(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 50.
#301 11 years ago

New stretch goal on the kickstarter.

#302 11 years ago

they just hit $50K. w00t!!!

#303 11 years ago

they just hit their goal...over $55K now.

#304 11 years ago

Someone/someones must have ponied up big time. The number of backers didn't climb that much.

#305 11 years ago

I have this on Xbox & ipad3.

It looks amazing on the iPad, the Xbox360 version looks very poor in comparison for some reason.

Anything they put out I will download, "GORGAR need DLC"

#306 11 years ago

Think it was a mistake to include STTNG on the TZ Kickstarter. They should have done a separate one IMO. I suspect a lot of people will start backing out their pledges when it gets to the end and it isn't close to $110K.

Hope I'm wrong, but...

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Frax said:I don't have an iPad and even if I did, I wouldn't buy them there because the thing is just damn unwieldy to hold and play a game like that.
I whole heartedily disagree. It's pretty seamless actually...you tap left or right on the screen...shake to nudge...and watch the ball as it rolls and bounces around a gorgeous REAL WORLD pinball table! It's not unwieldy at all..well...unless you have the hands of a small dog

Opposite actually. I have big huge gorilla hands with fat fingers. It hurts to hold the phone like that, even in landscape.

#308 11 years ago

Oh, and I did ask them what happens to the money over 55k. IF they don't reach 110 and people don't pull their donations like a bunch of dicks (My words. ) that extra money WILL go towards STTNG and they will make a second Kickstarter donation for the amount left needed to go towards it...so say they make it to 80k, they will make a second Kickstarter for 30k instead of 55 for STTNG. Think their bigger problem is getting people like me to contribute more.

I own a STTNG....and virtual balls ain't much of a motivator, but the op menus would be, if that was at the 25$ tier instead of the ludicrous 100$....no way in hell I'm paying that, even if I could afford to, sorry.

#309 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I own a STTNG....and virtual balls ain't much of a motivator, but the op menus would be, if that was at the 25$ tier instead of the ludicrous 100$....no way in hell I'm paying that, even if I could afford to, sorry.

I still don't get the whole having to pay for the operator menu thing. Seems like something that should just be included with all the tables like it is with their competitor's games.

#310 11 years ago

I find it odd that the 55K for ST:TNG is exactly the same amount needed for the licensing of TZ. I really hope we aren't being taken for a ride in our support.

#311 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I find it odd that the 55K for ST:TNG is exactly the same amount needed for the licensing of TZ. I really hope we aren't being taken for a ride in our support.

i don't think that's the case. if you kept up with things and read the FAQs, they basically said they thought the licenses would be about the same.

they've been pretty straight forward through this whole thing......i would be shocked if we're being "taken for a ride"....

#312 11 years ago

Minor update available for iOS.

Didn't see the list of what the update did, but CV now has the DMD in the playfield by default and the ball physics seem to be a little less floaty.

#313 11 years ago

Ripley's is a pretty good distraction at work

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from Twitch_Boy:

Didn't see the list of what the update did, but CV now has the DMD in the playfield by default and the ball physics seem to be a little less floaty.

it's still buggy. I've had 3 games so far today where 2 balls were ejected into the launch lane at the beginning of a game causing you to have to tap the screen multiple times to get them to actually launch (the weight of the 2 balls is apparently too heavy to launch them properly, which causes them to shoot about 3/4 of the way up)

and since the screen changes position to playfield view when it happens, you can't see that they are still stuck in the launch lane. by tapping the screen rapidly, it's the same effect as launching, so eventually you get one ball onto the playfield and then the next one follows with your next tap

#315 11 years ago

I've had some bugs too. It regularly flashes "WATCH JUGGLER FOR KICKOUT" at me when there is no ball there, mainly at the start of games.

The king was when the game refused to register balls draining after I joined the Cirqus and got stuck in Party Multiball after my last ball drained. Cost me a 98M game.

#316 11 years ago

They fixed the issue with Black Hole's lower playfield. Before it would keep resetting the ball save gate on you. Now it operates properly, makes the game 1000 times better...the older games play even better than the new ones..they should do more 80's stuff

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#317 11 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Migueal,
The TOTAN in the Hall of Fame vs. the TOTAN in the Pinball Arcade are vastly different with the latter being far superior -- much better looking and way faster (plus an extra ball at 8m!). I would expect a similar treatment with MM.
The only thing I wish Pinball Arcade featured that the Hall of Fame does are the unlockables for the table once you complete the wizard goals. In Pinball Arcade, the only unlockable is to turn off tilt. In Hall of Fame, you get to unlock customizable balls, turn off tilt and play a mirrored version of the table which flips everything from one side of the table to the other -- it's a blast playing these tables "backwards." Maybe in a future update???

I agree with this. (BK backwards is awesome!) Access to operator settings should be in there too--how hard can it be if they're emulating the game code? Also, what I *don't* like about PA TOTAN is that the ball bounces around a lot when captured by the Genie magnet (with associated controller rumbles) on the xbox version. The magnet should hold the ball still. Their damping factor isn't large enough, or something....

#318 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

They fixed the issue with Black Hole's lower playfield. Before it would keep resetting the ball save gate on you. Now it operates properly, makes the game 1000 times better...the older games play even better than the new ones..they should do more 80's stuff

Agreed. Black Hole plays great now. The new iOS update is good stuff. Nudging works a lot better now too.

#319 11 years ago

News from the FACEBOOK page for the Xbox and PS3 gamers:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's a status update on new tables for our long-suffering console fans!

The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of PinBot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.

The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.

We have been having difficulty getting Microsoft to approve the new tables for the Xbox 360. The problem centers around a little-known Microsoft limitation of 4 MB on the size of the title update for the game code. We can package the data for each table separately, but the code for the new tables is larger than 4 MB and must be in the update. We have finally convinced them to grant us an exception, so we'll be resubmitting all 4 new tables tomorrow and rolling them out to you just as quickly as we can. We'll announce the date when we know it.

The European versions of the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games will reach the end of their certification cycles this week. We hope to have dates to report to you very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your patience as we work to get these released- we know how frustrating it is to not be able to play these great new tables. We apologize if sometimes it seems we're slow on releasing information, but we don't want to give you a date that turns out later to be wrong. We do read every post, email, and rant.

Thanks again for supporting us!

#320 11 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

News from the FACEBOOK page for the Xbox and PS3 gamers:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's a status update on new tables for our long-suffering console fans!

The first table pack (Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot) will be released for the PS Vita on June 12th, and for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th.

The second table pack (Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse) will be released for the PlayStation 3 on June 26th and for the PS Vita on July 3rd.

We have been having difficulty getting Microsoft to approve the new tables for the Xbox 360. The problem centers around a little-known Microsoft limitation of 4 MB on the size of the title update for the game code. We can package the data for each table separately, but the code for the new tables is larger than 4 MB and must be in the update. We have finally convinced them to grant us an exception, so we'll be resubmitting all 4 new tables tomorrow and rolling them out to you just as quickly as we can. We'll announce the date when we know it.

The European versions of the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games will reach the end of their certification cycles this week. We hope to have dates to report to you very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your patience as we work to get these released- we know how frustrating it is to not be able to play these great new tables. We apologize if sometimes it seems we're slow on releasing information, but we don't want to give you a date that turns out later to be wrong. We do read every post, email, and rant.

Thanks again for supporting us!

Finally, I can stop checking the PS Store every Tuesday and getting disappointed every time.

#321 11 years ago

Thank christ. I've been wanting BOP for the PS3 ever since I played it...*AT TPF*. DEAR. GOD.

Better believe I'm gonna crank the sound on that mother...

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#323 11 years ago

SO shafted! I only have an xbox! This is the worst thing to happen to pinball since waffles and everyone starting a new thread for their x-men opinion rather than just post on someone else's thread!

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

We have been having difficulty getting Microsoft to approve the new tables for the Xbox 360. The problem centers around a little-known Microsoft limitation of 4 MB on the size of the title update for the game code.

Isn't that what a company's legal team/department is for? You would think a company that big would have to have at least 1 lawyer on staff. Will WOZ actually be released before the "May expansion pack?

1 week later
#325 11 years ago

Not sure if this is old news, but looks like MB and Gorgar is out now on iOS. Downloading it now.

#326 11 years ago

"Not sure if this is old news, but looks like MB and Gorgar is out now on iOS. Downloading it now."

Just downloaded. Camera busted in Frank multiball

#327 11 years ago

ugh, hurry up with the xbox releases already!

#328 11 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not sure if this is old news, but looks like MB and Gorgar is out now on iOS. Downloading it now.

Great to see MB on there. I've bought all of the them on iOS so far. Fun, but there are still some glitches, like the "ball through the flipper" thing that happens occasionally.

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

"Not sure if this is old news, but looks like MB and Gorgar is out now on iOS. Downloading it now."

What device are you on, the Frank multiball worked fine on my iPhone 4. It zoomed in at the very start then zoomed back out to the flippers.

#330 11 years ago

My frank multiball was fine a couple times, but then it locked up on a view where you couldn't see the flippers. I'm using newest iphone...it plays great though...

#331 11 years ago

Ya mine looked up too

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Rapidly hit the flippers when you first start that mode. It skips the intro but resets the camera so you can play it out. A workaround until they fix it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#333 11 years ago

The Kickstarter campaign was a huge success: TZ is coming to The Pinball Arcade!

#334 11 years ago

Frank multiball still f's up all the time...how could they not play test these games before they release them? Blackholes lower playfield rules were hooped for a long time too...

I have bought ALL the tables for my new iphone. But when I bought Gorgar/Monster Bash it added a whole new app onto my phone. So my original tables can only be loaded on the original app, and the 2 new tables can only be loaded on the new app.

I sent them a message, but haven't heard back squat yet...

#335 11 years ago

This app is what got me here and into pinball in general. Just bought the rest of the pins with my Father's Day Itunes card! TOTAN is ridiculously good.

#336 11 years ago

I believe they've totally overlooked the necessity of zooming in on playfield flippers when relevant.

Played a bit of Funhouse and had trouble, to say the least, on consistant Rudy/trap shots.

#337 11 years ago

Is there any way to flip the right flipper at the start of Monster Bash for Lyman's Lament? Left flipper works, but right just plunges the ball.

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from Twitch_Boy:

Is there any way to flip the right flipper at the start of Monster Bash for Lyman's Lament? Left flipper works, but right just plunges the ball.

this was messed up for the ios version of medieval madness as well (which didn't allow you to hold the left flipper to launch the ball around the left orbit)

#339 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

TZ is coming to The Pinball Arcade!

At the rate they are going with the 360, I might see TZ in 2013. Probably 2014 if there are any more "little known" Microsoft rules that their legal staff fails to see.

#340 11 years ago

I am also waiting for the xbox dlc. I have been stuck with the core games since the beginning!

#341 11 years ago

They fixed MM's super skill shot, but there appears to be no way to do Lyman's Lement yet. We also have had the issue that the original 4 tables now think they need to be paid for again to keep them. As we have bought all the tables this is very annoying. We have emailed them and they said to give it a couple days.

I do like the speed that the phone releases are cranking out, I really don't like waiting for the ps3 ones. Hopefully they'll bring in that tournament mode so it can be as fun as playing Zen/Marvel pinball online soon.

#342 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

They fixed MM's super skill shot, but there appears to be no way to do Lyman's Lement yet. We also have had the issue that the original 4 tables now think they need to be paid for again to keep them. As we have bought all the tables this is very annoying. We have emailed them and they said to give it a couple days.
I do like the speed that the phone releases are cranking out, I really don't like waiting for the ps3 ones. Hopefully they'll bring in that tournament mode so it can be as fun as playing Zen/Marvel pinball online soon.

It's very annoying to have to keep waiting for them to download again even after you have purchased and downloaded them before. I love the games and have bought every pack of content, but I would just like the tables to stay on my iPad or iPhone. There have been times when I couldn't play because I wasn't on a network to download. Bummer, especially when you are on a plane for 4-5 hours.

#343 11 years ago

add to that, now the icon for pinball arcade (on ios) is now just a white square (at least for me, it is)

#344 11 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

add to that, now the icon for pinball arcade (on ios) is now just a white square (at least for me, it is)

My icon for it updates to the newest games every time it updates on my devices (iOS/iPhone/iPad), currently MB and Gorgar shown with the Monster heads above "Monster".

#345 11 years ago

I think thats from the update @j_m_.. mine changed to include "Monster Bash" and "Grogar" in the icon, but its hard to tell. Mine is on AndroidOS.

-j

#346 11 years ago

Is the update available for the Iphone yet? If it is for some reason I am not getting it.

#347 11 years ago
Quoted from tonystein24:

Is the update available for the Iphone yet? If it is for some reason I am not getting it.

Yes. You have to update app through store, then purchase the tables through the app.

#348 11 years ago
Quoted from Metalpin:

Yes. You have to update app through store, then purchase the tables through the app.

Great thank you!

#349 11 years ago
Quoted from tonystein24:

There's 2 different iOS releases. A paid version and a free version. The free version is not released yet but the paid one is. Some people have complained about technical issues from owning both versions on the same device so I'm just waiting till my version of the code gets an update via app store and then purchase the new tables in game.

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

They fixed MM's super skill shot

True, they fixed the MM skill shot. Now if only they would fix the troll bomb and MM video mode "raven smart bomb." The way it stands right now, if you get a troll bomb, the next time you touch anywhere on the screen, it uses the troll bomb. The same goes for the beginning of bid mode: the first time you touch the screen to move the farmer left or right, it uses the raven bomb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.