(Topic ID: 285918)

The pinball company: is this guy serious?

By Doctor6

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ahhh yea.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

So I've been on the hunt for another machine or two, and I stumbled upon the pinball company. Their prices are bat shit insane. How does this guy stay in business? Like he is selling a monster bash classic for 9000. What is going on?!

Not sure what’s going on with them, the outrageousness you refer to has been going on a few years.

I bought a NIB Met Prem from them in ‘16, and the experience was faultless; there was a shipping snafu that was no fault of theirs, but they (Brooke) handled it and refunded my shipping charge plus a little more for my trouble. At that time, the prices on their web site were completely reasonable and consistent with pricing at other well-regarded distros.

Unfortunately I think something has changed in the past couple of years. During this time, their pricing has rapidly gotten wacky, and I have seen several instances where they jack up the price of a given title by $500-1000 over the course of just a day or two; one specific example I recall is a BK2K that I initially saw priced at $3999 (a bit expensive, but not ridiculous) which escalated to $5999 (bats**t insane) in increments of $500 over the course of just a couple of months!

Sadly, they also may have declined in terms of service as well. I called them in ‘19 to inquire about a BKSOR prem and the owner was extremely abrasive (borderline rude), impatient, and clearly in no mood to answer any questions. I was simply asking for any tips he knew of regarding known out of the box issues I’d need to watch for, and his overall attitude was one of “I don’t have time for this s**t”; it was truly a complete “180” from the treatment I received when buying Met, and really took me aback. Needless to say, I ended up buying from a different distro (Hemispheres, strongly recommended).

And yes, no connection to Automated/pinballs.com in CT (another excellent distro, BTW).

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

All of the brick and mortar distributors advertise high retail pricing, so I feel it is part of the business model.
    I was given attitude by Brook once and that is all it took for me
    Michael is a great guy-please do not confuse these companies!

It’s true that B&M distros typically advertise prices on the high side, but Pinball Co. seems way out of proportion compared to most others.

So you got attitude too, but from Brooke rather than Nic? (Brooke was fantastic to me when I had problems with Met shipping.) No point speculating on specifics, but clearly something has changed over the past few years.

And yes, Mike at Automated is super excellent (and stable)!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-company-is-this-guy-serious?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.