(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 12 years ago

I have a 360 but I'd rather play these on my PS3....the controller just feels better for flippin' action!

1 week later
#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I can't say I'm all that excited that there are only 4 release titles, 2 of which I don't even like...

Zen, fx2, and marvel tables all released with 4 tables....not that far of a stretch. Than you buy DLable tables....that's just the way they have doing it with video pinball these days.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Pinballerchef said:Zen, fx2, and marvel tables all released with 4 tables....not that far of a stretch. Than you buy DLable tables....that's just the way they have doing it with video pinball these days.
Yeah, I know. Some of the excitement is lost since I've been playing the same 4 tables on the iPhone for the past couple of months. Not a big deal, just wish they had a couple of others available.

I get that...I have been doing the same thing on my iPad. We can only hope they have new tables coming out sooner than later.....patience and pinball...friends forever.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I downloaded the trial on 360 tonight and gave it a whirl. Seems to play well enough to me. I'm going to hold out until I have a chance to play it on PS3 before making a purchase though. The shoulder buttons on the PS3 controller lend themselves to pinball better than the 360's IMO.

+1

#149 11 years ago

It's up on PSN now...currently DLing!

#154 11 years ago

TOM looks gorgeous on the PS3....plays great too. Having fun with it!

#157 11 years ago

I have the Williams collection on my wii and 360....but this is my first PS3 version with the REAL tables (of course I have all the zen tables). I just enjoy it on my PS3 more because the controller is more comfortable...that's just me though. I have this on my iPad as well but I am definitely loving it on my PS3 more....since its my main source for movies I have it hooked to my LED tv with surround sound...and it's a blast to play like this. The colors are vibrant...gameplay is fast and enjoyable...and it's not easy as I love a challenge. Farsight is definitely on to something here....more tables please!!!

#159 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

cireone said:Just as an FYI you can only dl games on 2 consoles now rather than 5 they made that update late last year in order to curb the rampant game sharing that was going on. The vita is not included in that count so you can actually dl it on 2 ps3 consoles and 1 vita. If I am understanding your statement correctly.
that is correct, man it looks fantastic on the vita screen best version yet!

I have been contemplating picking up a vita...I know that OLED screen is pretty darn slick! You enjoying yours besides the pinball??

#174 11 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

DCFAN said:system11 said:DCFAN said:
Is it me or do the flippers seem a tad slow to respond.
I never had that feeling on the Williams collection.
It's because they mapped them to triggers by default, which are analogue, and there's a deadzone. On the 360 version at least in the options you can switch it to shouldet buttons.
That's the least of the games problems though, the physics are just plain wrong - ruins the tables which look accurate and well lit.
How can it be fixed in PS3?
Do you mean the flipper button mappings?
If so, you go into Options and there is a setting to change it. On PS3 they have it set to the shoulder buttons which is the way I feel it should be. No change required!

Agreed! No fix required...play on kids.

#188 11 years ago
Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer Farsight Studio's reality based pins over most of the Zen pins. Also, TOTAN looks a lot better in this new collection than it did in the Williams collection for the PS3. So I don't mind they put it in.

I like this just as much as ZEN...if not better. Depends on the table. I don't think the 1/2 second flipper response thing is an issue....it's almost like that's they way they intended the game to be played...works for me. From the time you push a button to the time a flipper actually flips on a REAL table is not instantaneous either...it just happens so quickly you don't notice the delay.

1 month later
#294 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't have an iPad and even if I did, I wouldn't buy them there because the thing is just damn unwieldy to hold and play a game like that.

I whole heartedily disagree. It's pretty seamless actually...you tap left or right on the screen...shake to nudge...and watch the ball as it rolls and bounces around a gorgeous REAL WORLD pinball table! It's not unwieldy at all..well...unless you have the hands of a small dog

2 weeks later
#360 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What about for the PS3 in the USA? Is that June 26 with the VITA date?

North America = USA. Come on man.

1 month later
#468 11 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

It's really quite lame how much people complain about stupid stuff, and write things they would never dare say in person.
That's what the internet has done for us-no one needs to have any accountability anymore for what they type.
I personally think Farsight has done an amazing job, and gladly spend $5 every month on their 2 new tables. I do think the magna save buttons on BK need to be moved closer to where the flippers are though, it's impossible to touch them while playing on an ipad.

I am in agreeance! And those BK MAGNA save buttons are extra impossible to hit....makes the game annoying because you can't use them they are so far out of reach. That definitely needs a fix. Beyond that it's video pinball...and I like it for on the go fun!

1 month later
#511 11 years ago

I am sure hard core fans already know this.....but the BK/CFTBL pack are out on the PSN as of Tuesday evening.

#520 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

OH YEAH!
Edit: And fail. Farsight has server issues delivering the tables to iPhone users. Getting a "not connected to the internet" error.
Farsight can't catch a break. It think they're way over stretched. Their QA is the worst I've seen in the gaming industry in a long time.

Yeah I was happy to hear the IOS packs were out......buuuuuut I can't connect on my iPad.....and I know I am connected to the Internet...bummer!

#536 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Working for me now too.

Farsight have said its not powerful enough to run their new ROM emulation and physics engine.
It's probably also because its not possible to do DLC on Wii and The Pinball Arcade is built around monthly table updates.

That and Wii U is out in november.....might as well wait for a more powerful console to enjoy this games on the big N's new system.

1 month later
#554 11 years ago

As usual when the new tables on IOS come out you can't fully update and get the tables....even after uninstalling and installing....everything keeps shutting down and blinking off after numerous tries. I know it will get better later on but this happens with every update....very annoying when all you want to do is play the tables and give them your money.

1 month later
#679 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

This is the same for the PS Vita, which is too bad as this pinball app was one of the reasons I got the Vita (and I feel pinball plays great on the Vita).

Huh?? Every pack that is purchased on the PS3 is a cross buy and is immediately playable on the Vita....it's 100% like that on mine. Just direct connect your Vita to your PS3 and transfer the DLed tables.

I actually enjoy the ZEN tables more as they look incredibly detailed on that OLED screen.....but the PA tables are great fun too.

1 week later
#689 11 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

My pinball arcade app isn't updating to the new sttng. Is anyone getting this one there iPod yet?

Mine isn't updating to my iPad yet....I've updated the app and STTNG isn't there.

1 month later
#804 11 years ago

Man I'm glad I figured out the PS3 controller and it's triggers work and feel alot better than The 360's. That's why I went with my PS3 for all the DLable pinball love....that and it transfers straight to my VITA with cross buy.....I made a solid choice!

#823 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The real question is what comes first, the PS4 or another table for the 360?

Actually the REAL question is what's comes first...another table for the 360.....or the Xbox 720

1 month later
#927 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

It has icade support now. Time to build our custom pinball cabinets.

Please do! This app needs some kind of peripheral that the iPad sits into with buttons on the side to replicate a pinball table....but for on-the-go playability

#930 10 years ago

Yeah that. Buuuuuut it needs to be available to the masses who can't MOD there own stuff.

1 week later
#937 10 years ago

Dr. Dude and firepower pack is out now on PS3. Of course when I bought the PS3 version it's only letting me DL the vita version.....instead of both. I'm sure it's in there somewhere....guess its not 100% available yet. And they have custom balls for STTNG....kind of corny looking IMO.

#938 10 years ago

Anybody try DLing this pack yet?? The ps3 version doesn't show up and the VITA version gets DLed but when I transfer the file to my VITA....the 2 tables are nowhere to be found in PA app in game?? Something isn't working properly with this new pack.

#944 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Sony was late releasing the patch. It's up now though. Try again. I played it on the PS3, haven't tried it again on the Vita yet. Dr. Dude is a cluster. Hard to tell what is what, but the shots feel good.

Ty for the heads up! I knew something was in the wrong...all DLed and working now.

#946 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

try to play these machines on your ps3 for a couple hours, then play in real life. the lag from the ps3 games and the transistion to real life time machines messes up your actual 'real world' gameplay sooo bad!!!!!!

Haha...really now?? I Don't feel the lag one bit...and I can go from these video pinball tables to my real ones (I own 2 of them that are in the collection) without getting all "I'm sooo messed up from video pinball....I think I broke a nail" either. Come on man....is it that serious??

1 week later
#961 10 years ago

PSN updated last night....not much in the way of new DLC but PA got the newest table pack....cactus canyon and central park for the ps3/vita.

Enjoy kiddos!

2 weeks later
#965 10 years ago

I should of waited. I have a 1st gen iPad and after updating the app....i can't even open the friggin thing. FAIL.

1 month later
#1019 10 years ago

I just got the PA newsletter.....2 funny things on it. The first one is that there was not a single mention of any progress of this on the xbox360....guess they done gave up! 2nd was that they had to officially print the winners of the tournaments....and on the MOBILE side...the persons name is CRUSTY BOOGER....haha. Seeing that in print is very funny!!

Current bugs aside....the PS4 version looks to be moving along nicely....and they plan on offering discounts for the tables on the PS4 if you own the PS3 versions since its not backwards compatible. So it looks like they are shifting there focus to NEXTGEN.....good times ahead.

1 week later
#1056 10 years ago

And as an FYI......the pinbot/centaur pack has been up on the PSN as of wednesday.

4 months later
#1278 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Anyone know if PS3 owners will be able to download already-purchased tables for free on PS4?

I read somewhere that any tables previously owned on the PS3 will be sold at a discounted price since you are a PA customer...to PS4 owners. But not for free.

6 months later
#1472 9 years ago
Quoted from PotWasher:

Why are PS3 tables so muddy and dark? Why can't I shake the controller?

If they are so dark on the PS3 take off your sunglasses indoors than! And go ahead...shake the controller....just don't hit yourself in the head anymore....it's affecting your judgment

5 months later
#1647 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Its too funny because now i have been playing it seeing if i notice the one or two small things i did and or added to the real game that weren't necessarily part of the original game.

It's even more funny bc you have applied with them for a job at there company...haha!! Small world sometimes eh

#1659 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Got a new iPad, now my tables restored weird. I've bought every table they have, some show as purchased in the app labeled "free" and some show in the non free one.
I'm already pissy from losing all of my hall of fame points due to their sloppy code, now I have to contact them again to get this resolved.
They also used to do seasons by year, so I just bought the seasons for convenience. Now they decide to start season 4 early? Then they also release the ghostbusters table outside of pinball arcade, even though it clearly uses the engine, presumably just to extract even more money.
They can lick my hairy ass.

My tables are this way on my iPad air as well. All my season 1 tables are in the season 1 section to purchase but are fully playable....but not in the "my tables" section where they should be. It's annoying but I jusy say "ah well". It feels like work to complain and worry about it. This seems to happen everytime Apple updates there IOS until they fix things...which just happened recently.

1 year later
#2098 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Anyone have this for the WiiU yet?
(The WiiU is a bitchin' system. Don't hate, appreciate)

Agreed. Love me some WiiU. I haven't DLed it yet.....I'm hoping the DMD is on the big game pad but I doubt it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=pinballerchef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.