(Topic ID: 284342)

The 2022 Pinball Awards: Saturday LIVE - WIN Toppers, Playfields, Backglasses...

By ZMeny

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RandomTask
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a4 (resized).jpg
    a2 (resized).jpg
    a3 (resized).jpg
    a1 (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).jpg
    6 (resized).jpg
    7 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    the pinball awards ad giveaways (resized).png
    323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg
    The Pinball Awards Logo (resized).png
    2990F161-626B-4E87-A24A-5A022E89657E.gif
    PIA HOF Words (resized).jpg
    There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 3 years ago

Just for clarity, are Pinsiders required to use the awards show results or the Top 100 rankings when deciding on their next purchase? It is my understanding that both are infallible.

#252 3 years ago

In order for ZMeny to make this right with the award show enthusiasts here (cuz he’s required to make 100% everyone happy, like all of us) he should issue a single blank award category for “Fill in your own industry award”. Much better than a participation trophy because you can make anything win to make yourself happy like “grandmas peanut butter cookies industry award”. Everyone is a winner!

#253 3 years ago

man...

Im not a shill and I dont know Zack but just based on what the other moderated guy posted I can tell you Zach aint the problem here.

I wish I had the time and energy to get so upset over nothing.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I wish I had the time and energy to get so upset over nothing.

You've only been a member here for 5 months so don't worry, you'll get there

#255 3 years ago

Allright here goes,
    Shouldnt even bother but....

Bunch of sour hating pussys, be glad that some people take the time and effort in there lives to make something for your/our enjoyment.
    To prayse and better this nerdy hobby, this is something from the people for the people, from pinball lovers for pinball lovers.
    Specialy during this crazy times you should appreciate that you can sit on your lazy ass and watch that stuff for free.
    You dont always have to agree or disagree just enjoy.

SDTM team thanks for all your efforts!

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Bunch of sour hating pussys, be glad that some people take the time and effort in there lives to make something for your/our enjoyment.

Doesn't really sound like they are enjoying it

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You've only been a member here for 5 months so don't worry, you'll get there

nah man I am a grown ass adult...

I could care less what anyone on the interwebs thinks of me or otherwise.

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

No down vote but which Stern game was a better complete package and execution then GnR? Curious what and why for your vote.

Downvoting or upvoting is nonsense actually. Discussing and respecting how others feel, should be what this forum is about.

Nothing against GNR and don’t want to get into my dog is bigger than your dog. It’s all subjective, but both AIQ and TMNT have excellent merits, just as other companies products, but obviously were not given much credence by this small committee imo. From my point of view both those games are more fun and will last longer in a home setting. But that opinion is also subjective, but thanks for asking.

Quoted from joelbob:

Hey Thunderbird, I'm a fellow TMNT owner and I've had AIQ in my possession for a few months now and I'm really struggling with some of your statements. I was one of the 40 people that voted on the game awards and we were told to be as objective as possible when deciding these votes. That was NOT easy. I was constantly asking myself is this "my" favorite or I have removed my personal preferences from my vote. This turned out to be quite a battle in my head.
    Out of 14 awards Stern took home 5, JJP 6, Spooky 2, and Multimorphic 1. I absolutely respect Stern for what they have done for this hobby but I feel 5/14 is far from being shunned.
    -Best Art BG/Cab - TMNT - This was super easy for me to vote for with AIQ being my #2
    -Best Art Playfield - TMNT - Once again that was my votes with AIQ being my #2
    -Best Playfield Layout - AIQ - This was also my vote. Anyone that has shot AIQ knows Keith is brilliant.
    -Best Rules - AIQ - Also my vote. The rules are unbelievably complex but they are incredibly well balanced and a ton of fun.
    -Best Accessory - ST - The UV light kit is incredible. I wish it would have been stock but there isn't an accessory that adds more to a game last year than that.
    These 5 categories were a lock in my book and it looks like the rest of the group agreed.
    -Best Toys - Heist - The crane on this game is unbelievable. I think you could argue the Portal Lock/Avengers Tower are great but personally I don't think they are better that the interaction the crane in Heist has. TMNT is really neat but once again personally I find the crane offers more. (tough vote I would say)
    -Best Sound Effects - R&M - I'm sorry but neither TMNT nor AIQ are in the running here. I'm not saying they are bad but R&M is in a different league with all the different dimension sounds.
    -Best Call Outs - R&M - I would agree that TMNT has great call outs and if they used original actors maybe they would have won, but R&M did use the actual actor and recorded a ton of custom call outs for this game. AIQ is not in the running.
    -Best Lighting Effects - TMNT and AIQ have good lights, but R&M and G&R are on an entirely different level. Until Stern moves all their lights to fully RGB I think it would be very hard to vote for them in this category.
    -Best Theme Integration - This one I would actually consider TMNT in the running. Personally I voted G&R because you actually feel like you are at the concert when playing that game. Personally I think this is one of AIQ weaknesses.
    -Best Innovation - G&R won this for their new switches and hotrails. I'm sorry but TMNT uses mechs that have been used before. AIQ does have the raising portal lock which is neat but the "switchless" switches in G&R are much more innovative. Personally I would have Heist being in 2nd place before AIQ or TMNT.
    -Best Music - This is between G&R and R&M. This vote I struggled with A TON. Personally I like R&M music more but how do you ignore G&R's music being loved by millions of people all over the world. I actually don't remember which one I picked because I went back and forth so many times. I did not consider TMNT or AIQ in the running here. I do like TMNT's music but it isn't on the same level as those other two games.
    -Best Animations - This was another vote I struggles with. Personally I was between G&R and R&M. G&R has all the concert assets and graphics they use during their live show as well as some amazing 3D renderings JJP created. R&M is an animated show loved by millions of people and it is full of clips from the show. Once again I don't remember which one I voted because I was so back and forth. I like TMNT's animations but they aren't at the same level as the other two. AIQ could use some help with their animations.
    -Best in Show - G&R - THIS WAS NOT EASY TO VOTE ON. I know I can't vote what is my personal favorite game or what would be a keeper in my collection because that is not how we are supposed to judge (that would have been TMNT). I was between G&R, AIQ, and R&M. R&M is fun but brutal. Amazing music and immersion. AIQ has amazing shots and rules with countless ways to play it. It is a competition players dream. G&R is playing a concert in a box. The rules are great. The music and immersion is insane. I ended up voting for G&R because I personally think it will do more for the pinball hobby in the long run than AIQ will. This pin is being loved by high end players as well as their friends/family that just dabble in pinball. If AIQ had better sound/animations then maybe but with the rules it currently has it will never be accessible to the "beginner" crowd like G&R is. I ended up picking what I thought was the more well rounded pin. I'd consider TMNT a more complete package compared to AIQ but besides Art I think G&R does almost everything else better.
    Well if you made it this far please consider that 40 people tried their hardest to make this as objective and fair as possible. There was no hidden agenda here. It was just a group of people (that happen to be pinball media) that all took this very seriously trying to give every single one of the 8 games a chance in every category. I know I voted different in a few of the categories for the Twippy's because that was me voting for what is my favorite and not what I feel is the best in each specific category.

Thanks for your excellent explanation on how you voted. Much appreciated!

#259 3 years ago

Judging an unfinished AIQ game was almost not fair, imo. Will be interesting to compare how the Twipys turn out.

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Hey Thunderbird, I'm a fellow TMNT owner and I've had AIQ in my possession for a few months now and I'm really struggling with some of your statements. I was one of the 40 people that voted on the game awards and we were told to be as objective as possible when deciding these votes. That was NOT easy. I was constantly asking myself is this "my" favorite or I have removed my personal preferences from my vote. This turned out to be quite a battle in my head.
    Out of 14 awards Stern took home 5, JJP 6, Spooky 2, and Multimorphic 1. I absolutely respect Stern for what they have done for this hobby but I feel 5/14 is far from being shunned.
    -Best Art BG/Cab - TMNT - This was super easy for me to vote for with AIQ being my #2
    -Best Art Playfield - TMNT - Once again that was my votes with AIQ being my #2
    -Best Playfield Layout - AIQ - This was also my vote. Anyone that has shot AIQ knows Keith is brilliant.
    -Best Rules - AIQ - Also my vote. The rules are unbelievably complex but they are incredibly well balanced and a ton of fun.
    -Best Accessory - ST - The UV light kit is incredible. I wish it would have been stock but there isn't an accessory that adds more to a game last year than that.
    These 5 categories were a lock in my book and it looks like the rest of the group agreed.
    -Best Toys - Heist - The crane on this game is unbelievable. I think you could argue the Portal Lock/Avengers Tower are great but personally I don't think they are better that the interaction the crane in Heist has. TMNT is really neat but once again personally I find the crane offers more. (tough vote I would say)
    -Best Sound Effects - R&M - I'm sorry but neither TMNT nor AIQ are in the running here. I'm not saying they are bad but R&M is in a different league with all the different dimension sounds.
    -Best Call Outs - R&M - I would agree that TMNT has great call outs and if they used original actors maybe they would have won, but R&M did use the actual actor and recorded a ton of custom call outs for this game. AIQ is not in the running.
    -Best Lighting Effects - TMNT and AIQ have good lights, but R&M and G&R are on an entirely different level. Until Stern moves all their lights to fully RGB I think it would be very hard to vote for them in this category.
    -Best Theme Integration - This one I would actually consider TMNT in the running. Personally I voted G&R because you actually feel like you are at the concert when playing that game. Personally I think this is one of AIQ weaknesses.
    -Best Innovation - G&R won this for their new switches and hotrails. I'm sorry but TMNT uses mechs that have been used before. AIQ does have the raising portal lock which is neat but the "switchless" switches in G&R are much more innovative. Personally I would have Heist being in 2nd place before AIQ or TMNT.
    -Best Music - This is between G&R and R&M. This vote I struggled with A TON. Personally I like R&M music more but how do you ignore G&R's music being loved by millions of people all over the world. I actually don't remember which one I picked because I went back and forth so many times. I did not consider TMNT or AIQ in the running here. I do like TMNT's music but it isn't on the same level as those other two games.
    -Best Animations - This was another vote I struggles with. Personally I was between G&R and R&M. G&R has all the concert assets and graphics they use during their live show as well as some amazing 3D renderings JJP created. R&M is an animated show loved by millions of people and it is full of clips from the show. Once again I don't remember which one I voted because I was so back and forth. I like TMNT's animations but they aren't at the same level as the other two. AIQ could use some help with their animations.
    -Best in Show - G&R - THIS WAS NOT EASY TO VOTE ON. I know I can't vote what is my personal favorite game or what would be a keeper in my collection because that is not how we are supposed to judge (that would have been TMNT). I was between G&R, AIQ, and R&M. R&M is fun but brutal. Amazing music and immersion. AIQ has amazing shots and rules with countless ways to play it. It is a competition players dream. G&R is playing a concert in a box. The rules are great. The music and immersion is insane. I ended up voting for G&R because I personally think it will do more for the pinball hobby in the long run than AIQ will. This pin is being loved by high end players as well as their friends/family that just dabble in pinball. If AIQ had better sound/animations then maybe but with the rules it currently has it will never be accessible to the "beginner" crowd like G&R is. I ended up picking what I thought was the more well rounded pin. I'd consider TMNT a more complete package compared to AIQ but besides Art I think G&R does almost everything else better.
    Well if you made it this far please consider that 40 people tried their hardest to make this as objective and fair as possible. There was no hidden agenda here. It was just a group of people (that happen to be pinball media) that all took this very seriously trying to give every single one of the 8 games a chance in every category. I know I voted different in a few of the categories for the Twippy's because that was me voting for what is my favorite and not what I feel is the best in each specific category.

Fanatic!!!! From one voting member to another..... Very well said!

#261 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Judging an unfinished AIQ game was almost not fair, imo.

GNR is unfinished too.

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

GNR is unfinished too.

Come on again really? JJP games are never finished, they continue working on them forever, because of so few releases. Which is not a bad thing for consumers, but AIQ did not have some major features when the judging took place.

#263 3 years ago

Anyone judging these awards as negative to the hobby don't get it. I don't know these guys personally, but they create very valuable content that for the most part is educational and entertaining. Do they do it for money? well maybe a little, but who cares as the content is free. You don't have to agree with it, but take it as information. In regards to the awards I though it was really well done, and entertaining. Did I agree with all the winners...not really, but that doesn't matter....keep on trucking boys

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Downvoting or upvoting is nonsense actually. Discussing and respecting how others feel, should be what this forum is about.
    Nothing against GNR and don’t want to get into my dog is bigger than your dog. It’s all subjective, but both AIQ and TMNT have excellent merits, just as other companies products, but obviously were not given much credence by this small committee imo. From my point of view both those games are more fun and will last longer in a home setting. But that opinion is also subjective, but thanks for asking.

Thanks for your excellent explanation on how you voted. Much appreciated!

No problem!

I was happy to be one of the people that voted. I think people forget that there were way more than just Zach and Greg involved in this process. We all took it very seriously and tried our hardest to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Come on again really? JJP games are never finished, they continue working on them forever, because of so few releases. Which is not a bad thing for consumers, but AIQ did not have some major features when the judging took place.

"but AIQ did not have some major features when the judging took place". The features that were missing were wizard modes, which is code, which AIQ won even without them. They aren't going to add anything else physical to the game so the only categories AIQ could win if they added more/finished would be music, callouts, or lighting. I really don't think Stern can compete in lighting until they change everything to full RGB. Music and callouts would pretty much have to be overhauled to beat G&R or R&M. Once again just my opinion.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok let's reign it in a bit

Yes indeed - it's all about the end game here which is to promote the business as a distributor. You need to call a spade a spade sometimes instead of hiding behind "look what I do for the love of pinball"

Almost sounds like one of these over paid bums in professional sports - you know the ones that say "I do it for the game" but live large and cash a big paycheck

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes indeed - it's all about the end game here which is to promote the business as a distributor. You need to call a spade a spade sometimes instead of hiding behind "look what I do for the love of pinball"
    Almost sounds like one of these over paid bums in professional sports - you know the ones that say "I do it for the game" but live large and cash a big paycheck

Sure theres a direct or indirect benefit to his business, but who cares? They create quality content thats educational and entertaining. You don't have agree, hell u don't have to watch.....

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Allot of guys are distributors because they do in fact love pinball.

Whats wrong with people choosing to work with something they love??

Got news for you... its not the highest margin greatest biz on the planet to begin with.

You have to love it to do it and put up with you whiny ass lot and your playfield dimpling and 100 other complaints about everything.

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Is that a fault of the Judges?

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Sure theres a direct or indirect benefit to his business, but who cares? They create quality content thats educational and entertaining. You don't have agree, hell u don't have to watch.....

Nobody is saying that the content is not good- except for the damn goats and the singing

It's just an observation that the whole thing is clever marketing to enhance the profit margin and make bank

#271 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Nobody is saying that the content is not good- except for the damn goats and the singing
    It's just an observation that the whole thing is clever marketing to enhance the profit margin and make bank

I’d love to hear how this awards show has anything to do with his distributor business. I don’t remember it being mentioned once. If it was a new person to pinball watching, how would they know he was a distributor?

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

I guess my question is who cares? All these guys/gals volunteered their time to create an entertaining show....none of us need to like the results, but its hard to deny the entertainment value. If this helps put a few bucks in their pockets, and in return we get good content than I'm all for it....

#273 3 years ago

Colorado pinball was robbed!

Jk! Was an honor to be nominated.

Carry on.

Edit: Karl is the man

#274 3 years ago

Getting a trophy in life is everything. I need a trophy to exist. Without this validation, my pinball machines I personally like and bought are nothing

1035B1B2-5FF6-42B6-9DD9-B5510246C713.gif1035B1B2-5FF6-42B6-9DD9-B5510246C713.gif
    #275 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d love to hear how this awards show has anything to do with his distributor business. I don’t remember it being mentioned once. If it was a new person to pinball watching, how would they know he was a distributor?

Well he did give himself an award for being a shill so I think that's a good connection, besides which the whole thing was sponsored by FnO - clever marketing - BUY BUY BUY

#276 3 years ago

Zach didn’t win an award for anything.

You’re right. Flip n out was a sponsor. So was the trophy company that made the trophies.

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Well he did give himself an award for being a shill so I think that's a good connection, besides which the whole thing was sponsored by FnO - clever marketing - BUY BUY BUY

Ultimately ZPin I think everyone understands where you are coming from. And yes, I placed my business' logo at the beginning and end of the ceremony because the business truly sponsored this event. I'm sure Trophy Depot would not mind if someone buying a trophy for their next event was like, hey, I liked that Pinball Award show thingy, I'll give them a try. If you scroll up to the top of this Pinside website youll see the same thing, sponsors. Click on the tv, sponsors.

I can say that placing Flip N Out Pinball at the beginning and end wasn't some genius ploy to brainwash people into buying a pinball machine though. I dont need to defend this either because it's rather silly, but as my buddy Dennis Kriesel always reminds me, its about the data and the numbers. The data does not suggest, or has not yet, that anyone has called me since the event to place an order and said The Industry Awards sold me on this purchase. The other data indicates that Greg and I started producing and creating Awards prior to my ownership of Flip N Out Pinball, thus conflicting with the original suggestion of creation merely to make money. The last data point I'd ask you to consider is the cost of this event. Where does that money come from? I'd be more than happy to send you the bills if youd like to reimburse me and will gladly edit out the Flip N Out Pinball logo, hell I'll put a picture of you up in it's place.

The point is, that it's actually conceivable that less than 100% (as you are claiming) intention on the creation of The Pinball Industry Awards was done so without an attempt to make money. No evidence supports your claim. The TPN Team created this as a way to acknowledge the people we as media respect in the industry for their efforts in 2020....and yeah, maybe even have a little feeling of fun, teamwork, and accomplishment in the process. I'm not always the smartest businessperson, but at least I know that the time and money spent on this would have been much better allotted to actual sponsorship/advertising efforts for my business.

That's the last I will comment on the sponsors of The Pinball Industry Awards and I do very much appreciate your concern, although objectively proven false.

*Disclaimer: My mentioning of Flip N Out Pinball, LLC above was not an attempt to subliminally make you want to purchase a pinball product from us, but....BUY BUY BUY!!!!

#278 3 years ago

You tricked everyone by sponsoring your own award show

B4B55E58-6326-402C-9249-D58B0DFC10EB.gifB4B55E58-6326-402C-9249-D58B0DFC10EB.gif
    #279 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You tricked everyone by sponsoring your own award show
    [quoted image]

I actually heard that skit in my mind watching that gif haha

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Subliminal advertising- slow it down to 1/10th and play it backwards. Very clever stuff.

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I actually heard that skit in my mind watching that gif haha

...YOU LIED TO ME!

#282 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370: It's just an observation that the whole thing is clever marketing to enhance the profit margin and make bank

Hopefully it works. Good for Zach, good for pinball, good for me and good for you! Win, win, win, win?!

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from Willys45:

Hopefully it works. Good for Zach, good for pinball, good for me and good for you! Win, win, win, win?!

Hell yes Zach don’t listen to these jive turkeys!

#284 3 years ago

Neither Uncle Pinball nor Macho won best podcast.
    That's the real injustice here.

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Neither Uncle Pinball nor Macho won best podcast.
    That's the real injustice here.

MACHO IS THE ULTIMATE...DON’T NEED NO AWARD TO KNOW I’M THE TOP CHOICE STEAK. MACHO BRAVO ON THE SHOW. PINBALL NEEDS MORE FUN, BABY!

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from MachoPinball:

PINBALL NEEDS MORE FUN, BABY!

NO DOUBT RAINBOW TROUT

#287 3 years ago

Zach a big thanks to you and Greg for all the work you put into the awards show, in all seriousness.

But I also want to thank you both for the pinball laugh of the year when you said, “it is like these two titans: JJP and Stern battling it out, we can’t wait to see the results”. Looooooool Two titans??? JJP can barely manufacture 45 games a week, of one title in nearly 3 years and you call them a titan? JJP is a tiny company. No knock for that at all, but let’s look at reality. Six titles in nearly 12 years of being in business is not anywhere close to being even a tiny titan. Spooky has done that in much less time, so by your definition, Spooky a 19 man crew is a titan too (Your extreme JJP bias is showing)? Stern puts out 75 games a day, of many sku’s each year. They are the only ones that can be classified as a titan in the world of pinball.

I do hope some day in the future, JJP will challenge Stern, but that seems nearly impossible at their very high retail price points. Even though they do put a little more into their machines. But they certainly don’t put $3,000 to $5,000.00 more over what Stern charges into their BOM, not even remotely close.

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Zach a big thanks to you and Greg for all the work you put into the awards show, in all seriousness.
    But I also want to thank you both for the pinball laugh of the year when you said, “it is like these two titans: JJP and Stern battling it out, we can’t wait to see the results”. Looooooool Two titans??? JJP can barely manufacture 45 games a week, of one title in nearly 3 years and you call them a titan? JJP is a tiny company. No knock for that at all, but let’s look at reality. Six titles in nearly 12 years of being in business is not anywhere close to being even a tiny titan. Spooky has done that in much less time, so by your definition, Spooky a 19 man crew is a titan too (Your extreme JJP bias is showing)? Stern puts out 75 games a day, of many sku’s each year. They are the only ones that can be classified as a titan in the world of pinball.
    I do hope some day in the future, JJP will challenge Stern, but that seems nearly impossible at their very high retail price points. Even though they do put a little more into their machines. But they certainly don’t put $3,000 to $5,000.00 more over what Stern charges into their BOM, not even remotely close.

Now that’s a good discussion topic. I wouldn’t argue with your stance that Stern is in a league of their own regarding manufacturing and quantity production. If there was an award for best overall manufacturing process, Stern would take home crystal every year. But....now this is a significant But....if we as a group here (including yourself) are recognizing aspects such as art, design, geometry, coding, sound, etc., then the end products both stand tall for one hell of a Showdown, titans if you will.

Now I do think a recognition of manufacturing is interesting to think about, and worthy. I think we can both agree on that maybe being overlooked in any pinball awards.

This is fun chat thank you Thunderbird

#289 3 years ago

The tone in this thread suggest y'all've been cooped up for the better part of a year.

The tone also suggests that with the presidential race over with, you also need something else to argue with people about.

#290 3 years ago

I'd like to remind people that I took a role in the Pinball Industry Awards show Governing Committee to give myself an award NOT make sales for Flip N Out Pinball...

That said, bless your heart everyone for protecting those who are so easily brainwashed by a logo, that Zach can trick them into buying a pin from him. You're doing a service to the community.

#291 3 years ago

Thank you for the entertaining show. I like hearing from a panel and also voters choice. Variety is the spice of life. Fun to watch and root for your game. It’s all in fun. I don’t understand why viewers take award shows to serious and take it personal. It’s just an excuse to gather around and celebrate this years accomplishments. It was entertaining and looking forward to many more. Great job to all those involved and great to see Heist being represented and Spooky. Would love to see more pinball companies represented in the future, but that’s ultimately up to companies to put out products. The sense I get from some of these posts is that there is only one pinball company and the others aren’t worthy. Variety is always welcomed in this household.

#292 3 years ago

Hey Folks!

thepinballindustryawards.com has been updated with all the Category (Best of) Award winners, the Excellence Award Recipients and the Pinball Machine Hall of Fame winners.

There are links to the content providers' Twitch Streams, Podcasts or Website so please drop on over and give them a follow or a thumbs up!

George is working on a fancy Data based extension for the website which will feature the Category Judges' vote break downs, anonymous of course.

Also, if you'd like to see the Meeting Minutes from the Excellence Awards video meeting they are here: http://thepinballindustryawards.com/assets/docs/PIA_Excellence_Awards_Panel_Meeting_Minutes.pdf

#293 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Allright here goes,
    Shouldnt even bother but....
    To prayse and better this nerdy hobby, this is something from the people for the people, from pinball lovers for pinball lovers.
    Specialy during this crazy times you should appreciate that you can sit on your lazy ass and watch that stuff for free.
    You dont always have to agree or disagree just enjoy.
    SDTM team thanks for all your efforts!

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I do hope some day in the future, JJP will challenge Stern, but that seems nearly impossible at the very high retail price points. Even though they do put a little more into their machines. But they certainly don’t put $3,000 to $5,000.00 more over what Stern charges into their BOM, not even remotely close.

I do hope someday in the future JJP
    will challenge Stern.hahahaha

#294 3 years ago

If I had to add one thing I’d like to see in this (or any) Pinball award show is a lifetime achievement award. We are now hitting the era where these few pinball icons might not be around. Giving accolades posthumously is just not the right way. I was thinking specifically of somebody like Chris Granner who for me is the John Williams of Pinball. The first machine I heard him create music for was Pinbot. It brought that game to life and wouldn’t have been half the game without it. He went on to do the funky keys in Funhouse, TZ, Whitewater, etc - you know the rest. Incredible body of work - not a single lifetime achievement award. This is like the Grammys missing Jimmy Hendrix. So can we make this happen ZMeny ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Granner

There are a select set of others I’m sure that are worthy. These guys made the industry possible. This is my 2 cents, worth half a penny

#295 3 years ago

The Pinball Expo Hall of Fame is more akin to a lifetime achievement award.

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If I had to add one thing I’d like to see in this (or any) Pinball award show is a lifetime achievement award. We are now hitting the era where these few pinball icons might not be around. Giving accolades posthumously is just not the right way. I was thinking specifically of somebody like Chris Granner who for me is the John Williams of Pinball. The first machine I heard him create music for was Pinbot. It brought that game to life and wouldn’t have been half the game without it. He went on to do the funky keys in Funhouse, TZ, Whitewater, etc - you know the rest. Incredible body of work - not a single lifetime achievement award. This is like the Grammys missing Jimmy Hendrix. So can we make this happen zmeny ?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Granner
    There are a select set of others I’m sure that are worthy. These guys made the industry possible. This is my 2 cents, worth half a penny

It was our full intention to have a Lifetime Achievement Award and an award to celebrate Homebrew as well as a few others but we decided that time would not allow us to create these with the quality and focus they deserved for year 1. Very likely will happen next year.

#297 3 years ago

Chris Granner, Chris Granner, Chris Granner...

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

That's been the game all along since becoming a distributor and making a living off of pinball. As said before many times it's all CLEVER MARKETING THRU SOCIAL MEDIA to advance sales and make $$$$. Nothing wrong with this, but you have to see that for what it is - a $$$ making venture. Don't be a lemming who blindly listens, watch's and follows the hype train of BUY BUY BUY

Bingo!

I truly don’t know why he denies it so much. His credibility takes such a hit. Just admit it and move on.

Self appointed experts of pinball though - haha now that is grand. Icing on the cake. How they couldn’t see that as possibly being viewed as incredibly conceited is scary. Time to lay down on that couch and self diagnose.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Time to lay down on that couch and self diagnose.

If I cared this much about something so pointless Id probably do the same.

10 months later
    #300 2 years ago

Hi Pinball Fans!

The Pinball Network and the PIA Committee is super excited to present the 2021 Pinball Industry Awards! The Crystals are making a return! This year, we've made some changes to the format an we can’t wait to honor those working in the Pinball Industry and the Hobbyist Personalities who do so much to entertain us.

More Judges for 2021!

This year we’re opening the judging pool to additional Pinball Hobbyist Personalities to give even more people the opportunity to be a judge! Pinball Social Media Providers, Tournament Organizers and Top 50 IFPA Ranked (Over-all and woman) join Pinball Podcasters, Streamers, Video Content Creators and Writers as eligible judges!

These Judges will vote in the Category Awards they will be able to use their objective expert voice to vote for game ‘Best Of’ Categories; all the way up to the prestigious ‘Game of the Year’.

Judging Applications will be posted on December 20th! Keep your eyes out!

The Excellence Awards Return... with a Twist!

We’ve heard your requests! The PIA Judges will now vote, via write-in, for the Excellence Awards. These awards are presented to the pinball hobby’s best media personalities by their peers! If a judge would not like to vote in the Excellence Awards, they can decline to vote in this section.
    Whether it's Excellence in Pinball Podcasting, Excellence in Pinball Streaming, or the new Excellence in Pinball Social Media award, we aim to place a spotlight on those who create content in our crazy hobby.

A New Award for 2021!

The PIA Committee has also added a new award to be chosen by the PIA Judges via write-in. We’re so happy to add the Harry Williams Pinball Legacy Award. The Harry Williams Legacy Award is awarded to an individual in recognition of their designs, programming, innovations, business acumen, or industry leadership. This individual, who over a period of years has made a substantial and lasting contribution to the industry of pinball.

Wait There’s More!

The Pinball Machine Hall of Fame will return in 2021 where everyone can vote for their favourite pinball machine to be inducted into the Class of 2021 Pinball Machine Hall of Fame!

Lastly, The Pinball Network and the PIA Committee would like to thank our 2021 Sponsor, Flip N Out Pinball LLC. There is a significant cost to our secure balloting systems, Crystal Awards and website; and without the financial support of Nicole and @zmeny, the PIAs would not happen. Thank you for everything your do, Nicole and Zach.

Here’s to the 2021 Awards and we’re looking forward to honor those in pinball this January!

Best Wishes,

The PIA Committee
    Rebecca Salam, George Fisher, David Dennis, Amanda Hamilton, Dennis Kriesel and Mike Casselman

There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-industry-awards/page/6?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.