(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 50.
#2151 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Eight Ball Deluxe is now available.
Doctor Who is next month.

Is this on all platforms?

#2152 7 years ago

Just noticed on iOS that you now get 4 free tables of the month, not just 1. That's a nice gift.

The PC version continues to include new updates like labeling decades when you sort by year, etc. I like that.

#2153 7 years ago

Doctor Who is going to be great!

#2154 7 years ago

Wonder what the October machine will be.

Tales from the Crypt?
Nightmare on Elm Street?

#2155 7 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the new version on Kindle Fire? I often have games with no voice, or the app immediately closes when starting some tables, last tournament did not show scores, and now the app locks up each time you finish playing a game. I have reinstalled about 5 times over the last two weeks and am about ready to just delete it for good.

1 week later
#2156 7 years ago

Played a little bit of TPA today (GORGAR).... caught myself nudging... the notebook!!!!

#2157 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Played a little bit of TPA today (GORGAR).... caught myself nudging... the notebook!!!!

You know that's an option, right?

#2158 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

You know that's an option, right?

Of course, but it doesn't feel natural hitting the A or S letters to do it, right? Guess I came up with a mod idea for TPA on Steam - movement sensors!!!

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Of course, but it doesn't feel natural hitting the A or S letters to do it, right? Guess I came up with a mod idea for TPA on Steam - movement sensors!!!

Oh, oh, oh, I thought you said tablet. Never mind.

4 weeks later
#2160 7 years ago

The Online Play button now seems to be active in the PC version. First time I was able to find a match, I think it picked a pin I did not own, and couldn't find any matches after that all evening.

Restarted the PC today, and I was able to play and win one match. Trying again, it got stuck at 'match found, game starting'.

Seems very buggy, but it's nice to see new functions added.

Also, Doctor Who has been released.

Edit - One time when clicking on the Doctor Who demo it loaded flight 2000, which was the online game I just played. Yikes - online bug spilling over in to offline mode!

#2161 7 years ago

I joined the Twict stream of Dr Who Thursday and it was fun, the lead creating the regenerator table answered lots of questions, sounds like a lot more than a re-skin, new shots, rules, art, sound, etc. I'm really looking forward to a unique PA title, maybe in time we'll see a physical version get manufactured.

#2162 7 years ago

Looks like Bone Busters, Inc. is the October table.

Ugh. More Gottlieb.

#2163 7 years ago

Went to play Dr. Who on PC today and the game felt off. It was way too fast, the lighting, the ball, everything moving about double speed. That's never happened before.

My monitor is 120hz and it seems that in a recent update the game is now syncing the physics to your refresh rate. Anyone else having this problem?

#2164 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Looks like Bone Busters, Inc. is the October table.
Ugh. More Gottlieb.

Agree, it's about time we get some SEGA games here!

#2165 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Went to play Dr. Who on PC today and the game felt off. It was way too fast, the lighting, the ball, everything moving about double speed. That's never happened before.
My monitor is 120hz and it seems that in a recent update the game is now syncing the physics to your refresh rate. Anyone else having this problem?

On my Android devices this happens fairly often if I pause, do some non-Pinball Arcade activity, then come back to Pinball Arcade. Restarting the app resolves it. I've never investigated further.

1 month later
#2166 7 years ago

Gladiators!!!! Stoked!!

#2167 7 years ago

Two EM games just added today: Centigrade 37 & Jacks Open

#2168 7 years ago

Season 3 pro pack on sale for $9.99 today on Steam.

#2169 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Two EM games just added today: Centigrade 37 & Jacks Open

So I just took a small break from playing Zaccaria Pinball to try out the Jacks Open "table" on the Pinball Arcade. I played one game, got really annoyed with farsight's ultra-slow "floaty" ball physics, then promptly switched back to Zaccaria Pinball. I couldn't even be bothered to see their take on Centigrade 37 (One kick to the balls is enough for today). Why the hell can't Farsight fix this? They just have this nasty habit of making the old EM's feel more like a chore than an amusement. Let's see, should I scrub the toilets or play El Dorado on the Pinball Arcade...

#2170 7 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

So I just took a small break from playing Zaccaria Pinball to try out the Jacks Open "table" on the Pinball Arcade. I played one game, got really annoyed with farsight's ultra-slow "floaty" ball physics, then promptly switched back to Zaccaria Pinball. I couldn't even be bothered to see their take on Centigrade 37 (One kick to the balls is enough for today). Why the hell can't Farsight fix this? They just have this nasty habit of making the old EM's feel more like a chore than an amusement. Let's see, should I scrub the toilets or play El Dorado on the Pinball Arcade

These two do seem more floaty (I'd say the ball is sped up or has some unusual rebound characteristics, it seems almost bouncy more so than disconnected) than the rest IMO. I haven't bought into Zaccaria pinball yet, not until I can get it to play without bugs. I haven't tried in a bit but will again soon.

What's more confusing to me is the seemingly bad lighting graphics on the PS4 Stern Pinball Arcade. I won't buy into that either if its not up to par with the current Direct X 11 versions, which those do not seem to be.

#2171 7 years ago

The Pinball Arcade "physics" are terrible, terrible, terrible and get worse as more balls come into play. How many times do you see the exact same shot do the exact same thing with perfect predictability. It's sad that they have such an awesome set of artwork but can't add a pinball game to the graphics. It's also sad that they have to kickstart some games as I watch Zen Pinball crank out license after license. It's also sad Stern didn't go with Zen or Pro Pinball to make their games. But, then again, they are our only (iOS) choice for these games and we can just say we buy them to learn the rules (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

It needs a complete engine remake.

#2172 7 years ago

Anyone using an AMD card have this problem:
I do the flip queue fix with Radeon tools and the delay is better -- but a ton of graphics are missing. Any idea?

1 week later
#2173 7 years ago

It looks like Pinball Arcade is working with an Australian Vpin Manufacturer. I wonder if the cab support will be limited to that vendor or open to all VP owners. I almost think its too late now that VR is here. There's always room for a vpin in a line up, especially where space is at a premium. However VRPin's will take up less space and will ultimately offer a closer to real experience.

Should be interesting if your a fan of PA/VR/VPINs.

2 weeks later
#2174 7 years ago

Stern Pinball Arcade has been getting a lot of attention, but just noticed that Gladiators is now available Pinball Arcade on iOS, and the big surprise is a new fantasy table called Doctor Who Master of Time.

DWMOT is loosely based on the original DW layout with a TARDIS replacing the time expander, 4 flippers, new dots, sound, and art. It includes new doctors and enemies.

I guess FarSight decided to venture in to fantasy pin territory since they already had the DW license, and there is so much new material since the Williams version was released.

IMG_2317 (resized).PNGIMG_2317 (resized).PNG

IMG_2318 (resized).PNGIMG_2318 (resized).PNG

#2175 7 years ago

I notice the pause button is borked in the last Android update. No more getting in a quick ball or two.

#2176 7 years ago

there guys really shouldn't design games, Dr Who variation looks terrible.

#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I notice the pause button is borked in the last Android update. No more getting in a quick ball or two.

I noticed this also, quick tap of the 'back' button does the same thing though.

Hopefully they fix it on the next update.

Quoted from swinks:

Totally agree! What the hell? They are making tables now? Was this counted as one of 'ten' in the season?

#2178 7 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Was this counted as one of 'ten' in the season?

Seperate, like their custom Ghostbusters table.

Also, on another note, the Stern pinball arcade is available for mobile devices now.

#2179 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I dunno. It looks like a Stern....

#2180 7 years ago

i applaud them for trying. i don't care for it though. maybe spending some more time with it will help.

Yes the Stern Pinball Arcade is available. it would probably be wise to hold off buying anything until they fix some of the bugs with it though. There are lighting issues, and at least for me I can not put my initials in for high scores and they've redesigned the user interface which needs some tweaking. Its hard to read the rules for each game. but these are minor things that will probably be fixed sooner or later

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

i applaud them for trying. i don't care for it though. maybe spending some more time with it will help.
Yes the Stern Pinball Arcade is available. it would probably be wise to hold off buying anything until they fix some of the bugs with it though. There are lighting issues, and at least for me I can not put my initials in for high scores and they've redesigned the user interface which needs some tweaking. Its hard to read the rules for each game. but these are minor things that will probably be fixed sooner or later

Some of the bugs? The whole SPBA application is just one huge bug for itself, at least for steam and android!

And I feel sorry for fairsight when seeing those new games they try to develop (DW and GB). They should limit themselves on just reproducing existing games and leave the new "original" stuff for the brighter minds and talent we find at Zen Studios!

#2182 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Also, pn another note, the Stern pinball arcade is available for mobile devices now.

Odd that it is compatible with my three year old Android phone but not my six month old Android tablet.

#2183 7 years ago

Stern and Farsight sound like a match made in code hell.

#2184 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Some of the bugs? The whole SPBA application is just one huge bug for itself, at least for steam and android!
And I feel sorry for fairsight when seeing those new games they try to develop (DW and GB). They should limit themselves on just reproducing existing games and leave the new "original" stuff for the brighter minds and talent we find at Zen Studios!

Agreed, the Pinball Arcade and Stern Pinball Arcade are a complete bug-fest and physics still suck. Dr. Who table is a joke just like their lame-ass retheme of haunted house (sorry, I mean Ghostbusters ). The Dr. Who remake is just a lame attempt to catch up with two of Magic Pixel's rethemed Zaccaria tables (which are amazing BTW). I am annoyed that I financially supported Farsight this long (bought every Pro Pack for PBA). I can't understand how Magic Pixel (Zaccaria Pinball) and Zen Pinball can be so much better? Farsight has just stopped trying. They routinely ignore reported bugs, and don't respond to helpful suggestions. On several occasions they have released bricked / unplayable versions of their programs on Steam right before a long weekend or a holiday. I don't know how their lighting (even with DX11) can still be this bad. They are so far behind it's getting to be depressing.
Maybe they should find some new programmers / coders/ project managers instead of spending our money on hookers and blow.

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

One only gives you half a pinball game, unless you pay them 10K for the full version, the other doesn't do any work unless paid beforehand via kickstarter money or google kick backs for timed exclusives.

Match made in heaven.

#2186 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

One only gives you half a pinball game, unless you pay them 10K for the full version, the other doesn't do any work unless paid beforehand via kickstarter money or google kick backs for timed exclusives.
Match made in heaven.

#2187 7 years ago

Steam SPBA:

Patch
27 DECEMBER - MIKEFARSIGHT
Small patch today that fixes the following issues.

- Fixed keyboard input for gameplay
- Hide password on login screen
- Fixed config tool not remembering settings

More fixes coming over the next few weeks.

#2188 7 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Agreed, the Pinball Arcade and Stern Pinball Arcade are a complete bug-fest and physics still suck.

It's not *that* bad on android.

It's a decent & convenient approximation, and a good way to learn a game's rules.

There's several bugs I've encountered, both minor and major, but for the most part, the app does what it's supposed to and I can tolerate a few bugs here and there. No software can be completely bug-free, especially because of the sheer complexity of it.

#2189 7 years ago

Tried the new Doctor Who Master of Time table on my windows PC, and that one table will not start up. When I click 'START', and then select 'play trial version', PA stops responding at the next screen where it gives the history of the table. The 'check/OK' and the 'go back' buttons do nothing.

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not *that* bad on android.

The mobile versions seem better than the PC version. The PC version continues to get new bugs and old features continue to break.

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

and they just had to find ways to mess up the emulation as well. When there is open source emulation that is better. Why have all the hooks and other stuff? Why can't you walk up to the games and coin them / hit the start button? some games have cool sound quotes for that. Why does starting an game feel like loading an save state?

#2192 7 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and they just had to find ways to mess up the emulation as well. When there is open source emulation that is better. Why have all the hooks and other stuff? Why can't you walk up to the games and coin them / hit the start button? some games have cool sound quotes for that. Why does starting an game feel like loading an save state?

They will say it caused problems elsewhere. It's the same reason they give for some of the missing match sequences.

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

They will say it caused problems elsewhere. It's the same reason they give for some of the missing match sequences.

All as they want hook any kinds of shit in to the live game and not have it be real emulation.

#2194 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Seperate, like their custom Ghostbusters table.

Ahhh, thank you.

If that's the case, they can make as many of those as they like.

#2195 7 years ago

After having issues with Stern Pinball Arcade (PC), I can now play it after the last patch. Mind you, the portrait mode is still messed up...the opening screen won't show all the options (but I know where they are and can hit them), and the nudge for the keyboard is still only existing on the A key, nothing on the right hand side. I have all the old machines, and they play on SBA since I logged in. Mustang is messed up in portrait, you still can't see the top of the table.

Despite all of this, I jumped in and bought Star Trek. It's not bad, it plays nice and fast (I have a Nvidia GTX1060 and 32 gig of ram), and I enjoy it....bugs and all. I don't plan on buying Mustang, it's always been a "meh" table for me. Maybe AC/DC if they fix the bugs.

I'm about a month or so from buying Oculus Rift, so I am eager to see if TPA or SPA release in VR.

2 months later
#2196 7 years ago

Hang on to your Lionman. Swords of Fury is coming to the pinball arcade app....... Sold mine about a year ago. Miss it. Should be a good way to get some action back.

#2197 7 years ago

Is it the next table?

#2198 7 years ago

The new released table is Cactus Jack... another f***ing Gottlieb s*** game (pardon my french)!

#2199 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is it the next table?

LIONMAN!

In other words, yes.

#2200 7 years ago

Was excited to see Swords of Fury is the last in the season, but agree with others, its been a suckfest of unpopular and low tier gottlieb tables, even the williams tables we're 4th tier in my opinion.

I do like 8ball, Dr. Who, and the 2 EM's, so with SOF with maybe Cactus as enjoyable, maybe worth picking up the season, but really only SOF is a real winner.

Stern Pinball Arcade will have Ghostbusters this month or in April, so that's a sure thing for me but feel like there build isn't as solid in the SPBA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 109.00
$ 63.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.