(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,473 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LynnInDenver
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

There are 2473 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 50.
#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Interesting site, thanks for sharing. Wonder if they're trending based on the slope of the total or based upon the daily value. If you look at the daily values for some reason there was a reduction of 7.6k of donations last week? Wonder what caused that.

there was some joker who made a fake $10,000 contribution in order to get it to $66,666, and every time someone new contributed that person would adjust their amount downward to keep it at $66,666. i guess they thought it was funny. eventually that person cancelled their fake bid (or got banned), thus why total donations went down on that one day. the kickstarter is still well on track to make its goal.

1 week later
#1602 7 years ago

Shoot the Catwalk!

image-776.jpgimage-712.jpgimage-226.jpg

#1603 7 years ago

the kickstarter made its goal, by the way! (still 5 days to go)

#1604 7 years ago

I finally loaded this up on my PC because I got sick of waiting for the XBOX version. Runs pretty good and looks better. Playing TOTAN but Not buying any tables until they add cabinet mode and let you move the DMD off the main screen.

There was a rumor that they are building a coin-op version with VirtuaPin, I called and asked about it but got no response.

#1605 7 years ago

I'd like more early SS pins in TPA. Looking forward to Phantom of the Opera and TAF, though. Without TPA I wouldn't have a pin in the basement now.

#1606 7 years ago
Quoted from Kugelhagelfisch:

I'd like more early SS pins in TPA. Looking forward to Phantom of the Opera and TAF, though. Without TPA I wouldn't have a pin in the basement now.

Same here on all points!

#1607 7 years ago
Quoted from Kugelhagelfisch:

I wouldn't mind a few good EM's either, Bank Shot or whatever just plays weird, seems like the table is scaled wrong or something, like the ball is too small for the table. Abra-ca-dabra would be a good one, maybe Aztec or some other classic.

Once I get my cabinet going it will be hard not to start buying them, Great for learning the rules etc.

#1608 7 years ago

NEWS UPDATE October 2014:

- Phantom of the Opera has been released for all platforms except iOS. Along with BSD, the previous table, Mac has been delaying some tables because of "a sudden spike in review time". Expect the table to come next Monday or earlier.
- The Addams Family has been successfully funded! In February 2015, TAF will be released for Pinball Arcade. If the team puts their best foot forward on the recreation, this could get even more people to discover pinball!
- Ghostbusters Pinball, an original mod table based off of Haunted House, will be available before October's end. The table features several elements based off the first two movies and uses a token system where you can purchase tokens using money or wait for them.
- Halloween Tournament has been announced. Every spooky table from the last 4 halloween seasons will be available for play on iOS. However PS3 / PS4 users will have Diner and HRC in the tournament rather than the two latest tables.
- Party Zone will be the next table and be released in November 2014.

#1609 7 years ago

.....taking kickstarter money from people and yet still crickets on Xbox 360, I'm sure glad I bought those tables!

#1610 7 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

- Ghostbusters Pinball, an original mod table based off of Haunted House, will be available before October's end. The table features several elements based off the first two movies and uses a token system where you can purchase tokens using money or wait for them.

This DLC shit needs to stop!

#1611 7 years ago

Interesting that the Data East logo doesn't appear on the table. Looking forward to more DE games in the future!

#1612 7 years ago

Looks like Party Zone is next, from what I could tell from the hint.

#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

.....taking kickstarter money from people and yet still crickets on Xbox 360, I'm sure glad I bought those tables!

For the 360 version, I just think:

Xbox One version, where are you?

#1614 7 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

Interesting that the Data East logo doesn't appear on the table. Looking forward to more DE games in the future!

Despite having the license to Data East tables, POTO is still listed as a Stern table because Data East technically later became Stern. Expect for other Data East and SEGA tables to be branded this way.

#1615 7 years ago

Why am I not able to see POTO to download on iOS? It still shows BSD.

#1616 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Why am I not able to see POTO to download on iOS? It still shows BSD.

From above, and per their newsletter/website:

Quoted from Kineticross:

- Phantom of the Opera has been released for all platforms except iOS. Along with BSD, the previous table, Mac has been delaying some tables because of "a sudden spike in review time". Expect the table to come next Monday or earlier.

#1617 7 years ago

Here's the hint, in case you guys would like to know what it is:

october_hint.jpg

Next month's free game is Twilight Zone.

#1618 7 years ago

Any word on the Xbox 360/One edition yet? They butchered the achievements on the Xbox One version of Pinball FX so I have my fingers crossed to just be able to play Pinball Arcade soon. I've only been waiting since they took it off the market place.....

#1619 7 years ago

So the other day i was cleaning up and going threw some old paperwork and i came across the shipping invoice for a pinball machine i sold to a very nice gentleman in California. Never bothered to look at the recipe until recently and discovered it was none other the Farsight Studio's!!! It was my Dracula that i had fully restored lol. I feel honored to be a small part of the development of this latest release

#1620 7 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

So the other day i was cleaning up and going threw some old paperwork and i came across the shipping invoice for a pinball machine i sold to a very nice gentleman in California. Never bothered to look at the recipe until recently and discovered it was none other the Farsight Studio's!!! It was my Dracula that i had fully restored lol. I feel honored to be a small part of the development of this latest release

Very cool!

#1621 7 years ago

Definitely different for sure. So in some part you'll always be able to "play" and "see" your machine. Heh.

#1622 7 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

Definitely different for sure. So in some part you'll always be able to "play" and "see" your machine. Heh.

Hahaha yes, Pinball arcade has made it "Immortal" Mwhahahaha

#1623 7 years ago

Its too funny because now i have been playing it seeing if i notice the one or two small things i did and or added to the real game that weren't necessarily part of the original game.

#1624 7 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

Its too funny because now i have been playing it seeing if i notice the one or two small things i did and or added to the real game that weren't necessarily part of the original game.

I wish you'd swapped in a better "Dracula in the Coffin" figurine before you shipped it to them!

#1625 7 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

I think this will be the model for their own custom games. Free to play where you buy credits or wait for a timer to expire. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets it's own app.

#1626 7 years ago

I wonder if they're going to have a "buy season 4" option like they had for season 2 or 3?

#1627 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I wonder if they're going to have a "buy season 4" option like they had for season 2 or 3?

Don't see why they wouldn't. On the Apple Store you had to wait until the end of Season 3 to get the option to buy the whole season which is annoying (apparently Apple wouldn't let them sell it before the whole thing was released). But it did show up eventually.

#1628 7 years ago

I bought season 3 the day the first table was released. Same with season 2.

#1629 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I bought season 3 the day the first table was released. Same with season 2.

On an iPad? Maybe I messed it up somehow but I didn't ever see that option until the last Season 3 table was released (and had read online that they had problems with Apple about the season pass model and weren't allowed to do it for Season 3).

#1630 7 years ago

Yea.. These were both on iPad. I like buying with the season option upfront, because it makes paying 5 dollars for absolute crap games like phantom seem somehow ok..

#1631 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yea.. These were both on iPad. I like buying with the season option upfront, because it makes paying 5 dollars for absolute crap games like phantom seem somehow ok..

Well at least I'm not totally crazy, according to this thread looks like they had the season pass option up for S3 for a while, but then Apple made them take it down. So based on that I'd expect no Season 4 pass option until all the games are released, unless they've worked something out in the meantime.
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/6902-Mac-Version-3-1-0-Bugs?p=124182&viewfull=1#post124182

#1632 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

well put, i also like going this route

#1633 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Well at least I'm not totally crazy, according to this thread looks like they had the season pass option up for S3 for a while, but then Apple made them take it down. So based on that I'd expect no Season 4 pass option until all the games are released, unless they've worked something out in the meantime.
http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/6902-Mac-Version-3-1-0-Bugs?p=124182&viewfull=1#post124182

Interesting. Thanks for that. I won't be buying anything from them until next year, I guess

#1634 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Interesting. Thanks for that. I won't be buying anything from them until next year, I guess

Same here. Season pass only for me.

#1635 7 years ago

Take my word on that too, even when I'm a PC-only user.

Sad that I have to wait on the Ghostbusters table, though

#1636 7 years ago

They released Ghostbusters on iOS today.

#1637 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Here's the hint, in case you guys would like to know what it is:

Next month's free game is Twilight Zone.

october_hint.jpg 30 KB

So Party Zone?

#1638 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

Take my word on that too, even when I'm a PC-only user.
Sad that I have to wait on the Ghostbusters table, though

Looks like Ghostbusters is a stand-alone ap, so presumably not part of Pinball Arcade Season 4 anyway (unless you meant that the Ghostbusters ap is not coming out on PC until later, in which case I'm sorry!)

#1639 7 years ago

Yeah, so is this so FS can prove they can make custom tables?

#1640 7 years ago

Ghostbuster on ipad is just about as fun as Haunted House on the ipad.

#1641 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, so is this so FS can prove they can make custom tables?

It's a complete copy of Haunted House isn't it??? Which is a great theme and artwork, but the play itself is pretty shitey IMO...

#1642 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It's a complete copy of Haunted House isn't it??? Which is a great theme and artwork, but the play itself is pretty shitey IMO...

Re-skinned Haunted House with some sort of multiball added in as far as I understand it. Damn near couldn't have chosen a worse starting table out of the ones they've done.

#1643 7 years ago

What's the cost for "tokens" and is there a way to just buy unlimited play? Agree that it looks cool but feels just like Haunted House, which is not super exciting when I've already bought Haunted House.

#1644 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What's the cost for "tokens" and is there a way to just buy unlimited play? Agree that it looks cool but feels just like Haunted House, which is not super exciting when I've already bought Haunted House.

It's a train wreck.

#1645 7 years ago

I don't understand why they don't send an announcement when iOS store actually approves the updates. I've had to go hunting the last two months to see that an update is available - would be great if they could just send a little email saying "hey iOS users, we know you pay through the nose for app, so we're just letting you know the update is approved and waiting for you."

#1646 7 years ago

When is this company going to fix MM for Vita? Every time I try to play it, it says there is a newer version in the store. You click to go to the store and it's linked to a page that has no download. Literally been this way all of this year. I've stopped giving them money until they get back to issues they have been ignoring. They probably got $300 out of me which is pretty good if you ask me.

I guess Jay Obernolte is too busy being the Mayor of his town to care about my problem. lol.

#1647 7 years ago
Quoted from 3rdaxis:

It's even more funny bc you have applied with them for a job at there company...haha!! Small world sometimes eh

#1648 7 years ago

Proud to announce that there are 3 tables semi-confirmed for Season 4:

- The Getaway: High Speed II
- Earthshaker!
- Starship Troopers

#1649 7 years ago

Starship Troopers... NO WAY!

The SEGA machines are coming!

#1650 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Starship Troopers... NO WAY!
The SEGA machines are coming!

Technically Harley Davidson is already a SEGA but if you want to get technical...

There are 2473 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 50.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside