image_2.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi fellow Pinsiders

We went "home" to Oviedo for the 4th of July holiday - so naturally a trip to the recently opened Pinball Lounge in Oviedo was at the top of our list! We got there early on Sunday (they open at noon so I guess "early" relative to vacation) and for a very short time had the place almost to ourselves. It didn't last long though and got pretty busy - but fortunately there are enough great games to play that we never had a wait.

My wife Kevie and I really enjoyed IJ but I think we were both most impressed with Metallica!

image.jpg

You can see from the background of this picture that these machines are very well maintained. The owners (Kurt & Ed) were on site cleaning and waxing the machines while we were there.

Both are great guys - and are as personable as they are knowledgable.

As one might imagine - besides this being a business for them - they are also both collectors.

Kurt said they have been tremendously successful in starting a pinball league and I would join myself if I still lived in the area!

image_1.jpg
Here's a picture of Kurt and I.

While talking with Ed it was easy to tell he has a longstanding and personal connection with the silverball. He built a really special hybrid Fireball that is on site. I do not remember playing Fireball before but both my wife and I decided if we ever pickup an EM this title is a strong contender. We pumped quite a few quarters in this game!

image.jpg
Talking to Ed...

The bottom line - if you are visiting Orlando - take a detour from "The Rat" and stop by Oviedo Bowl and The Pinball Lounge on your way from Di$ney to the Kennedy Space Center or Ron Johns in Cocoa Beach.

You can grab a cold one and play some pinball in a family friendly environment and I would not hesitate to say "bring the kids". (They serve beer at Disney too.) It's definitely worth the stop and on your way to the beach for a pinball enthusiast.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Ed and Kurt are good friends of mine and I am really glad to see their hard work has created such a great place. From what I hear the league night idea is working great. They had a big crowd for the KISS premier party last week and it was a blast!

Thanks for posting!

#3 7 years ago

I'll be in Orlando later this week, looks like I have an additional stop to make. Thanks for the heads up!

#4 7 years ago

Nice review. I have gotten to know Kurt through tournaments in Florida and he is a great player and a nice guy. Glad the Pinball Lounge is receiving good comments. I will make it up there soon.

#5 7 years ago

They're classics

EBD, centaur, fireball, etc

ALL SET FOR $.25

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

I'll be in Orlando later this week, looks like I have an additional stop to make. Thanks for the heads up!

Great review and pics, if your in Orlando it is well worth the stop! Great selection of games and most impressive was how well they were maintained and played. Plenty of room and the murals and tables really tie in the theme.

#7 7 years ago

Where did they get those tables? Me likey.

Don C.

#8 7 years ago

Hand Made with Stencils and Gorgeous!...as I heard.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Where did they get those tables? Me likey.
Don C.

I asked Ed about that. They requested permission from PPS to produce the table tops. I checked them out closely while I was there - they are very high quality and it looks like they were printed directly on the Formica tops. This is possible as there are some pretty big print vendors who could do that type of work in the greater Orlando area.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Great review and pics, if your in Orlando it is well worth the stop! Great selection of games and most impressive was how well they were maintained and played. Plenty of room and the murals and tables really tie in the theme.

Not to mention there is nothing better than an ice cold beer while playing pinball on a HOT Florida day!!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Not to mention there is nothing better than an ice cold beer while playing pinball on a HOT Florida day!!

I got a tasty top-shelf vodka and orange juice last time I was there. I also had a pretty darn good patty melt. It's nice having all of that right at your fingertips.

4 months later
#12 6 years ago

Just wrapped up my second visit to The Pinball Lounge last night. I live in Houston and travel often to Florida for my current job. There were a number of different games rotated in from my last visit about 4 months ago, including a Kiss, DW, BOP, and a fireball classic. I couldn't wait to play!

When I walked in, there were about 20 people playing, sitting around, and at the bar.... I thought, 'wow! This place is really catching on!' I was told by the bartender that it was league night. The bartender introduced me to Kurt, who gave me the run down on which games were reserved for league play. I was bummed because the games I wanted to play the most were going to be unavailable.

Oh, well. I figured I would play a few games in between the league players, grab a bite to eat and then take off to turn in early. While sitting at the bar, Ed came up and introduced himself. He thanked me for stopping by all the way from Texas. A little while later, Kurt pulled up a stool, we drank a beer and talked private collections for awhile. We learned that we share a common side interest of collecting neon signs!

Ed later stopped by at the bar and we talked pinball over a beer. It was great hearing how he and Kurt have a friendly competition rotating in games to see who's games get more play! Then Ed walked me over to the right side of the lineup, which features his older Bally games, and I was introduced to a restored/modded Fireball Classic. What a game! Of course, Ed proceeded to whip my tail over and over again, but I walked away with great appreciation of a classic game that I had not played before.

Long story short..... my 'play a few games, grab a quick bite to eat, and turn in early' plans turned into shutting the place down with Kurt and Ed and the bowling alley workers. I also met Frank Noge, a league player and Pinball Lounge regular, who by coincidence was going to be in my hometown of Houston in 48 hours to attend his first Houston Arcade Expo! We made plans to meet up Friday afternoon for a beer and pinball.

The Pinball Lounge embodies the true essence of what the pinball collecting hobby is. Thank you, Kurt and Ed, for making me feel so welcome and sharing your games with the public to enjoy. The Pinball Lounge is a bucket list location for any true pinball aficionado!

1 month later
#13 6 years ago

Had a few hours free in Oveido and made first visit to the Pinball Lounge today. Have to give two snaps up in a circle. Played GOT, IMVE, EBD and Fireball. Lotta fun for $10, I'll be back. After 9p, bowling is $1 per game.

#14 6 years ago

For nostalgia, I'd be interested in the serial numbers on the games. I bought and sold many of those older titles when I was living in Orlando years ago - multiples of a few. Can't wait to go back to Orlando and stop in to play.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

today. Have to give two snaps up in a circle. Played GOT, IMVE, EBD and Fireball. Lotta fun for $10, I'll be back. After 9p, bowling is $1 per game.

Great to hear there is a GOT at the lounge. Ed and Kurt do a great job rotating titles in, can't wait to get back!

#16 6 years ago

I'm bummed - taking my family to the airport to head back to my house in Oviedo - and i'm sure they will get to play pinball at the Lounge. Unfortunately, I have to work - so can't go right now Anyway - at least they will have fun!

9 months later
#17 5 years ago

Hello all. I just wanted to give a shout out to the Pinball Lounge. My wife and I stopped by for several hours this afternoon while on vacation in Orlando. We had a great time. The game selection is excellent and they are all very well maintained. Was able to meet Ed, Kurt and another pinsider named Jeff. If you're visiting the Orlando area, I highly recommend stopping by.

1 week later
#19 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing the video. It's been a while since I was there, and I like how they added the 3x3 back to back in the middle of the room. Just a piece of advice for shooting videos....slow down the movement of the camera. Was tough to follow and missed a lot with the fast pans of the camera. Otherwise, great clip!!

#20 5 years ago

Pinball Lounge!!!!!!!

#21 5 years ago

Looks like a great place, gonna have to check it out.

#22 5 years ago

The Pinball Lounge is truly a Lounge. Very comfortable. Not loud like other barcades. Highly recommended

#23 5 years ago

Are the owners involved at all with Free Play Florida because I'll be in Orlando for 8 plus days and definitely want to meet them?

#24 5 years ago

Kurt and Ed are always at freeplay, bringing games and helping out.

You can certainly anticipate finding them there.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Are the owners involved at all with Free Play Florida because I'll be in Orlando for 8 plus days and definitely want to meet them?

Yep we are sponsors of the show and we will be there all weekend. We'll be bringing a bunch of games, selling t shirts, and hanging out in The Pinball Lounge in the tournament area.

See you there!

-Kurt

#26 5 years ago

I was at the Pinball Lounge last night. All machines are very clean and well-maintained. Best EK I've played in a long, long time. My wife and I really enjoyed playing Who Dunnit as well- you don't see those very often. Super selection of games - old & new. Keep up the good work!

6 months later
#27 5 years ago

heading to the lounge tomorrow night, looking forward to it, will take pics

4 months later
#28 4 years ago

Pinball lounge is better than ever. Lots of great new and old games. Got some time in on Star Wars Premium!

20170903_191537 (resized).jpg

20170903_191614 (resized).jpg

20170903_191548 (resized).jpg

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pinball lounge is better than ever. Got some time in on Star Wars Premium!

I agree, checked it out today but a pinball wizard was killing Star Wars getting every high score so gave up waiting to play. Next time.....

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I agree, checked it out today but a pinball wizard was killing Star Wars getting every high score so gave up waiting to play. Next time.....

Yeah he left four free games for me when he left...

11 months later
#31 3 years ago

Was just at the Pinball Lounge yesterday to binge on pinball with dozens of great fanatics. Every time I go they manage to add a few extra machines. Enjoyed a bunch of games on TNA, Deadpool and Iron Maiden. Here is a walk-through video:

#32 3 years ago

Hey John I thanks for taking that awesome walkthrough video and sharing it with everybody!

I saw you filming it and it took everything for me to not do something goofy in front of the camera.

Always appreciate the support!

-Kurt

#33 3 years ago

This is by far the best place I’ve ever been to for Pinball. Lots and lots of games and they always have new ones that have recently come out. I always go there when I’m visiting my folks in Orlando. I highly recommend it if you’re in th area.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

This is by far the best place I’ve ever been to for Pinball. Lots and lots of games and they always have new ones that have recently come out. I always go there when I’m visiting my folks in Orlando. I highly recommend it if you’re in th area.

I couldnt agree with you more!

Not only are Kurt and Ed super great People, and avid pinheads, they keep the lineup fresh with the latest releases, and keep the classics running sweet!

Anyone heading in to Orlando, should visit, and there is always company from other Pinheads in town,
Heck, Im less than 10 minutes away, and happy to visit!

Cant say enough good things about their hard work, and creating a great place to play!

#35 3 years ago

Would love to go back. Isn't there an annual event?

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Would love to go back. Isn't there an annual event?

more than one

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Was just at the Pinball Lounge yesterday to binge on pinball with dozens of great fanatics. Every time I go they manage to add a few extra machines. Enjoyed a bunch of games on TNA, Deadpool and Iron Maiden. Here is a walk-through video:

The Pinball Lounge is great, I try to visit once a year. Hopefully you local folks know about Cafe One in Ormond Beach. That place is awesome too. Top games in top shape and they host a league.

B6C2D6DF-3DB9-435F-93F0-F1239B54D031 (resized).png
#38 3 years ago

When is the next event?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

When is the next event?

Check their facebook page for major events. They usually have all you can play on Friday nights for $10 and there is also a regular league play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mcdonald, PA
$ 90.00
$ 34.99

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!