(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 11 years ago

I'd contribute to a Kickstarter for it, sadly. I hate Kickstarter, and I think it's a massive FAD right now that will die, but before it does, I'm half tempted to put up a Kickstarted for myself called:

"My Job took away all my overtime and I need to feed my family and pay my bills give me money now."

Man, I can't WAIT for CV to be on the ipad!!

1 week later
#267 11 years ago

so is CV and BoP actually out on the PS3 yet?

I keep checking but haven't looked in a few days...

1 week later
#293 11 years ago

Yeah, I mean..this is frankly getting a bit ridiculous. I'm NOT buying any more games on the iPhone. It's just too damn hard to see everything. I don't have an iPad and even if I did, I wouldn't buy them there because the thing is just damn unwieldy to hold and play a game like that.

They need to light a fire under Sony/MS's asses, or not release the phone content until there's 1 parity with the release dates.

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Frax said:I don't have an iPad and even if I did, I wouldn't buy them there because the thing is just damn unwieldy to hold and play a game like that.
I whole heartedily disagree. It's pretty seamless actually...you tap left or right on the screen...shake to nudge...and watch the ball as it rolls and bounces around a gorgeous REAL WORLD pinball table! It's not unwieldy at all..well...unless you have the hands of a small dog

Opposite actually. I have big huge gorilla hands with fat fingers. It hurts to hold the phone like that, even in landscape.

#308 11 years ago

Oh, and I did ask them what happens to the money over 55k. IF they don't reach 110 and people don't pull their donations like a bunch of dicks (My words. ) that extra money WILL go towards STTNG and they will make a second Kickstarter donation for the amount left needed to go towards it...so say they make it to 80k, they will make a second Kickstarter for 30k instead of 55 for STTNG. Think their bigger problem is getting people like me to contribute more.

I own a STTNG....and virtual balls ain't much of a motivator, but the op menus would be, if that was at the 25$ tier instead of the ludicrous 100$....no way in hell I'm paying that, even if I could afford to, sorry.

#321 11 years ago

Thank christ. I've been wanting BOP for the PS3 ever since I played it...*AT TPF*. DEAR. GOD.

Better believe I'm gonna crank the sound on that mother...

1 week later
#354 11 years ago

Just put up 454,509,660 on Monster Bash on my iphone. Epic game, Monster Bash activated twice, was ONE instrument away from Monsters of Rock, crap! 3 extra balls. And yes, I got hit by the Frankenstein camera bug in the middle of this epic game too.. =\

#356 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

My high on MB so far is: 756,132,140. That's one of the things I don't like about video pinball, it can be to easy, and make for VERY long games. I got Monsters of Rock my very first game ever haha...still fun though...

Well, considering I've played MB in person all of one time before, very briefly, I think I did pretty well. 236th on the overall board ain't too shabby for a lunchtime crapshoot. Sure my score would've been a lot higher had the cam not biffed during my 3rd Frank multiball and had I picked up that stupid last instrument and started Monsters.

1 month later
#439 11 years ago

Calm down.

MANY indie developers and Xbox Arcade devs have complained over the years about MS's policy regarding content practices. This is nothing new, it's just hitting you now because most developers go out of their way to kiss the rear of the hand that feeds them. Obviously, these guys didn't do that, now they're stuck in a poopy quagmire (alllllriiiight) of MS rejecting things for stupid stuff when they don't make the rules clear in the first place, then having to re--re-re-re-approve things as they're sent back in.

I have faith that Xbox will get updated...maybe not 1 parity with the PS3 or iPhone releases, but it will get updated. Eventually. =\

3 months later
#560 11 years ago

I love how they charged us for TOTAN already, now they want another 4 bucks to push the ball around the table and free scroll a camera? And if I don't buy it, I now get to permanently look at a big annoying "GO PRO!" decal on the table menu for TOTAN.

Go to hell, Farsight. Seriously.

#562 11 years ago

What is confusing me is how they want more money for the ROM menus and that garbage than what they were asking for the original table in the first place.

I don't need four bucks... I need 1400. Toyota is a POS and refuses to repair their failed ECM for my 2002 Rav4 even though it's a known defect, that there was a lawsuit over, on their behalf. No money on pinball until I either get my ECM fixed somehow or find a new car.

#564 11 years ago

LOL, no joke. I already have the arcade mod though, so at least the real gut-punch is out of the way...at least until Eli releases the hounds..

#566 11 years ago

I'm hoping I get mine the day before Thanksgiving. That would be epic win of an unbelievable magnitude...

#617 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

Geez, people whinging about cheap, good software not being free, great software. The pro table, if you want it, is the cost of a few LEDs, has a narrow audience and probably took hundreds of hours to produce.

You're obfuscating the point in order to make your own.

The point isn't that it costs a "few LEDs"....the point is that it costs more than the PLAYABLE TABLE. They're asking 1$ less for this "pro" unlock than they are charging for two new tables! If they spent hundreds of hours programming something for a "narrow audience", then that is their problem, and frankly, a bad business decision. If it was something one of the coders did as a side project on his own team for love of the game, then fantastic....but don't sell it to me at a cost that's implying it was more difficult or more work than originally building the table, physics, and software to play the game. That's BS. The emulation, *if* it's using actual rom images, inherently has to support this stuff ANYWAYS, it's just that the test switches were not exposed to us in software.

Allowing people to view the table from one angle? Yay? That was already in the code too, since the camera scrolls in the "attract" mode on the menu screen to show you the table. Again, just a matter of exposing control to the user.

The new EM table is fun, but have definitely seen some odd behavior... I had one shot hit FOUR drop targets on the same side all at the same time yesterday...

#620 11 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I think people just expect everything to be $1 in the App Store, and if it's not, let the bitching begin.

Speak for yourself, not everyone else. You don't have to expect everything to be 1 buck to understand that the value proposition that is being offered is pretty lame...

On the other end of the spectrum, Logic Factory charging 10 or 15$ for Ascendancy (A 15-20 year old game..) on iPhone was pretty ludicrous too, but nostalgia was the far greater driver, and I paid it. Happily. I'm sure there will be people who will do the same with the Pro option. Doesn't mean that everyone has to accept what is being offered as "a good deal".

#636 11 years ago
Quoted from adamprice271:

Does nobody even think of the fact that paying $5.00 for TWO tables, free play for life, is less than you would spend in a real pinball arcade in a few hours?

I don't believe anyone here was complaining about the cost of the tables themselves. Just saying..

Quoted from accidental:

Just a thought: I wonder whether the price of the pro mode for TOTAN is affected by the fact that they may have made a loss on this table including it in the paid version of the app. Considering the prices of all the other tables I wouldn't be surprised if the $0.99 price for the game with TOTAN included lost them at least a few dollars.

This is probably an excellent point.

10 months later
#1164 10 years ago

I finally had the last straw with TPA yesterday. IS ANYONE ELSE SICK AND TIRED OF REDOWNLOADING TABLES EVERY TIME THEY DO AN UPDATE?!!? Christ!

I am not spending another single cent on TPA games on my phone. Screw you, Farside. LERN 2 PATCH, KTHX. I'm not downloading 700MB+ over 3G/HSDP every freaking time you release 2 tables I couldn't give a crap less about!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 36.95
$ 15.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.95
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
$ 11.95
$ 9.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.