(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.
#2451 5 years ago

the odd thing is Acrooda Pinball which is developed by a Newcastle company in Australia is selling digital pinballs with the Acrooda Pinball Arcade package installed with all the Bally / WMS titles in it so they must of got the license and Farsight / Pinball Arcade still involved.

Also this is made in Chicago, not sure by whom ??

https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-machines/pinball-machines/arcooda-pinball-standard-arcooda/17664-1.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLcQVUp5aZ6csufdlCJ3KjYsGM82Ifhc_p&time_continue=3&v=te3dxvfeWDQ

#2452 5 years ago

No they didn't are using farsight product in them without sgi permission

And made in china not chicago

#2453 5 years ago

Todays update fixed the issue with not being able to start a game on the new Stern tables.

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

And made in china not chicago

It looks like it depends on the cabinet you order. According to their website the Ultra cabinet, which is made of steel comes from China. The Pinball Pro, which is plywood, is not made in China. As copy and pasted from their website:

"Machines manufactured in USA – pickup is Elk Grove Village, Chicago, USA"

No they didn't are using farsight product in them without sgi permission

Why would they need permission when the purchaser of their machine had to buy the software from Farsight and not from Arcooda? Their machine is just optimized to play the software that the consumer bought legally from the software company. Once Farsight license expired, Arcooda stopped paying Farsight for legal copies and is not putting the expired software on their machines.

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

It looks like it depends on the cabinet you order. According to their website the Ultra cabinet, which is made of steel comes from China. The Pinball Pro, which is plywood, is not made in China. As copy and pasted from their website:
"Machines manufactured in USA – pickup is Elk Grove Village, Chicago, USA"

Why would they need permission when the purchaser of their machine had to buy the software from Farsight and not from Arcooda? Their machine is just optimized to play the software that the consumer bought legally from the software company. Once Farsight license expired, Arcooda stopped paying Farsight for legal copies and is not putting the expired software on their machines.

I still think something is odd...

a few years ago Newcastle Highway Entertainment had a proto-type Acrooda with pro-pinball, zen pinball and pinball arcade on it but now it only has Pinball Arcade on it so would suggest that Acrooda and Farsight have a joint venture together now or Acrooda is paying license fees to use all the software plus a deal with Scientific .... to sell after the June 30th date.

also Highway Entertainment are the main distributor of Homepin games and sub-distributors deal with Highway Entertainment and not Homepin.

would be nice if Acrooda just came out and explained how they can sell a digital pin with Williams/Bally games or say they sell the cabinet but no games ????

#2456 5 years ago

Highway don't have a license to sell Williams bally games ever, farsight was for pc not a commercial sold table.

It's all game over for them now

#2457 5 years ago

Straight from the rumor mill: Stern bought the Bally/William licenses and are going to reproduce the machines. If true, it's incredible news.

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from nudgey:

Straight from the rumor mill: Stern bought the Bally/William licenses and are going to reproduce the machines. If true, it's incredible news.

Garbage, CGI already have agreements to make 10 games, so all the good titles would already be taken.

#2459 5 years ago

Highway don't have a license to sell Williams bally games ever, farsight was for pc not a commercial sold table.

I bought their machine. I purchased the Farsight games. I can put the games I bought on anything I want to put them onto, as I own the game. That's why they stopped pointing out where to purchase the software. They never claimed to have the license and went out of their way to say their machine just PLAYS the software because Farsight lost the license.

It's all game over for them now

Their machine can play Zen games, the person buying their machine has to get the Zen software off of Steam. They can hire software developers to make pinball tables like their dragon machines. They got the right to use Timeshock, which has better graphics and physics than Farsight's games, I'm sure they can get others. Just like their arcade cabinets can play xbox, pc, and playstation games, their pinball cabinet can play games you OWN from your pc. It is the same business model of VPcabs, which is doing very well from what I understand.

The only arrangement they made with Farsight is having Farsight optimize the software to play in pincabs. Basically, Farsight just added a cabinet feature that changed the perspective of their game. ZEN will give you a code to play their software in cabinet mode, and they have incredible licenses and really awesome games. It is too bad future Arcooda cabinets won't get to play Farsight Bally/Williams games, but there a literally tons of other stuff out there that they can legally play.

So it is NOT game over for them now. (That's why I down voted your statement)

#2460 5 years ago

I have been able to start up trials for games I have not bought, but when I try to actually buy them I get an error message, and it kicks me back out into the menu.

#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I bought their machine. I purchased the Farsight games. I can put the games I bought on anything I want to put them onto, as I own the game. That's why they stopped pointing out where to purchase the software. They never claimed to have the license and went out of their way to say their machine just PLAYS the software because Farsight lost the license.

Their machine can play Zen games, the person buying their machine has to get the Zen software off of Steam. They can hire software developers to make pinball tables like their dragon machines. They got the right to use Timeshock, which has better graphics and physics than Farsight's games, I'm sure they can get others. Just like their arcade cabinets can play xbox, pc, and playstation games, their pinball cabinet can play games you OWN from your pc. It is the same business model of VPcabs, which is doing very well from what I understand.
The only arrangement they made with Farsight is having Farsight optimize the software to play in pincabs. Basically, Farsight just added a cabinet feature that changed the perspective of their game. ZEN will give you a code to play their software in cabinet mode, and they have incredible licenses and really awesome games. It is too bad future Arcooda cabinets won't get to play Farsight Bally/Williams games, but there a literally tons of other stuff out there that they can legally play.
So it is NOT game over for them now. (That's why I down voted your statement)

What i saw was an ad for the machine with games fitted not bare like you stated $7000 with games

#2462 5 years ago

What i saw was an ad for the machine with games fitted not bare like you stated $7000 with games

From what I was told, I gave them 500 bucks and they are going to send me the games in a physical form. I can only get the games if I purchased them before the deadline. My payment was to be before the deadline - no exceptions. So I believe they are trying to be legit and by the rules. Nothing they have said or done appears to be sneaky, or circumvent money due to Bally/Williams. I also believe that I have to be the one to install the games on the machine. Plus they are changing the artwork to make sure that there is no connection to Bally/Williams games. It seems to me that they are really trying to NOT infringe on Bally/Williams IP. I am positive at one time they were counting on it, but once the license go pulled, they have been very clear that they are distancing themselves from it.

It is $150 bucks and a physical form of their software if you already own the tables. I paid the 500 even though I already own some tables.

To me they are just selling a device that plays video pinball. Just like VPCabs. I am more excited about the Zen Tables, as those are more fun and play better. Same with the Timeshock table. Pinball arcade is nice, and probably something they were counting on with their agreement with Pinball Arcade, but honestly, the physical machine is what sold me.

What I feel is better than the VPCabs is the Kinect support, Steel cabinet, touch screen, joystick and other changeable controls, I/0 board that allows me to plug in other consoles, better standard computer, and 2 thousand dollars cheaper. I am sure as people are looking into home arcade cabinets, and as look into a purchase, the price and features are going to attract people who want a video cab in their game rooms.

I have been researching cabs for a while.

2 months later
#2463 5 years ago

Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie have been added today, and Mustang has been moved over from SPA. Guess they wanted to steal a little of FX3s thunder.

I don't recall ever playing BBH before. I has it's charm.

#2464 5 years ago

Love WH2O on pba...

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie have been added today, and Mustang has been moved over from SPA. Guess they wanted to steal a little of FX3s thunder.
I don't recall ever playing BBH before. I has it's charm.

Im very leary of pinball arcade anymore after seeing how bad they are at fixing updates and how bad Ghostbusters turned out, saying that its horrible is an understatement.

I also hate to say this but its just the flat out truth. I can see why they arent a very good company anymore after watching the two guys that always do the streams on Twitch. Those guys literally act like they are about 10 f*cking years old. They are an embarrassment to the company. Their product is definitely a reflection of their employees these days. I used to back them tooth and nail but i just cant do it anymore.

#2466 5 years ago

Is BBH good anyone? The first couple of seasons were TPA's best, it's what got me into pinball so heavily. Ever since then its gone to shit and the tables don't play as good, something definitely changed.

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im very leary of pinball arcade anymore after seeing how bad they are at fixing updates and how bad Ghostbusters turned out

Yea, just gave GB another try, and did see a couple hickups in an hour of play. Their Spike emulation needs tweaking. I recall running it in SPA, it will run without hickups (or was that DX9 mode?).

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yea, just gave GB another try, and did see a couple hickups in an hour of play. Their Spike emulation needs tweaking. I recall running it in SPA, it will run without hickups (or was that DX9 mode?).

Yeah but im mainly talking about the game just doesnt feel right at all. I just think they did a terrible job at recreating it. They do a good job making these tables but GB just doesnt feel or look right imo.

#2469 5 years ago

Whoah Nellie playfield is blurry & washed out in DX11 but looks just fine in DX9. Anybody else seeing this?
Big Buck Hunter looks fine in both versions of Direct X.

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Whoah Nellie playfield is blurry & washed out in DX11 but looks just fine in DX9. Anybody else seeing this?
Big Buck Hunter looks fine in both versions of Direct X.

DX9 version looks better, but I can still see the playfield as "blurry", I can actually see the corners of the pixels, which will likely turn the ball into a buzzsaw in short order.

It wouldn't look so bad if the plastics weren't so much sharper in contrast.

Big Buck Hunter looks like it might be at best 1080p resolution in portrait, but it at least doesn't have lots of ultra sharp plastics to contrast with.

#2471 5 years ago

The sound on Whoah Nellie is bad. There's static throughout. Like I was playing on a set of $5 computer speakers, and not my THX Certified Logitech ones.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

DX9 version looks better, but I can still see the playfield as "blurry",

Yeah, I think DX11 is trying simulate glare from the GI lights, making the PF look very bright and soft and the other parts look too sharp. Probably something they can tweak.

Quoted from woody24:

The sound on Whoah Nellie is bad.

I noticed some crackle when running in DX9 mode. DX11 mode sounds fine.

#2473 5 years ago

Yeah, and actually played Whoa in trial mode today... the cost cutting is very apparent, Farsight made the choice to use a DMD instead of setting up score reels for what amounts to a one-off table, which misses the point of what the table is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
12,500 (OBO)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/50?hl=lynnindenver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.