(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfre81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2390 6 years ago

It seems like they cleaned up the flipper physics a little bit on PS4. Shots don't seem as overpowered off the end of the flipper. Flipper passes and multiball separations are actually possible now.

Unfortunately when they fix one thing another thing gets screwy. Some weird stuff in the shooter lanes on some games. The ball wants to hop around strangely on the plunger when you have the rod pulled back. It's especially obvious on TZ but it's affecting every game. Was not doing that before this last update.

#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

It's useless on PS4 for me, last time I checked it the camera was broken and it only had the one view which is way too far away for my old eyes.

Try using square as well as circle, it was doing that right after the last update but I was able to fix it.

4 months later
#2446 5 years ago

What I'm not happy about, more than anything, is that all of the Gottlieb packs are two-thirds games I already have, and they only offer the entire pack for sale.

I wouldn't mind getting Big Hurt and Gladiators, but I was hoping not to have to pay $10+ to have any one of them. The rest of the pack was in the first three seasons I have in entirety. I have the first-season PS4 disc.

Sorcerer apparently wouldn't start up after the update that dropped the WMS assets. I was going to buy Paragon a la carte on the last day but it wouldn't allow me to, and I didn't feel like springing for another full season after buying 2 and 3 (apparently you still got Paragon with Season 7). And I was particularly wary of buying these more recently released tables that have not had as much finetuning. I thought better of getting Banzai Run in particular for this exact reason. Not sure how much attention the WMS tables are getting in terms of bugfixing going forward, after they stopped being able to sell them.

Some of the first-season games have been tuned nicely. I played BoP this morning for the first time in a couple updates and it feels better than it ever did. The ball even comes out of the jets in a different way each time (like the real thing) when it used to have this very "scripted" feel about it.

#2450 5 years ago

TZ still has black over the shooter rod "power meter" so doing the skill shot isn't easy. FarSight jacked up the plunger on TZ several updates ago and it's been weird for months now. But the overall machine behaves a little more lifelike. The slot machine kickout has a little more randomness to it. I used to let it dead bounce to the left flipper and rip the lock shot like clockwork. Then a ball out of the kicker went further left to the edge of the flipper and slid down the drain instead. Something I'd expect the real thing to do.

One game I got with Season 3 right before the deadline, and have started to get into, is Lights...Camera...Action. The playfield art may be some of the worst I ever saw, but the game itself is fun enough that I'd pump a token or two into a good location example if I ever found one. It's got that left side flipper shot like TAF or Road Show, but LCA was made before either one and it's a more rewarding shot when it's lit.

#2460 5 years ago

I have been able to start up trials for games I have not bought, but when I try to actually buy them I get an error message, and it kicks me back out into the menu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.50
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

£ 39.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfre81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.