(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.
#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

I’ve been told you need to be running iOS 10 or newer and have 1g of ram.
I can play it, but I’m just waiting for fixes. Can’t pick skill shots and the arrow inserts that tell you what shots to hit aren’t working. Pretty hard to play that way, unless you just want to smack the ball around.

i'm on 11.0.3 with 3GB RAM and it is broken as hell. all arrow inserts are out, sound is distorted like crazy, skillshot selection doesnt work, DMD is too dim, error messages on startup, Slimer moves 5 times faster than in real life, text on UI elements is jumbled and out of place, and those are all bugs i found in my less than 5 minutes of playtime.

#2352 6 years ago

I can play it fine on my Galaxy S7. The ball plays typical of TPA's other tables. I haven't gotten multiball yet so i don't know if there are any hangups there but it plays fine. DMD is pretty dim though.

#2353 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Why is this table not in the Stern Pinball Arcade? Either way, I have not bought shit from Farsight for a while because the quality just isn't there anymore. Sounds familiar.

I seems to me that Stern PA was a cash grab and abandoned. Star Trek still has at least one non-working insert lamp — still. . . It’s amazing to have that bug and never be fixed.

#2354 6 years ago

Ive bought every pro table up to season 6. Im done giving them money. Im a pirate sailing the high seas.

#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I seems to me that Stern PA was a cash grab and abandoned. Star Trek still has at least one non-working insert lamp — still. . . It’s amazing to have that bug and never be fixed.

Its a small company. I think they over reached their ability to take on two concurrent titles. I think too, after hearing over and over in the twitch streams about the 'pending development' that the contemporary stern games were more difficult to port than expected. Combine the two and you get what we have today.

I suspect too that the financial model, damage to loyal customers, and inconsistency in delivery has created a financial strain.

This is all a guess, but it seems to fit the circumstances and evidence. they don't appear to be staffing up to resolve the delays, likely because they can't.

I hope they hang on and get this all sorted out.

I passed on last season and was doing the same. It would seem from the noise here others are doing the same. When they put Ghostbusters on TPA and SPA, I thought it was a good move. Its enough with Fathom for me to justify buying this season. However I haven't rushed in to do so yet, mostly because of the damage done by the delays and titles offered in last season.

I think its worse for those off steam.

I really want to root for the small guy, but they don't seem to put any effort into making public good or explain the problems to set better expectations. IMO if they don't do something to get expectations in line with what they can deliver and then deliver on it consistently soon, it may ruin them entirely.

#2356 6 years ago

I've asked this before but does anyone have any information regarding Farsight abandoning the PS4 format?

I realize they just (finally) released GB on Stern Pinball Arcade, but they have yet to release the final two pins from their last season, which was over a year and a half ago.

#2357 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The score limit on the DEMO is 820mil+ so you get to try a lot of the game.

Patched it today, now the score limit is ~47mil.

#2358 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Patched it today, now the score limit is ~47mil.

As far as I can tell nothing else was changed. Good patch.

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Star Trek still has at least one non-working insert lamp — still. . . It’s amazing to have that bug and never be fixed.

INSERT?? Star Trek crashes to the desktop on the PC when these modes end:

Prime Directive 2
Nero 3
Klingon Battle 3

Does it do that on other platforms?

#2360 6 years ago

Built a new PC last night, finally able to play in DX11. Big difference having lighting! Playing in DX9 was like every machine had stadium lights. I like how you can adjust the room and bulb brightness.

#2361 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

INSERT?? Star Trek crashes to the desktop on the PC when these modes end:
Prime Directive 2
Nero 3
Klingon Battle 3
Does it do that on other platforms?

Stern Pinball Arcade updated just earlier tonight. While some of us are experiencing issues with connecting GB from TPA, the crashing in Star Trek is now fixed. I tested out Prime Directive II and failing the mode went well. So that's resolved.

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

the crashing in Star Trek is now fixed

Nice! Also, it does not launch in low res anymore, requiring me to minimize/maximize to get high res, and I see GB is now in SPA.

Good work - Keep squashing those bugs team!!

#2363 6 years ago

How does GB play on both? Is it better to get it on TPA or SPA or are they the same?

#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How does GB play on both? Is it better to get it on TPA or SPA or are they the same?

if you're on iOS, don't bother. the arrow inserts that show you what to shoot for during modes don't work at all. there's no way to select your skill shot. the audio is distorted badly. Slimer moves 5x faster than normal, it's nothing like real life. also the DMD is so dim that it's hard to read, and it only boots up at all on devices with more than a gig of ram (and even then it's still broken in a half dozen various ways).

#2365 6 years ago

Unfortunately PA ist not really playable on iPhone X. Just 1/2 playfield is visible. Farsights is informed. I hope the fix it soon.

2 weeks later
#2366 6 years ago

Spanish Eyes and Wild Card have been released on Steam and iOS.

#2367 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Spanish Eyes and Wild Card have been released on Steam and iOS.

Cool. I like the EMs interspersed with the newer pinball machines. The EMs make for relatively quick games when you don't have much time and want to play something quick on the smart phone.

1 month later
#2368 6 years ago

Wild Card bug? The right saucer has two lit inserts. Hit it once, collect one insert. Hit it again and collect the 2nd. However, if you drain before collecting the 2nd, the inserts “swap” between balls and you cannot get the 2nd for the rest of the game. Is the correct behavior? Playing on iOS.

#2369 6 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Wild Card bug? The right saucer has two lit inserts. Hit it once, collect one insert. Hit it again and collect the 2nd. However, if you drain before collecting the 2nd, the inserts “swap” between balls and you cannot get the 2nd for the rest of the game. Is the correct behavior? Playing on iOS.

I believe that bug was fixed in the last update. Did you download the update with Pistol Poker yet?

#2370 6 years ago

I thought Big Buck Hunter was next? I don't care for the EM machines at all. Farsight needs to step their game up big time.

#2371 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought Big Buck Hunter was next? I don't care for the EM machines at all. Farsight needs to step their game up big time.

Wild Card and Spanish Eyes were the previous update. The most current TPA release was Pistol Poker. Looks like Sorcerer will be next.

Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie are confirmed to be coming to SPA, but they didn’t say when, or in what order.

#2372 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Wild Card and Spanish Eyes were the previous update. The most current TPA release was Pistol Poker. Looks like Sorcerer will be next.
Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie are confirmed to be coming to SPA, but they didn’t say when, or in what order.

There’s a placeholder for Banzai Run in the iOS version (if not the others), for whatever that’s worth.

#2373 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

There’s a placeholder for Banzai Run in the iOS version (if not the others), for whatever that’s worth.

That’s rumored to be right after Sorcerer. So it should be the February release on Steam and mobile platforms.

#2374 6 years ago

This current season's pins have not impressed me at all...

#2375 6 years ago

Little pricing error going on over at Steam.

Seasons 2 and 5 were marked down 50% to $15 at the start of the sale. Thought about grabbing 5 then.

Just went back again, and at some point, season 5's base price got knocked down to $15. Just grabbed it half off for $7.50.
Same-ish with the pro pack if you prefer. Base price got dropped to $20. Currently on sale for $10.

Edit - Holy Hell I had forgotten how awful the interface was. Hadn't bought tables since season 4, rarely played since the DX11 update, nor played at all since June or so. What a shit show Farsight is. I used to play this a LOT. 100s of hours on Steam. I think this is getting relegated to "good for learning a table's rules" only for here on out. I'm not masochistic enough to play this for fun.

#2376 6 years ago

I just read that on January 9th the PS4 will get season 7, and the remaining three tables of season 6 that we havent got yet, and a big patch with lots of bug fixes. Supposedly there is a new guy that is working there who is mainly in charge of the PS4 tables from the way it sounds. We will see i guess, im going to give him the benefit of the doubt for some dumb reason. I love The Pinball Arcade but i have become extremely disappointed in them lately.

#2377 6 years ago

I REALLY want to enjoy the real tables in Pinball Arcade but the lame lighting and HORRIBLE physics kills it. It's painful.
The Zen Pinball game is more fun.

In my recent frustration with it, I discovered a few original pinball video games that are fantastic. Check them out if you haven't seen them yet:

Pro Pinball Ultra
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287900/Pro_Pinball_Ultra/ - best video pinball game I've played...

Pinball Wicked
http://store.steampowered.com/app/595960/Pinball_Wicked/

#2378 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I REALLY want to enjoy the real tables in Pinball Arcade but the lame lighting and HORRIBLE physics kills it. It's painful.
The Zen Pinball game is more fun.
In my recent frustration with it, I discovered a few original pinball video games that are fantastic. Check them out if you haven't seen them yet:
Pro Pinball Ultra
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287900/Pro_Pinball_Ultra/ - best video pinball game I've played...
Pinball Wicked
http://store.steampowered.com/app/595960/Pinball_Wicked/

I like TPA and Zen both. They arent perfect but they are still pretty fun. I really like those games you posted also, id love to see those come to consoles.

1 week later
#2379 6 years ago

For PS4 owners, there appears to be a price glitch, the fulll Season 7 pack is currently listed for $5:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2058-CUSA00081_00-SEASONPACKPS4007

#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

For PS4 owners, there appears to be a price glitch, the fulll Season 7 pack is currently listed for $5:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2058-CUSA00081_00-SEASONPACKPS4007

considering something similar happened on Steam last week, I wonder if it really is a glitch. Maybe they're going out of business and just trying to liquidate as much as possible in a short amount of time. Or maybe the Steam glitch actually generated a spike in revenue, so they're replicating it on PS4?

and of course considering it's FarSight, there is always the possibility it's plain old incompetence.

either way ... I don't really feel like rewarding this company for the garbage they've been shoveling out the last couple years.

#2381 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

considering something similar happened on Steam last week, I wonder if it really is a glitch. Maybe they're going out of business and just trying to liquidate as much as possible in a short amount of time. Or maybe the Steam glitch actually generated a spike in revenue, so they're replicating it on PS4?
either way ... I don't really feel like rewarding this company for the garbage they've been shoveling out the last couple years.

Fair enough. I'm in at $.50 a table (whether it's a glitch or a fire sale). Much easier to forgive middling product at those prices.

#2382 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair enough. I'm in at $.50 a table (whether it's a glitch or a fire sale). Much easier to forgive middling product at those prices.

I guess, if you still want to play that garbage. It's horrendous. Free would be too much. My opinion.

#2383 6 years ago

Oh man, I love pinball arcade, guess I am in the minority. I play on my phone on break to take my mind off of work, it helped me really learn the ruleset to Star Trek for league play.

#2384 6 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Oh man, I love pinball arcade, guess I am in the minority. I play on my phone on break to take my mind off of work, it helped me really learn the ruleset to Star Trek for league play.

You're not alone, I love TPA as well. I have a blast with the ios version. I don't own any pins, so it's nice to have when I don't feel like going for a drive to play the real thing.

#2385 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I came across this glitch yesterday as well and even tho I haven’t bought any of their stuff since around season 3 I felt I could spare $5. I was going to post here about it but forgot. The quality of the gameplay is for sure suspect but it’s a nice way to get a good virtual look at games you don’t see a lot.

#2386 6 years ago
Quoted from JB-7X:

I came across this glitch yesterday as well and even tho I haven’t bought any of their stuff since around season 3 I felt I could spare $5. I was going to post here about it but forgot. The quality of the gameplay is for sure suspect but it’s a nice way to get a good virtual look at games you don’t see a lot.

Agreed, it's a great way to learn rules on pins you might play only occasionally on location.

#2387 6 years ago

Looks like they fixed the price glitch.

3 weeks later
#2388 6 years ago

Williams Sorcerer has been released on Pinball Arcade for Steam and iOS.

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Williams Sorcerer has been released on Pinball Arcade for Steam and iOS.

That's a nice game!

#2390 6 years ago

It seems like they cleaned up the flipper physics a little bit on PS4. Shots don't seem as overpowered off the end of the flipper. Flipper passes and multiball separations are actually possible now.

Unfortunately when they fix one thing another thing gets screwy. Some weird stuff in the shooter lanes on some games. The ball wants to hop around strangely on the plunger when you have the rod pulled back. It's especially obvious on TZ but it's affecting every game. Was not doing that before this last update.

#2391 6 years ago

It's useless on PS4 for me, last time I checked it the camera was broken and it only had the one view which is way too far away for my old eyes.

#2392 6 years ago

I noticed Fireball has an auto-plunger on Android.

#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

It's useless on PS4 for me, last time I checked it the camera was broken and it only had the one view which is way too far away for my old eyes.

Try using square as well as circle, it was doing that right after the last update but I was able to fix it.

#2394 6 years ago

Check out Pro Pinball 'ultra' for Android (and I assume iOS).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barnstormgames.propinball

I had been playing the PC version (which is awesome btw).

#2395 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Check out Pro Pinball 'ultra' for Android (and I assume iOS).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barnstormgames.propinball
I had been playing the PC version (which is awesome btw).

We haven't heard from Barnstorm in a looooong time though. Odds are, they're still working on Timeshock for Arcooda.

I just wish we could get more tables from them, but at this rate, it probably won't happen.

1 month later
#2396 6 years ago

Go for the Hill... Banzai Run is now on Pinball Arcade for Steam and iOS. (season 7 game 11)

#2397 6 years ago

How long do these tables usually take to get to ps4?

#2398 6 years ago

GarSight announced that they will no longer be releasing a pin every month. They say they will still release new pins, just not on any set schedule.

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

How long do these tables usually take to get to ps4?

Forever and then some.

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

GarSight announced that they will no longer be releasing a pin every month. They say they will still release new pins, just not on any set schedule.

Isnt that how they do it now? I really like TPA and ive always kind of taken up for Farsight but i have lost all faith in them. I also hate to be critical and sound like a dick, but have you seen the two immature kids that does their streams? All you have to do is watch one of their streams and its easy to see why Farsight puts out a bad product and why it takes them forever to produce these tables.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 11.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/48?hl=jb-7x and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.