(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#436 11 years ago

They are issuing the tables as title updates instead of stand-alone DLC. Nearly every Xbox game has stand-alone DLC, so I'm not sure why they insist on shoehorning everything into a title update. Sounds like an issue with the programming more than Microsoft limitations. MS limits title updates to 4mb, they were granted twice that under an appeal. Meanwhile DLC can be 1.5 GB! JUST DO DLC. It's beyond me why they don't do DLC unless title updates are cheaper to release than DLC and Farsight is afraid of losing their shirt. Again, even budget titles have DLC, so I just don't get it... What a letdown for console fans...

#442 11 years ago
Quoted from emb531:

You're right, you don't get it. The title update needs to be so large because of all the code changes for the new tables, as well as updates to the old tables. There is a lot more going on in the back end then you realize.

Can they patch it in several small doses? Hearing what the guys behind 'Fez' have been going through, it sounds like MS charges a fee for each patch/title update. Maybe FS is going for the most bang-for-their-buck? I'm sure they want the tables to hit consoles just as bad as the rest of us do. I wonder if indie devs have tried a mass petition of MS to change their policies? It's odd that Android and Apple are in a similar position, but give their devs more freedom.

1 week later
#501 11 years ago

I love the NASCAR table, but I'd be down for some HD. Haven't played it in real life very much...

8 months later
#943 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Anybody try DLing this pack yet?? The ps3 version doesn't show up and the VITA version gets DLed but when I transfer the file to my VITA....the 2 tables are nowhere to be found in PA app in game?? Something isn't working properly with this new pack.

Sony was late releasing the patch. It's up now though. Try again. I played it on the PS3, haven't tried it again on the Vita yet. Dr. Dude is a cluster. Hard to tell what is what, but the shots feel good.

#958 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Got Dr dude and FP today on PS3. Is it me or is FP way too brutal than the actual pin?

I played a nice one this weekend and definately did better, but I also had a few awful games! This was a very satisfying table on the old Williams Collection, so I hope to get better at it.

#959 10 years ago

I'm not noticing a ton of lag, but I don't expect dead-on virtual physics. It's hard as hell to play the real tables while lying in bed, so I'm happy with whatever pinball video games they throw my way.

4 weeks later
#989 10 years ago

Go vote! A list of the usual suspects with a lot of games omitted. At least you can vote for as many tables as you'd like (no love for 'Corvette'? C'MON!)

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4615-I-d-Buy-That-Table-An-Unofficial-Poll

4 weeks later
#1009 10 years ago

I probably bought that same 1-3 HDMI splitter too, and its awesome. If you have two systems, and turn one on after the other, it automatically switches to the 'new' signal. If you then turn it off, it switches back to the 'old' signal. All without having to get up and hit the button. I have my OUYA in there as well, and its made the whole thing very convenient.

#1011 10 years ago

ALSO, the OUYA version SUCKS. I need to link up my xbox controller to the OUYA and try it that way. I should say, the OUYA controller really does suck. The version felt really bad, but it might be the controller leading to a ton of flipper lag.

#1030 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

Tee'd Off is fantastic, going nuts sucks donkey nuts. The Teed off from the old HoF on PSP was awesome, so I hope they got a good HD re-digitised version going.

I love Goin' Nuts! Constant timed multiball. What's not to like? (besides the hokey theme)

1 week later
#1050 10 years ago

Beat me to it! Yup. Looking forward to both.

#1058 10 years ago

Holy jeeze, I suck at Centaur. I'm surprised 'Spell ORBS' is a standard goal, as is 1-2-3-4 in order. Friggin' tough enough in real life, nevertheless virtually.

1 month later
#1090 10 years ago
Quoted from rustybomber79:

Anybody heard any news on getting the new tables to Xbox Live again? I keep hearing "soon" but nothing happens....

Microsoft is going to allow self-publishing later this month. At that point, Farsight won't need a publisher and should be able to release all the previous packs. I would guess it will happen in the next month or so? (I have no idea.)

#1103 10 years ago

Think Teed Off and Sorcerer for September?

#1106 10 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

There was a time when Farsight said that Farsight was one of the few games from Pinball Hall of Fame that they wouldn't be redoing for Pinball Arcade.

Er, which game? Jive Time?

Victory is miserable. Not looking forward to that one. I would guess there is zero chance of the flipperless Playboy getting ported over either...?

#1126 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

How about they release some for the Xbox 360? I know, I know, they said end of August but that is only a few days away and haven't heard squat, so not holding my breath.

The publishing changes start rolling out this month. It looks like it is going to go in stages, not all at once, so they may or may not be able to publish immediately. It seems like it might be related to the upcoming currency change from points to 'dollars'. They are slowly rolling it out to different venues as they eliminate points. That's just me speculating because they seem to share a similar time-frame.

#1128 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The said that in August 2012 was well

It all has to do with the new Microsoft publishing changes. Farsights publisher went bankrupt and pulled the plug on them. Microsoft is about to let developers self-publish, so they should come fairly soon. I'm kinda wondering if they're going to have to relaunch the whole game on the 360. Seems weird that they will be self-publishing DLC for a game that they didn't 'publish'...

#1130 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Who knows... my Xbox One should be here in approximately 90 days. Even if this was released today, like I am going to load up $100+ dollars of virtual pinball games onto a console that is on its way out...

Great point! I'm not sure of their XboxOne plans right now, other than they'll get it going eventually. They seem to be pretty quick about reaching new platforms, like the Vita and OUYA...

3 weeks later
#1137 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Hmmm. Is it the end of August yet? At this point I have given up on ever seeing these on my Xbox. Its a shame, I would probably buy every single table.

Microsoft began rolling out self publishing at that point, its not necessarily a release date for new content from any developer. It looks like they began the application process in August. More info here: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/20/microsoft-starts-independent-developers-xbox-self-publishing/

I still love that everyone thinks Farsight doesn't want to sell games on Xbox, the largest console base in the country. Like they're doing it on purpose to piss everyone off. Everyone is so bitter about it, but the people who should be the most pissed off are Farsight! They're losing the sales, and they've been very professional about this whole mess. Their hands have been tied for nearly a year now, I feel bad for Farsight, but I'm glad they have kept rolling out new tables month after month.

Also, even Farsight says that from a performance standpoint, the Xbox is the definitive version.

Post edited by callmesteam : Spelling

1 week later
#1161 10 years ago

Hate to be 'that guy', but Victory is easily the worst game to hit TPA yet... It's a major dud on the Gottlieb Collection. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but ouch...

#1163 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I'm sure Farsight is doing them because they already have much if the work in place to redo them versus a totally new table but, thankfully, they're almost out if them. We still got Victory, Sorcerer (which is a pretty decent pin) and another Gottlieb EM that I can't think of the name.

Yeah, Sorcerer is great, and I'd even be down for 'Jive Time' too. I'm told they were initially just doing pins they owned, and someone at FS owned a Victory. Now they have to acquire the pins to get them into the game (obviously). I always wondered why Victory was in there, but now it makes sense. I'd be ok if they put the Playboy bagatelle in there as a free download. That game was hard as hell on the Gottlieb collection! I don't really see people paying for it though. El Dorado still hasn't been ported either. Meh...

#1167 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

actually for TPA they rescan all the tables at hiresolution, its not a port of the old gottlieb collection stuff. All new emulation code in TPA vs the old collections.
also Farsite said Sorcerer is not coming over, so dont expect it in TPA, same as the old EM your thinking off Jive Time is not coming either.

Why not bring Sorcerer over? Everyone digs that game...

#1172 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I know that the Gottlieb license is pretty much unlimited and, I think, so is the Stern/Sega/DE one.

Sweet! Here comes Shaq Attack, Sharky's Shootout, Cue Ball Wizard, Big Hurt, Big House, Raven, Rock Encore, Hollywood Heat, Secret Service, etc.

I have my donation to the Barb Wire kickstarter in hand, ready to go.

3 weeks later
#1195 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Oh here is the hint for table pack 20

tablepack20.jpg 461 KB

El Dorado and...

#1196 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I am hopeful for Cue Ball Wizard actually. I played that a lot in college and loved it. I know its not so popular and really only one shot... But id like to see it on pinball arcade. Its the pin that got me hooked on pinball.

I actually agree! CBW is a lot of fun, and is a good looking game when you walk up to it...

1 month later
#1328 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Aaaand FarSight (surprise!) announces three more tables: JY, WD, and BK2K. STAND UP AND FIGHT!

Source? I didn't see anything on their Facebook page. Also, awesome! It will be great to spend some time with Who Dunnit?

4 months later
#1443 9 years ago

TFTC is Data East. Have they swung any DE or Sega games over under the Stern banner?

1 month later
#1489 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

What happened to diner ?

I think Diner is the August table. After HRC

1 month later
#1529 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Here's the hint. Looks like it will be BSD, after all.

R1weKNA-129.jpg 31 KB

Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't get a BSD reference there. Not saying that it's NOT BSD, I have a strong rumor that it is, I just don't get the reference if it's there.

#1533 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballhunter:

Google "look at me i'm helpless as a" Guess what comes up that's musical "Misty" as in Mist multiball then someone also said La Paloma is the name of the california estate of Bela Lugosi, so it does sound likely that it is BSD

Wow... that's pretty cryptic! I'm impressed that they came up with it, and someone solved it.

9 months later
#1901 8 years ago

Xbox 360 tables updated after 18 months...?

1 week later
#1906 8 years ago

Xenon out now... On mobile anyway

4 weeks later
#1926 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1930 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I got the new version on my iPhone yesterday. Maybe they roll out updates over a few days to users like they roll out OS updates over a few weeks to all users?

I was able to download the iOS update on my iPad Mini early Saturday morning... check again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callmesteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=callmesteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.