Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150906_140506.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130922_144233_zpscc6f805e.jpg
    kids2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

(DISCLAIMER: I am not a parent. This is going to need some revising. Just something I whipped up after years of observations).

Thou shall have clean hands before playing pinball
    Thou shall not wipe thine hands/eyes/mouth/nose/ass crack before or during playing
    Thou shall not cymbal monkey(rapidly tap) the flipper buttons
    Thou shall finish the game that is thus started
    Thou shall hit the start button for the correct number of players playing, no more, no less
    Thou shall not pull the plunger out like it’s the sword of Exclaibur
    Thou shall not stand in front of a pin unless they are playing it
    Thou shall not stand near the outlanes with your head hovering over the playfield while someone else is playing
    Thou shall not place thine beverage or food on the playfield glass.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atreyu:

I think that the OP was partially talking about routed games. I run tournaments in my local arcade (Another Castle in Edmonds, WA if you guys want to come!) and it can be pretty annoying if your little 5 year old opponent is leaning over the outlanes trying to see what you are doing and blocking your view. Also, the player count issue happens more often with them than it does adults in my experience. To be fair, not all of the kids do this, and the ones who have have been told once to stop what they are doing and they have stopped.

I was. It was from observations at some larger private parties, but mostly on route. I wasn't trying to out-grump anyone in the childfree department. Several months ago, girlfriend's birthday party(at Blainbrook) involved us playing lotsa pinball machines, that were near redemption machines. She got pinkeye shortly after. Then memories of kids wiping various parts of them when ball 2 or 3 came up during a game. Yuck. I'm a bit of a germophobe, and definitely wash my hands after using the gas pump, and yet I still play pinball.

But yes, have fun.

But it seems like the ones roughest on the machines are not kids, but top 50 IFPA-ranked players.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-commandments-for-kids?tu=s1500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.