(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,473 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by LynnInDenver
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 88 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It's a complete copy of Haunted House isn't it??? Which is a great theme and artwork, but the play itself is pretty shitey IMO...

Re-skinned Haunted House with some sort of multiball added in as far as I understand it. Damn near couldn't have chosen a worse starting table out of the ones they've done.

5 months later
#1884 4 years ago

They've also opened up beta testing for DX11 lighting on Steam to the public. It looks stupid good now.

3 months later
#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Any of you guys having issues with the safecracker standard goals on PC or other platforms? For whatever reason the "achieve a sewer award" one isn't working for me- you don't have to do something crazy like get all five do you?

Yes. Well, in that I had an issue getting it to trigger. No particular rhyme or reason to it as far as I can tell. Took 2-3 games where I know damn well that I collected multiple sewer awards before the goal triggered.

Farsite being Farsite, basically.

1 month later
#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'm just stating one of the downfalls of the game. There almost needs to be some more randomness coded in, so scoops don't shoot the exact same way everytime, and the table doesn't play the exact same every time.

Amen. Far too many of the tables on TPA are too predictable. It's a little annoying that I know that it will take literal hours to set a new high score on certain tables. Nearly any table where you can earn unlimited extra balls is no longer that fun to play. Want to set a new high score - earn extra balls until you're maxed out, and then spam one or two shots as long as you can. Drain? Re-earn another extra ball to replace the one you lost and go back to it.

Still good for learning rule sets, and a cheap form of entertainment, but it would be nice if the games were a bit more random.

2 years later
#2375 1 year ago

Little pricing error going on over at Steam.

Seasons 2 and 5 were marked down 50% to $15 at the start of the sale. Thought about grabbing 5 then.

Just went back again, and at some point, season 5's base price got knocked down to $15. Just grabbed it half off for $7.50.
Same-ish with the pro pack if you prefer. Base price got dropped to $20. Currently on sale for $10.

Edit - Holy Hell I had forgotten how awful the interface was. Hadn't bought tables since season 4, rarely played since the DX11 update, nor played at all since June or so. What a shit show Farsight is. I used to play this a LOT. 100s of hours on Steam. I think this is getting relegated to "good for learning a table's rules" only for here on out. I'm not masochistic enough to play this for fun.

4 months later
#2405 1 year ago

Screenshot (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside