(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 12 years ago

Great! I will buy it right away. I just hope the weather here turns bad again because I don't
want to feel bad for spending too much time indoors.

#30 12 years ago

Downloaded the Mac version and wonder if there really is no way to change the controls because using the trackpad to be able to launch the ball is cumbersome. Also the flipper buttons are keyed to the left and right arrow keys and for nudging you have to use the trackpad. This means you have to flip with the fingers on one hand which is really unnatural to me.
I've bought the iPhone, IPad and now the Mac version and must say I'm disappointed and won't be playing them much. I'm still enjoying the old Xbox version though, which is quite good.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

On my MAC the flippers are way too slow. Very dissapointed. XBOX version? Do you mean the other game "The Williams Collection"?

The flippers are also slow on my Mac and that makes them feel underpowered. Don't know how to do a rebuilt on them though.
Yes, I did mean the Williams collection. Going from that to these versions has been a big step back. Everything is slow and unresponsive. You have to sometimes click the buttons multiple times before they react.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

My wish for the game: You know if you leave it in attract mode and the camera does a flyover of the playfield? I'd love to be able to manually control that close-up camera to be able to explore the parts of the table that you can't see very well.

I've thought the exact same thing on many occasions. It's hard to find good high res pictures on the
internet on which you can read the inserts for example.
Does anyone know of a site? IPMD only has small pictures.

#39 12 years ago

Their website http://www.pinballarcade.com/ doesn't even speak of the release. Or is there an other
one? Seems like you'd want to advertise it a little bit. I guess it's ok if they are too busy making new tables.

#43 12 years ago

It's available! Downloading right now for the Xbox!

#45 12 years ago

The Xbox version comes bundled with the same 4 tables as the IOS version. TOM, TOTAN, Black hole and RBION. I just played it for the first time and it's quite good. I didn't like the small screen and controls on the Iphone and Ipad but I this is fun. I think they said MM is one of the downloads
that comes later.

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I downloaded the trial on 360 tonight and gave it a whirl. Seems to play well enough to me. I'm going to hold out until I have a chance to play it on PS3 before making a purchase though. The shoulder buttons on the PS3 controller lend themselves to pinball better than the 360's IMO.

Have you tried switching the flipper buttons from the triggers to the shoulder buttons? It's in the settings. You can't change it in the controls menu so I was lucky to find the option. The triggers have indeed a far too long throw for this.

#83 12 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Unfortunately the triggers are the default controls (this can be changed) which is basically the worst idea ever.

I bet they made them default because the casual player doesn't even know the shoulder buttons exist.

1 week later
#190 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

make sure you have your TV set to "Game Mode"

+1. I had the same problem with a WII game once. It was testing your reaction speed and I could
never get a good score. But then I hooked it up to my older plasma TV downstairs that doesn't
do all the picture processing and it made a world of difference.
The TV needs a little time to manipulate the image so it just delays the picture and sound a few frames. You would never know this was going on watching a movie but with games it's different.

1 month later
#228 11 years ago

But am I reading it right that TZ won't be coming to the XBox 360 anyway because Microsoft won't
let them?

2 months later
#493 11 years ago

So on a european game, can we just select medium and have everything back to 'american medium' or do we have to adjust all the settings separately?
I guess I have been playing on hard all the time.

6 months later
#821 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Wonder if Pinball Arcade will be on PS4???

They said that the PS4 will not be backwards compatible with the PS3 so they would have to rewrite
the games for it. I hope they do.

#825 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I'm on my 8th different physical Xbox.

WOW,Eight! What happened to the first seven???

3 months later
#1005 10 years ago

Good news on the Xbox stuff finally being resolved. Let's see if we really get those tables anytime soon. Last week I almost bought a PS3 because I was tired of waiting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=marten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.