• Latest reply 8 years ago by mot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

El_Doradr_(resized).jpg
Tables_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Yup, just came out last night!

FYI, Fireball isn't just "EM-like," it IS an EM!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Not to be an old fuddy-duddy or "purist" but I think some of their tables look terrible.
The table graphics on the vast majority of PC and cell phone games are too cluttered for a 2D application. Here's a side by side comparison of the two El Dorado's. One is pinball Arcade and the original:
Tables_(resized).png
I personally find the ball is sometimes hard to track as it travels over an overly complicated artwork among flashing indicators. It's not a problem on a real game but is problematic in 2D. Much better to keep it simple.
There is more to a classic EM than only device placement (bumpers, flippers etc) but it's the artwork that forms a good part of the game's personality. Some of the best 2D EM tables I've played are user-created such as Future Pinball. MS Pinball arcade remains my all-time favorite despite the limited tables because they look reasonably original.
With that said, I have purchased a couple Pinball Arcade's tables (Gorgar etc) and other author's work simply because I support the projects.

Both El Dorado (the EM) and El Dorado City of Gold (an actual, different game) are on Pinball Arcade. Apples and oranges.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-el-dorado?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.