(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 50.
#1151 10 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Thoughts on the new tables? For the next 2. Checkpoint and I am thinking alien poker. Also I am having trouboe entering initals on Teed off on android it sucks!

It sucks on IOS too, so it's broken at the source.... M

#1152 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

HH is ridiculous. It's clear to me that whoever built this table for TPA has never actually played a real one. Teed off is horrible for for a different reason entirely....
I'm afraid if I keep playing HH in its current state, I'll start breaking plastics and targets.....

FarSight does buy all the tables they digitize with the exception of Goin'Nuts. They then tear the playfield apart, photograph and model it before reassembly. Other than the digits not having the proper font and the inability to have two sets of flipper buttons what are you finding off about it? The physics? Seems fairly close to one's I've played before. Maybe a little faster but real life wear can come into account with the one's I've played at shows. The artwork? Maybe a little brighter than I'd like but it's not bad. Not arguing. Just curious as to what you think is off.

#1153 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

FarSight does buy all the tables they digitize with the exception of Goin'Nuts. They then tear the playfield apart, photograph and model it before reassembly. Other than the digits not having the proper font and the inability to have two sets of flipper buttons what are you finding off about it? The physics? Seems fairly close to one's I've played before. Maybe a little faster but real life wear can come into account with the one's I've played at shows. The artwork? Maybe a little brighter than I'd like but it's not bad. Not arguing. Just curious as to what you think is off.

It's about 3x too fast, the pop bumpers and flippers are insanely too powerful.

It's like their treatment of Central Park.

#1154 10 years ago

Thoughts on the new tables? For the next 2. Checkpoint and I am thinking alien poker. Also I am having trouboe entering initals on Teed off on android it sucks!

It's Class of 1812 and Victory with Scared Stiff being the table of the month. Checkpoint 1 is a reference from Victory and the devil girl, troll guy, etc. are from Class of 1812's backglass. image.jpgimage.jpg

#1155 10 years ago

As someone generally new to pinball both physical and real I have no complaints about the pinball arcade. I have little first hand experience with most of the real tables that are being emulated and not being a pinball purist I don't really care. You just have to realize that it is a video game emulation of something that costs thousands of dollars to own just one machine let alone the REALLY expensive ones. To be able to play as many that they have done in such a small package is great. I definitely think bride of Pinbot in the pinball arcade is MUCH easier than the real deal, but that is one of the things I hate about the real one...it is a drain monster in my experience. I much prefer the digital variety.

As long as the rules are right, sound and graphics are decent, and the ball does not get stuck I'm a happy camper.

#1156 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's about 3x too fast, the pop bumpers and flippers are insanely too powerful.
It's like their treatment of Central Park.

It is definitely faster. It also feels smaller. HH has so much open space that you can play for 20 seconds and not score any points.

#1157 10 years ago

teed off definitely plays funny. haunted house seems.. too fast to me (but have not played a real HH in a long time).

#1158 10 years ago

I'm really looking forward to having Haunted House on the PS3.

They keep turning these out pretty regularly now. I love it.

#1159 10 years ago

Teed off's gopher wheel doesn't spin that fast in real life. The whole game plays faster then it does in real life. The ramp shot is easier on the iPad, do you ever get air balls in TPA? Usually in teed off the ball bounces over the center plastics and rolls off the metal plate above the drop targets.

#1160 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

It's Class of 1812 and Victory with Scared Stiff being the table of the month. Checkpoint 1 is a reference from Victory and the devil girl, troll guy, etc. are from Class of 1812's backglass.

Cool cool. I have victory on the xbox/ps2 version of gotlieb pinball classics. Never played class of 1812 looking forward to that.

#1161 10 years ago

Hate to be 'that guy', but Victory is easily the worst game to hit TPA yet... It's a major dud on the Gottlieb Collection. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but ouch...

#1162 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Hate to be 'that guy', but Victory is easily the worst game to hit TPA yet... It's a major dud on the Gottlieb Collection. Maybe I'm playing it wrong, but ouch...

No, I agree. I'm sick of these rereleases. I'm sure Farsight is doing them because they already have much of the work in place to redo them versus a totally new table but, thankfully, they're almost out if them. We still got Victory, Sorcerer (which is a pretty decent pin) and another Gottlieb EM that I can't think of the name. This should take us to the end the year. Then, starting in 2014, it should be nothing but two "new" tables at a time.

#1163 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I'm sure Farsight is doing them because they already have much if the work in place to redo them versus a totally new table but, thankfully, they're almost out if them. We still got Victory, Sorcerer (which is a pretty decent pin) and another Gottlieb EM that I can't think of the name.

Yeah, Sorcerer is great, and I'd even be down for 'Jive Time' too. I'm told they were initially just doing pins they owned, and someone at FS owned a Victory. Now they have to acquire the pins to get them into the game (obviously). I always wondered why Victory was in there, but now it makes sense. I'd be ok if they put the Playboy bagatelle in there as a free download. That game was hard as hell on the Gottlieb collection! I don't really see people paying for it though. El Dorado still hasn't been ported either. Meh...

#1164 10 years ago

I finally had the last straw with TPA yesterday. IS ANYONE ELSE SICK AND TIRED OF REDOWNLOADING TABLES EVERY TIME THEY DO AN UPDATE?!!? Christ!

I am not spending another single cent on TPA games on my phone. Screw you, Farside. LERN 2 PATCH, KTHX. I'm not downloading 700MB+ over 3G/HSDP every freaking time you release 2 tables I couldn't give a crap less about!

#1165 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

No, I agree. I'm sick of these rereleases. I'm sure Farsight is doing them because they already have much if the work in place to redo them versus a totally new table but, thankfully, they're almost out if them. We still got Victory, Sorcerer (which is a pretty decent pin) and another Gottlieb EM that I can't think of the name. This should take us to the end the year. Then, starting in 2014, it should be nothing but two "new" tables at a time.

actually for TPA they rescan all the tables at hiresolution, its not a port of the old gottlieb collection stuff. All new emulation code in TPA vs the old collections.

also Farsite said Sorcerer is not coming over, so dont expect it in TPA, same as the old EM your thinking off Jive Time is not coming either.

#1166 10 years ago

Sorcerer not coming, but we get teed off... That's just stupid...

#1167 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

actually for TPA they rescan all the tables at hiresolution, its not a port of the old gottlieb collection stuff. All new emulation code in TPA vs the old collections.
also Farsite said Sorcerer is not coming over, so dont expect it in TPA, same as the old EM your thinking off Jive Time is not coming either.

Why not bring Sorcerer over? Everyone digs that game...

#1168 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I finally had the last straw with TPA yesterday. IS ANYONE ELSE SICK AND TIRED OF REDOWNLOADING TABLES EVERY TIME THEY DO AN UPDATE?!!? Christ!
I am not spending another single cent on TPA games on my phone. Screw you, Farside. LERN 2 PATCH, KTHX. I'm not downloading 700MB+ over 3G/HSDP every freaking time you release 2 tables I couldn't give a crap less about!

If you switch off data on the phone and launch the game will it allow you to then play the old version without downloading the new one?

#1169 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Why not bring Sorcerer over? Everyone digs that game...

At one point they said they weren't doing Sorcerer, but recently after learning it was a little more popular than they thought, Farsight has hinted that they may be reconsidering.

Apparently a really nicely restored Sorcerer won a 'best in show for its era' type of award at a show some Farsight people were at and that opened their eyes too.

#1170 10 years ago

Oh yea, I forgot about El Dorado City of Gold. Meh. As far as Sorcerer goes, Eric is right. Originally they weren't going to do it and then they found out it was more popular than they thought. One thing to consider though is that the head of development Bobby King said in one of his earlier interviews that the license they had with Bally/Williams limited the tables to a certain number of them they could digitize. I have no idea what that number is or if they're getting close to it. I know that the Gottlieb license is pretty much unlimited and, I think, so is the Stern/Sega/DE one. Of course, this is just the license for the table. Not for any other licenses that may be needed. T2, TZ, ect.

#1171 10 years ago

It would be nice if they released DE and Sega tables. Obviously it isn't so easy since a majority of those tables are licensed to movies.

#1172 10 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I know that the Gottlieb license is pretty much unlimited and, I think, so is the Stern/Sega/DE one.

Sweet! Here comes Shaq Attack, Sharky's Shootout, Cue Ball Wizard, Big Hurt, Big House, Raven, Rock Encore, Hollywood Heat, Secret Service, etc.

I have my donation to the Barb Wire kickstarter in hand, ready to go.

#1173 10 years ago

If they are going to have System 3 tables I wish they would do Stargate. Hell, even Big Hurt is better than Teed Off.

#1174 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If they are going to have System 3 tables I wish they would do Stargate. Hell, even Big Hurt is better than Teed off.

I would love Stargate but that one has a movie tie in that would cost extra bucks.

#1175 10 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

It would be nice if they released DE and Sega tables. Obviously it isn't so easy since a majority of those tables are licensed to movies.

King has said we should expect some DE tables next year. TFTC has been a strong speculation. Popular table with a "cheaper" license.

#1176 10 years ago

some funny bugs in HH... I nearly rolled the score, game ends and it knocks two places off my score... no extra balls awarded no matter how many times I hit the scoop with the light on for extra ball..

1 week later
#1177 10 years ago

I have an iPhone 4 and recently uploaded the most recent iPhone software update. Now I'm experiencing MAJOR flipper lag. Has anyone else experienced this?

#1178 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I have an iPhone 4 and recently uploaded the most recent iPhone software update. Now I'm experiencing MAJOR flipper lag. Has anyone else experienced this?

I had some on my 4s, especially the right flipper. It came when I updated to ios 7 but I haven't noticed it since the last midmonth Pinball Arcade update that came about a week ago.

2 weeks later
#1179 10 years ago

I am not a good guesser. Thoughts on table pack 20 tables? With the temple I want to say a indy jones table. Maybe big game or aztec

#1180 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Sweet! Here comes Shaq Attack, Sharky's Shootout, Cue Ball Wizard, Big Hurt, Big House, Raven, Rock Encore, Hollywood Heat, Secret Service, etc.
I have my donation to the Barb Wire kickstarter in hand, ready to go.

I am hopeful for cue ball wizard actually. I played that a lot in college and loved it. I know its not so popular and really only one shot... But id like to see it on pinball arcade. Its the pin that got me hooked on pinball.

#1181 10 years ago

With all the Gottliebs it could be CBW but EBD has been promised. Would like either but to eventually have both would be great. Victory is a decent table on TPA. Can't decide on 1812 just yet.

#1182 10 years ago

I am not a good guesser. Thoughts on table pack 20 tables? With the temple I want to say a indy jones table. Maybe big game or aztec

i want it to be special force

#1183 10 years ago

Victory is the antitheses of fun

#1184 10 years ago

It is WAY too easy to get a multiball going in Class of 1812.

#1185 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

i want it to be Special Force

Oddly enough I have one and with the palm trees also thought special force.

#1186 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Victory is the antitheses of fun

Yep.

Quoted from GreyScale:

It is WAY too easy to get a multiball going in Class of 1812.

Yep.

Neither of these two tables are much fun.

#1187 10 years ago

Unfortunately, the TPA selection hasn't been as good as it was in the past with top titles. It is unfortunate as they do a decent job of simulation. There are so many more fun pins to choose from than the ones they've been doing. Licensing might play a role with some pins but there are original titles out there waiting to be done.

#1188 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Unfortunately, the TPA selection hasn't been as good as it was in the past with top titles. It is unfortunate as they do a decent job of simulation. There are so many more fun pins to choose from than the ones they've been doing. Licensing might play a role with some pins but there are original titles out there waiting to be done.

No kidding. This pack is trash.... There are 50 pins that would be covered by their current licenses that would be better than these. A whole system11 catalog, and many B/W DMD titles...

#1189 10 years ago

Still waiting for High Speed, F-14, HS2, BK2K, and quite a few others, not to mention all the old Bally's that would be cool: Fathom, Paragon, EBD...

#1190 10 years ago

Oh here is the hint for table pack 20

tablepack20.jpgtablepack20.jpg
#1191 10 years ago

Table pack 20, Congo maybe?

#1192 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Table pack 20, Congo maybe?

never thought of that

#1193 10 years ago

That would be cool.

#1194 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I played it once and damn, boring boring boring game. Getting sick of the Gottliebs.

#1195 10 years ago

Oh here is the hint for table pack 20

tablepack20.jpg 461 KB

El Dorado and...

#1196 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I am hopeful for Cue Ball Wizard actually. I played that a lot in college and loved it. I know its not so popular and really only one shot... But id like to see it on pinball arcade. Its the pin that got me hooked on pinball.

I actually agree! CBW is a lot of fun, and is a good looking game when you walk up to it...

#1197 10 years ago

Can I give up any hope of updates on the xbox 360?

#1198 10 years ago
Quoted from Zappa:

I played it once and damn, boring boring boring game. Getting sick of the Gottliebs.

I made the mistake of buying one. Such a terrible game. I was glad to just be able to sell it for what i bought it for ($400).

#1199 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Can I give up any hope of updates on the xbox 360?

There is no mention of Xbox in their updates so I guess the answer is yes, give up hope.

#1200 10 years ago

looks like El Dorado (which was one they did in the Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection) and i don't know, something pool-based, judging by the "hustle" reference, with Champion Pub being the table of the month.

i don't know if there's something wrong with me, but I actually kinda like both thof this month's tables. It's fun advancing through all the checkpoints to win the race. the faster you hit each checkpoint, the more points you get. it's sort of like a constant hurry-up mode. I haven't spent much time with Class of 1812, but it certainly seems appropriate for October if nothing else.

Anyway, El Dorado never did much for me ... in fact it was probably my least favorite from the Gottlieb Collection. It feels like lately they've been kind of sticking to second-rate titles. I wonder if maybe they're saving some of the bigger titles for the next-gen consoles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

£ 38.00
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.