20170903_191614 (resized).jpg
20170903_191537 (resized).jpg
image_2.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi fellow Pinsiders

We went "home" to Oviedo for the 4th of July holiday - so naturally a trip to the recently opened Pinball Lounge in Oviedo was at the top of our list! We got there early on Sunday (they open at noon so I guess "early" relative to vacation) and for a very short time had the place almost to ourselves. It didn't last long though and got pretty busy - but fortunately there are enough great games to play that we never had a wait.

My wife Kevie and I really enjoyed IJ but I think we were both most impressed with Metallica!

image.jpgimage.jpg

You can see from the background of this picture that these machines are very well maintained. The owners (Kurt & Ed) were on site cleaning and waxing the machines while we were there.

Both are great guys - and are as personable as they are knowledgable.

As one might imagine - besides this being a business for them - they are also both collectors.

Kurt said they have been tremendously successful in starting a pinball league and I would join myself if I still lived in the area!

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
Here's a picture of Kurt and I.

While talking with Ed it was easy to tell he has a longstanding and personal connection with the silverball. He built a really special hybrid Fireball that is on site. I do not remember playing Fireball before but both my wife and I decided if we ever pickup an EM this title is a strong contender. We pumped quite a few quarters in this game!

image.jpgimage.jpg
Talking to Ed...

The bottom line - if you are visiting Orlando - take a detour from "The Rat" and stop by Oviedo Bowl and The Pinball Lounge on your way from Di$ney to the Kennedy Space Center or Ron Johns in Cocoa Beach.

You can grab a cold one and play some pinball in a family friendly environment and I would not hesitate to say "bring the kids". (They serve beer at Disney too.) It's definitely worth the stop and on your way to the beach for a pinball enthusiast.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Where did they get those tables? Me likey.
Don C.

I asked Ed about that. They requested permission from PPS to produce the table tops. I checked them out closely while I was there - they are very high quality and it looks like they were printed directly on the Formica tops. This is possible as there are some pretty big print vendors who could do that type of work in the greater Orlando area.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Great review and pics, if your in Orlando it is well worth the stop! Great selection of games and most impressive was how well they were maintained and played. Plenty of room and the murals and tables really tie in the theme.

Not to mention there is nothing better than an ice cold beer while playing pinball on a HOT Florida day!!

5 months later
#16 8 years ago

I'm bummed - taking my family to the airport to head back to my house in Oviedo - and i'm sure they will get to play pinball at the Lounge. Unfortunately, I have to work - so can't go right now Anyway - at least they will have fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,419.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-lounge-oviedo-orlando-florida?tu=pinterest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.