(Topic ID: 284342)

The 2022 Pinball Awards: Saturday LIVE - WIN Toppers, Playfields, Backglasses...

By ZMeny

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RandomTask
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a4 (resized).jpg
    a2 (resized).jpg
    a3 (resized).jpg
    a1 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    6 (resized).jpg
    7 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    the pinball awards ad giveaways (resized).png
    323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg
    The Pinball Awards Logo (resized).png
    2990F161-626B-4E87-A24A-5A022E89657E.gif
    PIA HOF Words (resized).jpg
    There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 3 years ago

The Pinball Awards (formerly The Pinball Industry Awards)

We are creating an additional awards show for the pinball industry. The Pinball Awards is multifaceted and it’s aim is to celebrate all the exceptional work being done each and every year for what we all love most, pinball.

The Pinball Awards is primarily a critics-choice awards with a public vote now added into the mix. A pre-vetted panel of media judges and the public will help honor the best of pinball. The Pinball Awards is a transparent, objective, and respectful celebration of the industry.

We also need YOUR vote! The general public will help induct our favorite machines into what will be known as The Pinball Machine Hall Of Fame. One machine from each era (EMs, 70s SS, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s) will be inducted into the 2022 Class. The general public can now vote one machine from each era into The Pinball Machine Hall Of Fame.

The Pinball Awards will be broadcasted on January 28th 2023 9/8c at youtube.com/thepinballnetwork

CHECK IT OUT NOW!

youtube.com/thepinballnetwork

PinballAwards.com

- The Pinball Industry Awards Committee

The Pinball Awards Logo (resized).pngThe Pinball Awards Logo (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

The Pinball Show: A Special Announcement

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

Dennis and Zach are excited to share with you, a special project that they and many at TPN have been working on.

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    thepinballindustryawards.com

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qs6kt-f5c7bc

4263792C-B11F-4FC0-918C-FBC0D70FF5D5 (resized).jpeg4263792C-B11F-4FC0-918C-FBC0D70FF5D5 (resized).jpeg
    #4 3 years ago

Hello "Pinball Hobbyist Media",

We'd like you to be a judge in the Pinball Industry Awards! Feel free to invite anyone who 'Pinball Hobbyist Media Member' to be a judge too! There is an application on the website https://www.thepinballindustryawards.com/. There is also eligibility requirements to who qualifies as "Pinball Hobbyist Media".

Looking forward to 2021!

Dave

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Looking forward to this!

Hey thanks Gambit! We think the community will have fun watching all of the awards this winter

#7 3 years ago

put in my votes, looking forward to this. I do 2 - 3 hour long podcasts a week, time to start up a Pinball one so i can be in on the judging next year!

#8 3 years ago

AKA award a podcaster who’s not Kaneda awards

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

put in my votes, looking forward to this. I do 2 - 3 hour long podcasts a week, time to start up a Pinball one so i can be in on the judging next year!

Thanks and heck yeah, we’d love that!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

AKA award a podcaster who’s not Kaneda awards

I believe Kaneda will qualify as part of the Media Judging Panel, so he’s included and likely will be voting on the main game awards

#11 3 years ago

Does the tiny pinball industry really need another award show?

#12 3 years ago

I just watched the trailer above and was hit over the face with a "thank you captain obvious" sort of fact... I have not played a single one of those "new in 2020" games... doh!

I am sure many will be in the same boat. The number of people who have played all of them to the point of being able to offer an edumacated opinion on them is probably as darn near zero as you can get.

I guess 2020 awards will be battle of the armchair opinions even moreso than usual. Which leaves plenty of room for the 2021 "eat crow" awards when we can emerge from our caves and actually see what is shaking at a show or whatever.

#13 3 years ago

The drop down for the 1990's Hall of Fame does not include Williams games. STTNG and IJ are nowhere to be found? Am i missing something?

#14 3 years ago

Lumping all EMs into one category is waaaaaay too broad. How about long-flipper EM, short-flipper EM, no-flipper EM?
    .................David Marston

#15 3 years ago

"The Pinball Industry Awards" - As chosen by no one in the industry

Makes perfect sense.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

The drop down for the 1990's Hall of Fame does not include Williams games. STTNG and IJ are nowhere to be found? Am i missing something?

Hey! Super big error on my part. I've updated the form with the Williams games. Must have been how the application pulled the data from the spreadsheet! Thanks so much for the help!!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

We hope people will enjoy the entertainment and if not, we have no intention of forcing people to watch it. But, maybe you’ll have fun participating?

#18 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to the Annual MidAtlantic Pinball Superlatives banquet and awards show.

Subscribe now!

#19 3 years ago

Great idea. I like the concept of people voting on awards that actually have some hands on knowledge of what they're voting on.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm looking forward to the Annual MidAtlantic Pinball Superlatives banquet and awards show.
    Subscribe now!

Yeah... Name and URL was already taken

#21 3 years ago

So, the P.I.A.s?

#22 3 years ago

Hey all! Been getting a lot of PMs asking about these new awards vs. the TWIPYs, so wanted to make a quick statement.

I was given an “off the record” heads up by someone at TPN that they were looking at starting an awards show run the same time of year as the TWIPYs to compete with the TWIPYs, and it appears this is it. It looks like the difference is that it is some pinball "media" people picking the winners vs the general public / pinball community. I know none of the details of these awards, so please direct all questions the TPN guys. Thanks!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

...that they were looking at starting an awards show run the same time as the TWIPYs to compete with the TWIPY.....some pinball "media" people picking the winners vs the general public / pinball community.!

So is it being premiering at the same time and date? If not doesn't seem to be the same thing or competing

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So is it being premiering at the same time and date? If not doesn't seem to be the same thing or competing

Same time of year I meant, edited for clarity.

#25 3 years ago

I mean end of the year...for a yearly (jan-jan) award...

Is this the right or wrong place to announce my fiscal year "Law-ees" awards 2021?

#26 3 years ago

There’s a phrase for this.. what’s it called again? Oh right, circle jerk.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

awards show run the same time of year as the TWIPYs to compete with the TWIPYs,

91jjnboUxML._SX679_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX679SY454SH20_ (resized).jpg91jjnboUxML._SX679_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX679SY454SH20_ (resized).jpg
    #28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So, the P.I.A.s?

Fitting right? To manufacturers, media are often just that, a PIA hahaha

#29 3 years ago

I can't agree more. This is just SO dumb. Seems like a play to just get more control back now that TWIPYs is not part of the "network". Why not just admit that?

F this entire thing. So stupid. I can’t wait to hear about how their feelings were hurt after just trying to do a good thing for the industry. Always the victim. I will not support this garbage and encourage others who see what's really going on here to do the same.

Twip does a great job, works hard but F them - let's start our own show to compete directly under the "network".

Wow. D move. Why not just partner together.....

#30 3 years ago

Interesting, the guy that was in four categories for Twipy awards last year includeing pinball rookie of the year, and won nothing started his own awards show.

#31 3 years ago

Did it need one in the first place?

#32 3 years ago

Truth is, all award shows are biased in one way or another. But Yes, another format is welcomed IMO as the other one is based on popularity.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Truth is, all award shows are biased in one way or another. But Yes, another format is welcomed IMO as the other one is based on popularity.

Thanks for the support. You're very right.

#34 3 years ago

Hey everyone! Be sure to check out the website. All of the judging criteria and an FAQ are on there. Here is the link: https://www.thepinballindustryawards.com/#faq.

Also, PLEASE vote Tron Legacy for 2010's on your Pinball Machine Hall of Fame ballot!

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Interesting, the guy that was in four categories for Twipy awards last year includeing pinball rookie of the year, and won nothing started his own awards show.

I was honored to be associated with all of those categories in the first place! Felt great to receive that amount of positive feedback.

#36 3 years ago

I’m excited to get a different perspective! More pinball the better.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Hey everyone! Be sure to check out the website. All of the judging criteria and an FAQ are on there. Here is the link: https://www.thepinballindustryawards.com/#faq.

OK thanks.
    I'm just happy anytime something involving TPN includes a website.

#38 3 years ago

But how do we reward the award show that host the best award show?

#39 3 years ago
    643F76EC-8FCC-4ED1-81A5-5E9D97564E4E.gif643F76EC-8FCC-4ED1-81A5-5E9D97564E4E.gif
    #40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

There are no winners there Rez

#41 3 years ago

So I’m just a loser : (

#42 3 years ago

May I suggest ...

Pindustry?

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

So I’m just a loser : (

No, Im saying those that are trying to create an awards show honoring the hard work of industry creators are the real losers.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

May I suggest ...
    Pindustry?

Not bad. I would say "Pinball Media Awards" makes the most sense but too late now.
    Pinball Industry is just confusing as you can't be employed by the Pinball Industry to be a judge even though Sales are part of The Pinball Industry....Zach

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not bad. I would say "Pinball Media Awards" makes the most sense but too late now.
    Pinball Industry is just confusing as you can't be employed by the Pinball Industry to be a judge even though Sales are part of The Pinball Industry....Zach

now I'm confused haha

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

now I'm confused haha

Join the club!

I'm just here to vote for Dennis, but I didn't see a Dennis category.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Join the club!
    I'm just here to vote for Dennis, but I didn't see a Dennis category.

He is greatness we agree on that.

#48 3 years ago

Thank you ZMeny for all you do for the hobby. I don't see this as competing w/ the TWIPYs, but more of a people's choice award compared to the Oscars. Keep on ignoring the haters and do your thing.

#49 3 years ago

The more pinball stuff the merrier i say. Its not like we have shows or leagues or anything else going on... I'll tune in for sure.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

montgomery-burns-award-for-outstanding-achievement-in-the-field-of-excellence (resized).jpgmontgomery-burns-award-for-outstanding-achievement-in-the-field-of-excellence (resized).jpg
    There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-industry-awards?hl=dontpanicflip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.