(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neal_w.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1909 8 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Xenon out now... On mobile anyway

Yup, Xenon was also released on the PC version today. This month Jack*Bot is the free game of the month.

4 weeks later
#1929 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

iOS relaeas being delayed.....again

I got the new version on my iPhone yesterday. Maybe they roll out updates over a few days to users like they roll out OS updates over a few weeks to all users?

4 weeks later
#1941 8 years ago

Yup, the only reason I have it on my iPhone is to enjoy the free TOTAN, and the monthly free game, currently CC.

Speaking of free, don't forget Zen Pinball for your phone with free the Sorcerers Lair pin, and also from Zen - Marvel Pinball with the free Marvel's The Avengers pin.

I pay for Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball FX2 on the PC.

#1955 8 years ago

FYI - Space Shuttle is the free game this month with unlimited play, even though the last few monthly free games no longer have the yellow badge to identify them. I imagine that's a bug.

1 week later
#1968 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Safecracker out on iOS!
got a couple coins already!

Safecracker demo was just too intriguing. I had to pop for season 4. I travel for work and visit a lot of pinball locations, but have yet to see that pin in real life.

I'm finding TAF pretty challenging in Pinball Arcade.

3 weeks later
#1996 8 years ago
Quoted from strangetown:

Speculation is they maybe planning a commercial vpin.

Interesting.

#2001 8 years ago

I see WH2O is currently the free game this month if you don't already have season 2.

1 month later
#2022 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

we also got a surprise leak of upcoming tables

Nothing too mind blowing on that list. Last time I played Playboy on location, it was fun.

WHO dunnit is the current free game of the month.

#2024 8 years ago

I liked the Stern 2002 DMD version, but the Bally solid state is rated higher.

1 month later
#2061 8 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

No logic in place for a stuck ball...

Press [esc] and select 'call attendant' to unstick a ball.

1 month later
#2070 8 years ago

Fireball and El Dorado have been released. Fireball is so much fun, and I don't recall playing it before!! Thanks to Pinball Arcade, I know to look for it now.

4 months later
#2117 7 years ago

Pinball Arcade now has an updated user interface on the PC, and it is gawdawful. WHY IS EVERYONE FIXING PROBLEMS THAT DON'T EXIST??

- enormous tablet style buttons. -windows 8 proved that's what consumers want.
- no "my tables button". -just a big window of various locked and unlocked tiles. Way to keep it simple!
- the "tables pack button" shows the same big list of tiles in order of season. -so you can guess the last 12 or so are season 5.

I'm sure there are other issues, but I had to exit before I puked.
Summary - Unusable.

I wonder if they track the rate of purchases since releasing this new UI? Please let that be the case. I am done for a while.

#2125 7 years ago

I guess I should be happy that Pinball Arcade runs stable on my PC with the previous and current UI.

Config of my current/old gaming rig -
Windows Vista and Nvidia 690GT video card.
Pinball Arcade installed through Steam.

One common issue for PC gamers that don't game frequently are hardware stability issues. (video card overheat, CPU overheat, ram errors, weak power supply, etc)

If you install the latest 3D mark demo from Steam, does that run reliably on your PC? Anyone seeing lockups with that as well, needs to take a closer look at their hardware.

1 week later
#2129 7 years ago

I noticed the prices for early seasons for the PC are currently half, if you buy through Steam, and not in game.

3 weeks later
#2133 7 years ago

Big Hurt was added on the steam PC version.

What is the deal with the challenges? I tried the season 1 challenge, but when I exit the game and return, I click continue but all progress is always gone and I am back at TOTAN. Is it just broken?

#2139 7 years ago

Every time I start up Pinball Arcade, it appears the GUI is updated. The 'My Tables' button is back to sort the entire list by the ones I own. Very happy to see that is back!

Previously you could rate each table 1-5 stars, and then sort by rating. That sort button is gone and the ratings are gone. Now you can click on a heart icon to mark a pin as a favorite. Those you mark as favorites appear at the top of the list of 'My Tables'. I liked the stars a little better, but this is OK.

I am still fooling around with the Challenges. It seems if you have to complete a challenge in one sitting, or it does not keep track of your score. There is a continue button, even though progress is lost, so that seems to be a bug.

... wait since I started writing this and got distracted, Steam has updated Pinball Arcade again tonight! I should get used to change!

#2145 7 years ago

Earlier this week they added the "click on the heart icon to mark a pin as a favorite".

Just noticed that after marking some pins as favorites, that when you restart Pinball Arcade it forgets what I have marked. Is anyone testing this stuff before sending out PC updates one after another??

#2147 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

They might not be saved until after you complete at least 1 game of any table.

That seemed to work, but today my favorites are cleared again.

#2149 7 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Is season 5 out yet?

Yes, they have started season 6.

Season 5 is The Getaway through TX Sector.

1 week later
#2152 7 years ago

Just noticed on iOS that you now get 4 free tables of the month, not just 1. That's a nice gift.

The PC version continues to include new updates like labeling decades when you sort by year, etc. I like that.

1 month later
#2160 7 years ago

The Online Play button now seems to be active in the PC version. First time I was able to find a match, I think it picked a pin I did not own, and couldn't find any matches after that all evening.

Restarted the PC today, and I was able to play and win one match. Trying again, it got stuck at 'match found, game starting'.

Seems very buggy, but it's nice to see new functions added.

Also, Doctor Who has been released.

Edit - One time when clicking on the Doctor Who demo it loaded flight 2000, which was the online game I just played. Yikes - online bug spilling over in to offline mode!

1 month later
#2168 7 years ago

Season 3 pro pack on sale for $9.99 today on Steam.

4 weeks later
#2174 7 years ago

Stern Pinball Arcade has been getting a lot of attention, but just noticed that Gladiators is now available Pinball Arcade on iOS, and the big surprise is a new fantasy table called Doctor Who Master of Time.

DWMOT is loosely based on the original DW layout with a TARDIS replacing the time expander, 4 flippers, new dots, sound, and art. It includes new doctors and enemies.

I guess FarSight decided to venture in to fantasy pin territory since they already had the DW license, and there is so much new material since the Williams version was released.

IMG_2317 (resized).PNGIMG_2317 (resized).PNG

IMG_2318 (resized).PNGIMG_2318 (resized).PNG

#2189 7 years ago

Tried the new Doctor Who Master of Time table on my windows PC, and that one table will not start up. When I click 'START', and then select 'play trial version', PA stops responding at the next screen where it gives the history of the table. The 'check/OK' and the 'go back' buttons do nothing.

2 months later
#2207 7 years ago

Just noticed that Doctor Who Master of Time was patched and no longer locks up when loading on my PC. Keep squashing those bugs Farsight!

1 month later
#2215 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Bought Season 6 several weeks ago and I'm still waiting for two of the better pins to be released. Double charged for AC/DC. Still waiting for Ghostbusters.

I didn't reply because I couldn't follow. Season 6 is for 'Pinball Arcade'. I can't get enough of EBD and DH. What is missing?

AC/DC is part of 'Stern Pinball Arcade'. They have been squashing the bugs listed above. I can wait a little longer for GB.

1 month later
#2243 6 years ago

FYI - Steam is having a sale on previous table packs for Pinball Arcade.

#2251 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

that disaster kickstarter backout

I remember a kick starter for TAF and Doctor Who. What did they back out of?

2 weeks later
#2261 6 years ago

Just installed 'Stern Pinball Arcade' on my new win10 gaming PC, and it seems to be stuck in 640x480 mode, no mater what I select in the config utility, windowed or full screen. Pinball Arcade dx11 and other games work fine.

Any ideas?

#2263 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You may want to consider a refund

lol, I haven't purchased any content, just trying to get the free tables working on this new PC.

1 week later
#2269 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

'Stern Pinball Arcade' on my new win10 gaming PC, and it seems to be stuck in 640x480 mode

Figured out that if I press ALT-ENTER twice, and then it pops up in the correct resolution.

2 weeks later
#2271 6 years ago

Firepower II is now on PA. Love the sounds it shares with Defender Arcade.

#2280 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I will say the EM Gotliebs are fun, but the SS were cheap on theme and play.
Cactus Canyon is an exception.

Cactus Jack's

But anyway, I agree Season 6 is soft, but EBD and DH are must haves.

FarSight is trying to compete with the $5 phone and tablet apps on all those devices and consoles. Software is hard.

1 month later
#2303 6 years ago

I purchased AC/DC and Star Trek for Stern Pinball Arcade yesterday. AC/DC seems to run stable in my new win10 PC, but Star Trek has a bug that crashes at the same place each time.

It crashes at the end of Prime Directive II, and searching online took me to several threads on the Steam forums. It seems to be a known bug since February for several of the later modes when the timer runs out, it says Sternpinballarcade.exe has stopped working and crashes to the desktop. UGHHHHH.

Come on FarSight, wasn't this pin released last winter? I am not enjoying crashing to the desktop each time I am about to set a high score!!!

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

It was in the old TPA but I dont even know if its an option on Stern PA

Right, in TPA, you could pay extra to get the PRO, which gave you operators controls. No option to buy them in SPA.

1 week later
#2319 6 years ago

Just noticed that Stern Ghostbusters in now on Pinball Arcade for iOS. First issue - The red DMD is so dim that it is unreadable.

#2324 6 years ago

Ghostbusters is very resource intensive. Try rebooting your phone and closing background apps, etc. Tried it on my old iPad2, with old iOS so pinball arcade still works, but get an error - not enough memory to play Ghostbusters while all the other PA tables work fine.

GB is now on the Steam version too:

The Bad first-
Very resource intensive! My old gaming PC could not even handle the attract mode.

The good -
Works fine on my new win10 gaming PC with GTX1070, etc.
The inserts and DMD look OK.
The score limit on the DEMO is 820mil+ so you get to try a lot of the game.

#2328 6 years ago

Cool. Is it smooth?? Just got in to a 6-ball multiball and could detect a little stutter with the balls on my fancy pants gaming PC.

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

seriously there is no way anyone playtested this thing for even a minute.

Apparently they just wanted it out for Halloween. Warts and all.

#2346 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I watched the twitch stream, and they claim that IOS 9 won't work, and that its ram intensive.
Not sure why that's not made more clear.

Running it on my old iPad, it does give a ram warning and that table is not available. This is more like when Stern Pinball Arcade was released for Xmas on iOS - mostly broken until they patched it later.

#2357 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The score limit on the DEMO is 820mil+ so you get to try a lot of the game.

Patched it today, now the score limit is ~47mil.

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Star Trek still has at least one non-working insert lamp — still. . . It’s amazing to have that bug and never be fixed.

INSERT?? Star Trek crashes to the desktop on the PC when these modes end:

Prime Directive 2
Nero 3
Klingon Battle 3

Does it do that on other platforms?

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

the crashing in Star Trek is now fixed

Nice! Also, it does not launch in low res anymore, requiring me to minimize/maximize to get high res, and I see GB is now in SPA.

Good work - Keep squashing those bugs team!!

2 weeks later
#2366 6 years ago

Spanish Eyes and Wild Card have been released on Steam and iOS.

2 months later
#2388 6 years ago

Williams Sorcerer has been released on Pinball Arcade for Steam and iOS.

1 month later
#2396 6 years ago

Go for the Hill... Banzai Run is now on Pinball Arcade for Steam and iOS. (season 7 game 11)

1 month later
#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

They aren't gonna stay in business with Gottleib & Premier games. Even porting newer Stern games isn't(IMO) gonna bring in the cash.

If they released more of Sterns modern titles like MET, TWD, GOT, IM, SM, Tron, BM66, I think there would be a lot of interest.

My concern would be that TPA couldn't handle it. GB runs fine in SPA, but stutters in TPA on my hardcore gaming PC, which does not bode well for the average TPA player.

1 month later
#2443 5 years ago

I see that AC/DC, Mustang, and Star Trek have all moved over to Pinball Arcade, unfortunately they will not let me start a game!?!

#2453 5 years ago

Todays update fixed the issue with not being able to start a game on the new Stern tables.

2 months later
#2463 5 years ago

Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie have been added today, and Mustang has been moved over from SPA. Guess they wanted to steal a little of FX3s thunder.

I don't recall ever playing BBH before. I has it's charm.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im very leary of pinball arcade anymore after seeing how bad they are at fixing updates and how bad Ghostbusters turned out

Yea, just gave GB another try, and did see a couple hickups in an hour of play. Their Spike emulation needs tweaking. I recall running it in SPA, it will run without hickups (or was that DX9 mode?).

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

DX9 version looks better, but I can still see the playfield as "blurry",

Yeah, I think DX11 is trying simulate glare from the GI lights, making the PF look very bright and soft and the other parts look too sharp. Probably something they can tweak.

Quoted from woody24:

The sound on Whoah Nellie is bad.

I noticed some crackle when running in DX9 mode. DX11 mode sounds fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neal_w.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=neal_w and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.