(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Does anyone else agree that the upper level awards aren't particularly tempting?

They should get a bunch of TZ games, jack the price up to $10K and sell em (keep profits).

They could also do a raffle for a TZ machine ($5/ticket), but I wonder if they could raffle off something in the Kickstarter rules.

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from Twitch_Boy:

Chipped in my $25 for TZ.
Holy crap. It's already up to $26K. This is gonna happen. And they're mentioning possibly grabbing more licenses...specifically ST:TNG...

ST:TNG would be great! One just sold in my area for 4K! Looks like I am never going to get one...

1 week later
#288 11 years ago

I love these guys and to say that they are swamped is an understatement! I did a review of their game for my local newspaper and I got a call back from one of the owners to answer questions and get my nice pictures for the paper. I will buy their stuff on multiple systems to support their hard work.

That being said, I have the PS3 version and I am hoping for a lot of DLC. I wish the approval process for Sony and Microsoft wasn't so dang slow...

#295 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, I mean..this is frankly getting a bit ridiculous. I'm NOT buying any more games on the iPhone. It's just too damn hard to see everything. I don't have an iPad and even if I did, I wouldn't buy them there because the thing is just damn unwieldy to hold and play a game like that.
They need to light a fire under Sony/MS's asses, or not release the phone content until there's 1 parity with the release dates.

...and this is why Apple is eating everybody's lunch! Sony/MS/Nintendo represent the older dogs that will get crushed. If Farsight released their game on STEAM I would be in heaven. SO MUCH good stuff to get on Steam nowadays!

Off to play some more games I bought on the latest Humble Bundle...

#319 11 years ago

News from the FACEBOOK page for the Xbox and PS3 gamers:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's a status update on new tables for our long-suffering console fans!

The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of PinBot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.

The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.

We have been having difficulty getting Microsoft to approve the new tables for the Xbox 360. The problem centers around a little-known Microsoft limitation of 4 MB on the size of the title update for the game code. We can package the data for each table separately, but the code for the new tables is larger than 4 MB and must be in the update. We have finally convinced them to grant us an exception, so we'll be resubmitting all 4 new tables tomorrow and rolling them out to you just as quickly as we can. We'll announce the date when we know it.

The European versions of the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games will reach the end of their certification cycles this week. We hope to have dates to report to you very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your patience as we work to get these released- we know how frustrating it is to not be able to play these great new tables. We apologize if sometimes it seems we're slow on releasing information, but we don't want to give you a date that turns out later to be wrong. We do read every post, email, and rant.

Thanks again for supporting us!

1 week later
#357 11 years ago

Update from Facebook:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We have nothing but good news to report today! For iOS (iPhone and iPad) we've fixed some bugs in the new tables, including the Monster Bash Frankenstein multiball camera problem and the Gorgar leaderboard bug. Apple has granted us an expedited review for both the paid and free versions of the app so they should both be available in the next 24 hours.

We finally have a date from Sony for the Euopean version on the PlayStation3- it will be released on June 27th! The European version on Vita is back in submission with Sony and we will announce a release date when we know it. Thanks for your patience on those!

We have had reports of users on Android not getting access to tables they've purchased. This actually turned out to be a Google problem, but we've engineered a workaround and we will be posting a new Android build today.

As announced previously, Table Packs 1 and 2 will be released for the Vita in North America on June 26th. Today Sony granted our petition to move the release date for Table Pack 2 on PlayStation3 up to match that of the Vita, so it will also be available on June 26th (instead of July 3rd). So let the record reflect that sometimes we're early instead of late

The new tables for the Xbox 360 are moving through the approval process at Microsoft. We will announce an availability date when we know it. And we're still working on getting in-app table purchases released for the Mac and the PC version.

Thanks again for your support of the Pinball Arcade!

#374 11 years ago

News from Facebook page:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We're happy to announce that the update of the Pinball Arcade for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is now available in both free and paid versions. We're also very excited that the paid version will become the iOS App Store's Free App of the Week for a week starting tomorrow! We hope this exposes many new people to our obsession with classic pinball. At Apple's request we will remove the free version from the store for a week during the promotion to avoid confusion. Apple says that our customers who have previously downloaded the free version will continue to have access to the update and in-app purchases during this time, but they didn't seem too sure of themselves- we recommend that everyone using the free version update their app (and buy the new tables if you want them) sometime today just in case you loose the ability to do so for a week. And if you've been on the fence about joining our community on iOS then this next week will be a great time to do so- you'll get the paid version of the app (along with the great Tales of the Arabian Nights table) for free!

1 week later
#406 11 years ago

I am SO glad I chose to get this for my PS3. I am really liking the CV an MM right now.

4 weeks later
#461 11 years ago

OK. Two big updates from The Pinball Arcade for those of you who don't follow their Facebook page. Update #1 is about all consoles and #2 is about the Xbox specifically.

UPDATE #1_____________________________________

Update on all platforms as of 7/28/2012:

iOS - An update with DLC Pack #4 (Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight) was released on July 27th. This update includes Game Center achievements and a Hall of Fame leaderboard as well as a login method that doesn't require fb (also implemented on the Android version). We are hoping that Apple allows us to have more than a total of 10 leaderboards via Game Center. Once we get this ability, we will be able to improve the Game Center support.

Android - An update with DLC Pack #4 (Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight) was released on July 26th. We are very excited about the potential that Google is likely to feature our game again soon.

PS3/Vita - Add-on packs 1 and 2 are currently available in North America. Add-on pack three is in submission with add-on pack four to follow close behind. The SCEE add-on packs are scheduled to be submitted at the earliest date possible. There's a wait to get into their QA. We hope to get all add-on packs available world-wide within a couple months.

360 - An update that includes both DLC Pack #1 and #2 has been approved. We await the add-on release by Microsoft. DLC Pack #3 will be released closely behind packs 1 and 2. DLC Pack #4 will be submitted soon.

Mac - DLC Pack #4 has been submitted and will be released as soon as it is approved. Mac OS Lion is required for DLC purchases. There is nothing that we can do about the OS restriction.

PC - While we know this news may disappoint our fans eagerly awaiting the PC version - we are still working on the PC game. We will not released it until the graphics are at least up to the standards set by the 360 and PS3 versions. We also still need to find distribution partners (traditional desktop and/or cabinet). Our goal is to everything sorted out in time for the Twilight Zone release later this year.

3DS - We still have not obtained the performance we need out of the 3DS to run our ROM emulation. We have not given up. The 3DS version is on hold until we can dedicate more time to this R&D.

Wii/Wii-U - FarSight developed 12 titles for the Wii. Unfortunately, the Wii isn't powerful enough to run Pinball Arcade. We are very excited about the Wii-U. The Wii-U project has been set up and this version is in development at the engine level. We hope to release our game as close to the launch of the platform as possible.

UPDATE #2__________________________________

We would appreciate just a little more patience by our Xbox 360 players. We know how frustrated you guys are. We are very disappointed that the add-on content has not been made available yet. Add-on packs 1 and 2 were approved in May while the title update was in submission. Microsoft has not answered us yet as to why you cannot purchase this DLC.

The update to the launch tables is also on hold for a few more days, but it should be released by Thursday at the latest.

Unfortunately, we can not go into more details about the cause of these delays and all of the issues in getting Tuesday's title update approved. Technically, FarSight is not the publisher on Xbox. This and our NDA with Microsoft has a developer limits what we can say publicly. We are, however, doing our best to get the game released as soon as possible.

It is also unfortunate that there has been a growing number of comments on this facebook page that many users (as well as members of the development team) have found offensive and demoralizing. It is our policy to allow for everyone to speak freely as long as there are no personal attacks against one another or extremely offensive language used. We have stated this in the past several times. We will continue to be very lenient in regard to criticisms of FarSight and towards the Pinball Arcade, however we are past the point of simply warning individuals who are disruptive to those of you who visit this page for information about our game in general and come here for friendly and often interesting conversations about all things pinball.

Thanks for your understanding. We sincerely hope that the updates for 360 are imminent.

5 months later
#700 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Just set up our wiiU. Kids love it! Does anyone know when arcade will be available on this platform?

They are working on it as we speak. Watch this video. DMD on the controller? AWESOME!

#713 11 years ago
Quoted from NYG:

What is the deal with the XBOX release? No new tables in a long time

In short, the guys publishing the Xbox 360 stuff went bankrupt. They have hired new people who promise results this year. Expect a face-lift and new program to download which will incorporate all of the tables you purchased.

Source: From December 26th update of their Facebook page copied below...

For the 7th day of a Pinball Arcade Christmas, we're including as detailed a 360 update as we can today:

FarSight has selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! We are in the final stages of finalizing the contract. This process has taken months – as game publishing deals often do. With our previous publisher’s bankruptcy involved, it is extraordinarily complicated in terms of the Pinball Arcade.

We anticipate submitting this new version of the Pinball Arcade in January. FarSight has been assured that all previous purchases can and will be entitled when we re-launch. We will keep you updated as best we can and announce when we have firm release dates. The plan is for Twilight Zone and Star Trek: The Next Generation (free for kickstarter backers) to be available as DLC from day one.

Please be patient with us. This situation has been difficult for FarSight from a business standpoint and we know it has been very frustrating for you. With any luck and with your support, 2013 will be the year of the Pinball Arcade on 360 with 40 tables available by the end of the year!

#718 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

So they are launching a new game, which I will need to download? But they are claiming it will be free along with the other games I have previously downloaded?
If they can get my 40 total tables by the end of the year (which seems like 2 a month plus the ones I already have), then all will be forgiven. Unlike that joke stealing pracitcalsteve!

I only know what I read, but there might be a new front-end for the Xbox. That means you could download it once it is updated. Sadly, updates cost developers money when they submit them to Xbox. Patches = money for XBLA (and I would assume PSN and other networks).

I do my gaming on my PS3 and they won't get new updates for a month or two (source: Pinball Arcade Facebook page).

1 month later
#801 11 years ago

Latest news:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We have submitted Star Trek: The Next Generation on the PlayStation3 and PS Vita to Sony in both North America and Europe- the table should be available within the next several weeks. If you are a PlayStation3 or PS Vita backer we will be emailing you your PSN codes just as soon as we get them from Sony.

Due to the bankruptcy of our Xbox 360 publisher last year, we are temporarily unable to release new tables on that platform. We are currently seeking bankruptcy court approval to transfer the game to a different publisher, and we will release Star Trek: The Next Generation on the Xbox 360 as soon as that happens.

Thanks again for backing us and making this fantastic table a reality!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#803 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Temporarily! What a joke! Once again shafted. Think I will have to buy a PS3 if I ever want to see any of those tables.

It sucks big time for Xbox users. I was hoping the company that went under would give the work they did to Farsight but that looks like a no-go. Wish I knew more of the inside track here...

I play PA on the PS3 and I love it. CREECH, Scared Stiff, Taxi and MM are getting a lot of play right now...

#810 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

My definition of "temporarily" is not 1 year. Also, didn't they post something on facebook about a 360 updates occurring sometime in Feb? And promised we would get 20 games in 2013?

That they did. Xbox kickstarters have the right to be upset. No way should they have said that knowing that their game is tied up in court.

2 weeks later
#844 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

Earlier today, I had the pleasure of interviewing Bobby King, Lead Designer from Farsight Studios. He had some encouraging things to say about the future of The Pinball Arcade.
Here's the audio...
Youtube version:
» YouTube video
MP3 Download:
Mirror 1: http://www.2shared.com/audio/ZiRXQSnk/tpaf_interview_with_bobby_king.html
Mirror 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?xpmymdi4v1298x1
I apologize that I sound a bit under the weather. It doesn't help that I was out too late last night too . Plus I tend to mumble anyway...I never claimed to have a good radio voice, heh.

Did you do this for fun or do you have a podcast/media gig? Downloading the mp3 now...

1 week later
#865 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

Man, I'm loving STTNG on the PS3. It's definitely the best pin they've put out so far in terms of physics and the way it plays in general. Looking forward to AFM and Genie this week.

I am a big fan of the new user interface too!

On a lark, I downloaded Zen Pinball 2 and will try the Star Wars tables soon. It would be interesting if Pinball Arcade tackled SWE1 and RFM.

1 week later
#903 11 years ago

Some news for the Xbox crew who kickstarted with them:

Source: Facebook page 4/3/13

Due to the length of the delays on the Xbox 360, we are offering to switch kickstarter backer platforms to any other platform we support. If the base game is needed to play (for example the PS3), we will be happy to provide a means to getting the base game free-of-charge. We are continuing to work with the bankrupcy court to get the legal issues with our 360 publisher sorted out, and we remain confident we will be able to release all of the new tables on the 360 soon. Please contact us at [email protected] if you'd like to switch platforms.
And thank you for supporting us!

8 months later
#1335 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

PS4 version is out. The lighting and graphics got a huge upgrade.

Just got this myself and I love it. I can see the difference between the PS3 and PS4. Whoa.

1 year later
#1917 8 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I agree. The physics are getting better. I "accidentally" did a dead-catch (muscle memory from playing real machines) and it worked. I was shocked.
Now, if they would only add virtual cab support.

Virtual Cab support (or if they made it themselves) would be amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 63.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marcand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=marcand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.