(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 50.
#1951 8 years ago

That price of $15 for a season on the PC version has been there for awhile on the first two seasons. It was some months ago that I took the bite when I saw it wasn't $30. Unless it's some rolling thing they've done for awhile it has been around.

#1952 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Rumor has it they might be doing a Kickstarter for TSPP.
I hope this is true!

Where did you hear this?

#1953 8 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

Where did you hear this?

Pinballarcadefans.com

The forums their have some guys who are "in the know". Farsight can't really seem to keep any secrets.

#1954 8 years ago

They finally released 3 more of the season 4 tables on the PS4...

#1955 8 years ago

FYI - Space Shuttle is the free game this month with unlimited play, even though the last few monthly free games no longer have the yellow badge to identify them. I imagine that's a bug.

#1956 8 years ago

I bought season packs 1 and 2 for iOS for $15 each. I've only ever played Pinball Arcade on my iPhone 5S and while i may sometimes nudge the table up instead of hitting the flipper, I've definitely got my bang for the buck so to speak.

Going to download the free table on Steam and see how that plays.

#1957 8 years ago

I too wish they'd half the price on season three. I've already got one and two. Probably won't happen till season five or six is done though.

#1958 8 years ago

I wonder if they'll reconsider the half-price season discount thing at some point. At least with me (and probably a number of other posters here), they're training us not to buy when the tables are released in hopes of a discount down the road.

#1959 8 years ago

That's what I'm doing. I'll buy a season at 50% off and that's it. The exception, if I have nearly no interest in a full season, if the price of a table or two is less I'll just do that so I have less clutter to slide through on that big wheel of a menu.

#1960 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wonder if they'll reconsider the half-price season discount thing at some point. At least with me (and probably a number of other posters here), they're training us not to buy when the tables are released in hopes of a discount down the road.

I will wait now. I emailed them last month hoping for a discount on my 2nd season 1 purchase. I have now purchased it at full price for both Android and IOS. I wish I new about this sale before buying it this time for IOS. I did buy season 2 for IOS on the sale, and I will probably buy later seasons if I see them on sale. I would like to have the PC and Wii U versions, but it is just ridiculous to have to buy the same thing for each different platform.

#1961 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Just FYI, Pinball Arcade has never had a significant sale during the steam sales for the past several years, winter or summer. A few tables have been on sale at best, I think there was a deal to get a few season one tables for $0.01 or something last winter, but that was about it. Don't wait expecting 50% off or something. If they do go crazy and cut a deal next season, my bad, but it's yet to happen.

lets not talk too soon... 50% sale now up ... season 2 YES!!

#1962 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

lets not talk too soon... 50% sale now up ... season 2 YES!!

Unrelated to the Steam Sale.... Just sayin'.

#1963 8 years ago

This is a crude copy and paste from an email I got a week ago for all the sale details:

This time around, the Season One and Two passes are 50% off the retail price on all platforms!

Season One Bundle (21 Tables) - $29.99 -> $14.99
Season One Pro Bundle - $39.99 -> $19.99
Season One Pro Upgrade - $9.99 -> $4.99

Season Two Bundle (19 Tables) - $29.99 -> $14.99
Season Two Pro Bundle - $39.99 -> $19.99
Season Two Pro Upgrade - $9.99 -> $4.99

SALE DATES
iOS & Android (Google Play, Amazon & OUYA) - TODAY 7/24/15 - 8/28/15
Steam - Tomorrow @ 10AM 7/25/15 - 8/08/15
PS4, PS3 & Vita - 7/29/15 - 8/28/15
PS4, PS3 & Vita Europe - Stay tuned to the Pinball Arcade Facebook Page for sale dates.
Xbox One & Xbox 360 - Stay tuned to the Pinball Arcade Facebook Page for sale dates.

I'm around $9.25 right now. I bet you they will not allow me to combine using my CC or Paypal with the credit I have to snag the deal. I strongly believe I will not make another $6 in credit through surveys by the 28th, but I hope I do. At the least I know I can add $5 using a new google credit system where you can buy a digital google play card which they just started doing. If they're not going to allow people a discount or carry over deal with their login between systems, this is the only way I imagine I'll get my value out of the 50% off sale. It'll be like buying it once (on IOS) and getting it free on Android that way at least.

#1964 8 years ago

Safecracker out on iOS!

got a couple coins already!

#1965 8 years ago

Streaming the Jackbot, Xenon, and Cyclone tables tonight at 6:30 PM EST on www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre.

#1966 8 years ago

Safecracker plays very well in my opinion. It's one of their best feeling games in terms of physics. The one thing is that the ball feels like it dribbles off the white pop bumper when it should pop sometimes.

#1967 8 years ago

Going to be streaming Pinball Arcade right now at www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

#1968 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Safecracker out on iOS!
got a couple coins already!

Safecracker demo was just too intriguing. I had to pop for season 4. I travel for work and visit a lot of pinball locations, but have yet to see that pin in real life.

I'm finding TAF pretty challenging in Pinball Arcade.

#1969 8 years ago

Do they not pro-rate the season package for people that have already purchased one or more tables?

#1970 8 years ago

Certainly not on iOS.

#1971 8 years ago

Nope, not on any systems (information bought to you by the one and only game I bought on the Ouya).

Sooooo jonesing for Season 5

#1972 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

They finally released 3 more of the season 4 tables on the PS4...

That great.

Too bad they haven't updated their PS3 lineup since last year. Its a shame that they gave up on all of us early adopters who made the purchase back when it was available only on the PS3.

Our last update was POTO and the only game listed for Season 4.

I'd love to buy a bunch of the their new titles but they haven't made them available for us dinosaurs still rocking a PS3.

#1973 8 years ago

So Mary Shelley's Frankenstein has been confirmed as one of this year's Halloween tables.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1974 8 years ago

Any of you guys having issues with the safecracker standard goals on PC or other platforms? For whatever reason the "achieve a sewer award" one isn't working for me- you don't have to do something crazy like get all five do you?

#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Any of you guys having issues with the safecracker standard goals on PC or other platforms? For whatever reason the "achieve a sewer award" one isn't working for me- you don't have to do something crazy like get all five do you?

Yes. Well, in that I had an issue getting it to trigger. No particular rhyme or reason to it as far as I can tell. Took 2-3 games where I know damn well that I collected multiple sewer awards before the goal triggered.

Farsite being Farsite, basically.

#1976 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Yes. Well, in that I had an issue getting it to trigger. No particular rhyme or reason to it as far as I can tell. Took 2-3 games where I know damn well that I collected multiple sewer awards before the goal triggered.
Farsite being Farsite, basically.

Thanks- I'm on something like 30 and no love. It's probably something obscure and dumb like you have to do it after getting to the board.

#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Do they not pro-rate the season package for people that have already purchased one or more tables?

Nope. They give no breaks to anyone who have bought tables already in a season or if you bought it on another device despite having a pinball arcade login and password. The only deal is when they do rarely those 50% off season passes. I just racked up enough credit and did season 1 on my android tablet since all it had were the few freebies that ever popped up + TAF. I won't buy their passes until they're 50% off at this rate since I'm stuck between apple and android (phone/tablet.)

#1978 8 years ago

This may already have been discussed but has anyone else on Xbox lost all their progress and high scores? It happened to me and others, I don't know if it happened to everyone. Last I heard they were working on a fix but I'm not aware of any updates since then. Aside from that, anyone else have any info on when the consoles will get the rest of season 4?

1 week later
#1979 8 years ago

The Getaway: High Speed II is the next game up on Pinball Arcade. We'll be giving away unlocks of the game during our stream tonight (8 p.m. Eastern) as we play the REAL game. Watch live and win! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#1980 8 years ago

Dummy double post!

#1981 8 years ago

Secret Mania for the win!

#1982 8 years ago

Worked out the math on the hint for the next table and got 14. Any ideas?

#1983 8 years ago

Sure do! F-14 Tomcat.Another Ritchie title.

#1984 8 years ago

Yeah I just got 14 too. Prob it....keep up the Ritchie stuff

#1985 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Sure do! F-14 Tomcat.Another Ritchie title.

Welp. I'm an idiot. All that math and it never occurred to me. Lol

1 week later
#1986 8 years ago

Curse you math! I've heard F-14 is a solid table. I recently snapped up season1 for android so at least now my tablet is far less boring, but still needs season 2 to match my phone. I'm kind of sad they don't discount season 3 still and now with the newest game Season 5 starts.

#1987 8 years ago

So Cabinet support officially suspended by Farsight. One word comes to mind... liars. Well the company is owned by a politician so....

#1989 8 years ago

Getaway feels really bad IMO. The whole thing plays like it's in slow motion on iOS. Isn't it the sequel to High Speed?

#1990 8 years ago

Plays great on my PC.
which iOS device are you using?

#1991 8 years ago

iPad Air. If anything I think most tables play too fast in terms of physics.

#1992 8 years ago
Quoted from strangetown:

So Cabinet support officially suspended by Farsight. One word comes to mind... liars. Well the company is owned by a politician so....

What does this mean?

#1993 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

What does this mean?

I believe the President of farsight is now the mayor of Big Bear Cali.

#1994 8 years ago
Quoted from strangetown:

Well that sucks. I've been waiting to hear an update on this for what feels like years now. What was the reason for this? I mean how far is it to switch the view to top down and add three screen support? The game is already on PC. I'd imagine the hardest part for them is already done.

#1995 8 years ago

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/10643-BlahCade-Podcast-21-BlahCade-Theatre-w-Bobby-Pt-2?p=219757&viewfull=1#post219757
Their quote from a podcast in above link said "cabinet support is on indefinite hold for business reasons". Speculation is they maybe planning a commercial vpin.

I pumped about 200$ into this game supporting it on multiple platforms over the years mainly to support the company because one day they said they will support cabinets. They have even shown it at gaming shows, and even said it would be free for the Steam version.

Like I said their boss is a politician and when it comes to breaking promises... enough said. The guys integrity is in serious doubt.

#1996 8 years ago
Quoted from strangetown:

Speculation is they maybe planning a commercial vpin.

Interesting.

#1997 8 years ago
Quoted from strangetown:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/10643-BlahCade-Podcast-21-BlahCade-Theatre-w-Bobby-Pt-2?p=219757&viewfull=1#post219757
Their quote from a podcast in above link said "cabinet support is on indefinite hold for business reasons". Speculation is they maybe planning a commercial vpin.
I pumped about 200$ into this game supporting it on multiple platforms over the years mainly to support the company because one day they said they will support cabinets. They have even shown it at gaming shows, and even said it would be free for the Steam version.
Like I said their boss is a politician and when it comes to breaking promises... enough said. The guys integrity is in serious doubt.

I'm with you, I bought every game they ever released on iOS to show my support and was excited as all heck when I first heard of future cab support. I was prepared to shell out even more money for the cab versions, no questions asked. This makes sense though why I haven't read anything about it in their newsletters in a long time. If they do make a commercial pin that type of software usually finds its way on the internet somehow, but clearly we can't believe anything they say, or speculate, at this point.

#1998 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Plays great on my PC.
which iOS device are you using?

yep PC is good.

#1999 8 years ago

They better hold off on their commercial cab until they can get the physics a whole bunch better. As it stands, Visual Pinball eats their lunch when it comes to physics and the ability to capture some real pinball feel.

#2000 8 years ago

REALLY looking forward to seeing F-14.

3-4 hour session in one game, awesome, all of a sudden everyone's a wizard.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Wanted
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
Plastics
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.