(Topic ID: 44521)

The Pin with The Most REPLAYABILITY

By Nilroc

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOTR_audit1.JPG
    LOTR_audit2.JPG
    IMG_9483_audit_b.jpg
    IMG_9483_audit_a.jpg
    BSD.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

What pin in your opinion has the most replayability?
    Another words The pin you never get tired of playing and will never leave your collection.
    My selection because I only have one pin so far would be TOM.
    Everyone loves it. I know it's easier than other machines out there but the flow of the game in my opinion is fantastic!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

It's funny you list ToM because most people say that has almost no replayability.

I would imagine something like LOTR because it's such a deep game chances are you'll never get all the way to the ending...

#3 11 years ago

Easy answer is BSD, TOM would be WAY at the bottom of my replayability list..it's to easy...almost every shot hits a ramp or loop or orbit Gorgeous game though...

BSD.jpgBSD.jpg

#4 11 years ago

ACDC, TRON, NGG, WPT, EBD, Centaur, Jackbot, DH, BSD, FT, PM, Airborne. There's a start.

#6 11 years ago

I have a Theatre of Magic and I like it a lot, but not really because of its replayability. The number one thing I like about it is that a first time pinball player is probably going to have a lot of fun. But, it doesn't take that long before you see all of the modes that Theatre of Magic has to offer.

On the other hand, I just got a Simpsons Pinball Party, and I've read about all of the modes it has. The Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode is so hard to get to that only a few people have ever gotten there. To get to that mode, you have to complete six other modes. I have yet to START a single one of those modes.

I think psychologically, falling just short of a goal you've never gotten to leaves you wanting more than going through the same steps over and over. With Simpsons Pinball Party, I don't expect to ever see all of the modes, but I'll sure keep trying.

#7 11 years ago

AFM or BSD. Both games you are ways close to kicking the shit out of it but seemingly always humbled in the end.

#8 11 years ago

Hey,

In my super-biased opinion, I like TSPP. My TZ is in restoration right now and I truthfully haven't had time to play it enough, so I can't speak to that, but people who have it seem to like it and keep it. I don't own one, but would throw LotR in there on reputation alone. All of these games fall on the "deep" side of things.

On the other end of things, I really like rocking out PinBot. Simple enough game; challenging; miserable outlanes. Love that one, and I guess if I'm going to drop a new playfield in there and repaint the cabinet, it's not going to go anywhere.

Luke

#9 11 years ago

Personally I found TZ to be a little disappointing in the depth department, relative to it's reputation of being fairly deep. Sure, there's a lot of things you *can* do, but the best strategies for scoring are fairly straight forward, and you're best ignoring half of the modes.

#10 11 years ago

Centaur or HS

#11 11 years ago

The most? No Clue.....I have not played all 5500 machines

STTNG has a lot a replay value. It's not the hardest to get to the final mode but it is a hard pin in general. So it kicks your butt 9 times out of 10 but that 10th game is so great that it keeps you coming back for more.

#12 11 years ago

TFTC data east never gave me any troubles play the tar out of it

#13 11 years ago

Lotr and AC/DC..................

#14 11 years ago

If you look at what has been beat to death in the arcades over the years it would be Whirlwind and High Speed.

#15 11 years ago

I know this machine is not highly regarded but MSF for me has the most replay-ability. I just never get tired of it.

#16 11 years ago

IM, duh.

#18 11 years ago
    #19 11 years ago

Rbion

#21 11 years ago

LOTR not because it has an unattainable mode for most but for the layout and depth. SM right on its heels due to its incredible flow n rule set

#22 11 years ago

Jackbot.... I haven't stopped playing it after many years. Also IJ which I have owned for over 13 years...still play it

#24 11 years ago

For me, it's AC/DC Premium/LE. Easily. I've had it since September 2012 and it still feels new and exciting. Nothing else comes close to the replay-ability of that pin in my opinion.

#26 11 years ago

LOTR and TSPP

#28 11 years ago

I think that you can see by the various responses that this is really very subjective question. Replay-ability is not dependent on depth, toys, flow, beauty or ranking but on what you personally find challenging and fun. Even after you master a machine some just have that something extra that makes you want to push that button one more time.

I played a few games on The Shadow last night and every time I play that game I just love the challenge. I haven't beat it yet, and I may never do so, but if that time should come I think I would just appreciate it that much more and hope to do it again.

#30 11 years ago

Acdc. Sm.

Never owned Tom. Would like to.

#31 11 years ago

MM AFM TFTC Tron Shadow. I just cannot get enough plays in on any of them. They are all the kind of games that I find when done I am subconsciously pressing start before I realize I am doing it.

The few games I played on ACDC I also felt the same way but I need more games to say for sure.

#32 11 years ago

X-men-

Get all of the updates and play them in progression. It is a different game every time.

Actually a very deep game, once they polish and finish I really can't see too many deeper games. Its main Wizard Mode is probably harder than any Wizard Mode I have ever seen.

#33 11 years ago

This is a tough one because I can't stop playing my TSPP, LOTR, Fish Tales, BSD, and Goldeneye!

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from rplante:

I think that you can see by the various responses that this is really very subjective question. Replay-ability is not dependent on depth, toys, flow, beauty or ranking but on what you personally find challenging and fun. Even after you master a machine some just have that something extra that makes you want to push that button one more time.

My first thoughts on this subject as well. I agree 100%. I endeavor to have every machine I am fortunate enough to own to posses that one-more-play magic.

#35 11 years ago

TSPP and Shadow are my picks.

#37 11 years ago

Just my opinion, but I'd say choosing a brand new release pin for the "most re-playability title" is a little premature....

So, not to dump on the AC/DC's of the world, but I would suggest those are somewhat provisional votes. I would ASSuME that after dropping $6000 or $7000 on a machine is would get a lot of ones attention the first few months .

To me, LOTR is more impressive in that its 10yrs old and still high on the re-playability meter.... or AFM & TAF , nearly 20-yrs old and still rated high....

I'm not saying ACDC WONT be a classic, but let's wait 4-5 years, and a dozen newer, flashier, louder pins later and see if it still garners the same affection.

BTW- I have the same opinion about anything dubbed as an "instant classic"... cuz there aint no such thing!

#39 11 years ago

Tron LE for me.
    I tell my wife around bedtime I'm going up to play 1 game, which usually turns into 5 or more games. If that ain't replay I don't what replay is then.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

It's funny you list ToM because most people say that has almost no replayability.
    I would imagine something like LOTR because it's such a deep game chances are you'll never get all the way to the ending...

ToM is a crowd favorite among those who haven't played it a whole lot, but it gets redundant fast.

Hands down my most re-playable game is TSPP.

#41 11 years ago

AVLE
    ACDC
    LoTR

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

So, not to dump on the AC/DC's of the world, but I would suggest those are somewhat provisional votes. I would ASSuME that after dropping $6000 or $7000 on a machine is would get a lot of ones attention the first few months .

Have you played it? To me a game with the most "replayability" is a game that I wanna start up as soon as I just got done playing it. to me games like LOTR & even SM which I love & is a great game arent this type. The games are too long & after Ive played a long game on one last thing I wanna o is fire up another 30+ minute game. Games like ACDC, IM & AFM are fun games that can kick your ass & make you wanna fire another one right up after your done.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

LOTR & even SM which...last thing I wanna o is fire up another 30+ minute game

Can you post your game audits for LOTR? I'd like to see your game length averages, for confirmation of your 30 minute games statements. Also, are your outlanes tight? Do you use a very loose tilt?

#44 11 years ago

I can't just pick one, so I'll go for my top 5.

Twilight Zone. It is always a pleasure to get lost in the Zone
    The Shadow. Super fast, no pops and always a challenge
    TSPP. I'd like to think I can play pinball, but will I ever see the Super Dooper Mega whatever it's called wizard mode? Who knows.
    Flash Gordon. Feel the pain, come back for more. The definition of pinball masochism.

and finishing out the fabulous 5...
    1972 Bally Wizard. Classic pinball play and MadDog Christensen artwork. Add to that the incredible Ted Zale Design with the rubber disc randomizer.... I just can't stop playing it!.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Can you post your game audits for LOTR? I'd like to see your game length averages, for confirmation of your 30 minute games statements. Also, are your outlanes tight? Do you use a very lose tilt?

Sold My LE a couple years ago.....good game but rarely did I wanna play it more then once a night.

#46 11 years ago

Usually when someone states some overly long game times on LOTR, they never seem to have the game in hand and can never prove it with audits. I hear these exaggerated game length statements often but have yet to see anyone prove it with audits. I welcome any proof showing the 15+ minute game audit photos from portals.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Usually when someone states some overly long game times on LOTR, they never seem to have the game in hand and can never prove it with audits. I hear these exaggerated game length statements often but have yet to see anyone prove it with audits. I welcome any proof showing the 15+ minute game audit photos from portals.

Usually I could care less if people care to believe something I state as an opinion. Thats the case here too. If I had the game still i'd be more then willing to show you the audits but obviously that isnt going to happen.

#48 11 years ago

As soon as I saw this thread, TOM came to mind. I agree with the original OP.

#49 11 years ago

Twilight Zone never gets old to me. Everything you could want in a pin is there.

My TOM is currently for sale.....and I LOVE magic!

#50 11 years ago

flintstones and indiana jones are sentimental favourites with cool music . But Avengers has beat them all with enough to keep me going for a long time to come. keeper for sure

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pin-with-the-most-replayability and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.