(Topic ID: 51024)

The Pinball Machine with the Whole Package!

By Nilroc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TAF.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

In your opinion what machine uses all the elements of pinball to the max and should be in all collections. Elements of pinball I mean playfield design,lighting,ruleset, toys,ramps,DMD,callouts,theme,skill shots,flow etc.
    What would be your choice?

#2 10 years ago

lotr

#5 10 years ago

ac/dc

#7 10 years ago

congo

#9 10 years ago

Any model of The Pin!

Or LOTR. Has it all. Original dots, custom speech + awesome movie rips....music that put you in the zone and never gets old...perfect integration of theme....epic ruleset...three wizard modes...nice art package (some disagree,or hate the photoshop...I could care less...mine always looked awesome). Awesome toys...good flow, shots feel great.

Post edited by TheFamilyArcade : Explained my answer.

#10 10 years ago

WH2O, TZ, or TAF. I think those three are just about perfect.

#11 10 years ago

New rule.
    Your choice and short explanation why.

#12 10 years ago

Im going with TAF for right now as its the newest in my collection, that will change in a month Im sure. Theme is superbly translated into gameplay, great callouts, fun playfield layout and so on...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Im going with TAF for right now as its the newest in my collection, that will change in a month Im sure. Theme is superbly translated into gameplay, great callouts, fun playfield layout and so on...

Even over Tron right now? I'll go with TZ. Because it has lots to do and it's fun to do it all!

#14 10 years ago

LOTR - It marries all the elements together so superbly that it makes one rethink what a pinball machine is capable of being.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEWSHO:

Even over Tron right now?

I know crazy right? Tron is Unbelievably sweet though, and I love LOTR but Ive just played it too much the past year.....I had a very fun game of TZ last night, too many great pins to chose just one!

#16 10 years ago

CV with the home rom. Great music and sounds. Tons of lightshows. Lots of variety in shots and unique playfield. DMD within playfield. Backbox toy. Deep rulset with home rom. Can be set up extremely challenging or fairly easy.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I love LOTR but Ive just played it too much the past year!

It is a VERY good game! Had a blast playing it at your place last time, Going to go for GC on the 1st

#18 10 years ago

Williams IJ is the closest thing in my opinion. Just needs a spinner and a skill shot.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#19 10 years ago

TAF definitely deserves to be in the conversation. It has great point strategy elements as well as modes, call outs, theme, and ball times are not excessive. Yea, I think I'll go with taf even though LoTR is my favorite.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Williams IJ is the closest thing in my opinion. Just needs a spinner and a skill shot.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

I can't believe it took this long to see IJ pop up.
    Excellent integration of DMD!

#21 10 years ago

Because...(short explanation)

TAF.jpgTAF.jpg

#23 10 years ago

Theme ? Depth ? Not so much.

#24 10 years ago

Entire package?

Medeval Madness. Easily.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from schmoo:

Theme ? Depth ? Not so much.

True

#26 10 years ago

MM, has it all. Excellent wizard mode, great / funny call outs , artwork , video mode , toys, theme , etc

#27 10 years ago

AFM. Fast, flowy, moving skill shot, humor, awesome theme, saucer toy.Good for either a quick bat the ball around game or a long conquer the universe mission.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

AFM. Fast, flowy, moving skill shot, humor, awesome theme, saucer toy.Good for either a quick bat the ball aroumd game or a long conquer the universe mission.

+1

#29 10 years ago

TZ by a long shot

#30 10 years ago

Taxi

#32 10 years ago

That too,,, good choice...

#33 10 years ago

Is this just asking which Pinball is the best or which has the most stuff in and on it?

Most stuff - TZ. Most rules - TSPP. Neither are the best table.

LOTR has a good balance of everything yet I find it dull to play.

TAF is probably the best overall package of all the elements of pinball for me.

#34 10 years ago

The Shadow. Great flow, awesome ramps, best mini-playfield, best lock, good integration of movie theme, wizard mode is attainable , sound and dots are very well done, video mode is fast a nd furious and non repetitive. I love the art deco artwork and Baldwin doesn't bother me. Lighting could be better (compared to modern games I suppose) that's my only real negative.

#35 10 years ago

Tz, mm, lotr.

#36 10 years ago

Wow !
    Great responses. LOTR seems to be the favorite so far.

#37 10 years ago

I'd have to go with the tried-and-true MM.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Is this just asking which Pinball is the best or which has the most stuff in and on it?

If you read the original post, it is basically asking the same things that are asked when you rate a pin here at Pinside. What pin excels at *all* aspects/elements that make up a pin?

So I'd expect the responses to be similar to the way the pins are ranked in the Top 100 list.

Some of the ones mentioned so far I would argue are lacking in the art department.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

If you read the original post, it is basically asking the same things that are asked when you rate a pin here at Pinside. What pin excels at *all* aspects/elements that make up a pin?
    So I'd expect the responses to be similar to the way the pins are ranked in the Top 100 list.
    Some of the ones mentioned so far I would argue are lacking in the art department.

If you read my post you'll see what I wanted clarifying was if the question was of measuring quality or quantity. I think people are voting for TZ because it has the most stuff and LOTR because of the deep rules. There are pins with simpler but better rules than LOTR. There are games with fewer but better toys than TZ.

"Uses all the elements to the max" suggests a bigger=better attitude.

#42 10 years ago

Remember now everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    There is no wrong answer to this thread . We all have played many different machines and like various machines for certain things they offer. With all the knowledge gathered from the years of playing we all have a machine that stands out as a strong example of the so called perfect machine.
    For everyone that has played pinball that is going to differ among pinball enthusiasts.
    So let's just have some fun and keep the opinions coming!
    I enjoy the variance of opinions!

#43 10 years ago

My original vote was TAF with LoTR as my backup. But i think rob's right here, MM really has everything; great ruleset, awesome flow, fun shots, attainable wizard mode, fun toys. So i'd have to go MM > TAF > LoTR. Despite LoTR being my favorite pin of all time, its got quarky mechanics. MM & TAF just seem so smoothe.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-machine-with-the-whole-package and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.