(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#774 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I finished 30th in the latest tourney. It says I'm supposed to be awarded an eyeball ball or something? Anyone get that to work? Do i need to update or download it? Do they send an email?
Whats the deal?

3rd place here i wonder how/when we'll receive our reward...

after the tournament ended, i upgraded my iPad 2 from version 5 to 6.1, and i was instantly struck by the fact that almost all the machines are noticeably slower. i'd heard reports of stuttering, but really the game itself is slower, not just the framerate. in fact, it makes things a bit easier. so weird.

this is still a great, great game, though.

2 weeks later
#828 11 years ago

the xbox360 original design is a total peice of garbage. i would have given up on it even for free -- simply not worth the headache and annoyance.

3 weeks later
#867 11 years ago

i would pay extra for some outlane extenders on STTNG! haha

2 weeks later
#908 11 years ago

two stone cold classics! cant wait!

1 week later
#935 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

No. There is no way to change the lighting currently. The PS3 and 360 versions are generally done with lower ambient lighting while iOS and the rest are brightly lit.

yep. sorry, the iPad just does not have the graphics processing power of the ps3 / xbox360, and dynamic lighting in TPA is unfortunately a casualty of that. it does make AFM's Strobe Multiball a bit pointless! the STTNG Borg attack is a bit underwhelming as well.

other than that, the tables do look and play really well on the iPad, though.

1 week later
#948 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

try to play these machines on your ps3 for a couple hours, then play in real life. the lag from the ps3 games and the transistion to real life time machines messes up your actual 'real world' gameplay sooo bad!!!!!!

sounds like your tv's got some lag. if it has a "games" setting you might try that, or try turning off any smoothing, noise reduction, or picture enhancement features.

i had really bad lag on my TV until i did this.

#953 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

whats a non-crt tv? I have a 7 yr old lcd sony bravia. are these setting in the game? or in the tv?

the tv itself. if it has any "features" like quad-pixel, tru-motion, noise reduction, smoothing or anything at all with a fancy name that sounds like it was probably advertised on the outside of the box, turn it off. enhanced-anything, tru-anything, ultra-anything -- turn it off, it's probably introducing lag.

3 weeks later
#983 10 years ago

Man, Centaur is friggin gorgeous and i love the gameplay! i want one!

Pin*Bot is ..... well, Pin*Bot. If you love left outlane drains, you will love this table

the IOS issues are resolved now, by the way, and as far as i know were mainly a problem for people who hadn't upgraded to 6.1.x.

#990 10 years ago

it is a crime, nay a FEDERAL OFFENSE that Mousin' Around is currently in last place

edit: i mean yeah there's some stiff competition, but cmon. Congo? Flintstones? bleah.

1 month later
#1027 10 years ago

Champion Pub is great! Whirlwind's sounds are a bit off, but otherwise it's alright.

Best iPad game ever by far, and the amount of enjoyment I get from each table is absurd compared to the price, which is cheaper than one lunch at mcdonalds.

#1031 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I love Goin' Nuts! Constant timed multiball. What's not to like? (besides the hokey theme)

ehhh, I dunno. granted, I've only played it virtually on the Gottlieb PHOF, but once i got decent at it, I could play the thing essentially forever on a single credit. on top of that, there is literally nothing to do on that table besides hitting drop targets. it's certainly unique in design, but there's just nothing there to hold anyone's interest beyond a couple of plays. the novelty wears off FAST.

#1032 10 years ago

it's as if someone asked an 8 year old what they liked and disliked about pinball -- "I hate outlanes! I like multiball!" and made the thing based on that, haha.

#1047 10 years ago

I was blown away by Centaur (on iPad). Never seen it in real life, but it's stunning and super fun, especially for its era.

1 month later
#1081 10 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Does Pinball Arcade run smoothly on all iPad versions?

it works great on my iPad2. I had no complaints until I saw screenshots of what it looks like on the latest iPads, and WOW it's a huge difference! but to your question -- it works and looks just fine on mine.

#1093 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

That said, I really wonder if these simulations will drive down demand for real pins or stimulate demand.

100% stimulate. Mine is a similar story to some other guys above -- I'd kind of forgotten about pinball until my wife got my Pinball Hall of Fame (Williams) for the Wii a few years ago. I then went and found the Gottlieb collection as well. it's been down hill ever since. I play The Pinball Arcade on iPad all the time, I found my way here, and now I've got two machines in my basement.

1 week later
#1111 10 years ago

that background art is from Haunted House! sweeeeeeet!!

and of course the gophers are Tee'd Off. Probably my second-favorite machine from the Gottlieb PHOF.

2 months later
#1200 10 years ago

looks like El Dorado (which was one they did in the Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection) and i don't know, something pool-based, judging by the "hustle" reference, with Champion Pub being the table of the month.

i don't know if there's something wrong with me, but I actually kinda like both thof this month's tables. It's fun advancing through all the checkpoints to win the race. the faster you hit each checkpoint, the more points you get. it's sort of like a constant hurry-up mode. I haven't spent much time with Class of 1812, but it certainly seems appropriate for October if nothing else.

Anyway, El Dorado never did much for me ... in fact it was probably my least favorite from the Gottlieb Collection. It feels like lately they've been kind of sticking to second-rate titles. I wonder if maybe they're saving some of the bigger titles for the next-gen consoles.

#1210 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

New post in pin arcade group. Titled steams not happening.

not accurate.

1 week later
#1275 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I downloaded steam and the free version of the PBA but my computer freezes every time I try to play it? Has anybody experienced this as well? Any fix I can do to play on PC? Thanks!

- check that your system meets the minimum specs
- update your video card drivers

#1293 10 years ago

my theory is they are attempting to make us ACHE for Addams Family, for maximum kickstarter impact, haha.

next pack: Jive Time and Strikes an Spares, followed by Orbiter 1 and Hercules.

1 week later
#1313 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wish they would add a table pitch adjustment. The ball is way too floaty.

this really depends on the table. some of them the ball is not floaty at all.

#1317 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Every single one I have played is noticably floaty. Which ones do you think aren't?

Haunted House, Whirlwind (latest version), Whitewater, Space Shuttle, Taxi, and Firepower are all very very fast to name a few. the physics engine actually slows down on slower processors, but on my iPad 2 at least those machines are fast as heck. Haunted House is arguably too fast.

4 weeks later
#1357 10 years ago

the pro version lets you open the coin door and adjust settings, and explore the playfield. not that big a deal in my opinion.

1 month later
#1374 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Anybody else finding the new build on iOS to be a buggy mess. I can't even get Black Rose to play without it crashing before you even shoot the ball. Disappointing.

Not having any problems at all personally ... loving Black Rose!

2 weeks later
#1381 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Damn kid, you're pretty good at that video game. Ever get to play any real tables? If so did the skills transfer to the real deal?

some skills translate and some don't. nudging, other than sorta when to do it, doesn't translate. there's a physical nuance to it that a console or tablet can't teach.

a few real world pinball skills that can be learned from TPA:

- multiball skills: the presence of mind needed to deal with multiball modes in a strategic and orderly way. both the ability to keep track of multiple objects on different trajectories at the same time, as well as how to buy yourself time by throwing a ball into the pops or a saucer or whatever. also learning to catch and hold 2 balls and just play with one or whatever.

- obviously, the table rules. how to light lock / jackpot / multiball. what modes scale over time or with repetition, what modes stack nicely, which features aren't worth going for.

- shot risk factors for particular machines. in general, (say 80% of the time?) a shot that's risky in TPA is also risky in real life. (TPA does tend to have more safe shots, mostly due to the kickouts and bounces being more consistent than real life tables.)

- basic flipper skills. dead pass, cradle.

- intermediate/advanced flipper skills are a mixed bag. post passes work, cradle separation works. (drop catch and live catch aren't possible in TPA to my knowledge. attempts at a flick pass usually sends the ball off at full speed up a ramp, wat?).

also, lots of intangibles can be learned from TPA - stuff like patience, strategic approach, learning to spot early in a ball's path that you're about to get into trouble. i mean it's not THAT different from real life. the main difference is the TPA pins are so consistent that the highest scores are earned by developing a very strict script and sticking to it. after you figure out the perfect "script", it's just a matter of muscle memory hitting the ball at exactly the right frame after releasing from a cradle, and count on getting an identical ricochet every time. real pins are a lot more dynamic than that. but there is a decent set of skills that does translate.

#1384 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I find the dead pass is incredibly squirrelly on TPA's MB (iOS version). It doesn't really work. Instead of deadening the ball, the ball sort of weirdly flies off over the opposite out lane into the orbit.

the MB kickout does do that and it's weird. many tables give reasonably natural dead passes though.

3 weeks later
#1394 10 years ago

yeah right now the app is broken on ipad2 / ipad mini. the sim keeps speeding up and slowing down, making the ball jerk around. it's unplayable. FarSight is aware and says it has a fix ready for the next update.

#1396 10 years ago

aww, bummer. the app also has a feature built-in to back up your scores either locally or remotely on their servers. if you'd done that you wouldn't have lost your scores

#1397 10 years ago

I use the backup feature to sync my scores between several devices.

#1399 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

That's funny. I reported the speed up/slow down issue months ago on the new Whirlwind table for iPad2 and was ignored.

different issue.

#1401 10 years ago

Apple just released iOS 7.1.0 today, and those who have installed it are saying the iPad 2 stutter is gone!

1 month later
#1436 9 years ago

Wait what do you mean by new Stern? Like a recent Stern game? That would be awesome.

#1446 9 years ago

RCT4 was just released for mobile devices. maybe they're doing RCT for some inter-corporate synergy. (ps don't buy RCT4, it sucks)

1 week later
#1455 9 years ago

Junkyard turned out to be WAY more fun than i had imagined. i'd never played one before. i like the goofball patchwork invention theme. it reminds of mad scientists such as Doc Brown from Back to the Future. i am also totally in love with all the callouts to other games through the "time machine" feature. getting to play modes from AFM, TAF, CFTBL, and others is just a ton of fun. every time i get Time Machine i can't wait to see what i get.

this game has really been a surprise hit with me.

#1470 9 years ago
Quoted from PotWasher:

Worst of all, some of my friends now think Pinball Arcade's physics are so good they don't play the real version of those tables, "because it's not the same and I can't score as high." Virtual pinball killing real pinball? Yikes.

this is a problem with your weirdo friends, not TPA.

3 weeks later
#1487 9 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

The human eye only recognizes I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 15fps or so anyway.

no, that's incorrect. it takes about 15 FPS for a series of images to begin to register as motion at all. but anything below 45 FPS looks noticeably choppy. it depends on the person, but most people ARE capable of telling the difference between say 60 and 85 FPS. Anything below 70 tended to bother me, back in my hardcore PC building days.

Quoted from bub2010:

As long as I see a consistent 45fps with no dips a game generally plays really great. (even an fps shooter)

playable, but hardly great.

Quoted from bub2010:

the smoothness comes more from the video processor and its ability to process ALL of the data at the same speed. When you notice lag is when a game buffers up a big specular effect or something on wimpy hardware and when the effect first is displayed you get a dip of lets say 10-15 fps and it looks funny because it dipped and is catching up.

your framerate is constantly changing, but it's not rendering parts of the picture at different speeds than others. it renders each frame as a single image. big effects cause dips in the framerate and if the rate drops below 45 it looks lousy.

Quoted from bub2010:

A different problem that is more apparent on Tv's is filtering effects that are supposed to make the image look better. Turn all that crap off and it'll play smooth just like it should on a PC monitor as opposed to a TV monitor.

you are correct that all the "image smoothing" and "noise reduction" and "smoothpixel" and "liquidmotion" and "active-whatever" and just about every "feature" that is possible to turn off on modern TVs absolutely NEEEEDS to be turned off. they are crap thrown in to sell TVs and every one of them 1) make the picture look worse and 2) increase the amount of input lag you get with your controller.

however, a TV will never match the image quality of a real high quality monitor. they are just not built up to those specs.

Quoted from bub2010:

I did some looking and best I can see the fastest an ipad screen is even on current models is 60hz.,, just more proof that the display itself does not have to be faster to look better.
I've built a lot of virtual pins also and I can say that I've had plenty of TV's I've demo'd in the past and have seen enough 120hz displays that don't do any better in regard to displaying a ball (or anything else for that matter) than a GOOD 60hz model.

of course not, because the TVs aren't really rendering 120FPS from the physics engine. they're taking your 45FPS image and using post-processing algorithms to "upscale" it to 120hz. basically they are simply introducing blur and lag and other weirdness and calling it a "feature". the only way to run a real 100 or 120 frames per second would be to get a beefy video card and hook it up to a high-quality monitor (not a TV). trust me you would definitely see a difference between that and 60FPS.

I used to own a business building high-end custom gaming rigs. The desktop I use now is still from those days -- it's got a liquid-cooled i7 processor and an old NVidia 295 modified for liquid cooling - it's got a giant copper waterblock attached. weighs a ton!

Quoted from bub2010:

some are better than others and sometimes price or boasted specs does not always determine the real world results.

that's for sure.

#1490 9 years ago

not really seeing anything there that contradicts anything I said. determining distinct images is different from perception of smoothness. the page even shows a 12FPS animated gif as an example of choppy motion.

#1495 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Mother trucker, TPA lost all of my hall of fame points.

bummer. I assume you tried logging out and back in (not just restarting the app or device)? did you do any recent backups?

#1499 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Why do I have to download all of the other machines again whenever I get a new machine (on ios) ? I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong.

Sometimes they make bug fixes to other machines, so you have to redownload them. They don't always say what the fixes were in the patch notes though.

1 week later
#1507 9 years ago

WindowsXP...? MS doesn't even support that OS anymore.

2 months later
#1570 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Kickstarter prices are higher than it's going to cost in app, might as well upsell the people willing to pay for it!

You're not making sense. If it was the same price or cheaper, then there'd be no need for the kickstarter. They're trying to offset the unusually large licensing costs of this table. Simply selling the table at normal price except through kickstarter instead of the App Store wouldn't help them do that.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Really? they're not making enough money on Pinball Arcade yet to just foot this bill?
/wish they'd put out the proper cabinet support they promised AGES ago

It's not about the app being profitable, it's about this table not losing them money. They probably have a pretty good idea how many copies of this table they are going to sell, and know they cannot turn a profit on it without contributions.

#1572 9 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

The rights costs for tables must be quite high

in the kickstarter video, he mentions that even if funded they will still have to digitally alter Angelica Huston and the actor that plays Pugsly's faces because they couldn't get their rights.

edit: my bad, it was Christopher Lloyd, not Angelica.

#1575 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

WAT? It was pugsly and doc from Back to the Future, not angelica.

you're right, my bad. I misremembered!

#1578 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I'd wager just the opposite - they probably have no idea how many copies they'll sell, which is why they want the Kickstarter safety net.

TAF will be their 55th table in The Pinball Arcade. Of course they know what sales numbers will look like.

1 week later
#1589 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I wouldn't plan on TAF being made at all. The Kickstarter isn't doing so hot.

it's doing fine. it's got two-thirds of the money it needs and still has 19 days left. plus kickstarters always get a whole bunch of donations right at the end, especially if they're close. I'd put its chances of success near 100%.

#1592 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I would think that most of the people that donate to this project would've been tracking it and would've committed already. Do you really think 30k is just going to come trickling in within the next 19 days?

yes. have you followed other kickstarters and their progress before? there's always a sag in the middle and a surge at the end.

#1601 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Interesting site, thanks for sharing. Wonder if they're trending based on the slope of the total or based upon the daily value. If you look at the daily values for some reason there was a reduction of 7.6k of donations last week? Wonder what caused that.

there was some joker who made a fake $10,000 contribution in order to get it to $66,666, and every time someone new contributed that person would adjust their amount downward to keep it at $66,666. i guess they thought it was funny. eventually that person cancelled their fake bid (or got banned), thus why total donations went down on that one day. the kickstarter is still well on track to make its goal.

1 week later
#1603 9 years ago

the kickstarter made its goal, by the way! (still 5 days to go)

#1606 9 years ago
Quoted from Kugelhagelfisch:

I'd like more early SS pins in TPA. Looking forward to Phantom of the Opera and TAF, though. Without TPA I wouldn't have a pin in the basement now.

Same here on all points!

1 week later
#1620 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

So the other day i was cleaning up and going threw some old paperwork and i came across the shipping invoice for a pinball machine i sold to a very nice gentleman in California. Never bothered to look at the recipe until recently and discovered it was none other the Farsight Studio's!!! It was my Dracula that i had fully restored lol. I feel honored to be a small part of the development of this latest release

Very cool!

3 months later
#1719 9 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

I've tried playing on my Xbox One and it is virtually unplayable. EXTREMELY laggy. THe ball goes near the flippers, I hit the button and over a second later the flipper finally flips...when the ball had already drained.

look in your TV's settings for a "gaming" mode. this sounds like display lag.

#1722 9 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

All my other video games run fine, but I will check the settings just in case.

pinball is a lot more split-second dependent than a lot of other games. i didn't notice how much lag my old TV had until i bought a new one and suddenly all my pinball arcade scores doubled! i still sucked at Madden, though.

#1729 9 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Yep.. TV lag redman.. I've got it on my XB1 and it plays fine. Put it in game mode or strip down TV processing features if it does not have a "game" mode.

yep. turn off any kind of noise reduction, motion smoothing, tru-pixel, quad-whatever -- if it is possible to turn a feature off, turn it off. it is all crap and just makes your picture look worse anyway. plus it introduces lag. oh and put it at the lowest Hz setting as well. if it's upscaling the framerate, that adds lag too.

#1734 9 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Yes, everyone, that was it! I turned off all the 'enhancement features' on the TV and it started to work perfectly. THANKS!

glad you got it fixed!

3 weeks later
#1760 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Its a little bit of that sure. Sour grapes. I won't deny that but they were looking for 3d modelers at the time and after looking into the company's history i am probably better off anyway.

sounds like they made the right decision, considering the level of professionalism you exude.

#1770 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This is definitely some disheartening news about Farsight. If they don't start improving I won't buy any more tables.

What disheartening news? You mean the self-described sour grapes from some guy who applied to work there and didn't get hired?

#1809 9 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

So i guess ios is taking priority over all other platforms? Sounds about right. GREED

Hahaha what? Try "logic!"

1 month later
#1877 9 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

They need to fix the loop champ on BSD. It won't save your loop champ highscore. It just resets it everytime you start a new game.

it's the same on all tables that have any kind of high score other than the main one. most ships sunk on Black Rose, Castles defeated on MM, LITZ champ in TZ ... all of them reset as soon as you exit out of the table.

2 weeks later
#1891 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Make sure your TV is set to "gaming" mode or the equivalent. Depending on the input type (HDMI in particular), your TV may be doing inline upconversion, which can result in this kind of latency.

Yep. If you are playing on any console and experiencing flipper lag, it is because your tv is slow. Turn on gaming mode if such a mode exists, or turn off all the fancy post-processing options which are only making your picture look crappier anyway. Turn off every feature, including frame rate up scaling, in the menus.

1 month later
#1911 8 years ago

TPA is building a hell of a lineup.

#1919 8 years ago

Wow live catching balls on xenon right and left.

Flipper physics definitely taking a step up. The flippers really do feel like an authentic vintage Bally.

2 months later
#1964 8 years ago

Safecracker out on iOS!

got a couple coins already!

1 month later
#2015 8 years ago

Heh for now I've got the #5 score on the leaderboards with 12.5 million!

What an absurdly ridiculously fast game.

1 month later
#2019 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Big news!!!: Pinball Arcade Cabinet mode! (done by NoEx ) (or did i miss this on the pinside forums)
hud and settings: 552229mod.png
Volitair: Pinball_arcade_cabinet.png
downloads and more: http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthr...ree-Camera-Mod
Can be a bit tricky to set up, but get it working cause it's awesome!!!

looks like your URL got mangled.

i think you were probably trying to link to this:
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/10199-DOWNLOAD-Pinball-Arcade-Free-Camera-Mod

2 months later
#2059 8 years ago

Yeah, scared stiff is one where you can basically play forever if you want. It's just too friendly all around. Most of the TPA tables, though, can be "beaten" in that if you play it enough, you can find a small set of safe shots that give you an extremely low probability of draining, and without the randomness of real life, the games can turn into marathons once you've mastered them. It doesn't help that TPA tends to give extra balls for replays too.

1 month later
#2074 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

They just posted an update saying they will release an updated version with the new Doctors and updated artwork if the Kickstarter succeeds. This has become a must now!

Wow, that's pretty cool! Also sounds like the license holders are being unusually accommodating if they're letting them do that. Maybe they're pinball fans.

2 months later
#2101 8 years ago

Just downloaded LAH for iPad. man that was easy to railroad. played for about 40 minutes on my second game, got over 2 billion, got bored and drained a bunch of extra balls. i don't fully understand all the rules, but lighting and activating modes at the left scoop was so absurdly easy i went all the way through all the modes like 5 times.

1 year later
#2216 6 years ago

Pinball Arcade feels like the digital equivalent of that crappy late-90s arcade where none of the games worked right and the manager refuses to refund your quarters when you complain. it has decayed very badly. it's hard to not feel like you're being ripped off, and you wonder how much longer it will be around.

years ago, it was one of the main factors that got me into pinball, but now loading the app just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

2 weeks later
#2228 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Looking good, FarSight!

this really just epitomizes Farsight's approach to attention to detail. similar little defects like this are common all over the app. it's a bummer.

a while back, right after they redesigned the UI, they added a star system for the games -- you could rate each game 1 to 5 stars, and one of the buttons at the top would sort the games in order of star rating. i went through all 75 of my machines assigning a rating to each one, so that i could hit that button and see my favorites on the top.

then one week later they removed the star rating system. awesome, thanks.

5 months later
#2339 6 years ago

Jesus, this Ghostbusters release is awful even by FarSight standards. I'm on iPhone 7+ by the way.

- app crashed when i bought Ghostbusters. had to manually close it and reload.
- DMD is too dim, can barely read it.
- When you load the game, the DMD displays a bunch of errors. "UPDATING NODE BOARD RUNTIME. UPDATE FAILED. POWER CYCLE THE GAME" haha.
- You cannot select a skill shot! for a game where the skillshot is half the game, this makes it absurdly unplayable.
- The arrow inserts that tell you what to shoot for during modes don't work at all. are you f***ing kidding me? this makes the skillshot bug look insignificant. this is *ridiculous*.
- Slimer moves about five times faster than he does in real life. the arm is constantly yanking him side to side at warp speed.
- the left scoop sends the ball STDM most of the time. no ball saver on it either.
- the sound is BADLY distorted. lots of static and jitter in all the sound effects and callouts.
- tons of cosmetic bugs with text overlapping other text, not fitting on buttons, appearing in the wrong place, etc, but that's been the case for a long time.

seriously there is no way anyone playtested this thing for even a minute. this is disgraceful.

i only played the game for 5 minutes and couldn't wait for it to be over. it's beyond unplayable even at the slightest glance.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Apparently they just wanted it out for Halloween. Warts and all.

that is a DEEPLY stupid decision. did any of you buy it just because it was f***ing halloween? choosing to destroy customer good will and your own reputation on the off-chance you might somehow get a couple extra sales from people connecting Ghostbusters Pinball with Halloween is supremely moronic.

#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

I’ve been told you need to be running iOS 10 or newer and have 1g of ram.
I can play it, but I’m just waiting for fixes. Can’t pick skill shots and the arrow inserts that tell you what shots to hit aren’t working. Pretty hard to play that way, unless you just want to smack the ball around.

i'm on 11.0.3 with 3GB RAM and it is broken as hell. all arrow inserts are out, sound is distorted like crazy, skillshot selection doesnt work, DMD is too dim, error messages on startup, Slimer moves 5 times faster than in real life, text on UI elements is jumbled and out of place, and those are all bugs i found in my less than 5 minutes of playtime.

1 week later
#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How does GB play on both? Is it better to get it on TPA or SPA or are they the same?

if you're on iOS, don't bother. the arrow inserts that show you what to shoot for during modes don't work at all. there's no way to select your skill shot. the audio is distorted badly. Slimer moves 5x faster than normal, it's nothing like real life. also the DMD is so dim that it's hard to read, and it only boots up at all on devices with more than a gig of ram (and even then it's still broken in a half dozen various ways).

2 months later
#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For PS4 owners, there appears to be a price glitch, the fulll Season 7 pack is currently listed for $5:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2058-CUSA00081_00-SEASONPACKPS4007

considering something similar happened on Steam last week, I wonder if it really is a glitch. Maybe they're going out of business and just trying to liquidate as much as possible in a short amount of time. Or maybe the Steam glitch actually generated a spike in revenue, so they're replicating it on PS4?

and of course considering it's FarSight, there is always the possibility it's plain old incompetence.

either way ... I don't really feel like rewarding this company for the garbage they've been shoveling out the last couple years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 180.00
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.