(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 50.
#101 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Whatever happened to making a game THEN releasing it?

That's all well and good, but if the update irons out the bugs, it's worth being updated. That goes for pins, video games, applications, just about anything that uses any computer programming whatsoever.

#102 12 years ago

Gotta say that releasing a game then DLC tables a few days later is a dick move. Sort of turns me off from the title altogether.

#103 12 years ago

What turns me off is releasing a game with content that's on the disc, and then the only way to unlock it is to pay for it. Final Fantasy and Marvel Vs. Capcom did that recently. At least Farsight isn't BS'ing the customer into buying the game then buying things that are already on it. They announced what their intent was and are delivering that much.

Of course I would love to see it all packed onto a disc as I know Farsight could do, but it doesn't seem to be in the business plan. Physical discs cost more money to make, and I'm sure that's a factor with download titles.

#104 12 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Gotta say that releasing a game then DLC tables a few days later is a dick move. Sort of turns me off from the title altogether.

Yeah, but they're going to be releasing new tables every month for years to come....and the game was already out for a month before the first tables came out on Android. Same will be true for consoles. The first tables won't be out on 360/PS3 till May. Plus they just finished the two new tables, so they weren't ready for the initial release anyway.

#105 12 years ago

Is this ever coming out for wii?

#106 12 years ago

Downloaded MM and BOP for android today and I think they're both pretty good.I was playing BOP earlier however and the ball flew off the table and the machine went into ball search mode and it left me no other option in the end other than restarting the game. I'm sure we're looking at several updaes and patches before it's all said and done.

#107 12 years ago

Still wondering when the 3DS version is coming out..

#108 12 years ago

would love an Atari VCS version, still not sure about upgrading to those new consoles

#109 12 years ago

Anyone know when MM and BOP will be ready for iOS?

#110 12 years ago
Quoted from Twitch_Boy:

Anyone know when MM and BOP will be ready for iOS?

They're in the Approval stage with Apple.

PS3 release is tomorrow!

#111 12 years ago

Yep. Downloading tomorrow!

#112 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yep. Downloading tomorrow!

+1!

#113 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Is this ever coming out for wii?

It is not :/

#114 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

Erik said:Gotta say that releasing a game then DLC tables a few days later is a dick move. Sort of turns me off from the title altogether.
Yeah, but they're going to be releasing new tables every month for years to come....and the game was already out for a month before the first tables came out on Android. Same will be true for consoles. The first tables won't be out on 360/PS3 till May. Plus they just finished the two new tables, so they weren't ready for the initial release anyway.

The thing is, they already had all of the current tables except Stern's. In their current/old hall of fame release. So I hope new DLC is new stuff, not the tables they already have...MM and bop are already done under the old game.

#115 12 years ago

Tables already done by farsight in the hall of fame games, so I think we deserve some "NEW" ones :
Ace High (1957)
Big Shot (1974)
Black Hole (1981)
Central Park (1966)
Genie (1979)
Tee'd Off (1993)
Victory (1987)
Play-Boy (1932)
Xolten
Love Meter

The following are included in the PSP, Wii[1] and Gottlieb Pinball Classics versions of the game:
El Dorado City of Gold (1984)
Goin' Nuts (1983)
Strikes n' Spares (1995)

Black Knight
Firepower
Funhouse
Gorgar
Pin*Bot
Space Shuttle
Taxi
Whirlwind

The following are in the PSP, Wii, PS3 and X360 versions only:
Jive Time (Unlockable for PS3 and X360 versions)
Sorcerer

The following are in the PS3 and X360 versions only:
Tales of the Arabian Nights[1]
Medieval Madness[1]
No Good Gofers[3]

#116 12 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The thing is, they already had all of the current tables except Stern's. In their current/old hall of fame release. So I hope new DLC is new stuff, not the tables they already have...MM and bop are already done under the old game.

You're thinking of Pinbot in the WMS HoF, not BOP. TOTAN and MM were in it though so I'm not excited about the rehash of those with so many good titles yet to be reproduced.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#117 12 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

You're thinking of Pinbot in the WMS HoF, not BOP. TOTAN and MM were in it though so I'm not excited about the rehash of those with so many good titles yet to be reproduced.

Ah, got me there. Ya I mean I want MM bad...but lets get some new not in emulator tables

#118 12 years ago

This will be the first iteration of BOP. I am not too excited for it though, as I have the real table. Thats no fault of Farsights though

#119 12 years ago

I played some games on my sons xbox on a large HD TV and hell ya it was fun. What a great way to learn a game youve never played before. Looking forward to seeing more games on the list. Playing Black Hole sure brought back memories of playing it from the good ole days.

#120 12 years ago

And Zen announced zen pinball 2 for ps3/psp, another good news of the day for virtual pin

#121 12 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Jeffy777 said:Erik said:Gotta say that releasing a game then DLC tables a few days later is a dick move. Sort of turns me off from the title altogether.

I hear ya.....the good thing about re-releasing MM and other tables is that the physics are much better now than they were in their older PHOF collections.

Sounds like they have a lot of new stuff coming too: AFM, CFTBL, CV, MB, etc.....also TOM wasn't in PHOF either, so that's another new one.

#122 12 years ago

For people who lose balls. You can always goto call attendant in the options and it will give you your ball back in the shooter lane.

#123 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

northvibe said:Jeffy777 said:Erik said:Gotta say that releasing a game then DLC tables a few days later is a dick move. Sort of turns me off from the title altogether.

I hear ya.....the good thing about re-releasing MM and other tables is that the physics are much better now than they were in their older PHOF collections.
Sounds like they have a lot of new stuff coming too: AFM, CFTBL, CV, MB, etc.....also TOM wasn't in PHOF either, so that's another new one.

Ya I was hoping the graphics (on ipad) were updated and physics. Can't wait for more of the tables, and yes I'm very happy with TOM. I love the game.

#124 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

I'll be interested to see what happens to demand for those pins when they are released as DLC. If this title can stir up interest in RBION then the values of fun games should go through the roof

#125 12 years ago

It amazes me that HS, FT, and Diner aren't in any games, but then again, look at all the other rejected pins that didn't appear.

#126 12 years ago

High Speed came out a LOOONNG time ago

HS.jpgHS.jpg

#127 12 years ago
Quoted from sixsixtie:

For people who lose balls. You can always goto call attendant in the options and it will give you your ball back in the shooter lane.

Actually in my case even though the ball few off the table and the machine went into ball search mode when I chose call attendant it gave me a message that that the ball was not stuck and it was cancelling "call attendant".

#128 12 years ago

Pinbot was on the nintendo as well

PinbotNES.pngPinbotNES.png

#129 12 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jeffy777 said:
I'll be interested to see what happens to demand for those pins when they are released as DLC. If this title can stir up interest in RBION then the values of fun games should go through the roof

It will definitely be interesting.

I also love the way they show the rule sets with the guided instructions. That alone is worth the price.

#130 12 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

I also love the way they show the rule sets with the guided instructions. That alone is worth the price.

Absolutely agree. The rule sets and guided instructions are worth the price of admission alone!

#131 12 years ago

I checked the Playstation Store this morning at about 8:15 and didn't see it yet. Of course that's a little early. Anyone see it yet?

#132 12 years ago

I'll be looking for it after work, but psn's updates seem to be sporadic. They always claim tues as the new release date, but I've seen it show up as late as wed. in the case of the Simpsons Arcade that they added recently.

Also, I've found NO sites that accurately what will show up new for ps plus members, or for new psn releases. There are sites with lists, but none have been accurate that I've seen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#133 12 years ago

Keep me updated, I want to waste my night tonight playing!!

#135 12 years ago

Soooo glad I did not stay up until Midnight waiting on this. Come on already!

#136 12 years ago

The PS store will be updated around 3:00/5:00 this afternoon. It's always later in the day trust me I know. Plays great and looks fantastic on the vita screen. Couple new tables should start trickling in soon besides the initial 4.

#137 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Plays great and looks fantastic on the vita screen

Have you played it yet? If so my envy bar is at max. I got the Vita just for this. tap tap tap

#138 12 years ago

I played it last week its the same as the other versions, but it looks fantastic on the vita screen. I will be buying it for sure. And it has cloud saves to push back and forth between the PS3. There is also a free game called Treasures of Montezuma Blitz and its a bejeweled clone, but its FREE! That one was pretty good 2 especially since its free.

On another off-topic note I am the lead designer for Sly Cooper check out our cover story and interview -->http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/10/sly-cooper-steals-the-cover-of-playstation-the-official-magazine/

#139 12 years ago

I have a question. I have two PS3 consoles. Would I have to buy it twice to have it on both consoles?

#140 12 years ago

You only have to buy it once

#141 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

You only have to buy it once

So it will work through the user ID rather than the console?

#142 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

On another off-topic note I am the lead designer for Sly Cooper check out our cover story and interview -->http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/10/sly-cooper-steals-the-cover-of-playstation-the-official-magazine/

VERY cool!

#143 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

you can only log into one account at a time, but you can have up to 5 PSN accounts. This is similar to itunes. You can purchase the game and DL it on either of your PS3's but you can only be logged in to one @ a time. That make sense?

#144 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

DCFAN said:

you can only log into one account at a time, but you can have up to 5 PSN accounts. This is similar to itunes. You can purchase the game and DL it on either of your PS3's but you can only be logged in to one @ a time. That make sense?

Lets see if I understand correctly. So I download the game with my account on the 1st PS3. Then logoff. I go to my 2nd PS3 and logon with the same account or one of my 4 other accounts, then I could play the game on that 2nd PS3? Would I need to to any downloading of software for the second PS3?

#145 12 years ago

yes, it needs to be re-downloaded onto each machine. but only one account can be active (online @ a time)

#146 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes, it needs to be re-downloaded onto each machine. but only one account can be active (online @ a time)

+1
Great! Thanks for the info.

#147 12 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

The PS store will be updated around 3:00/5:00 this afternoon. It's always later in the day trust me I know. Plays great and looks fantastic on the vita screen. Couple new tables should start trickling in soon besides the initial 4.

Thanks, man. Can't wait. Supposedly the PS3 version has better lighting than the 360 version.

#148 12 years ago

The fact that it runs at 1080p too is also a plus. I expect some nice lighting effects as well. The ball and flashers on the 360 look great. Medieval Madness 2.0 looks awesome. I think I might buy that one.

#149 12 years ago

It's up on PSN now...currently DLing!

#150 12 years ago

Right on! Downloading now too....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.