(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1232 10 years ago

Just saw this thread today, has anyone tried it out in portrait mode on a rotated monitor?

#1237 10 years ago

I have to download some utility to help with the lag, but once I got that running I was able to set all the video settings to their maximun. It looks good, maybe I'm expecting too much or maybe I'm sticking my nose to close to the screen but I do wish the textures were in extreme detail. The lag is gone thought, oh my gosh was that good to get fixed!

no portrait setting, they know that's what everyone wants!! I wonder if it will be an add on or pay feature in the future? Or will they try to sell a cabinet version of the software separately? Just speculating... still sad but at least I can play in 1920x1080 now instead of just on my phone! So happy

#1243 10 years ago

I got that email about portrait mode, I'm really excited about that!

#1266 10 years ago
Quoted from Baramos:

The delay in the flippers is a well-known issue and is usually attributable to HD. Playing this on an SD screen on PS3 has no lag, whereas I took it over to a friend's house to try it out in HD and there was some slightly noticeable lag. Other people have reported severe lag, depending on the HDTV. Some say none.
Not sure if you are using HD monitors or if those are affecting the same way an HDTV does, but that is one possibility.

Hmm... that is worth testing. In my office at home I use two 37" HD monitors connected via HDMI to my PC. It certainly isn't laggy from lack of performance (that's what he said). I never thought to test the game on my laptop Doing it now, I'll be back with an update.

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I got this set up on my cabinet today. I also got back glasses integrated and changing per game on the second monitor via an app I wrote. I find the physics way better than VP. Pinball fx is definitely a lot more solid than this. But I think this is definitely more realistic and playable than VP, which has such horrible flipper physics that it is not playable.

This is exactly where I'm trying to end up. If you have a thread with pics I'd love to see them!

#1269 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Just wondering for everyone that thinks PBA looks bad... what kind of video cards are you using and do you have everything turned off or what? I think PBA looks WAY better than VP and it looks a lot better than the ipad version.

It seems like it would be pretty easy to get max framerates with everything turned on at HD resolution with this game. It can't be that CPU/GPU intensive right? I know I thought the graphics were a little lacking at first until I realized I was expecting it to look like a real table and I had my head six inches from the TV.

If anything, they need a user flyable camera mode so you can explore each table in detail.

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

^^^ Anyone on PC definitely should check this out. It'll completely eliminate any flipper lag.

I'm using the ATI program but there is still very noticeable lag, it improved from before the utility, but as a test I had my boys play on my pc after putting in the fix and they all complained without any hint from me.

The lag is not so bad that you can't learn to compensate for it by flipping early, but it is bad enough that you won't be making any quick reflexive shots.

#1276 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

Have you tried running FRAPS to make sure your framerate is a solid 60fps?

Just did now, I see an occasional 59 but it's almost all 60 fps.

I was just thinking, maybe the delay is built in to the keyboard. There is some amount of travel in the keypress before it activates the key. I should test it with a wired controller.

As I'm playing it more I'm seeing that I am automatically adjusting for the lag so the gameplay is becoming more natural. But when I put one of my boys on the keyboard they inevitably drop a lot of balls down the middle as they are trying to hit an end of the flipper shot.

I'm a huge supporter of PBA, it's what got me introduced to pinball in the first place and I have it on Android, PS3, and now PC ... definitely not whining lol. I'm really dying to see this play snappy and quick so I can take the LCD I have in my closet and finally build a cabinet for it

The portrait mode is awesome btw, really really to be playing it like it's meant to be played.

Quoted from markmon:

And a monitor that supports a game mode is a must.

I should check this, I admit I was going to connect a computer monitor to my pc and see if that made a difference from using the TV's that are currently plugged in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=don1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.