(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 50.
#1051 10 years ago

Its an interesting combination. First release from Stern Electronics and an extremely rare Gottlieb table.

I'm only familar with Goin' Nuts as it is on the Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame collection. Talk about a mindless, but fun game.

#1052 10 years ago

Wondering how many here have jumped on the T2 kickstarter?

#1053 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Wondering how many here have jumped on the T2 kickstarter?

I would have if they ever released TZ for the 360 which I donated for, when did I do that over a year ago? I check this thread every time I see new posts hoping they finally got the whole xbox thing sorted out, disappointed again.

#1054 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I would have if they ever released TZ for the 360 which I donated for, when did I do that over a year ago? I check this thread every time I see new posts hoping they finally got the whole xbox thing sorted out, disappointed again.

Same here, I have nothing against Farsight, and I did get a copy of the game I kickstarted on my phone, but the $60K price tag coupled with 360 disappointment has be chillin' in regards to this kickstarter (so far).

I still like the spirit of their product, nobody else is trying to do these games the justice that Farsight has done them. The delivery on my console of choice has been terrible for both me as a consumer and them as a company.

I might cave at the last minute if they need a bit of a push to meet the target...

#1055 10 years ago

Wonder if Pinball Arcade will hit the Xbox One??

#1056 10 years ago

And as an FYI......the pinbot/centaur pack has been up on the PSN as of wednesday.

#1057 10 years ago

I've heard lots about the XBOX issues on the PinballArcadeFans forum. Seems like in some ways it was out of their hands but I understand that not being the fault of the people who wanted it on console. I've got a 360 and a PS3 but never really play them. Thought I would, bought lots of games but they just sit. PS3 is used as a media server though. Sometimes I play a racer but I use my iPad for TPA. I'd trade my 360 and all the games I have for a beater pin...

#1058 10 years ago

Holy jeeze, I suck at Centaur. I'm surprised 'Spell ORBS' is a standard goal, as is 1-2-3-4 in order. Friggin' tough enough in real life, nevertheless virtually.

#1059 10 years ago

I think Centaur and Champion Pub are the best 2 tables they've made so far as far as physics and fun factor go. I guess I was always turned off by CP's giant ramps in the middle of the playfield, but after playing it, I really wish I would've given it a chance earlier. I'll also be looking for a Centaur down the road, because the dark theme and the gameplay has made me a huge fan.
On the other hand, Whirlwind plays like poop-hopefully they address that.

#1060 10 years ago

Just a note that they've updated Whirlwind on iOs. Plays a LOT better...now if they'd just fix those wacky spinning disc sounds, we'd be all set!

#1061 10 years ago

I hate how Whirlwind plays on TPA. Champion Pub's audio might be the most annoying thing I have heard in a Pinball machine, I love playing that game in person, but audio has to be very low.

Attack From Mars is still my favorite to play on TPA.

360 problems are out of their hands, they are doing everything they can. They want to be making money on XBoxLive, but Microsoft makes things a lot harder to publish then Sony. Thank goodness I have a PS3.

#1062 10 years ago

everytime i see something new on here i pray its a xboxlive update...my ipod decided to take a crap so i've only been able to get my fix on the HOF xbox game. i really want to try centaur.

1 week later
#1063 10 years ago

New Table Pack! Flight 2000/Goin' Nuts has been released for IPhone, Android, Amazon, Ouya and Macintosh!

#1064 10 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

New Table Pack! Flight 2000/Goin' Nuts has been released for IPhone, Android, Amazon, Ouya and Macintosh!

Lies! I don't see it up on iOS at all. I'm sure it'll be soon though.

#1065 10 years ago

I haven't seen it show up on iOs yet.

#1066 10 years ago

You both are right. From their Facebook: "Should be available on iOS shortly. Waiting on apple to release."

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1067 10 years ago

The XBOX nightmare *may* soon be over. From their most recent newsletter:

As many of our fans have noticed, the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade is no longer available in the Live Arcade store. Our publisher for the 360 version recently emerged from bankruptcy and we'd been told that we would be allowed to immediately submit all of the unreleased Table Packs to our long-suffering 360 users. Unfortunately, Microsoft has elected to revoke the publisher's license agreement (which is why the Pinball Arcade is temporarily not available in the store). However, we have some very good news to share- Microsoft has just announced that indie developers (like FarSight) can now self-publish on Xbox Live Arcade instead of being required to find publishers for their games. This means we can bring the Pinball Arcade back to the 360 ourselves, and also opens the door to an Xbox One version of the Pinball Arcade in the future! Microsoft has stated that the new program will open in August- we will do everything we can to get the Pinball Arcade (and all of the new Table Packs) back on the Xbox 360 as quickly as possible.

I'll save the celebration for when I see it back in the store, but fingers crossed.

#1068 10 years ago

I think goin' nuts sums up Gottlieb as a company pretty nicely. And I don't mean that as a compliment.

#1069 10 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

The XBOX nightmare *may* soon be over. From their most recent newsletter:

at least they are getting some movement now. i would also like to see a new version of xbox 360 HOF2. i like to have the hard copy.

#1070 10 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

You both are right. From their Facebook: "Should be available on iOS shortly. Waiting on apple to release."

Now, it's available.

#1071 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

I think goin' nuts sums up Gottlieb as a company pretty nicely. And I don't mean that as a compliment.

Gottlieb has some fantastic games, that just isn't one of them

Flight 2000 is fun.

#1072 10 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

I've played it a good bit on the previous Gottlieb Hall of Fame Collection and I like it. Is it a machine I'd want to play every day, no but it's a nice change of pace. I think a couple of the main points of making it available in simulated form is that it has unique gameplay and never went into "mass" production and most people would never get to play one otherwise.

#1073 10 years ago

okay its august..you can put them on xbox live now.

#1074 10 years ago

I am waiting for the PC version + Cabinet Version. Ohhh feel like I have been waiting for ages.

#1075 10 years ago

I have not played my xbox in a while, did I lose my already purchased tables?

#1076 10 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

I've played it a good bit on the previous Gottlieb Hall of Fame Collection and I like it. Is it a machine I'd want to play every day, no but it's a nice change of pace. I think a couple of the main points of making it available in simulated form is that it has unique gameplay and never went into "mass" production and most people would never get to play one otherwise.

This was the first pack I skipped. I like Flight 2000 but just don't want to drop five bucks on it. Goin' Nuts? I know it's rare but...should have digitized Gottlieb's Krull. A more traditional style and MUCH more desirable. Plus, the music's cool unlike Goin' Nuts's which makes you feel like you got an itch you can't scratch.

#1077 10 years ago

Or in other words dtown.. Goin' Nuts? heh..

#1078 10 years ago

@ practicalsteve- You will never lose anything you paid for. If you deleted it off of your console, just go to my download history and re-download it. That's one good thing with MS, is even if they remove from marketplace, you can always re-download as long as you purchased before they removed it.

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will have some new tables on 360. I just finished all wizard goals on Ripley's so I now have 100% complete. I will be stoked for better achievements and ALL of the tables. Stupid MS, should have been allowing self publishing like everybody else does and we wouldn't have had this issue to begin with.

1 week later
#1079 10 years ago

Does Pinball Arcade run smoothly on all iPad versions?

#1080 10 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

I have an original iPad, and it runs pretty smoothly on most games. Whirlwind is a little pokey, but that is only sometimes, and likely I notice because it's one of my fave games ever.

#1081 10 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

it works great on my iPad2. I had no complaints until I saw screenshots of what it looks like on the latest iPads, and WOW it's a huge difference! but to your question -- it works and looks just fine on mine.

#1082 10 years ago

Release new games on the 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1083 10 years ago

I've got a friend who recently got into pinball. Full-blown addiction. Not pretty. Started playing this and another pinball implementation on Steam. Got pissed when his other pinhead friends refused to play them for the typical reasons.. IE: flipper lag, insufficiently stochastic, etc. Demands to come over to my house the other night and hammer on "the real thing." Plays for an hour, says "I see your point" and walks out.

That said, I really wonder if these simulations will drive down demand for real pins or stimulate demand.

#1084 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Release new games on the 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i just got paid!!

I am such a dummy, i thought you said thry did sio I've been looking...bummer

#1085 10 years ago

The PC beta is going on now. I'm very curious to see what that will look like.

#1086 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

That is ok. You are from Iowa.. it is understandable.

#1087 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

That said, I really wonder if these simulations will drive down demand for real pins or stimulate demand.

I'm gonna say drive them up, I played a lot of Pinball Arcade when I first got interested in pinball again and now I am on the hunt for my first machine.

Anybody heard any news on getting the new tables to Xbox Live again? I keep hearing "soon" but nothing happens....

#1088 10 years ago

I'm on the PC Beta group, and so far while there have been a few (expected) rough spots, overall I would have to say WOW!

Running full screen on a 24" hi-def monitor really shows some of the detail that they have got in the tables, and also shows where they shortcutted a bit for the smaller screens figuring no one would notice. (plunger rod and spring on a machine or two looks horrid)

At first, I actually thought the playfields were TOO shiny, as the reflection of the ball was a bit distracting when it is moving really quickly, and some of the lighting looked almost over driven, but these are fairly minor niggles.

Few play glitches here and there, but they seem to be getting addressed pretty quickly (two updates already), so given a little shake out time I suspect the PC release will be a welcome addition to the collection!

FWIW

#1089 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Increase demand for sure. It's no doubt the main contributor to the resurgence some people talk about. I'm in my mid-thirties and hadn't played in 13 years. I'd basically forgotten about pinball until I started playing Pinball Arcade on my tablet. Now I've got three machines in my house.

#1090 10 years ago
Quoted from rustybomber79:

Anybody heard any news on getting the new tables to Xbox Live again? I keep hearing "soon" but nothing happens....

Microsoft is going to allow self-publishing later this month. At that point, Farsight won't need a publisher and should be able to release all the previous packs. I would guess it will happen in the next month or so? (I have no idea.)

#1091 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

And i just got paid!!

Quoted from captainadam_21:

That is ok. You are from Iowa.. it is understandable.

Ouch! Dont remind me

#1092 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Microsoft is going to allow self-publishing later this month. At that point, Farsight won't need a publisher and should be able to release all the previous packs. I would guess it will happen in the next month or so? (I have no idea.)

Great news! I will keep checking!

#1093 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

100% stimulate. Mine is a similar story to some other guys above -- I'd kind of forgotten about pinball until my wife got my Pinball Hall of Fame (Williams) for the Wii a few years ago. I then went and found the Gottlieb collection as well. it's been down hill ever since. I play The Pinball Arcade on iPad all the time, I found my way here, and now I've got two machines in my basement.

#1094 10 years ago

I think that virtual pinball is stirring up interest. I'm 38 and hardly ever played pinball back in the day. Video games had my attention back then and a lot of the arcades around me didn't seem to have many. In the last couple of years I started getting into arcade machine building and got into Virtual Pins. I now currently own 2 pins and have owned 3. Before knowing about virtual pins I'd have NEVER thought I'd actually own an actual pinball machine... ever. Now I have one of my own virtual pins and 2 real pins. So.. like someone above I think it is most definitely helping. Personally I like the virtual world because most pins I like in the virtual pin I tend to like in real life. Chances are if I hate the simulation I hate the real world counterpart. So.. for a lot of folks it might help them decide what they may or may not want to buy. A truely invaluable tool with pins costing thousands.

#1095 10 years ago

I can't stop playing Monster Bash, Scared Stiff and Creature from black lagoon.

Awesome games on my wishlist

Really disapointed in Twilight Zone, Star Trek and Fun House. Way overrated in my book.

#1096 10 years ago

Any one knows when T2 is coming out ?

I saw the next table pack is T2 and another mystery table.

Surprise they have not done TAF yet

#1097 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Surprise they have not done TAF yet

Because they will need yet another kickstarter to pay for the license

#1098 10 years ago

When will Flight 2000/Goin' Nuts hit PS3?

#1099 10 years ago

It should be early September based on the previous releases. We should get the CP/WW pack and then the F2K/GN pack in consecutive weeks, probably on Sept 3rd and 10th. Maybe we'll get lucky and get it a bit sooner (or folks with the season pass may get access to both packs at the same time again).

I also got a kickstarter email saying FS is trying to get T2 to the PS3 in early October.

#1100 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I saw the next table pack is T2 and another mystery table.

T2 will be the only table in "pack" 17, for what it's worth. That's the strategy they've taken with the previous Kickstarter tables.

Been part of Beta testing on Android. It's a pretty good recreation, but there are a lot of collision problems that I've seen (balls going through the skull, for instance.) Really hoping they get that cleaned up before release or people will be pissed.

Truth be told, it's not my favorite table. Really fun IRL, but everything's so easy on TPA compared to real tables, and T2 isn't super deep, so it get old pretty quickly IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 12.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 36.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.