Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by PinB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0626.jpg
    2012-03-29_16.53.07.jpg
    #2 12 years ago

Just got mine also, great book
    Even has a section on JJP & WOZ

#3 12 years ago

Don't think in stock. I ordered mine 2 days ago and says 4-6 weeks for delivery

#4 12 years ago

I got a copy of the first version in late 2010. I didn't realize it was being updated until last week. Almost makes me want to buy the new edition and sell my old one.

I'm curious if they've corrected errors. For example, the entry for The Shadow has a picture of Johnny Mnemonic for the playfield.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I got a copy of the first version in late 2010. I didn't realize it was being updated until last week. Almost makes me want to buy the new edition and sell my old one.
    I'm curious if they've corrected errors. For example, the entry for The Shadow has a picture of Johnny Mnemonic for the playfield.

What page? I will check for you

#6 12 years ago

Didn't know this existed. Just ordered one.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

the entry for The Shadow has a picture of Johnny Mnemonic for the playfield.

They fixed it. Great book.

#8 12 years ago

I just ordered one. Let's hope i get it this time!

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

They fixed it. Great book.

Awesome. That means they took the time to at least go through some of the old content and address issues.

Is the TAF on the cover still filthy?

#10 12 years ago

hmmm birthday is coming up...

#11 12 years ago

Omg, thank you for posting , I have been trying to buy the original printing the past 18 months, I can't tell u how many times companies would say that they had it and then 2 days later I would get the "sorry we could not fulfill your order". This is going to be a nice summer read, nice work posting , I had just about given up on ever getting a copy

#12 12 years ago

Thanks for posting I will have to check it out.

#13 12 years ago

I have Version 1, but at least most of the errors were fixed.

1 week later
    #14 12 years ago

I got mine in the mail today! What a great book. I must get the 70's version too.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Is the TAF on the cover still filthy? []

Yeah, and it has mismatched flippers. Pretty surprising since you can find countless photos of that playfield online.

#16 12 years ago

Wow, it seems like everyone got their copy today! (Mine showed up as well...)
    I had the old one (darker blue cover), but gave it to my friend after hearing the 2nd edition was coming out.
    Good stuff!

IMG_0626.jpgIMG_0626.jpg

#17 12 years ago

I ordered mine from Amazon UK and got it a couple of weeks ago - a truly great book!! Enjoy!

#18 12 years ago

Thanks for posting.definitely gotta have one!Scott

#19 12 years ago

Still see the mismatched flippers. I am not making fun because I have a machine like that as well.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Still see the mismatched flippers.

I have a later-printed Version 1 and has the matching yellow flippers. Anyone have the book like that?

#21 12 years ago

I am so glad I finally received the 1982-present but I do think this book was just kind of patched together like an 8th grade yearbook. The other version 1970-1982 is more professional looking to me. And does anyone know what is up with the prices? Did they use a random number generator to determine that?

#22 12 years ago

I got mine a couple weeks ago.

The binding on mine is sketchy. Anyone else's?

I hope it lasts!

#23 12 years ago

Mines top quality. Getem while you can. Books are going away thanks to ipad. Its up to date. But no Acdc. Love how its in chronological order.

#24 12 years ago

Cool, I never heard of this book before. Thanks for the heads up. Only 8 left in-stock!

Quoted from absocountry2:

I am not making fun because I have a machine like that as well.

Haha, me too, but only because the original owner tried to GLUE the right flipper bat back together instead of simply replacing it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-compendium-1982-present-version-2-in-stock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.