(Topic ID: 110669)

The Pinball Arcade - Now Available on Xbox One!

By rockotaco1

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 3rdaxis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pennyarcadegrammar.jpg
    pinball arcade.png
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

#2 4 years ago

How's about some love and respect being shown for the T2 making the focal point of the cover of the box!!!

#3 4 years ago

It's so new that I was able to post the number one score for Monster Bash! Woo hoo!

image.jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Is it using real-time lighting? I wonder.

#5 4 years ago

It looks top notch on the X1. You guys better get crackin, I just posted another number one score on BSD!

image.jpg
    #6 4 years ago

This game is GREAT!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How's about some love and respect being shown for the T2 making the focal point of the cover of the box!!!

There's a box?

#8 4 years ago

What about the xbox 360? did they ever get around to doing that???

#9 4 years ago

Do I have to buy the tables all over again if I own them on Android?

#10 4 years ago

pinball arcade.png

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

o I have to buy the tables all over again if I own them on Android?

I'd love to know this as well. I have a blast playing these on my Android smart phone. I'd love to try them on my son's X-Box 1.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'd love to know this as well. I have a blast playing these on my Android smart phone. I'd love to try them on my son's X-Box 1.

Having the full collection on iPad, PS3, XBOX 360 (as full as it could get) and through Steam for my MAME cabinet, I can safely guess that yes, you will have to pay for everything all over again.

Quoted from j_m_:

pinball arcade.png 126 KB

That's using the term box rather loosely. I doubt there will be a physical box or even DVD case.

That being said, I know what I am doing when I get home from my early snow day today! Can't wait to see the better graphics.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

That's using the term box rather loosely. I doubt there will be a physical box or even DVD case.

my guess is that the game is available DL only currently. but like the ps4, we'll probably see a retail store version appear shortly (hopefully with seasons 1 & 2 or all 3)

1 week later
    #14 4 years ago

Still new - I got #1 score on Whodunnit: 7,604,882,030

#15 4 years ago

Does this come with any tables off the bat? How many are available right now?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does this come with any tables off the bat? How many are available right now?

TOTAN is free.
    New dynamic lighting is amazing.

Although I think it's time for a new UI.
    Menu system is terribly ugly, and the startup song that plays couldn't have a lower sample rate.
    It sounds like it is being played by an old radio and listened to via a tin can.

Also, no option to change controls.
    We should be able to use LB/RB for flippers, not just triggers.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

TOTAN is free.
    Menu system is terribly ugly, and the startup song that plays couldn't have a lower sample rate.
    It sounds like it is being played by an old radio and listened to via a tin can.

Yeah I agree. I feel like the triggers have a lag since they aren't buttons

#18 4 years ago

I like these tables but the they don't play as well as the Pinball FX2 tables. Seems to have lag at the flippers and the physics just aren't as smooth. If any of you haven't tried the FX2 tables you are missing out. Vader in particular is amazing.

#19 4 years ago

as moving pictures has stated, no option to change the controller to use the bumpers instead of the triggers. still the same crappy 4 locked and 4 floating playfield views. seriously!?!?

lag is pretty bad on the flippers (just like the 360 was when using the triggers vs. the shoulder bumpers)

they spent the money to re-write the program for both the ps4 and xbox one, during that rewrite you would think that they could give us something to use the thumb sticks to control the pitch of the viewpoint and the distance and then save that. also, when changing the views, there's no indication of whether the view is locked or floating.

the call outs on ToTAN are pretty sad too. not the quality, just more programming bugs.

for example, when playing more than a one player game and switching between players, the game will call out "player x is up" (player no. who's turn just ended), cut it off the sound byte at the end, and then announce again with the correct player no.

I think I'll wait until they address some of these issues before I give farsight any more of my money.

#20 4 years ago

Lag is definitely an issue with the triggers. Though over time you somewhat get accustomed to the timing, it still doesn't feel right. Given that flipper response time is the most important aspect of the game, I won't be buying any tables unless they provide a remapping option to the bumpers. The dark lighting option on TOTAN looks great.

I'll be playing geometry wars 3 instead. THAT game is lights out!

#21 4 years ago

Looks like I'll be waiting until the controls are fixed.

#22 4 years ago

Some of you may be experiencing lag problems because of settings on your TV. I was playing at my folks house last week and they have a sophisticated Audio/Video setup. Had to tweak the settings on it and boom, lag was gone. Most TVs have a game mode....try switching to that.

#23 4 years ago

Well I don't have lag with any other game on my XB1. Had the same lag issues with PBA on 360.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

Well I don't have lag with any other game on my XB1. Had the same lag issues with PBA on 360.

Agreed.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

TOTAN is free.

I'de like to be able to switch player 1 and 2 with 2 controllers for me and my wife instead of having to pass controller 1 back and forth. It will let you select a game with either controller, but once the game is loaded, only the controller that selected the game will work.

I've noticed playing with lag in the flippers actually makes me better on the real machines. You really have to anticipate what the ball is going to do ahead of time and the lag makes you even better at it. Granted, that's just a silver lining in an otherwise crappy effect.

#26 4 years ago

So apparently Farsight has been delaying releases for the PS4 because they were bought off by Microsoft to ensure their software would release on Xbox1 first?!?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I like these tables but the they don't play as well as the Pinball FX2 tables. Seems to have lag at the flippers and the physics just aren't as smooth. If any of you haven't tried the FX2 tables you are missing out. Vader in particular is amazing.

Love love LOVE The Sorcerer's Lair on FX2.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Love love LOVE The Sorcerer's Lair on FX2.

I just downloaded their South Park tables and wow! Its one of my favorites already! These tables look amazing in 3d and the South park table are packed full of features. Farsight can take as long as they want because i see them falling behind big time after this experience.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

So apparently Farsight has been delaying releases for the PS4 because they were bought off by Microsoft to ensure their software would release on Xbox1 first?!? IS THIS TRUE Farsight?!? This is just a rumor i have heard and have yet been able to confirm it but it wouldn't surprise me

There is nothing new about this. Both console companies make timed-exclusive deals with game developers all the time.

#30 4 years ago

I'll find out more when the information presents itself. In the meantime i am more then happy with Zen pinball..

#31 4 years ago

This will push me even closer to buying an X-Bone.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3rdaxis:

...I have patiently been waiting for new releases on the PS4 from this developer but my patients is wearing thin.

I didn't know that you were a doctor. that's pretty cool, but I really didn't need to know that you wore your patients around like winter coats

pennyarcadegrammar.jpg

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I didn't know that you were a doctor.

No and sorry for my horrible grammar Its just frustrating being teased with little drabs and dribbles only to find out its been ready this whole time you know. Now i hear Microsoft fined them $30,000 because then had to send it back for bugs?! That's harsh.

#34 4 years ago

I had no idea that they had to send it back [again] for re-certification. I did like the new dynamic lighting effects in ps4 version, but they really need to go back and tighten up their code.

one of the things about pinball that makes it enjoyable is that it's fluid and unpredictable. no matter how you play the game, every shot that you make isn't exactly the same as when you took it prior (same power, same trajectory, same result). that's another thing about the pinball arcade that really bothers me. because it that, I end up using their product more as a tool (than a game) to learn the rule sets of games and then go and enjoy playing [real] tables.

#35 4 years ago

Thats why i purposely put random code on my tables to recreate the chaotic nature of real machines. Nothing is that perfect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 10.95
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside