(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#608 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Are Farsight even trying to make their tables roughly the same difficulty as the real things cos they're way off so far.

I have seen others state that Farsight has publicly mentioned they deliberately make their tables easier than in real life; from what I have played I can see this is the case.

Given the added difficulty of playing with a touchpad on a small screen (say on my phone) I can't disagree with this decision. Also, face facts true believer... most people are terrible pinball players.

Even people who apparently own machines in some cases can't be bothered to learn (or just can't learn) their rules, either organically or by reading a rules sheet. How far gone do you think someone who is super casual and has never played a real pinball machine would be?

2 months later
#697 11 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

the outlanes are killing me on sttng..i've only played the real pin for like 5 min. Is it that tough on the real one?

Said in an Ah-nuld voice: STTNG is one of the pins that sep-ur-ates real players from ze weak little baby mehn.

Its a challenge and actually punishes you for missed shots (more accurately just a single missed shot...). If you don't like it I can understand, but its consistent challenge is what has kept me coming back to it over the years. That and I like the theme...

1 month later
#811 11 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

That they did. Xbox kickstarters have the right to be upset. No way should they have said that knowing that their game is tied up in court.

I chose the 360 as one of my options for my kickstarter reward knowing this could drag out. I am surprised this has gone on as long as it has.

It is okay to be pissed at the company for these delays, however your frustration is misplaced unless you feel they have specifically lied to you (I could see being frustrated that even the most cautious possible release dates have been blown by).

From their perspective, every day that this drags out means lost sales, lost sales, lost sales. If you think that is their great master plan, to release a game and then do their best to not sell it to one of their largest markets (the 360) I have some bad news for you: not even Stern pinball would come up with this plan.

It sucks for them, sucks for us, and even sucks for Microsoft as they are not getting their slice of the pie (I am sure it is an insiginificant amount for MS, but they would still be happy with the cash rather than not having it).

3 months later
#1002 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

They said they are hoping to have all of the 360 tables released by the end of summer. They finally got some kind of resolution with the bankruptcy court regarding their publisher on the 360.

Summer... of what year

With a new Xbox console launching I think they are screwed no matter what.

With what a $100? in tables backlogged, I would buy a few for my 360, but I am not dumping big money (for downloadable games) into a game that won't play on a console I am likely upgrading to by the end of the year.

I will hopefully still keep my 360 hooked up, but I am out of HDMI ports on my receiver... and only so much room under the TV.

1 week later
#1041 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

And BC_Gambit, Check out Amazon. Just bought a 1 to 3 port HDMI adapter for 4 bucks. Works great.

Quoted from callmesteam:

I probably bought that same 1-3 HDMI splitter too, and its awesome. If you have two systems, and turn one on after the other, it automatically switches to the 'new' signal. If you then turn it off, it switches back to the 'old' signal. All without having to get up and hit the button. I have my OUYA in there as well, and its made the whole thing very convenient.

Cool, thank you for the heads up and the details... that sounds like one of those rare inventions that is too good to be true.

1 week later
#1054 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I would have if they ever released TZ for the 360 which I donated for, when did I do that over a year ago? I check this thread every time I see new posts hoping they finally got the whole xbox thing sorted out, disappointed again.

Same here, I have nothing against Farsight, and I did get a copy of the game I kickstarted on my phone, but the $60K price tag coupled with 360 disappointment has be chillin' in regards to this kickstarter (so far).

I still like the spirit of their product, nobody else is trying to do these games the justice that Farsight has done them. The delivery on my console of choice has been terrible for both me as a consumer and them as a company.

I might cave at the last minute if they need a bit of a push to meet the target...

1 month later
#1129 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

It all has to do with the new Microsoft publishing changes. Farsights publisher went bankrupt and pulled the plug on them. Microsoft is about to let developers self-publish, so they should come fairly soon. I'm kinda wondering if they're going to have to relaunch the whole game on the 360. Seems weird that they will be self-publishing DLC for a game that they didn't 'publish'...

Who knows... my Xbox One should be here in approximately 90 days. Even if this was released today, like I am going to load up $100+ dollars of virtual pinball games onto a console that is on its way out...

1 year later
#1595 9 years ago

I know I'm not the only fool who keeps opening this thread hoping for news about the Xbox one version (360 version may as well stay dead at this point...).

#1597 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

There were recent interviews with Mr. Bobby King; he did give out info about the Xbox One: It's going into certification at the end of this week
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/8841-Join-Our-Live-Interview-with-Bobby-King-on-Monday-9-22-(Allgames-com)

That's cool. I look forward to it whenever it drops.

Part of me remebers hearing similar news about the 360 version seeminly a few months ago... and that has gone nowhere... but hey it will be out when its out.

2 weeks later
#1613 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

.....taking kickstarter money from people and yet still crickets on Xbox 360, I'm sure glad I bought those tables!

For the 360 version, I just think:

Xbox One version, where are you?

1 month later
#1685 9 years ago

Big news to me anyways in the recent farsight email, Xbox one version should be here "soonish":

Great news everyone!!! The Xbox One version has finally cleared certification! We are on to the retail testing phase which should be done by next week.

This long awaited release is finally coming and we are very excited that Pinball Arcade will finally be available before Christmas with Season One, Two AND Three!!!

#1692 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Does this include the 360 version?
There was no mention of the season's being available, All that has to get certified also, I'm sure some will be available at launch/relaunch but I wouldn't expect them all to be there when it goes live, there are still tables unavailable on PS4.
I've heard this before from Farsight, I'll believe it when I can download it.

Same here, and I am sure mention of the 360 version was not accidental. HOPEFULLY we see the XBONE one before christmas, I am hoping ven before December... but it will be for sale when its for sale.

I am pretty sure Farsight has not been deliberately trying to sabotage itself for ? number of years now...

#1698 9 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Actually Farsight said it will be next Friday instead of tomorrow. They need to set the Microsoft store up for release.

Whaaat?

We'll see I guess. I was looking forward to playing it, I am sure I can wait a week though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 45.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.