(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 12 years ago

I'm finding myself liking TOTAN less and less. It seems a lot more frustrating to play on the compilation here, than the Williams Arcade one. Never once got to harem multiball in either, convincing myself it doesn't exist.

10 months later
#783 11 years ago

The sad part is, there's a dang lot of Xboxes out there. 76 million. Seventy...six..million in lost sales right now. At even $1 profit a game, wow...

1 week later
#814 11 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

On the game's dedicated forum, one of the members who appears to have some inside knowledge (and has made plenty of accurate guesses before) speculated that the new, mystery publisher might be none other than Microsoft Game Studios themselves.

Well, I don't see them going out of business anytime soon. I say go for it. Microsoft's no stranger to publishing pinball table games. They had Fun House & few older tables released many moons ago. Wonder if they have some old licensing laying around(from that) that could give it a boost.

If MSGS is in, one would wonder if there would be a push to get them published in their Windows app market and push PinballFX(or is Zen the freebie w/ Windows 8?) aside.

#818 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Year long Xbox subsrciption ran out. It usually gets taken right out of my account but I got a new card.
Decided I really only play online games on the PC and maybe it's time to stop paying for xbox live.
Found out that if you don't have an Xbox live account, you can only play the demo versions of games that you've paid for and downloaded.

I have a silver account & can play my downloaded/paid for tables just fine. Are you thinking of multiplayer games?

3 weeks later
#861 11 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

"It's opposite day!

If it was opposite day, they would be publishing for Xbox. heh.

#872 11 years ago

I talked to one of the developers at Farsight, since their exhibit table was right next to my hotel room. That guy talked my ear off. I tried to talk to him about emulating more obscure tables(like the Zaccaria "Time machine" in the arcade hall), and um, well, no, it was NOT made by Williams.

#874 11 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Glad you enjoyed it! That's actually a big part of the reason why I brought it, because (nearly) no-one has ever seen one.

If I had more money than common sense, I would have a row of bizarre foreign pins in my game room: MAC Attack(dat cabinet + video screen predating WOZ), KZ-26, Robot, Farfalla and so forth. Sure, I'd have no idea nor resources to repair them, but they would be neat to have.

3 weeks later
#911 11 years ago

I like the fact ASK Homework, a company out in Europe, is now porting Zaccaria tables. Sadly, it's for iOS only. Farsight needs a bit of healthy competition, and they are doing it with lesser-known tables.

3 weeks later
#962 10 years ago

The Ouya is going to be officially released next month. At this point, as an Xbox owner, I'll pony up the $100 to play the Arcade tables now. I hope ASK Homework follows the money & releases their tables for Ouya as well.

2 weeks later
#974 10 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

That kinda stinks, I was actually going to buy a WiiU mostly for The Pinball Arcade as long as you could use the Wiimote and Nunchuck control scheme like on the Williams Hall of Fame collection on the Wii. That was my favorite control scheme on a console.

It's understandable though given the fact that the WiiU hasn't exactly been a big success so far.

EA just bowed out of the WiiU. It's a chicken and egg thing. Companies won't make games if there's no install base, but people won't buy games+consoles if there's no games to play. Someone has to take initiative.

kidpinballwizard: I see breakpoints mentioned. It looks like you have a debug/dev version of the game. heh.

Farsight, I work in software QA. Y U kno have QA? Or at least effective QA? If it means delaying things by a couple of months to have a decent product(iron out game breaker bugs), then you do it.

5 months later
#1219 10 years ago

Plays just fine on my Sony Vaio laptop. Bought season 2 pack.

1 week later
#1295 10 years ago

You see, what's great about individual packs is that if you don't like the 2 tables, you don't have to buy them. However, bitching about them on pinside is free.

8 months later
#1524 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I would be surprised if Farsight had a presence here that they made known. They would have to deal with a lot of flack, but rightfully so IMO.

And this is why Stern doesn't frequent these forums. I can't blame them.

3 years later
#2337 6 years ago

They never figured out text formatting. It looks weird across different devices.

6 months later
#2413 5 years ago

No more Bally & Williams? They aren't gonna stay in business with Gottleib & Premier games. Even porting newer Stern games isn't(IMO) gonna bring in the cash.

I thought not being able to publish on the 360 for the longest time was the company's biggest setback.

I'm betting the vpforums curmudgeons are doing a victory lap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s1500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=s1500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.