(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpiffyRob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#812 11 years ago

On the game's dedicated forum, one of the members who appears to have some inside knowledge (and has made plenty of accurate guesses before) speculated that the new, mystery publisher might be none other than Microsoft Game Studios themselves.

If so, it's entirely possible that they are just sitting on the release, waiting for an okay from the courts, and will make it live as soon as the ruling goes through. This would also mean it would be much easier to stay current with future releases.

FarSight clearly has made some missteps (and the lack of a PC version is laughable, though publishing with M$ should help with this too) and I, too, am frustrated, but I think there's a good chance that in the next month or so they'll be caught up on all platforms.

2 weeks later
#849 11 years ago

Really good news on the PC front. Bobby made it sound as if having it on Steam is pretty much a done deal. Fingers crossed we'll see it soon.

4 months later
#1067 10 years ago

The XBOX nightmare *may* soon be over. From their most recent newsletter:

As many of our fans have noticed, the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade is no longer available in the Live Arcade store. Our publisher for the 360 version recently emerged from bankruptcy and we'd been told that we would be allowed to immediately submit all of the unreleased Table Packs to our long-suffering 360 users. Unfortunately, Microsoft has elected to revoke the publisher's license agreement (which is why the Pinball Arcade is temporarily not available in the store). However, we have some very good news to share- Microsoft has just announced that indie developers (like FarSight) can now self-publish on Xbox Live Arcade instead of being required to find publishers for their games. This means we can bring the Pinball Arcade back to the 360 ourselves, and also opens the door to an Xbox One version of the Pinball Arcade in the future! Microsoft has stated that the new program will open in August- we will do everything we can to get the Pinball Arcade (and all of the new Table Packs) back on the Xbox 360 as quickly as possible.

I'll save the celebration for when I see it back in the store, but fingers crossed.

3 weeks later
#1100 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I saw the next table pack is T2 and another mystery table.

T2 will be the only table in "pack" 17, for what it's worth. That's the strategy they've taken with the previous Kickstarter tables.

Been part of Beta testing on Android. It's a pretty good recreation, but there are a lot of collision problems that I've seen (balls going through the skull, for instance.) Really hoping they get that cleaned up before release or people will be pissed.

Truth be told, it's not my favorite table. Really fun IRL, but everything's so easy on TPA compared to real tables, and T2 isn't super deep, so it get old pretty quickly IMHO.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1102 10 years ago

Good chance Teed Off will be a part of the next pack after T2. There's an image of the flyer in the pictures for the Season 2 subscription on PS3.

#1104 10 years ago

There was a time when Farsight said that Sorcerer was one of the few games from Pinball Hall of Fame that they wouldn't be redoing for Pinball Arcade. I hope they've changed their mind, it's one of my favorites from that collection.

Regardless: They've yet to do a pack that had two previous PHOF tables, so it's probably going to be Teed Off and something new. Eight Ball Deluxe, maybe? High Speed?

The PC Beta also contains references to Ace High and Victory (both of which were in PHOF), so we'll likely see them coming soon too.

#1107 10 years ago

Derp. Sorcerer. Post edited.

Sorcerer, Jive Time and Strikes N' Spares were the ones they were going to leave behind, IIRC.

#1116 10 years ago

Big Shot is one of my most played tables. It's a great table in real life, and Farsight nailed the execution.

With time on my hands, the DMD tables definitely get a lot more attention, but if I need a quick fix on the road, I often fire up Big Shot.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#1140 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Microsoft began rolling out self publishing at that point, its not necessarily a release date for new content from any developer.

Unfortunately, while self-publishing has been announced for XBone, there hasn't been any word of it on the 360. It's a shame Farsight announced that that would be an option. Maybe it still will be, maybe they're screwed, but for now all we can do is keep waiting.

FWIW, I'm in the PC Beta and it's looking very good. I've just been playing on my relatively low-power HTPC, and I've had no performance issues. I'm happy with this arrangement, but I know it won't be an option for all 360 owners.

#1146 10 years ago

Full cabinet support is probably a ways off. Hoping a locked portrait view comes before too long (I have a VP cabinet.)

1 month later
#1280 10 years ago

Yep, manually rotate your display, then run the config utility and you'll see the rotated resolution as an option (For me, 1920x1080 was landscape, so after I rotated, I saw 1080x1920)

Beautiful graphics and no flipper lag from the first time I booted it up. I'm just using a two-monitor mini cab (no DMD) so if we get Active Backglasses and user-defined DMD position, I'll have all I need (though will keep my fingers crossed for real DMD support, LEDwiz support, plungers, etc etc, for all my tricked out cab friends.)

#1282 10 years ago

I think it really depends on your setup. No flipper cutoff problems in the tables I've tried, and the graphics run circles around even the nicest new 9.1.6 VP tables.

Make sure post-processing and anti-aliasing are turned on: Both are off by default.

As a first release, really smooth. Update coming soon intended to address some of the bigger issues:

Because the changelist for 1.19.6 is a little small, here's a peek at changes that will be released with the next stable build:
- Fix for portrait cameras cutting off the flippers.
- Rumble On/Off in table settings.
- Dual-stage flippers On/Off in table settings.
- Reverse nudge On/Off in table settings.
- Event cameras On/Off in table settings.
- Sound Options menu to adjust levels for sound effects, table music, and menu music in the Options menu.
- Fixes for various application focus issues, such as input being processed when dismissing the Steam overlay or when the application doesn't have focus.
- Camera flyby properly restores after exiting table exploration.
- Fix for controllers on high-score initials entry in portrait.

#1288 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll post a link to my app to do changing back glasses and instructions on a second monitor later today. Its an extension of the one I wrote for pinball fx2.

Happy to be a guinea pig for this, thank you! I was toying with the idea of just putting all the backglass images in a folder and slideshowing to the appropriate one. Yours sounds slightly more elegant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SpiffyRob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th?tu=SpiffyRob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.