(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 50.
#451 11 years ago
Quoted from soren:

You're missing the point. CC doesn't carry any third party license.

My mistake. Wow, what was I thinking.

#452 11 years ago

or not. next week i guess

#453 11 years ago

When do those game come out on PS3?

#454 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

When do those game come out on PS3?

Next month sometime

#455 11 years ago

Update now up on iOS.

#456 11 years ago

Update out for iOS.

You now have a "Hall of Fame" score that is a universal weighted score across all games, kinda like Zen. Sadly, it only counts games you've played since the update, so the 600M beatdown I laid on MB doesn't count :rage:

#457 11 years ago

I keep getting errors where it won't let me download creech.

#458 11 years ago

Got the creech. Great timing with the family getting ready for CAX!

#459 11 years ago

I got it. The upper playfield on Black Knight is way more unpredictable than the WHoF version. This should be fun. I've been slopping around with Creature for now. That's usually how I break into a table... slop ball without knowing the rules.. get bored. Start dialing in shots to see what they do then read the rules to figure out how I'm supposed to play.

I had issues at first with Creature because the open playfield is so shallow and the ramps take up half of the playfield. Though most shot angles seem to have a ramp, a rare missed shot can get pretty unforgiving since you have such little time to react. Also, most outer shots are easier with a live ball rather than a cradled ball, which is a play style I'm not great at. The theme though is awesome as are the animations and music. Clearly a great table.

#460 11 years ago

I picked up BK and CFTBL off the app store today for my Ipad2. CFTBL is very playable but difficult to make "Move Your Car!". Other than that, not pefect but very playable. BK on the other hand.....brutal! Both sound and gameplay (especially upper playfield gamplay) are terrible. I was looking forward to BK all month.....disappointing.

Hoping an update will be out soon.

#461 11 years ago

OK. Two big updates from The Pinball Arcade for those of you who don't follow their Facebook page. Update #1 is about all consoles and #2 is about the Xbox specifically.

UPDATE #1_____________________________________

Update on all platforms as of 7/28/2012:

iOS - An update with DLC Pack #4 (Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight) was released on July 27th. This update includes Game Center achievements and a Hall of Fame leaderboard as well as a login method that doesn't require fb (also implemented on the Android version). We are hoping that Apple allows us to have more than a total of 10 leaderboards via Game Center. Once we get this ability, we will be able to improve the Game Center support.

Android - An update with DLC Pack #4 (Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight) was released on July 26th. We are very excited about the potential that Google is likely to feature our game again soon.

PS3/Vita - Add-on packs 1 and 2 are currently available in North America. Add-on pack three is in submission with add-on pack four to follow close behind. The SCEE add-on packs are scheduled to be submitted at the earliest date possible. There's a wait to get into their QA. We hope to get all add-on packs available world-wide within a couple months.

360 - An update that includes both DLC Pack #1 and #2 has been approved. We await the add-on release by Microsoft. DLC Pack #3 will be released closely behind packs 1 and 2. DLC Pack #4 will be submitted soon.

Mac - DLC Pack #4 has been submitted and will be released as soon as it is approved. Mac OS Lion is required for DLC purchases. There is nothing that we can do about the OS restriction.

PC - While we know this news may disappoint our fans eagerly awaiting the PC version - we are still working on the PC game. We will not released it until the graphics are at least up to the standards set by the 360 and PS3 versions. We also still need to find distribution partners (traditional desktop and/or cabinet). Our goal is to everything sorted out in time for the Twilight Zone release later this year.

3DS - We still have not obtained the performance we need out of the 3DS to run our ROM emulation. We have not given up. The 3DS version is on hold until we can dedicate more time to this R&D.

Wii/Wii-U - FarSight developed 12 titles for the Wii. Unfortunately, the Wii isn't powerful enough to run Pinball Arcade. We are very excited about the Wii-U. The Wii-U project has been set up and this version is in development at the engine level. We hope to release our game as close to the launch of the platform as possible.

UPDATE #2__________________________________

We would appreciate just a little more patience by our Xbox 360 players. We know how frustrated you guys are. We are very disappointed that the add-on content has not been made available yet. Add-on packs 1 and 2 were approved in May while the title update was in submission. Microsoft has not answered us yet as to why you cannot purchase this DLC.

The update to the launch tables is also on hold for a few more days, but it should be released by Thursday at the latest.

Unfortunately, we can not go into more details about the cause of these delays and all of the issues in getting Tuesday's title update approved. Technically, FarSight is not the publisher on Xbox. This and our NDA with Microsoft has a developer limits what we can say publicly. We are, however, doing our best to get the game released as soon as possible.

It is also unfortunate that there has been a growing number of comments on this facebook page that many users (as well as members of the development team) have found offensive and demoralizing. It is our policy to allow for everyone to speak freely as long as there are no personal attacks against one another or extremely offensive language used. We have stated this in the past several times. We will continue to be very lenient in regard to criticisms of FarSight and towards the Pinball Arcade, however we are past the point of simply warning individuals who are disruptive to those of you who visit this page for information about our game in general and come here for friendly and often interesting conversations about all things pinball.

Thanks for your understanding. We sincerely hope that the updates for 360 are imminent.

#462 11 years ago

Did we pay for TZ and STTNG? That would be a killer combo pack.

#463 11 years ago

I think this may be the first time I don't buy the dlc...I never could get into cftbl or bk...but glad they are releasing tables every month! Awesome to see.

Looks like we only paid for tz. I don't think they made enough for sttg unless they have another kick start

#464 11 years ago

One has to assume that the majority of people downloading these games are adults since it's pinball, just amazing that the Farsight guys are trying to be open and allow discsussion but it turns into bitching and moaning.

Anyways, I like what they do and will pay for the XBOX updates when available.

#465 11 years ago

I think neither CFTBL nor BK plays that well (mobile devices). I know I have beat on Farsight before on their (assumed) game selection policy. Sorry for bringing it up again. I feel some games are chosen for their historical importance or top A rank status. Instead of picking games which are evaluated to work great on simulation with its limited view and nudging possibillities.

CFTBL is a tough beast pinball machine. Tough outlanes whereas the right one is totally blocked. Small open playfield due low sitting ramps, lanes and holes. Nasty flipper gap. Tough yet important flipper tip shots. (The window as well altering ball path, not an issue in simulation).

On BK the magna save is pretty unusable and the button press is actually dobbelt with a nudge. Not to knock Farsight. How can anybody make it work on a mobile device?

Wonder where AFM is. Hughly A ranked. 2 flippers. And the most open playfield the last 20 years.

#466 11 years ago
Quoted from Engine09:

One has to assume that the majority of people downloading these games are adults since it's pinball, just amazing that the Farsight guys are trying to be open and allow discsussion but it turns into bitching and moaning.
Anyways, I like what they do and will pay for the XBOX updates when available.

I actually follow Farsight on Facebook, and some of the comments that were made just boggled me - people boldly bashing FarSight over a delay that they didn't cause.

I can understand being upset about the delays (hell, I'm disappointed, myself), but it's really startling to see how many people take "the low road" when it comes to things like this.

#467 11 years ago

It's really quite lame how much people complain about stupid stuff, and write things they would never dare say in person.
That's what the internet has done for us-no one needs to have any accountability anymore for what they type.
I personally think Farsight has done an amazing job, and gladly spend $5 every month on their 2 new tables. I do think the magna save buttons on BK need to be moved closer to where the flippers are though, it's impossible to touch them while playing on an ipad.

#468 11 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

It's really quite lame how much people complain about stupid stuff, and write things they would never dare say in person.
That's what the internet has done for us-no one needs to have any accountability anymore for what they type.
I personally think Farsight has done an amazing job, and gladly spend $5 every month on their 2 new tables. I do think the magna save buttons on BK need to be moved closer to where the flippers are though, it's impossible to touch them while playing on an ipad.

I am in agreeance! And those BK MAGNA save buttons are extra impossible to hit....makes the game annoying because you can't use them they are so far out of reach. That definitely needs a fix. Beyond that it's video pinball...and I like it for on the go fun!

#469 11 years ago

It's video pinball, yes, but it is far more sophisticated than what's out there made for video. Just look at how they replicate the physical properties, and looks, of the real life hardware.

#470 11 years ago

The magna save is not impossible to use, you just have to be liberal with it and use it whenever the ball goes sideways. You're not going to be able to precision catch the ball with it like you can with a controller or real table, there's just not enough real estate on the screen to make that result possible.

#471 11 years ago

Oh crap, I didn't get back to this thread about emailing them on the double charged guy. Sorry about that. You can contact Farsight at:

[email protected]

They should sort you out, my gf got her issues all sorted out, and now she has creech and BK as well.

#472 11 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

Oh crap, I didn't get back to this thread about emailing them on the double charged guy. Sorry about that. You can contact Farsight at:
[email protected]
They should sort you out, my gf got her issues all sorted out, and now she has creech and BK as well.

Thanks, Blakesell. I just contacted them, I appreciate you following up!

#473 11 years ago

Update killed all the sound on my V1 Ipad. Anybody else?

#474 11 years ago

Full version CV on Android is starting to show up some bugs. From time to time on pressing start, the attract screen/sound continues but with all the buttons missing. Nothing left to do.

But worse of all. I can no longer play multi-ball during games. It takes the shooter lane focus with flippers inactive until it's back at single ball play.

And once only I've seen a funny one. The cannon ball in the back box was flying vertically out of the box and out of the screen.

Anyone else seen things like these?

#476 11 years ago

Anybody else finding the Gamecenter functionality on the iOS version to be fun? I'm addicted allover again. I've been stuck at the #4 spot trying to grind out to #3.

#478 11 years ago

Pack #2 is also available. I REALLY want to have a go at a real life CV now after playing it on this.

#479 11 years ago

Not only are Packs 1 and 2 available on the 360, but the update for the Launch tables was also available to me! Woot!

... I have to say that I really, really underappreciated Cirqus Voltaire when it was out originally. I thought it was just a weird, quirky game, so I never put much effort into playing it. But now, I can see how they did so many unconventional things with the table, and pulled it off spectacularly. I really have to give the game a lot more credit than I ever did before.

Edit: My wife commented that there's a Special Thanks to Terry Pratchett and a few other people in the game's credits. Did Pratchett do the voice of the Ringmaster? =O_o=

#480 11 years ago
Quoted from cja41575:

Pack #2 is also available. I REALLY want to have a go at a real life CV now after playing it on this.

Well, if you're ever in NYC, I have a single-owner one that plays *really* nicely! (And beer, of course...)

#481 11 years ago

why does CftBL have a 'ball saved' timer in it in pinball arcade? my "real" machine does have anything of the sort

were they worried that they would lose fans because the game is a bit more difficult given the spacing of the flippers?

#482 11 years ago

My CFTBL has the ball save. Perhaps you have it disabled in settings or running a different ROM? Not sure what ROM I have but it has the save.

Quoted from j_m_:

why does CftBL have a 'ball saved' timer in it in pinball arcade? my "real" machine does have anything of the sort
were they worried that they would lose fans because the game is a bit more difficult given the spacing of the flippers?

#483 11 years ago

Is it just me or is the MM PF on the 360 particularly dark? And what's up with no achievements for completing standard and wizard goals on the new tables?

#484 11 years ago

CFTBL on ipad has a credit dot..

#485 11 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

My CFTBL has the ball save. Perhaps you have it disabled in settings or running a different ROM? Not sure what ROM I have but it has the save

son of gun, you're right. I happened to bring my service manual into to work with me this morning to look up something else, and sure enough, under the 'feature adjustments' section, a.2 07 is the ball save time (this setting controls the minimum ball time. settings: 0-8 seconds)

I'm running the latest rom set (v1.4), however the default settings on the machine must have that particular setting as 0. it's strange that most of the setting show what the (default) setting is, but not for that particular feature

#486 11 years ago

Edit: My wife commented that there's a Special Thanks to Terry Pratchett and a few other people in the game's credits. Did Pratchett do the voice of the Ringmaster? =O_o=

I believe that's because there's a judge Rincewin in the game, and he's featured in Pratchett's books. I would be willing to wager that maybe JPop is a fan of his books as well?

#487 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

CFTBL on ipad has a credit dot..

A friend of mine worked on the emulation of this. The credit dot is there because the pinball machine's clock is set to the factory default. The emulation is too good!

#488 11 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Is it just me or is the MM PF on the 360 particularly dark? And what's up with no achievements for completing standard and wizard goals on the new tables?

Microsoft has a limit on how many Achievement points can be gained through DLC, and it's also a time-restricted limit (something about no more than X points on DLC released within 3 months, or something odd like that).

#489 11 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Factory-hard has ball saver disabled. Factory-medium has ball saver. However some games wrongfully install hard on a Factory-reset.

I wrote the following elsewhere recently, where CFTBL settings was up for debate.

The ball saver is not the worse though. On hard each, Snack bar target has to be hit directly. Especially the bottom left is nasty.

-

I recently discovered some strange behaviour regarding the configuration on this game. And after a thorough investigation I was able to discover a bug in the software. I did the discovery about a year ago.

If the territory setting is set for European, and only for this, a reset to factory defaults will install hard setting instead of medium. Contrary to what the manual states. And contrary to the behaviour of other WPC games. European is a combination of German for settings, but US for language. In this case, German does is right. European doesn’t.

So, in some places, this game was quite a mouthful on location.

#490 11 years ago

mine's definately set on hard then. one of the other things that I noticed that were different in the pinball arcade version were the lit snackbar stand-ups cycling with each pop bumper hit (which my "real" machine doesn't do) as well as not scoring an unlit stand-up by hitting the snackbar hole

on the plus side, I'm feeling a lot better of my current high score of 670M given that my machine is set on hard
in the words of eric idle, "♫ always look on the bright side of life ♪"

#491 11 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

mine's definately set on hard then. one of the other things that I noticed that were different in the pinball arcade version were the lit snackbar stand-ups cycling with each pop bumper hit (which my "real" machine doesn't do) as well as not scoring an unlit stand-up by hitting the snackbar hole
on the plus side, I'm feeling a lot better of my current high score of 670M given that my machine is set on hardin the words of eric idle, "♫ always look on the bright side of life ♪"

I'd be very proud of that score on hard. Mine's on easy or medium and I'm embarrased to say what my high score is.

#492 11 years ago

@j_m

Check the manual for hard vs. medium settings. You're right about the tough snack targets. Hard also resets progress on multi-ball end, except P-A-I-D. Shorter time for Peepin' Tom. Etc. Etc.

#493 11 years ago

So on a european game, can we just select medium and have everything back to 'american medium' or do we have to adjust all the settings separately?
I guess I have been playing on hard all the time.

#494 11 years ago

Anyone else have only 1 view option on CFTBL? It then changes during multiball and gets stuck there for the remainder of the ball :/

#495 11 years ago

@Apekop

There is 3 territory-sets of default for 5 language settings, US/Spain, Germany/EU and France. Check the manual. Installing Factory defaults, one of five (ex. easy to ex. hard), will install that completely - for the territory specified by DIP switches.

Farsight uses US-medium setting for their games. With any Replay disabled. But with Match enabled - strangely enough.

#496 11 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

White people problems. If people are bitching about things like this....they must bitch about everything. Life is too short to live glass half empty. #hippierant

#497 11 years ago

My machine definitely cycles stand ups with pop bumper hits.

Quoted from j_m_:

on the plus side, I'm feeling a lot better of my current high score of 670M given that my machine is set on hard
in the words of eric idle, "♫ always look on the bright side of life ♪"

#498 11 years ago

Per the recent Pinball Arcade E-mail Newsletter:

"Taxi™ will be featured in the next table pack! We will also be releasing another great Stern game that will get your motor runnin’…"

I'm guessing that by that description they mean Harley Davidson? Nascar?

#499 11 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

"Taxi™ will be featured in the next table pack! We will also be releasing another great Stern game that will get your motor runnin’…"

I was wondering the same thing. It would have to be a newer Stern right? Considering their trend of offering an old SS table with a DMD one as a pack.

#500 11 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

Harley Davidson was seen in their "making of" video (it even showed a 3D model of the motorcycle), so we can pretty much bank on that being the Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.