(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 50.
#201 11 years ago

I happy TZ will be there in the game!!!

#202 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I happy TZ will be there in the game!!!

it won't necessarily be in the game....if they can't get the massive licensing costs figured out, we won't see it, despite the fact that they secured all of the licenses.

in their facebook release, they said it likely wasn't commercially viable as is......if they go the kickstart route i guess they may be able to secure enough donations to bring the cost down, but at this point, nobody knows what the cost of that table is (or is going to be).

i have my fingers crossed.......................but it seems like a long shot.

#203 11 years ago

I'd like to know what the figure is.

#204 11 years ago

I just wonder the cost for TZ as dlc if there were as many sold as the last dlc.. I would pay more for 1 table if I liked it.

#205 11 years ago

I would kickstarter a tz table, they talked about this on their FB page?

#206 11 years ago

The question is how much are we talking about and if we rally the numbers can it be done.

#207 11 years ago

The iOS update is out that adds CV and FH as DLC, "as well as a fourth gameplay camera and multiple plunger cameras for all tables. There are also fixes for Troll Bombs and Super Skill Shot on Medieval Madness."

Plus, other bug fixes, and finally we can turn off the multiball camera.

#208 11 years ago

Cool to see more tables added. I really wish they'd fix the flipper lag on the PS3.

#209 11 years ago

Cirqus is to slow, its like the table isnt steep enough haha needs to be fixed

#210 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it me or do the flippers seem a tad slow to respond.
I never had that feeling on the Williams collection.

I definitely feel this way. The latency is pretty noticeable and makes it hard to hit shots until you get used to it. I also feel like there's no additional friction accounted for on the flipper rubbers so the speed of ball as it rolls from the metal rail of the inlane over the flippers feels off. It doesn't feel like the flippers ever grab the ball, much weirder than actual pinball, which doesn't help with the already existing latency.

Still a good way to learn a new game though.

#211 11 years ago

On the iphone this is the best pinball app. I'm really digging it.

#212 11 years ago

... here in europe we are still waiting for it to come out on ps3 :S

#213 11 years ago

I'd say the easy solution to generate revenue for the TZ is to go back to disc format, put all the gottleib and williams collections on one disc and if you've downloaded games on top of it, intergrate them into the disc, make all the upcoming games DLC. Would you buy a bulk collection at an easy price with no waiting? I sure would. Maybe I'd be stuck with having paid twice for totan and black hole, but I've already payed 3x for totan for sure at this point (wii, ps3, phone, ps3 dlc, oops, that's 4), what's one more time to have the game running smoothly? Possibly with extra features like online play that was promised but still not delivered? Maybe add some EM's that they know people won't buy in DLC on that disc as well as an added perk. I don't see a kickstarter for DLC working, maybe I'm just too old to envision things like that and I want physical products too much.

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

Cool to see more tables added. I really wish they'd fix the flipper lag on the PS3.

I see quite a few comments about flipper lag and the majority of this lag is simply what is known as "input delay". Most people have their consoles connected to an LCD TV and most have some sort of video processing enabled by default that can cause a delay from when you press a button on your controller to when you see it happen on screen.

This goes by different names depending on the brand for instance my Sony TV labels it as "motionflow" and when I turn it off for the input I have my PS3 on the lag goes away. Some TVs have a mode labeled "game mode" and turning it on essentially does the same thing.

#215 11 years ago

I need to strangle someone at Farsight.

Managed to join the Cirqus. I couldn't believe I did it. Then after balls started draining during Party Multiball I could hear them all chattering around against each other. When I lost the last ball they all just sat around there chattering and it refused to register the end of the ball and count my bonus. Call Attendant didn't work, and it refused to tilt.

Cost me a 98M game.

#216 11 years ago

Ah Twitch_Boy that stinks. It worked for me and I got over a billion score. There are some bugs with the camera staying on the playfield view when it should go to the plunger.

#217 11 years ago

With the new update I also got a bug on Black Hole. When I came back up to the upper playfield from the bottom. The camera stuck on the bottom view still..

#218 11 years ago

^^^^ Svengo I have a new Panasonic plasma. I'm not sure if it's something I can adjust on the tv or on the PS3, but I don't experience lag with any other games. Odd that it's an issue with this particular game.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from MWC:

^^^^ Svengo I have a new Panasonic plasma. I'm not sure if it's something I can adjust on the tv or on the PS3, but I don't experience lag with any other games. Odd that it's an issue with this particular game.

It's an adjustment on the TV. I'm not sure what Panasonic would label it? Probably something starting with motion.

When I leave the "motionflow" set to on I only see the issue on a few games (The pinball Arcade being one of them). When I turn it off the issue pretty much disappears. My guess is that most modern console games may be programmed with some input delay in mind and possibly this particular game may not take this into account as much. (just a guess here as I'm certainly not a programmer). I would think that input delay will vary with TV brand, type of connection, etc...

#221 11 years ago

pledged.

#222 11 years ago

^^ Thanks Svengo. I'll check into it. If anyone else has a Panasonic TV that can offer some insight about correcting the flipper lag, I would greatly appreciate it!

#223 11 years ago

A lot of TVs have a setting called "game mode", which optimizes the response time for consoles, so definitely use that if your TV has it (you have to enable it for each input on some models)...in addition to turning off any anti-blur/motion settings.

#224 11 years ago

I think there are too many people experiencing flipper delay to put it all down to the TVs. It's good advice in general but many of the problems are from people who played Farsight's previous pinball game, Zen's pinball games and other games where quick response is needed and they aren't getting the same issues. Surely the TV would've affected all these other games similarly too?

I put the problems down to unfinished code. Hopefully the regular updates and active community reporting bugs will make this game something special over the next few years.

As for this Twilight Zone stuff, well, I'm a bit confused why they're pushing it so soon. I mean, there are hundreds of great tables that can be tackled before going after the big licenses so I'm not going to encourage this kickstarter approach. I can live without Twilight Zone and I'd rather have three $3 tables instead of one $10 one. Plus, those big contribution incentives are pretty lame IMO. $100 for a copy with an operator's menu? That should be standard anyway!

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I think there are too many people experiencing flipper delay to put it all down to the TVs. It's good advice in general but many of the problems are from people who played Farsight's previous pinball game, Zen's pinball games and other games where quick response is needed and they aren't getting the same issues. Surely the TV would've affected all these other games similarly too?
I put the problems down to unfinished code. Hopefully the regular updates and active community reporting bugs will make this game something special over the next few years.
As for this Twilight Zone stuff, well, I'm a bit confused why they're pushing it so soon. I mean, there are hundreds of great tables that can be tackled before going after the big licenses so I'm not going to encourage this kickstarter approach. I can live without Twilight Zone and I'd rather have three $3 tables instead of one $10 one. Plus, those big contribution incentives are pretty lame IMO. $100 for a copy with an operator's menu? That should be standard anyway!

Agreed. The lag shouldn't be this noticeable compared to other games....I was just passing along the info that it can be greatly minimized or even eliminated with the proper TV settings though, and I've noticed on other various forums with just about any game with fast action (sports, shooters, etc.) that there always seems to be a few people complaining about input lag. In any case, it's definitely something Farsight needs to optimize because it shouldn't be this widespread.

#226 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

You're right in that not every bit of what people are complaining about can be 100% attributed to input delay caused by TV video processing. You can however in a large majority of the cases eliminate most of it (that would be noticeable by the majority of people anyway) by changing some settings on your TV. I would also guess most people already do this but make sure you have your x-box or PS3 connected to your TV with an HDMI cable instead of a connection such as a component cable as that can make a difference as well.

I still own Farsight's previous games,the Williams and Gottlieb collections on the Wii as well as the Williams Collection on the PS3 and played them a ton before The Pinball Arcade came out. Is the flipper response exactly the same between those versions and The Pinball Arcade? Absolutely not, heck the flipper response is not even exactly the same between the Wii and PS3 versions of those previous collections (although the difference is pretty small).

If you take into account the large number of platforms this has been or is going to be released on, (Windows, OSX, IOS, Android, PSVita, 3DS, XBOX 360, PS3), it's no surprise that there are issues and they seem to be committed to addressing these with updates in the future. They seem to be listening to the pinball community's input and I'm pretty happy with what I've got now and knowing that it'll hopefully just get better.

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

they're pushing it because they secured the licenses...and they secured the licenses because people have been asking for it for quite some time.

i have no problem with them going the kickstarter route. heck, i'm surprised anybody does. it's either that or absolutely, positively no way they're ever gonna release any licensed tables.

btw, they hit over $10K in pledges in the first 6 hours.

#228 11 years ago

But am I reading it right that TZ won't be coming to the XBox 360 anyway because Microsoft won't
let them?

#229 11 years ago

I think that's just they can't give away free copies via Kickstarter. I assume it'll be released normally if developed. I assume it'll be at least around the $10 mark otherwise the donaters will be pissed.

#230 11 years ago

for those worried......yes, it will be coming out on the 360.

if you need confirmation, check out the bottom of the kickstarter page...they have added a FAQ which addresses the question.

#231 11 years ago

Does anyone else agree that the upper level awards aren't particularly tempting?

#232 11 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire is running quite badly on this HTC Desire HD. Skipping frame update. Latency flipper controle. Anyone else having this device and finding it insufficient to run the app?

#233 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Does anyone else agree that the upper level awards aren't particularly tempting?

The top two are, but they really should spruce up the $1000 level a bit.

#234 11 years ago

Actually CV ran quite better when I fired it up a second time.

I experienced a number of occations where it accidently launched two balls. Pinball machines a known to do this, where the switch timing trips the software. But for CV I can't remember ever seeing this in Visual Pinball.

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I experienced a number of occations where it accidently launched two balls. Pinball machines a known to do this, where the switch timing trips the software. But for CV I can't remember ever seeing this in Visual Pinball.

Farsight uses an emulator to run the actual ROM code for the game, so that's not surprising.

#236 11 years ago

Yeah, I know. That's the whole point. I just surprised to see it so frequently.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

They should get a bunch of TZ games, jack the price up to $10K and sell em (keep profits).

They could also do a raffle for a TZ machine ($5/ticket), but I wonder if they could raffle off something in the Kickstarter rules.

#238 11 years ago

Pretty cool to see the raise over 20k in 2 days for TZ. Still a long way to go though.

I pitched in some....wish I could give more, but both my wife and I are in between jobs right now.

#239 11 years ago

Their games seem to get better and crisper with each new release.

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Their games seem to get better and crisper with each new release.

Yeah, it's getting better all the time. Just imagine what's it's going to be like a year from now, with a boat load of tables in the collection.

#241 11 years ago

Chipped in my $25 for TZ.

Holy crap. It's already up to $26K. This is gonna happen. And they're mentioning possibly grabbing more licenses...specifically ST:TNG...

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from Twitch_Boy:

Chipped in my $25 for TZ.
Holy crap. It's already up to $26K. This is gonna happen. And they're mentioning possibly grabbing more licenses...specifically ST:TNG...

ST:TNG would be great! One just sold in my area for 4K! Looks like I am never going to get one...

#243 11 years ago

I guess they don't want to come out and say that they'll have AFM. Probably going to be a big announce and featured table once that one comes around. You know with these other Williams titles that AFM has to be coming. The fact that they have Gottleib and Stern rights as well could make some real surprises in the future from them.

I hope they get their issues sorted out quickly with the fundamentals of the game. My console version has nearly no problems but there is no online play, and the mobile version is constantly crashing and losing balls in obvious places. There are promises of an update to fix these issues. Considering that the game is already one of the most expensive games on the marketplace (game and all extras are currently at $20 total) as we need every extra table they launch, they sure could stand to get an update on that thing soon.

#244 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

I guess they don't want to come out and say that they'll have AFM. Probably going to be a big announce and featured table once that one comes around. You know with these other Williams titles that AFM has to be coming. The fact that they have Gottleib and Stern rights as well could make some real surprises in the future from them.
I hope they get their issues sorted out quickly with the fundamentals of the game. My console version has nearly no problems but there is no online play, and the mobile version is constantly crashing and losing balls in obvious places. There are promises of an update to fix these issues. Considering that the game is already one of the most expensive games on the marketplace (game and all extras are currently at $20 total) as we need every extra table they launch, they sure could stand to get an update on that thing soon.

AFM is coming. Here's a list of confirmed upcoming tables:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/23-Confirmed-upcoming-tables

#245 11 years ago

well there are a couple machines behind him in the kickstarter video. I assume those were coming into the game. ie. Taxi etc. But ya I read AFM was confirmed but no release date yet.

#246 11 years ago

they just hit $30K in pledges.

#247 11 years ago

I have tried downloading it several times on my Droid 2 Global and it always says "connection timed out", is there a way to download it over 3g instead of wifi?

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from Bones06:

I have tried downloading it several times on my Droid 2 Global and it always says "connection timed out", is there a way to download it over 3g instead of wifi?

turn off your wifi and give it a shot. i have no idea if it will work or not.....i didn't have a problem downloading it via wifi on my DROID Bionic.

#249 11 years ago

I can't seem to find where they confirm TAF being approved and licensed. Last I saw in the FAQ on the Kickstarter page, they were still working on it and there was a post earlier in this thread that stated Raul Julia's estate won't let his likeness be used in anything new since his passing. While I can see that stipulation applying in this case, technically speaking, a digitization of an existing product while he was alive shouldn't constitute a "new" item, as it were. Otherwise, there would not be any more DVD's allowed to be produced of ANY of his movies. I'm sure the lawyers will hash it all out.

My question is this: Will any of these new tables be available to those of us that already have the previous collections on disc, in the form of DLC? Or do we have to buy the XBLA Pinball Arcade, then the specific tables? 'Cause I've already got MM and FH that I play all the time from the Williams Collection disc and the MM on the game looks different than the one I've seen on their site. I hope it's not better or vastly different in any way. But what about those other tables? I'd love to have TAF and TZ on my 360, but not at what it might cost me.

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I can't seem to find where they confirm TAF being approved and licensed. Last I saw in the FAQ on the Kickstarter page, they were still working on it and there was a post earlier in this thread that stated Raul Julia's estate won't let his likeness be used in anything new since his passing. While I can see that stipulation applying in this case, technically speaking, a digitization of an existing product while he was alive shouldn't constitute a "new" item, as it were. Otherwise, there would not be any more DVD's allowed to be produced of ANY of his movies. I'm sure the lawyers will hash it all out.
My question is this: Will any of these new tables be available to those of us that already have the previous collections on disc, in the form of DLC? Or do we have to buy the XBLA Pinball Arcade, then the specific tables? 'Cause I've already got MM and FH that I play all the time from the Williams Collection disc and the MM on the game looks different than the one I've seen on their site. I hope it's not better or vastly different in any way. But what about those other tables? I'd love to have TAF and TZ on my 360, but not at what it might cost me.

you're correct: the licenses for TAF have not been secured.

as for your question.....if i understand it correctly you're asking if you have to download the tables you already have on disc in order to play them in the pinball arcade? yes. they are two separate games, even though they will include some of the same tables. you have to purchase each table that you want to play in the pinball arcade (supposed to be packs of two tables each).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.