Engadget.jpg
GaryS.jpg
IMG_0947.jpg
GeorgeG.jpg
screen-capture-1.png
copycat.jpg
copycat.jpg
Mobbed.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scuba_Steve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#252 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

These people will be calling for service if the flipper rubber falls off...
you will see alot of customers just bail on them an NOT put the money in it...

Great then I should be able to pick one up for >$100 on Craigslist in a couple of years.

#267 11 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Actually, you can buy one new for >$100 right now.

LOL you got me! That should have been <$100.00...

#293 11 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I personally think the innovation should be on the software side. Making the code open source and easily customizable. I look at the hours people put into things like Minecraft building their own worlds and wonder if you could nab some of those people. Let them customize how the lights display, how the rules work, and so on. Trade versions of their game with others online. Maybe an added revenue stream for companies like Stern could be selling different accessories like alternate ramps and playfield parts that can be swapped in and out by owners.

While I think customizable rules would be an AWESOME idea I don’t think this would be something for a non-pinhead. And let’s be honest, The Pin is not marketed to you or me. Whenever I have friends over, who aren’t into pinball, I have to explain the rule set and they still don’t get 75% of what I’ve explained. Adding a feature like that wouldn’t transition for kids who aren’t hardcore pinball freaks.

#318 11 years ago

The best new HUO pin for non-pinheads is from FarSight. No bulbs to burn out, no broken coils, doesn’t weigh a ton, cost a few bucks, you can play multiple classic games from your youth, and it has a smaller footprint than The Pin. IMO Pinball Arcade > The Pin.

#325 11 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

It's as close as some people will ever get to playing TZ, MM, STTNG, etc.

And it only cost a few bucks as compared to $2,500-3,000 for The Pin. Thats a lot of cash for something that might break down in a few weeks. For somebody who isnt a pinhead, like us, that can be a major point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scuba_Steve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pin-is-mobbed-at-ces?tu=Scuba_Steve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.