(Topic ID: 13709)

Farsight's The Pinball Arcade on PS3 and PC (plus iOS & Android)

By Jeffy777

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2632D6C6-4AF3-4855-9761-6D5071FA1BD8 (resized).png
Screenshot (resized).png
4D01DE17-493F-46CA-9A9D-FC3FDA4F1A55 (resized).png
8AABEF9D-148F-44C1-A86A-7F329509ED5A.png
89567DC4-AFA2-4E85-BDE1-C4772FB3D63B.png
Screenshot_20171027-192147.png
IMG_0179.PNG
IMG_2317 (resized).PNG
IMG_2318 (resized).PNG
IMG_3900_(resized).JPG
july_hint_2016_(resized).jpg
IIlJrJG_(resized).jpg
zacc_(resized).png
JANUARYHINT_2015.jpg
dirty_hariy.jpg
Table_Hint45.png

There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 50.
#1 11 years ago

The Pinball Arcade by Farsight is out now on PS3 and PS4 (plus iOS & Android)

Anyone else eagerly awaiting this?

http://www.pinballarcade.com/

For PC via Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238260/

For iPhone / iPad:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinball-arcade/id455826958?mt=8

For Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farsight.AndroidPinball.javaProject&hl=en

#2 11 years ago

oh i cant wait. is there a list of games for it

#3 11 years ago

Well that sucks. I thought the Xbox and PS3 releases were going to be synchronized!

#4 11 years ago

from their website http://www.pinballarcade.com/

(this info is for the andriod version, but should be the same all around) :

=-=-=-
Tales of the Arabian Nights® can be played in trial mode for free with Ripley's Believe It or Not®, Theatre of Magic®, and Black Hole™ available from within the game.

Each month, regular updates will add classics like Monster Bash®, Medieval Madness®, Creature from the Black Lagoon®, Funhouse®, Attack from Mars®, Black Knight®, Space Shuttle®, Pin•Bot®, Circus Voltaire®, Big Shot®, (and many others for years to come!)
=-=-=-

Looks like PinMAME for PC or a couple of the pinball emulators avail on PSN already.

I'd get it, if its not more than $15..

Wonder if they charge you for the new tables... or if its a monthly sub fee or something.

-j

#5 11 years ago

It's 800 MS points (or $10) for the game.

It comes with 4 tables: TOTAN, TOM, Black Hole, and RBION

Each month there will be 2 new DLC tables available for purchase. The first DLC tables will be MM and BOP.

#7 11 years ago

I for one, cannot wait. The guys from Farsight are top notch! My only question, how early on the 28th can I buy it

#9 11 years ago

Heck yeah! I am off work tomorrow : )

#10 11 years ago

Got to play this at the TPF and it was basically the same as the Pinball Hall of Fame Williams collection. Tables looked the same and played about the same. I'm very happy to see it come out but was disappointed that they are using some of the same tables that have already been done (TOTAN and MM). I've gotta see what comes out next but will probally get it.

#11 11 years ago

But TOM and RBION will nice additions to the Xbox

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got to play this at the TPF and it was basically the same as the Pinball Hall of Fame Williams collection. Tables looked the same and played about the same. I'm very happy to see it come out but was disappointed that they are using some of the same tables that have already been done (TOTAN and MM). I've gotta see what comes out next but will probally get it.

The graphics look quite a bit better in the screens. Physics look better in the videos too (ball looks faster).

#13 11 years ago

You can buy the tables individually so don't buy MM and TOTAN if you don't want to. I doubt there will be any savings getting the 4 pack - I think you actually ended up paying a penny more on the mobile versions that way! TOTAN was 99c, Black Hole $1.99, Theatre of Magic $2.99 and RBION $3.99. I think. Of course I don't know how that will translate to MS points. Bloody MS points.

Improved graphics, physics and frontend should make paying for the repeated tables worth it especially as they will probably be discounted like TOTAN was being their "Table Of The Month" at 99c.

#14 11 years ago

I REALLY hope they incude a tutorial walkthrough on all of the tables like they had in Pinball Hall of Fame....but for a download game...I have my doubts.

#15 11 years ago

The tutorials are included on the iphone version, very well done, so I'm 99.9% sure it will be on xbox/ps3 as well...

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I played as well, they had a booth at the TPF and it was pretty sweet to see BOP which I have not seen electronically before. I will be buying.

#17 11 years ago

I have a 360 but I'd rather play these on my PS3....the controller just feels better for flippin' action!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

The graphics look quite a bit better in the screens. Physics look better in the videos too (ball looks faster).

Have you played both? I have and I'm just saying I didn't notice the drastic difference everyone is raving about.

Was it nice? Yes
Will I buy - Yes
Is it loads better than Hall of Fame - To me no.

All I was saying was that it would have been nice if they would have introduced more new tables before doing repeats that are already done pretty well in Hall of Fame. Hook me up with a BDK, SM, TF, LOTR, etc please

#19 11 years ago

It would be nice if you could change the settings like in the adjustment menu's.

#20 11 years ago

I have to wait longer for it to be on my PS3? LAME.

#22 11 years ago

Too bad I have to wait longer on that ps3 edition. Was really looking forward to playing that in the lull between pinball shows. Oh well, there's still zen, real pinball, and the countless hours of netflix instant to keep me occupied.

Work?? oh yea, I guess I have to do that too.

#23 11 years ago

I'll be buying it. I have the Hall of Fame collection on both the Wii and the Xbox. The physics aren't great, but they are still fun and great to learn all of the rules. I'm sure they didn't change much if anything, so figured why not put out duplicate tables, there'd be not additional work for them.

Did anyone ever play the Pro Pinball titles for the PC? I have the 4 pack. I remember "Timeshock" and "Big Race USA" were pretty good. They were pinball simulations back in the '90's. I'll have to see if I can get it running on Windows 7.

#24 11 years ago

Sounds like there might be a delay with the release (something with the approval on Microsoft's end). Major Nelson from MS had tweeted that the release is still on for the 28th, but then he deleted his tweet, yet the Xbox Marketplace site still says the 28th, so we'll see what happens.

#25 11 years ago

Great! I will buy it right away. I just hope the weather here turns bad again because I don't
want to feel bad for spending too much time indoors.

#26 11 years ago

Doh! From facebook..

Microsoft has asked Crave (the XBLA publisher) to delay the release for a week to get better placement on the dashboard. We're sorry for the delay, but as of yesterday we were still hopeful to get review codes to give to the press and at least the option to release today. Even Microsoft seems to have expected the game to have been released this week. We will update again later today when the date is official.

#27 11 years ago

been playing those tables on ipad

1st - they really need to update the graphics for the new ipad, they just don't look that sharp
2nd - it would be great if they had a top down view, not just the angles. Would be nice to have a view where the ipad is like the glass of the pin, sort of like you can with the virtual pins.

What would actually be really cool, is if they has one of the plastic pinball tables where you could insert the ipad as the table and in the back insert an iphone as the back glass and have them work in conjunction with each other. I would buy that in a second!

#28 11 years ago

The Xbox version has been rescheduled till April 4th.

Meanwhile the Mac version just went live:

"The Mac version has just gone live and is featured under "New and Noteworthy" in the app store! On OSx, we're currently using similar rendering tech as we do on the new iPad, but at 1080p. We'll be updating the lighting and graphics quality to that of the consoles in the upcoming months."

#29 11 years ago

Cool! Will buy that tonight.

#30 11 years ago

Downloaded the Mac version and wonder if there really is no way to change the controls because using the trackpad to be able to launch the ball is cumbersome. Also the flipper buttons are keyed to the left and right arrow keys and for nudging you have to use the trackpad. This means you have to flip with the fingers on one hand which is really unnatural to me.
I've bought the iPhone, IPad and now the Mac version and must say I'm disappointed and won't be playing them much. I'm still enjoying the old Xbox version though, which is quite good.

#31 11 years ago

On my MAC the flippers are way too slow. Very dissapointed. XBOX version? Do you mean the other game "The Williams Collection"?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

On my MAC the flippers are way too slow. Very dissapointed. XBOX version? Do you mean the other game "The Williams Collection"?

The flippers are also slow on my Mac and that makes them feel underpowered. Don't know how to do a rebuilt on them though.
Yes, I did mean the Williams collection. Going from that to these versions has been a big step back. Everything is slow and unresponsive. You have to sometimes click the buttons multiple times before they react.

#33 11 years ago

OK, finally the 360 release is just hours away. Can't wait to see this in all its HD glory.

#34 11 years ago

Loved their other XBOX 360 title. I'll be getting this for sure.

My wish for the game: You know if you leave it in attract mode and the camera does a flyover of the playfield? I'd love to be able to manually control that close-up camera to be able to explore the parts of the table that you can't see very well.

#35 11 years ago

Super looking forward to the ps3 drop. iPhone version is destroying my eyes!

#36 11 years ago

Looks cool

But thanks to Markmon I just play all of these on my steroided Hyperpin. =-)

I have not played my Hall of fame williams collection since finally finding my MM.

It is good I owned it for WII also before finding it did not have TOTAN or MM.

Has anyone tried the williams collection for 3DS? That I might pickup for road trips.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Loved their other XBOX 360 title. I'll be getting this for sure.
My wish for the game: You know if you leave it in attract mode and the camera does a flyover of the playfield? I'd love to be able to manually control that close-up camera to be able to explore the parts of the table that you can't see very well.

That would indeed be great.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

I've thought the exact same thing on many occasions. It's hard to find good high res pictures on the
internet on which you can read the inserts for example.
Does anyone know of a site? IPMD only has small pictures.

#39 11 years ago

Their website http://www.pinballarcade.com/ doesn't even speak of the release. Or is there an other
one? Seems like you'd want to advertise it a little bit. I guess it's ok if they are too busy making new tables.

#40 11 years ago

This is from their facebook page

"The 360 release is just hours away! Let us know what you think."

It was posted 7 hrs ago.

#41 11 years ago

I just don't understand why they use facebook as their main information source. It is really hard to follow what is going on. All it has is a bunch of fans chit-chatting, and you cannot sort through the mess to find information about product releases. Furthermore, about half the population does not even use facebook (or as it should be called fakefriendsbook).

When is the PS3 release?

#42 11 years ago

Williams collection for 3ds has a lower framerate and is limited to the same tables as the wii, actually I think it has 2 less. Funhouse is the most technology in the game and also the screen looks more dark than any other game you put in the system. I'm a huge supporter of Farsight, but this game didn't get bought by us due to the lack of games the 3ds hardware could clearly support, and the crippled framerate/brightness.

We do have Williams for Wii (no DMD machines emulated) and ps3 (NGG, MM, and TOTAN emulated) and those are fantastic. I play more of the ps3 one for obvious reasons even though the wii seems to have better controls.

We also have Pinball Arcade (the new one) on android. And on one of the better Androids on the market, Nexus S, the game is still sluggish and makes me lose balls by its stuttering. I still play the crap out of it because hey.. RBION, TOM, Black Hole, and TOTAN on the go!!

I'll be sure to get it for the ps3 as well. Have really been watching for this and am slightly miffed that it's taken this long to launch, but whatever it takes to get it running smoothly, I'm sure all miffery will go out the window once it launches and I have a few games to play on my game system instead of netflix all the time.

DC, as I understand, the PS3 release will be NEXT week (Sony likes to do releases on Tue-Wed), but I back that up with absolutely nothing due to the very same reasons you give on facebook.

#43 11 years ago

It's available! Downloading right now for the Xbox!

#44 11 years ago

Got this for my ipad3 and probably xbox or ps3. But on ps3 it runs great. xbox/ps3 it should run smooth. I think the consoles ship with the mm table? or its dlc very soon after.

#45 11 years ago

The Xbox version comes bundled with the same 4 tables as the IOS version. TOM, TOTAN, Black hole and RBION. I just played it for the first time and it's quite good. I didn't like the small screen and controls on the Iphone and Ipad but I this is fun. I think they said MM is one of the downloads
that comes later.

#46 11 years ago

It has been released on Xbox LIVE. My first impressions are pretty underwhelming.

The tables seem fine (looks, psychics, sound, play). The main drawback on the gameplay side of things is limited camera selections and only 1 (pretty bad) camera angle while shooting the ball.

The main downer for me is the games interface. Flat, clunky and bound to just get worse as more tables are released. There are 4 tables now and you have to scroll through them with only 1 table being displayed on screen at a time. add 20+ tables to that and browsing the tables might become a pain. It also looks to have only the most basic of leaderboards. Only the most basic of options and no going into the game settings or audits. Pinball FX2 allows you to change gameplay setting, check audits and even set the outlanes. This game has none of that. No attract flyby and no free control camera as another poster was hoping for.

I was really hoping they had learned a thing or two from Pinball FX2 since they had released the Williams Hall of Fame Collection, but that doesn't look to be the case. Pinball FX2 pretty much makes this game look like amature night at the game designing house. The only thing The Pinball Arcade has going for it are better tutorials for each table and real tables. Their Williams Hall of Fame Collection is also better than The Pinball Arcade in some ways (slicker interface, more camera choices and spoken tutorials).

I'm sure I will buy most tables released for it and as I said, it plays fine. It's just a dissapointment that they have been hyping this up and it looks like a scailed down Williams Hall of Fame Collection, with new tables from different manufactures. I really believe that most of the develops at this studio have to know that the have been outclassed by Zen Studios.

Maybe they can patch a whole new interface, cameras and options in the game....but I really doubt that will happen. I will have to settle for what it is and give up on what it could have been.

#47 11 years ago

That's very dissapointing thing to hear. Are there trophies at all? Is online play an option?

I really wanted more angles, and wanted it to be way above the mobile ports. I guess time will tell if there's an upgrade.

#48 11 years ago

Haven't got a chance to play it yet, but all I really care about is the gameplay/physics, and that part of it sounds really solid.

#49 11 years ago

I haven't played the game too much as of yet, but right now I feel like Pinball FX2 is defiantly superior. I enjoy that the tables are based on real pins, but the camera angles and interface need work. Hopefully in these days they will be able to come out with patch to make some of these things better.

#50 11 years ago

It's still much too easy compared to real pinball and even PinMAME.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 2,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-arcade-by-farsight-releases-tomorrow-on-xbox-live-march-28th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.