You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

makedo-wp-pinball-machine.jpg
81SzLEXWIML._SL1500_.jpg
rawr-just-kidding-im-only-a-turtle.jpg
gotpro.jpg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

I think I would rather just look for a nice LOTR that has 3x more stuff on it, than any version of GOT.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Why can't they just focus on one design of a game? Why change up the features of it? Just average out the price something in the middle of LE and Pro. I can see why they make the pro. So that others can buy a cheaper game. But to me, I'd think if you made only one version of the game, list it in the middle, both types of people would be happy. Those who normally but the Premium/LE would think they're getting a deal. And those who normally buy the Pro, would probably be comfortable spending another $1000, instead of $3000, to have all the features.
I don't know. Just my thoughts. Pinball machines used to be like this, right?

I'd prefer they make one, single, awesome looking game rather than something in the middle. JJP knocked it out of the park on route with WoZ in terms of making a box that a passerby wants to drop a dollar into.

Look at the arcade games you see today... Batman with a giant cockpit and LED lighting, full curved screens like Star Wars Battle Pod, Dark Escape has 3D glasses, vibration, and blasts air at you. People would put money into Raven if you put a Game of Thrones backglass on it, but I think the deck itself should look packed, modern, and exciting considering the other commercial coin op games out there in 2015. The fact that the less exciting, empty looking games are meant for route is the opposite of what should be happening.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Met Pro and ST Pro are standing tall as lords of the pros right now.

Xmen is stacked and packed compared to the modern Pro.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'd prefer they make one, single, awesome looking game rather than something in the middle.

My suggestion was to make the game awesome. Just middle pricing. Which I know they would never do, because they're already getting the higher pricing from customers anyways.

I'd like to see them slow down, and focus on polishing a great unique game every time. And not just saying, "lets move the ramps over here, and the targets over here this time."

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

JJP knocked it out of the park on route with WoZ in terms of making a box that a passerby wants to drop a dollar into.

Sure didnt on my route.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Disagree regarding AC/DC Pro
- Bell - original pros just had a standup target - no swinging bell
- Jukebox - all it is is some lights
- Fire Button - GoT has a fire button
- Canon - yes - that's the one item you got right
- GoT has 3 "toys" AC/DC doesn't have: the sword lock, battering ram and IM War Monger kicker

It has the bell, it just doesn't swing. Regardless of what the jukebox is, it's cool and it's a great tool for status indicator of completed songs, etc. I didn't say GOT didn't have a fire button.

Again, I didn't post this for the sake of arguing with people, but do me a favor and just take a look at the photo of the playfield and tell me it looks anything remotely like a full-featured??? Tell me where on AC/DC, or any other pro for that matter, there is a big huge dead space like there is at the rear left of the GOT playfield?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Now I must humbly ask..what is "The Pin"? This phrase, what is its deeper meaning?

The Pin is a stripped down "home version" pinball that Stern designed.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Avatar was a $5400 piece of a equipment during the cost cutting era and this will be $6000 during a boom period. I'm just going to go full EM and stop thinking about it, modern pinball is too much for me.

On one hand I agree with you, go EM but on the other you could say just buy used, don't buy new. There are many owners who treat their NIB games with such care that you can't tell a difference between HUO and brand new.

Let the NIB purchaser take the hit.

#59 8 years ago

I probably shouldn't even chime in here because even if I thought the layout of this game was good, I don't care for the theme (I'll never own a LOTR for that reason, even though it plays great). However, I think it's hard to compare AC/DC to this because AC/DC also came out when MSRP was lower ($5k), now their up to $6k MSRP on the pro with that big of a chunk stripped out?

This isn't even about saving money, this is about pushing buyers into the next level. Routers don't care if they have to service 2 more flipper coil sleeves and rubbers (what is that, $3 in parts after a thousand plays?). What I don't think Stern is realizing is that if pro sales go way down, even if they break even with LE's they aren't going to profit much by premiums and pros. I'd like to think Stern shot themselves in the foot, but I'm sure like usual buyers WON'T be voting with their wallets.

#60 8 years ago

I think we just need to give this pin a chance. I don't think Steve Ritchie would produce a turd after all this time. There must be something to this game that we are not seeing that justifies the extra cash. From the pics, it looks like the premium and LE have a lot more to offer but is it worth thousands more? We need to wait and see.

#61 8 years ago

I'd sure hate to see what a real The Pin version looks like!

#62 8 years ago

so many things about the PRO that don't look right.

What about the left ramp return that is better than 3/4 the length of the playfield and perfectly straight. This looks very odd being clear plastic. Maybe this should have been wire instead?

This thing looks more like POTC Zizzle than a modern pinball from a quick glance.

#63 8 years ago

I wish I could give the title of this thread a hundred thumbs ups!

#64 8 years ago

The only thing that would have made the pro look more cheap is if they would have put a dragon on a stick like Mic in the Rolling Stones.

#65 8 years ago

New pic released of the Dragon mod for the PRO version and it looks high tech!

rawr-just-kidding-im-only-a-turtle.jpgrawr-just-kidding-im-only-a-turtle.jpg

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Why change up the features of it? Just average out the price something in the middle of LE and Pro.

They do. The Premium.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Now I must humbly ask..what is "The Pin"? This phrase, what is its deeper meaning?

81SzLEXWIML._SL1500_.jpg81SzLEXWIML._SL1500_.jpg

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'd sure hate to see what a real The Pin version looks like!

Here's a picture of the next "the pin" in testing.

makedo-wp-pinball-machine.jpgmakedo-wp-pinball-machine.jpg

#69 8 years ago

The pro is designed to be a stripped down model to meet a price point. The premium is more equal to the regular full featured pins from back in the day before Stern started building pro/premium/le models. To say that the GOT pro is missing features is correct but its supposed to be that way...it will also be a few thousand cheaper than the premium.

I've never understood why people bash the pro for not having all the features, its not supposed to. Its for ops. Collectors should opt for premium/LE which is more akin to the fully featured games before we all had options on pro/prem/le. Or buy the pro, take the savings and live with the shortcomings that are the lack of features.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

The pro is designed to be a stripped down model to meet a price point. The premium is more equal to the regular full featured pins from back in the day before Stern started building pro/premium/le models. To say that the GOT pro is missing features is correct but its supposed to be that way...it will also be a few thousand cheaper than the premium.
I've never understood why people bash the pro for not having all the features, its not supposed to. Its for ops. Collectors should opt for premium/LE which is more akin to the fully featured games before we all had options on pro/prem/le. Or buy the pro, take the savings and live with the shortcomings that are the lack of features.

Why can't there be one good identical playing version of the game released, like say 98% of pinball history?

Answer: people are supporting this model.

Sorry, I'll take a "used" WPT over what I have seen from most recent Stern releases, get complete code, solid and abundant hardware, as well as ~$5K in savings.

I know this has been beaten to death, but this acceptance there has to be a stripped down version "because money" is kinda sad.

#71 8 years ago

I have preferred the gameplay of most of the pros over the premium/le's, especially AC/DC. I think the pro with its two ramps looks like a Ritchie flow game and the translight and cabinet artwork is much better. The LE with its upper playfield is meh. That being said, I have never seen such a difference between models as this. Not sure this is a good thing. Time will tell.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

The pro is designed to be a stripped down model to meet a price point.

And I think this is a great thing to do, the problem imo is that the price for the pro is waay to high, and slowly rising for almost each new game?

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

And rental cars should not have heat, air conditioning, and radios.

Well said.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

There are many owners who treat their NIB games with such care that you can't tell a difference between HUO and brand new.

Oh you can! The meticulous owners have 100% functional, dialed-in pins. Out of the box issues are solved, code updated, a few mods added...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pin-returns/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.