(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 50.
#1701 9 years ago

It's out for Xbox One now!

All tables up to Bram Stoker's Dracula are included.

1 week later
#1703 9 years ago

- Earthshaker is coming out this week
- Starship Troopers confirmed as next table
- Addams Family table after that

#1704 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Sweet lineup!

#1705 9 years ago

Earthshaker has been released for portable consoles today! The shaker motor is emulated by shaking the table in the game along with rumbling the system!

#1706 9 years ago

On my iPad, I'm trying to buy Earthshaker. I want the $5 version. They also offer an $8 version. When I click 'buy' it offers: CANCEL - BUY EARTHSHAKER - BUY EARTHSHAKER --I cannot tell which is which - it's not labeled. Strange. Guess I'll have to wait for an update, but looks like a nicely profitable omission

#1707 9 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

On my iPad, I'm trying to buy Earthshaker. I want the $5 version. They also offer an $8 version. When I click 'buy' it offers: CANCEL - BUY EARTHSHAKER - BUY EARTHSHAKER --I cannot tell which is which - it's not labeled. Strange. Guess I'll have to wait for an update, but looks like a nicely profitable omission

The 8 dollar version offers IFPA pro tips, Playfield navigation, and being able to change the game's features using the display

#1708 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

The 8 dollar version offers IFPA pro tips, Playfield navigation, and being able to change the game's features using the display

Yeah. My point is that the game doesn't indicate which button buys which version.

#1709 9 years ago

Season 1 and season 2 table packs are on sale for 50% off ($15ea for most platforms).

Even though I already own a few tables in going to buy both seasons for a mobile platform (ios or android, haven't decided which) and possibly PC. How is the PC version these days? Is full screen portrait mode supported yet?

#1710 9 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Yeah. My point is that the game doesn't indicate which button buys which version.

Yeah, TPA's interface has always been a pig. The text doesn't fit in the buttons so you just see "Buy Earthshaker" in each one.

The first option is the 'normal' $5 and the second is the 'pro' $8.

#1711 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Yeah, TPA's interface has always been a pig. The text doesn't fit in the buttons so you just see "Buy Earthshaker" in each one.
The first option is the 'normal' $5 and the second is the 'pro' $8.

Thank you!

#1712 9 years ago

17 tables coming out on the 23rd for PS4 for 30 bucks!

Granted, they're the previously released games, but I'm still excited.

3 weeks later
#1713 9 years ago

Anybody know what table is being released this month in TPA?

#1715 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

#1716 9 years ago

After playing TPA on Xbox One the game just feels more natural on mobile~

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1717 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody know what table is being released this month in TPA?

Starship Troopers.

Also, looks like Xenon is coming, based on the 1980 (and earlier) poll.

#1718 9 years ago

I've tried playing on my Xbox One and it is virtually unplayable. EXTREMELY laggy. THe ball goes near the flippers, I hit the button and over a second later the flipper finally flips...when the ball had already drained.

#1719 9 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

I've tried playing on my Xbox One and it is virtually unplayable. EXTREMELY laggy. THe ball goes near the flippers, I hit the button and over a second later the flipper finally flips...when the ball had already drained.

look in your TV's settings for a "gaming" mode. this sounds like display lag.

#1720 9 years ago

I presume there is going to be a Twitch Livestream for Starship Troopers tonight at 6 EST. Badger and Mike have also allowed me to host on their channel after, so I am going to play some more pinball arcade.

#1721 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

look in your TV's settings for a "gaming" mode. this sounds like display lag.

All my other video games run fine, but I will check the settings just in case.

#1722 9 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

All my other video games run fine, but I will check the settings just in case.

pinball is a lot more split-second dependent than a lot of other games. i didn't notice how much lag my old TV had until i bought a new one and suddenly all my pinball arcade scores doubled! i still sucked at Madden, though.

#1723 9 years ago

Aren't they suppose to release Starship Troopers today?

#1724 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Aren't they suppose to release Starship Troopers today?

Probably more like next Friday. I heard someone say the android beta just started.

#1725 9 years ago

It's always usual mid month release so that's weird?

#1726 9 years ago

Probably slipped because of the holidays.

#1727 9 years ago

Yep.. TV lag redman.. I've got it on my XB1 and it plays fine. Put it in game mode or strip down TV processing features if it does not have a "game" mode.

#1728 9 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks that Zen Pinball's physics are much better? I like their tables a lot too. Would love the Pinball Arcade selection of real tables with Zen's physics.

Edit: Just read through some of this. I see others like Zen. Surprised people are saying the physics aren't as good though.

#1729 9 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Yep.. TV lag redman.. I've got it on my XB1 and it plays fine. Put it in game mode or strip down TV processing features if it does not have a "game" mode.

yep. turn off any kind of noise reduction, motion smoothing, tru-pixel, quad-whatever -- if it is possible to turn a feature off, turn it off. it is all crap and just makes your picture look worse anyway. plus it introduces lag. oh and put it at the lowest Hz setting as well. if it's upscaling the framerate, that adds lag too.

#1730 9 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

Am I the only one that thinks that Zen Pinball's physics are much better? I like their tables a lot too. Would love the Pinball Arcade selection of real tables with Zen's physics.
Edit: Just read through some of this. I see others like Zen. Surprised people are saying the physics aren't as good though.

I had played a lot of Zen Pinball before getting TPA and I had been pretty good. But after spending time with TPA, I notice a HUGE difference between the physics when I go back to Zen. ZP's ball feels a bit 'heavier' in that it does not bounce off the flippers as much. The rubbers also feel a bit more sprung.

Also, I prefer TPA's nudge as it does not set off the tilt unless you do it multiple times in a row.

Maybe start a poll to see who prefers what physics?

#1731 9 years ago

Zen physics are not realistic at all - the ball is way too heavy and "direct". TPA's engine comes closer, but still needs some improvement.

#1732 9 years ago

I really wish TPA would implement what ZEN does for PS4 (don't know if they do it for XBOX1 since I don't have one but I'm guessing they do). All the ZEN tables I bought on PS3 import for free on my PS4. No way I'm going to re-buy the tables for TPA again on PS4 even with the discount they have for PS4 owners who purchased on the PS3.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1733 9 years ago

Yes, everyone, that was it! I turned off all the 'enhancement features' on the TV and it started to work perfectly. THANKS!

#1734 9 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Yes, everyone, that was it! I turned off all the 'enhancement features' on the TV and it started to work perfectly. THANKS!

glad you got it fixed!

#1735 9 years ago

Stream confirmed for Starship Troopers tonight at 6:00 EST. FarSight will host me on their channel as soon as the stream ends.

As @BadgerDeluxe would say "tell your friends, your enemies, your whatever".

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade
http://www.twitch.tv/farsight_studios

#1736 9 years ago

Starship Troopers on iOS now...but appears to be buggy as I can only get one rather distant camera angle that shows the whole machine?

#1737 9 years ago

Yep, me too, only shows camera angle 1 after the ball plunge even if you try and change the view. Hope they fix it soon.

#1738 9 years ago

Nice roll out, Farsight..

#1739 9 years ago

Typical. Did they at least include the rule set this time, or is that listed as "Coming soon!" like they did on Earthshaker (Steam)?

#1740 9 years ago

Yup just tried... No luck either

#1741 9 years ago

Oh well there is always Monday....

#1742 9 years ago

Works on my sons iPad mini, works in my iPhone 5, just a problem with my iPad mini w/retina display. I wonder if the problem is only with the retina display model? Anybody else having problems?

#1743 9 years ago
Quoted from McDudeMan:

Maybe start a poll to see who prefers what physics?

Do it, but remember to add the option for neither.

#1744 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Typical. Did they at least include the rule set this time, or is that listed as "Coming soon!" like they did on Earthshaker (Steam)?

The rule set is in Starship Troopers.

Next month: Addams Family!

#1745 9 years ago

Starship Troopers repeatedly crashes on first plunge on my iPad mini with Retina Display. No change after a restart. It will play on my iPad Air, but as mentioned previously, the camera angle is not adjustable. They'll have to do better than this if they want me to buy in on this one (I have all of the previous tables).

#1746 9 years ago

Xbox 1 now 2 tables behind. No Earthshaker or Starship Troopers.

#1747 9 years ago

ps3 is behind also, we haven't got Party Zone yet. Played Starship Trooper on Android tablet though. Enjoyed it.

2 weeks later
#1750 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

SHOWTIME!
» YouTube video

Dude, you had me running to my phone to check if TAF had been released yet!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.