(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 50.
#851 11 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

Really good news on the PC front. Bobby made it sound as if having it on Steam is pretty much a done deal. Fingers crossed we'll see it soon.

This is good news. Thanks for the update

#852 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I was playing Scared Stiff on my iPad last night. It's absolutely broken (the kick out from the skill shot scoop sends the ball up to the rollovers 80% of the time) and has been since it was released quite a while ago. I'm sure Farsight have big plans but I find it hard to look forward to new tables if they don't care about fixing huge bugs.

I can't believe they still haven't fixed this. One of the most annoying bugs ever. This is one of my daughter's favorite tables and almost every time she plays it she has to give it to me to tilt out of this endless loop. Seems like it should be an easy fix, but I guess that's easy to say from this side of the screen.

#853 11 years ago

Of course it's easy. They're just too busy churning out other half finished tables to fix it. There are plenty of other bugs and problems in other tables too.

#854 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Of course it's easy. They're just too busy churning out other half finished tables to fix it. There are plenty of other bugs and problems in other tables too.

I didn't know Stern was making PinballArcade!!!???

#855 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

It's absolutely broken (the kick out from the skill shot scoop sends the ball up to the rollovers 80% of the time) and has been since it was released quite a while ago

I like this and think of it as a feature . I play on the Vita also and it's not that way, but broken in other ways. It's a "pinball video game" to me and from that point of view it's top three.

there are not four are there? LOL

#856 11 years ago

Bonus feature with Central Park.... Unlimited balls!

Just downloaded CC/CP and notice this bug. I gave up after 20 plus balls.

#857 11 years ago

I generally like EM's, but I can't get into Central Park. It is like playing a slot machine.

#858 11 years ago

From the newsletter, hints about the upcoming table pack:

"It's opposite day! Table Pack 13 will include a new table that has the opposite of a space theme and a re-released table with a theme that will take you to into the darkness. "

Hmmm, well the tables that haven't been re-released yet are: Pinbot, Space Shuttle, Whirlwind, Jive Time, Sorcerer, El Dorado (City of Gold), Ace High, Tee'd Off, Goin' Nuts, and Victory. I'm guessing one of the tables is Space Shuttle.

#859 11 years ago

STTNG should be out on PS3 tomorrow (March 19th), then AFM and Genie on March 27th.

#860 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

STTNG should be out on PS3 tomorrow (March 19th), then AFM and Genie on March 27th.

NICCCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

#861 11 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

"It's opposite day!

If it was opposite day, they would be publishing for Xbox. heh.

#862 11 years ago

STTNG is pretty fun on PS3. A few bugs as usual but fun all the same.

A funny thing I noticed also after playing Gorgar as well on there earlier today was that the user name for the top score was www.zenstudios.com.

#863 11 years ago

I tried to buy the table today, but I forgot my &$@%€#£¥£€ password, and the email address I used to set up the ps3 is no longer valid.

What a PITA!

#864 11 years ago

Man, I'm loving STTNG on the PS3. It's definitely the best pin they've put out so far in terms of physics and the way it plays in general. Looking forward to AFM and Genie this week.

#865 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

Man, I'm loving STTNG on the PS3. It's definitely the best pin they've put out so far in terms of physics and the way it plays in general. Looking forward to AFM and Genie this week.

I am a big fan of the new user interface too!

On a lark, I downloaded Zen Pinball 2 and will try the Star Wars tables soon. It would be interesting if Pinball Arcade tackled SWE1 and RFM.

#866 11 years ago

I'm playing TPA on my Android phone. If possible I'd like to add a shaker motor

#867 11 years ago

i would pay extra for some outlane extenders on STTNG! haha

#868 11 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i would pay extra for some outlane extenders on STTNG! haha

Are there still no physical adjustments on TPA? On Zen's Pinball FX2 I know you can move the outlane posts, change the strength of flippers, and adjust the pitch of the cabinet. On the TPA they have the outlanes set to the hardest settings. CV and MB on TPA are ridiculous with their outlanes.

#869 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

Agreed. The other tables I have haven't been played since STTNG was added.

#870 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

+2

They did a REALLY good job on this one. I own the real thing and this version plays amazingly similar. The Vita version is not quite as accurate but still fun.

#871 11 years ago

I have a lighting question. It seems that on all my tables that I play on my iPad, they are rendered with high ambient lighting. Yet I have seen screenshots on the website which appeared to show lower ambient lighting which actually seems to make the general illumination and flasher effects relevant. Does anyone know how I can get these lighting options for my iPad version?

#872 11 years ago

I talked to one of the developers at Farsight, since their exhibit table was right next to my hotel room. That guy talked my ear off. I tried to talk to him about emulating more obscure tables(like the Zaccaria "Time machine" in the arcade hall), and um, well, no, it was NOT made by Williams.

#873 11 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I tried to talk to him about emulating more obscure tables(like the Zaccaria "Time machine" in the arcade hall), and um, well, no, it was NOT made by Williams.

Glad you enjoyed it! That's actually a big part of the reason why I brought it, because (nearly) no-one has ever seen one.

#874 11 years ago
Quoted from TheKorn:

Glad you enjoyed it! That's actually a big part of the reason why I brought it, because (nearly) no-one has ever seen one.

If I had more money than common sense, I would have a row of bizarre foreign pins in my game room: MAC Attack(dat cabinet + video screen predating WOZ), KZ-26, Robot, Farfalla and so forth. Sure, I'd have no idea nor resources to repair them, but they would be neat to have.

#875 11 years ago

I talked with the Farsight guy at MGC about the PS3 lag issues, and he said the developer "thinks" he has it solved/improved. But no ETA to seeing it patches yet I guess.
(And the PS3 there at the show had the lag too.)

The XBox version did not seem to lag.
(Both TV's were mis-adjusted for color IMO... everything in STTNG had a pink hue to it.)

#876 11 years ago

I haven't noticed lag on my PS3.....maybe it's a PS3/particular monitors issue?

I'm running a Panasonic plasma with HDMI connection.

#877 11 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

I talked with the Farsight guy at MGC about the PS3 lag issues, and he said the developer "thinks" he has it solved/improved. But no ETA to seeing it patches yet I guess.
(Both TV's were mis-adjusted for color IMO... everything in STTNG had a pink hue to it.)

the xbox one does lag! pretty badly at times

#878 11 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Too bad you didn't talk about the Mac lag issues. It is still unplayable.

#879 11 years ago

they should add some more sterns,only 2 of them

#880 11 years ago

I would think lag would mostly relate to video processing by AVRs and monitors.

#881 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would think lag would mostly relate to video processing by AVRs and monitors.

"AVR"?

Do you have any ideas how someone could manipulate these things? I would love to play these games on my Mac!

#882 11 years ago

Playing on Panasonic Plasma as well, and I've never experience a lag on either PS3 or Xbox360.

#883 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

"AVR"?
Do you have any ideas how someone could manipulate these things? I would love to play these games on my Mac!

Most TV/monitors have a "game mode" which minimizes processing. AVR= audio/video receiver. The best solution I know of is to avoid HDMI and use analog component cables out to your TV.

#884 11 years ago
Quoted from CA_Pin_fan:

Playing on Panasonic Plasma as well, and I've never experience a lag on either PS3 or Xbox360.

You're gonna see less lag issues with a plasma vs an LCD tv. I've got my PS3 hooked up to an LCD tv and even with all the video processing options turned off and using a wired instead of a wireless controller there is a bit of noticeable lag (it does eliminate the majority of it though). I even notice that the lag doesn't seem consistent across all the tables as some seem to have slightly more or less lag than others.

#885 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Most TV/monitors have a "game mode" which minimizes processing. AVR= audio/video receiver. The best solution I know of is to avoid HDMI and use analog component cables out to your TV.

Ah yes.....I also switch to "game mode" whenever I play.

Avoid HDMI and use analog component? That should not be necessary if you are using the "game mode".

#886 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Ah yes.....I also switch to "game mode" whenever I play.
Avoid HDMI and use analog component? That should not be necessary if you are using the "game mode".

Sorry, my post was unclear. If you are routing the HDMI through an AVR, it will be doing video processing. This blows because using analog video means you are stuck with substandard audio via optical cable, etc.

#887 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Sorry, my post was unclear. If you are routing the HDMI through an AVR, it will be doing video processing. This blows because using analog video means you are stuck with substandard audio via optical cable, etc.

Many....if not most ARV's can handle the audio and video in/out via the HDMI now.

Optical audio provides everything HDMI audio provides. Both are digital audio signals.

#888 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Too bad you didn't talk about the Mac lag issues. It is still unplayable.

have you tried hitting (CMD + control + F) to activate full screen? It seems to take care of my lag problems in MacOS.

#889 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

have you tried hitting (CMD + control + F) to activate full screen? It seems to take care of my lag problems in MacOS.

I'll try that although I think my experience is worse on full screen mode.

I'll look for a "game mode" in the monitor settings too. Maybe alveolus did not quite understand that I am using a Mac. Unless there is a hdmi hookup or analog video outs on my Mac that I am unaware of.

#890 11 years ago

Well I do know I still get lag if I do full screen by hitting the green + in the top corner, but doing the keyboard shortcut I do not.

#891 11 years ago

The PS3 lag with my plasma (in game mode) is the main reason I have not bought more games since the initial first releases last year. I hope this issue is tops on their fix/improve list. I'd love to buy more games, but I'm holding out until I see improvements with the lag.

#892 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Many....if not most ARV's can handle the audio and video in/out via the HDMI now.
Optical audio provides everything HDMI audio provides. Both are digital audio signals.

This is incorrect. Optical(firewire) can only transmit older lossy formats such as Dolby digital and DTS. HDMI with a compatible AVR can transmit lossless audio such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD as well as linear PCM.

My point is if you use the highest standard of HDMI, you are likely stuck with video processing (thus lag) when you are using an AVR. If you go analog video(component) to avoid processing, then you are stuck with lossy(albeit digital) audio.

#893 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Well I do know I still get lag if I do full screen by hitting the green + in the top corner, but doing the keyboard shortcut I do not.

I tried it with the keyboard shortcut! Success!!!!!

Still a minute amount of lag, but definitely not what I had before. I will try it out on all the tables I own. If it is good, I'll be downloading the table packs I don't have yet! Thanks for the tip. Too bad farsight couldn't have answered this months ago!

Thank You!!!!!

#894 11 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I tried it with the keyboard shortcut! Success!!!!!
Still a minute amount of lag, but definitely not what I had before. I will try it out on all the tables I own. If it is good, I'll be downloading the table packs I don't have yet! Thanks for the tip. Too bad farsight couldn't have answered this months ago!
Thank You!!!!!

Glad it worked!

#895 11 years ago
Quoted from Svengo:

I even notice that the lag doesn't seem consistent across all the tables as some seem to have slightly more or less lag than others.

This is my experience with it, and why I think its generally an issue on Farsight's end, not the TV (although I agree TVs can cause some lag.)

#896 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Glad it worked!

Man am I happy! Been playing so much I probably am going to get fired!

#897 11 years ago

I was able to try out the 3D version at MGC. Played AFM. It is a little buggy yet, but boy was it sweet in 3D! Very cool stuff. The guy running the table was really nice too. Got an awesome Pinball Arcade shirt with CC art on the back. Glad they came...it was a nice addition to the show and their table seemed pretty busy. Hopefully they sold lots of apps and tables.

#898 11 years ago

AFM and Genie are now out on PS3.

#899 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

My point is if you use the highest standard of HDMI, you are likely stuck with video processing (thus lag) when you are using an AVR. If you go analog video(component) to avoid processing, then you are stuck with lossy(albeit digital) audio.

Quite a few AVRs have settings to allow video pass through on HDMI, therefore bypassing the processing. HDTV sets and HD sources are digital so analog cables require more processing than HDMI due to the need to convert the signal from digital to analog and then back to digital. The extra conversion can cause video artifacts giving you a degraded signal and most HD sources do not allow a 1080p signal to be sent via component cables.

I have Pinball Arcade on both my Xbox and my PS3 and the PS3 version is the only game I have that has control lag. It has gotten better with the updates, but it still isn't as good as the Xbox version.

#900 11 years ago

Passthrough doesn't help if you want the audio from your receiver.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 29.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.