(Topic ID: 284342)

The 2022 Pinball Awards: Saturday LIVE - WIN Toppers, Playfields, Backglasses...

By ZMeny

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RandomTask
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a4 (resized).jpg
    a2 (resized).jpg
    a3 (resized).jpg
    a1 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    6 (resized).jpg
    7 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    the pinball awards ad giveaways (resized).png
    323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg
    The Pinball Awards Logo (resized).png
    2990F161-626B-4E87-A24A-5A022E89657E.gif
    PIA HOF Words (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Outsiders were never going to win this award show . It was a sham . The Twipys will be more representative of The Pinball Industry . Jack Danger should have won Streamer and Kaneda as best podcast . Then the “producers” include a bad clip of Kaneda which made this show seem even more slanted towards a select group and not towards the most talented and worthy .
    A waste of time fellas. Don’t quit your day jobs .

So you’re saying there’s a chance you love these guys?

8D9680F1-966C-4609-B9CE-D20E3C2693C7.gif8D9680F1-966C-4609-B9CE-D20E3C2693C7.gif
    #188 3 years ago

All the pinball scholars here holding a pinball award show to biblical levels. Did you guys even notice Zach’s avatar is a football player wearing a pink tutu? Lighten up, it’s pinball

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Aka The Country Club Circle Jerk Awards

Where? I want to participate

#218 3 years ago

These award shows should include categories for “Most Sour Pinsider” and “Most Qualified Pinball Know It All Authority Who Disqualifies Your Award Show” but haters would call it a “big circle jerk”

#252 3 years ago

In order for ZMeny to make this right with the award show enthusiasts here (cuz he’s required to make 100% everyone happy, like all of us) he should issue a single blank award category for “Fill in your own industry award”. Much better than a participation trophy because you can make anything win to make yourself happy like “grandmas peanut butter cookies industry award”. Everyone is a winner!

#274 3 years ago

Getting a trophy in life is everything. I need a trophy to exist. Without this validation, my pinball machines I personally like and bought are nothing

1035B1B2-5FF6-42B6-9DD9-B5510246C713.gif1035B1B2-5FF6-42B6-9DD9-B5510246C713.gif
    #278 3 years ago

You tricked everyone by sponsoring your own award show

B4B55E58-6326-402C-9249-D58B0DFC10EB.gifB4B55E58-6326-402C-9249-D58B0DFC10EB.gif
    #294 3 years ago

If I had to add one thing I’d like to see in this (or any) Pinball award show is a lifetime achievement award. We are now hitting the era where these few pinball icons might not be around. Giving accolades posthumously is just not the right way. I was thinking specifically of somebody like Chris Granner who for me is the John Williams of Pinball. The first machine I heard him create music for was Pinbot. It brought that game to life and wouldn’t have been half the game without it. He went on to do the funky keys in Funhouse, TZ, Whitewater, etc - you know the rest. Incredible body of work - not a single lifetime achievement award. This is like the Grammys missing Jimmy Hendrix. So can we make this happen ZMeny ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Granner

There are a select set of others I’m sure that are worthy. These guys made the industry possible. This is my 2 cents, worth half a penny

#297 3 years ago

Chris Granner, Chris Granner, Chris Granner...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-industry-awards?tu=thechakapakuni and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.