(Topic ID: 284342)

The 2022 Pinball Awards: Saturday LIVE - WIN Toppers, Playfields, Backglasses...

By ZMeny

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RandomTask
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a4 (resized).jpg
    a2 (resized).jpg
    a3 (resized).jpg
    a1 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    6 (resized).jpg
    7 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    the pinball awards ad giveaways (resized).png
    323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg
    The Pinball Awards Logo (resized).png
    2990F161-626B-4E87-A24A-5A022E89657E.gif
    PIA HOF Words (resized).jpg

There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 2 years ago

Want to be a PIA Judge?

The Pinball Awards Judging Panel will be comprised of a selection of the Pinball Hobbyist Personalities who meet the selection criteria below. The PIA Governing Committee will vet your application around the eligibility requirements.

Apply Here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TFYFQPM

Applications will be accepted up until December 29th at 12:00PM Eastern Time.

Once we’ve vet your application and you qualify as a 2021 Judge, you will receive the secure online voting ballot via email when voting begins.

Some Notes:

Your name will be identified by name and organization publicly on the PIA website after the awards have been presented to ensure transparency of the judging pool.

If your application has been declined, the reasons why they were declined will be retained but not published publicly. If an issue arises around being excluded from the judging pool the reasons why may then be made public.

Do You Qualify as a Pinball Hobbyist Personality? Selection Criteria:

Podcaster:
    - Minimum 7 annual podcasts
    - Content must be easily accessed, and publicly available

Streamer:
    - Minimum 200 followers
    - Minimum 50 hours streamed annually

Video Content Creator:
    - Minimum 10 standalone videos annually
    - Minimum 100 subscribers (Streaming content imported from another source excluded)
    - Content not web hosted will be reviewed case by case (ie. physical media)

Writer:
    - Minimum 1 annual written article (physical or online)
    - Content must be easily accessed, and article is publicly available

Social Media Provider:
    - Minimum 50 pinball-specific posts annually (across all social platforms)
    - Minimum 1,000 followers/subscribers (across all social platforms)

Tournament Organizer:
    - Minimum annual organizing of 6 IFPA sanctioned pinball tournaments
    - At least one IFPA sanctioned tournament must have 40 or more attendees

Top 50 IFPA Ranked Tournament Player:
    - Must be ranked Top 50 on the IFPA Over-all or Woman’s Rankings at the time of vetting

Exclusions

To ensure The Pinball Industry Awards are as unbiased as possible we strive to keep conflicts of interest in the judging pool as small as possible. This requires exclusions in the selection criteria: Any individual contracted or employed by an industry manufacturer eligible for an award; that was responsible for the development or creation of physical or intellectual contributions. Moreover, any employee who had an employee/manufacturer relationship but was terminated by either party in the 12 months prior.

1 week later
    #304 2 years ago

The 2021 Pinball Machine Hall of Fame voting is now open!! Follow the link to vote for your favorite Pinball Machine by Decade!

Voting is open for EVERYONE and vote until January 14th 2022 at Noon ET!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DMK3MLF

PIA HOF Words (resized).jpgPIA HOF Words (resized).jpg
    #306 2 years ago

This has been some excellent and serious work! The committee will discuss this for next year, since it is a bit gray and we hadn't thought about this scenario when building out the criteria....

That being said, if you had happened to publish that investigation in an article fashion it would 100% be eligible.

#307 2 years ago

This year the Pinball Machine Hall of Fame has received votes faster than 2020! Lightening response this year!

Feel Free to vote by January 14th!

#309 2 years ago

Final 4 Days for the 2021 Pinball Machine Hall of Fame Voting!!!

Voting is open for EVERYONE and vote until January 14th 2022 at Noon ET!

PIA HOF Words (resized).jpgPIA HOF Words (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #310 2 years ago

IT'S A 7PM CT SURPRISE! The Pinball Industry Awards will be dropping tonight on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePinballNetwork

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

IT'S A 7PM ET SURPRISE! The Pinball Industry Awards will be dropping tonight on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePinballNetwork

I believe we have it set for 7PM Central

#312 2 years ago

LIVE TONIGHT

The Second Annual Pinball Industry Awards

The 2021 Crystals

Who will be bringing home the glass this year?!

#313 2 years ago

I oughta be home from dinner soon and will be sitting down on the sofa and tuning in for the live performance.

#314 2 years ago

I'm ready. Acceptance speech and everything.

LTG : )

#315 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I oughta be home from dinner soon and will be sitting down on the sofa and tuning in for the live performance.

Quoted from LTG:

I'm ready. Acceptance speech and everything.
    LTG : )

Hell Yeah! Thanks guys! Cya there

#316 2 years ago

LTG can’t be stopped

2990F161-626B-4E87-A24A-5A022E89657E.gif2990F161-626B-4E87-A24A-5A022E89657E.gif
    #317 2 years ago

LTG can’t be stopped[quoted image]

Hahaha hopefully everyone has comfy sweatpants on and is staying warm

#318 2 years ago

LTG can’t be stopped[quoted image]

Lmao

#319 2 years ago

Damn..... Nice surprise at the beginning!

Between the Lyman tribute, these two new guys,and the Punny Factory reference, I'm likin' the first 20 minutes!

#320 2 years ago

Do you think I will win??? I guess not! But nice tribute to Lyman! Todd

#321 2 years ago

Really well done everyone! Enjoyed watching every minute of it and an amazing tribute to the legend, LFS.

#322 2 years ago

Excellence Award Vote Breakdown:

Excellence In Pinball Streaming
    1) IE Pinball (34%)
    2) Don't Panic Flip (13.6%)
    3) MPT3K (11.3%)

Excellence In Pinball Podcasting
    1) The Pinball Show (27.5%)
    2) Silverball Chronicles (12.5%)
    3) Backbox, Slam Tilt, and Final Round (7.5%)

Excellence in Pinball Writing
    1) TWIP (38.1%)
    2) Knapp Arcade (14.3%)

Excellence In Pinball Social Media
    1) Fun with Bonus and Knapp Arcade (18.75%)
    3) Joe Ciaravino and The Pinball Network (9.4%)

Excellence In Pinball Photography
    1) Knapp Arcade (30.4%)
    2) Orange Photography (21.7%)
    3) Charles Acosta (Pinball Photos) (17.4%)

Excellence In Pinball Videography
    1) Straight Down the Middle: A Pinball Show (30%)
    2) Imoto Harney (18.2%)
    3) Abe Flips (15%)

The Harry Williams Legacy Award
    Dwight Sullivan (14.28571%) <-- Extra decimals for you Dwight!

#323 2 years ago

Category Awards Breakdown:

Best Art-Cabinet and Backglass
    1) Godzilla (52.83%)
    2) Mando (20.75%)
    3) Ultraman (11.32%)
    4) Halloween (7.55%)
    5) Jurassic Park: The Pin (5.66%)
    6) Valhalla (1.89%)

Best Art-Playfield
    1) Godzilla (62.26%)
    2) Mando (16.98%)
    3) Ultraman (9.43%)
    4) Halloween (3.77%)
    5) Jurassic Park: The Pin, Zeppelin, and Valhalla (1.89%)

Best Lighting Effects
    1) Zeppelin (50.94%)
    2) Godzilla (18.87%)
    3) Mando (7.55%)
    4) Sorcerer's Apprentice (5.66%)
    5) Halloween and Ultraman (3.77%)
    7) Jurassic Park: The Pin (1.89%)

Best Theme Integration
    1) Godzilla (71.70%)
    2) Mando (15.09%)
    3) Halloween and Jurassic Park: The Pin (3.77%)
    5) Zeppelin and Ultraman (1.89%)

Best Toys
    1) Godzilla (88.68%)
    2) Mando (7.55%)
    3) Jurassic Park: The Pin and Sorcerer's Apprentice (1.89%)

Best Innovation
    1) Godzilla (69.81%)
    2) Sorcerer's Apprentice (9.43%)
    3) Halloween (5.66%)
    4) Mando (3.77%)
    5) Jurassic Park: The Pin, Shoot 'n Scoot, and Silver Falls (1.89%)

Best Playfield Layout
    1) Godzilla (92.31%)
    2) Mando (3.85%)
    3) Zeppelin (1.92%)

Best Rules
    1) Godzilla (59.62%)
    2) Mando (11.54%)
    3) Zeppelin (9.62%)
    4) Jurassic Park: The Pin (7.69%)
    5) Sorcerer's Apprentice (1.92%)

Best Accessory
    1) Insider Connected Kit (75.00%)
    2) Zeppelin Airship Topper (5.77%)
    3) GnR Marquee Topper and Mando Amban Rifle Side Armor (3.85%)
    5) Mando Razor Crest Control Knob (1.92%)

Best Music
    1) Zeppelin (53.85%)
    2) Godzilla (23.08%)
    3) Mando (9.62%)
    4) Valhalla and Silver Falls (1.92%)

Best Sound Effects
    1) Godzilla (51.92%)
    2) Mando (21.15%)
    3) Halloween and Zeppelin (5.77%)
    5) Jurassic Park: The Pin (3.85%)
    6) Ultraman (1.92%)

Best Call Outs
    1) Godzilla (44.23%)
    2) Mando (34.62%)
    3) Halloween (7.69%)
    4) Jurassic Park: The Pin, Zeppelin, Sorcerer's Apprentice, and Ultraman (1.92%)

Best Animation, Display, and Effects
    1) Godzilla (40.38%)
    2) Mando (28.85%)
    3) Sorcerer's Apprentice (13.46%)
    4) Zeppelin (5.77%)
    5) Halloween, Valhalla, and Ultraman (1.92%)

#324 2 years ago

Best in Show 2021:

1) Godzilla (98.08%)
    2) Zeppelin (1.92%)

#325 2 years ago

The breakdown of PIA Hobbyist Personality Judges, names to follow in the coming days:

Podcaster: 16
    Social Media Provider: 4 [new category]
    Streamer: 20
    Top 50 IFPA Ranked (overall or women's): 2 [new category]
    Tournament Organizer: 4 [new category]
    Video Content Creator: 8
    Writer: 1

1 week later
    #326 2 years ago

Something I want to like about this production and I just can’t get there. Greg and Zach for sure are the best. Just disagree with a lot of the outcome/votes personally. Had no idea this was happening when it did. Regardless the breakdown doesn’t resonate with me. Wish it did. Good job to all those involved.

10 months later
    #328 1 year ago

Exciting Updates for the 2022 Awards!

At The Pinball Network (TPN) we’re always looking to better represent the pinball hobby and push the vision of fun and entertainment further with everything we do. We’ve been working hard to make the greatest awards show in pinball where we can celebrate, honor, entertain and exceed expectations.

-- The Pinball Industry Awards are now ‘The Pinball Awards!’ --

The Pinball Network, the premier pinball hobbyist entertainment collective, announced today that it has changed the name of the annual Pinball Industry Awards (PIAs) to ‘The Pinball Awards’ (TPAs). The name change was prompted by a deep discussion by The Pinball Awards Committee to create a brand which is a better representation of our event. We strive to be the greatest celebration of the pinball hobby and we believe this new name reflects our profound passion for pinball.

-- A NEW Live Ceremony January 28th, 2023 --

This year we’re going BIG!

Zach and Nicole Meny of Flip N Out Pinball will be hosting a group of Pinball Hobbyist Personalities in the 'Flip N Out Theatre'. The amazing Don’t Panic Flip will be producing a live online ceremony streamed simultaneously on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch. Just search, ‘The Pinball Network’ in one of those platforms to subscribe and follow the event!

There will be prizes, surprises and guest presenters from all over the pinball hobby!

-- Expanding the Voting Criteria with a Public Voting Component --

We have heard your feedback and you’re now more involved than ever!
    The inspiration for The Pinball Awards has always been the wildly successful Game Awards. As such, we have decided to incorporate their voting methodology to better represent the whole pinball hobbyist community, not just the selected few Pinball Hobbyist Personalities Judges. '

-- What Prompted this Change? --

The TPA Committee is always looking to expand our awards show, build on diversity and inclusion to better represent the hobby. Moreover, we’ve had requests to open the judging pool with a public vote component to better reflect of the hobby!
    Last year, we greatly increased the breadth of the vetted Hobbyist Personality Judges eligibility criteria by including Top 100 overall players, Top 100 Women’s IFPA players and Social Media Content Providers. However, we did not see the growth in gender diversity, ethnic diversity, and the size of the Hobbyist Personality Judging Pool, as we had expected.

-- How Are the Winner Selected? What is the New Voting Methodology? --

Winners are determined by a blended vote between the vetted Pinball Hobbyist Personality Judging Pool voting (90%) and public voting (10%).

-- Why Can’t the Public Be 100% of the Vote? --

It is important to The Pinball Awards Committee that the winners are not ‘socially engineered’, the voting system isn’t exploited, and the vote represent the pinball hobby. The blended methodology provides a more credible and authentic winner.

-- Where Can Pinball Hobbyist Personalities Vote? --

Pinball Hobbyist Personality must request a ballot before January 7th, 2023 and be vetted before voting.

The Judges Application can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8M63VZV

-- Where Can the Public Vote? --

Members of the public can request a ballot by January 7th, 2023, once reviewed they will receive a ballot to vote.

You can request a public ballot here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ976JB

-- What about the Pinball Machine Hall of Fame? --

The 2022 Pinball Machine Hall of Fame voting is also open to everyone here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DC533P2

Thanks for another year of support and we’re excited for the 2022 Pinball Awards!

The TPA Committee Members,

Dennis, Amanda, Mike, Joel, David, Zach and George

For more information about TPA and the Hobbyist Personality Judging Criteria visit www.pinballawards.com

323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg
    #329 1 year ago

I hope with the vetting process of voters that you eventually allow the public more than 10% of the vote. This is definitely an improvement.

#330 1 year ago

Agree here - 10% isn’t enough but I’m glad it was implemented. I get having tournament players and top 100 but I question that pinball media and streamers… they aren’t necessarily any more “experts” than the public just because they talk about pinball.

I think it be cool to get people who play in local pinball leagues to vote there is a good mix of people.

Quoted from Jaeg:

I hope with the vetting process of voters that you eventually allow the public more than 10% of the vote. This is definitely an improvement.

#331 1 year ago

OKAY Y'ALL

It's time for The 2022 Pinball Awards and TODAY is the LAST DAY for YOU to sign-up to become a judge for this year's program

Fast, Easy, & Fun

If you're a fan of pinball and have paid attention to the new games of the year and the media covering them, sign up as a PUBLIC MEMBER.

If you create media for pinball or if you are a high-level competition player, sign up as a JUDGE.

Public ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ976JB
    Judges ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8M63VZV

ALSO, tune in LIVE on January 28th at youtube.com/thepinballnetwork to watch The Pinball Awards! AND WIN FREE PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS!!!

#332 1 year ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Agree here - 10% isn’t enough but I’m glad it was implemented. I get having tournament players and top 100 but I question that pinball media and streamers… they aren’t necessarily any more “experts” than the public just because they talk about pinball.
    I think it be cool to get people who play in local pinball leagues to vote there is a good mix of people.

I'm pretty confident that pinball streamers and media creators have more knowledge about 2022 pinball than the countless toddlers and pets and paid bots that vote in some awards contests. But yes, calling anyone an "Expert" is a stretch.

We do what we can to create an awards show that best attempts to give everyone that loves pinball a chance to let their voice be heard while also preventing someone from abusing a system in efforts to fuel their own need for recognition and insecurities.

#333 1 year ago

Understood - thanks for taking the time to put on the event. I know a lot of hard work goes in to it.

Quoted from ZMeny:

I'm pretty confident that pinball streamers and media creators have more knowledge about 2022 pinball than the countless toddlers and pets and paid bots that vote in some awards contests. But yes, calling anyone an "Expert" is a stretch.
    We do what we can to create an awards show that best attempts to give everyone that loves pinball a chance to let their voice be heard while also preventing someone from abusing a system in efforts to fuel their own need for recognition and insecurities.

1 week later
    #334 1 year ago

I am excited to see the FLIP N OUT THEATRE!

1 week later
    #335 1 year ago

THIS SATURDAY - CELEBRATE - WIN STUFF - LIVE

Playfields, Toppers, Backglasses, Limited Edition Collectibles, Banners, Shooter Rods, Art Blades, Accessories, AND MORE!

...maybe a few surprises as well

youtube.com/thepinballnetwork

the pinball awards ad giveaways (resized).pngthe pinball awards ad giveaways (resized).png
    #336 1 year ago

Just watched the show. Incredible production quality, as expected! Great job Zach, Greg and the entire team!

#337 1 year ago

I'm so proud of all my fellow members of The Pinball Awards committee! The 2022 awards blew me away! George should be proud of the live stream because not only did it come to get well live, the presentation was stunning! Zachary and Greg hosting was once again wonderful and they brought some serious wit (at least half of it). Amanda and at the prize table made me laugh a bunch of times! Guys, I'm so thrilled at what you put together and you should be too!

#338 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I'm so proud of all my fellow members of The Pinball Awards committee! The 2022 awards blew me away! George should be proud of the live stream because not only did it come to get well live, the presentation was stunning! Zachary and Greg hosting was once again wonderful and they brought some serious wit (at least half of it). Amanda and at the prize table made me laugh a bunch of times! Guys, I'm so thrilled at what you put together and you should be too!

Couldn’t have had the physical show without all of your work in voting processes and preparation etc

#339 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I couldn’t help notice the one name you left out…

#340 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

I couldn’t help notice the one name you left out…

hahahahahaha

#341 1 year ago

Did Alien win all the awards? I only watched for a few minutes, but Alien seemed to be winning everything. Greg thought it was immersive.

#342 1 year ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Did Alien win all the awards?

No.

#343 1 year ago
    1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg
    #344 1 year ago
    a1 (resized).jpga1 (resized).jpga2 (resized).jpga2 (resized).jpga3 (resized).jpga3 (resized).jpga4 (resized).jpga4 (resized).jpg
    There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-industry-awards/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.