(Topic ID: 115528)

The Pin - Avengers

By nobitingmyarm

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender.jpg
    2015-01-18 15.57.59.jpg
    2015-01-18 15.08.53.jpg
    2015-01-18 15.09.28.jpg
    2015-01-18 15.08.37.jpg
    2015-01-18 15.08.32.jpg
    2015-01-18 15.08.43.jpg
    2015-01-18 15.08.29.jpg
    2015-01-17 23.14.20.jpg
    2015-01-02 13.20.20.jpg
    2015-01-14 19.00.23.jpg
    2015-01-14 19.00.29.jpg
    2015-01-14 19.11.30.jpg
    2015-01-14 19.10.16.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    2015-01-14 19.10.34.jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

Avengers Pro is most underrated game on Pinside! Would love to see gameplay vid of The Pin.

#52 9 years ago

Screw near the pops is definitely odd. Maybe added to prevent SDTM drains?

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Screw near the pops is definitely odd. Maybe added to prevent SDTM drains?

They put the screw there to give it the look and feel of a routed pin.

#54 9 years ago

If you crawl underneath, you can remove the sheet and get at the underside of the playfield. The sheet is kind of hard to squeeze back in place.

Think it's a MOSFET board, light board and switch board.

I'm excited to see inside WWE and check out the new system. It seems like the smart way to go forward, versus the "how much hardware can we fit?" approach of other companies.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from nobitingmyarm:

I would have to agree with you. The documentation that they provide includes a list of parts on the playfield and underneath with two diagrams that you'd typically find in a pinball operation manual.
    In the pictures below you will see a screw in the playfield, just above the pop bumpers and underneath the switch? Is that typical to see? It's noted on the diagram but I'm not sure why it's there. Every time the ball goes through that switch (correct term?) or hits the pop bumpers it hits the screw every time.

Here are some additional pictures. If there's additional things you'd like to see LMK.

2015-01-14 19.10.16.jpg 202 KB

2015-01-14 19.11.30.jpg 247 KB

2015-01-14 19.00.29.jpg 177 KB

2015-01-14 19.00.23.jpg 185 KB

2015-01-02 13.20.20.jpg 169 KB

2015-01-17 23.14.20.jpg 203 KB

Ive seen posts where people have seen a screw in the playfield in stern ST. It was pit there to prevent ball hang ups near the pops. But this screw doesnt look like its in a hang up area....

Maybe its to keep the pop from kicking the ball over the rollover switch over and over again. Looks like it could bounce between the pop and the rubber post on the lane divider repeatedly... Switch might take a beating. Idk

#56 9 years ago

I don't know if this would make it easier to service, but it may be possible to stand the machine on its back (like a traditional machine's storage position) and then removing the bottom. It probably beats lying on one's back anyway.

In any case, congratulations. This machine is pretty much a unicorn and that's probably why everyone is so curious. I personally am still rooting for The Pin concept and I still hope NIB at $3000 becomes a market.

#57 9 years ago

Some great news...I finally got the multiball last night. It's evaded me until now.

Quoted from nosro:

I don't know if this would make it easier to service, but it may be possible to stand the machine on its back (like a traditional machine's storage position) and then removing the bottom. It probably beats lying on one's back anyway.

You'd have to remove the backbox to do that. It's a bear to put on and take off. It's really a two-person job and you need a person with petite fingers to put the wing nuts on without losing them.

In regards to what Ben said, there are six screws on the bottom. Once you get those off you have the pins pictures below. I haven't tried to remove these pins from the bottom of the machine. It would make it hard to get the board back in place. I was able to get the wing nuts and washers out without removing the bottom.

2015-01-18 15.57.59.jpg2015-01-18 15.57.59.jpg

More playfield shots.

2015-01-18 15.08.29.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.29.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.32.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.32.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.37.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.37.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.43.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.43.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.53.jpg2015-01-18 15.08.53.jpg2015-01-18 15.09.28.jpg2015-01-18 15.09.28.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

#58 9 years ago

I'm glad to see some buy a The Pin, even though you could buy a second hand Avengers for $3200, are you thinking about modding it? adding figures and such like

#59 9 years ago

Thanks for posting, looks sharp, enjoy.

#60 9 years ago

in an earlier picture it looked like a ball was stuck behind the hulk figure. Is that common/happen a lot. Any other glass off type ball hangups that you would have to lift the glass for?

#61 9 years ago

Take a video if you have a few minutes. I don't think there is any gameplay video of this one out there... Curious on the flow, music, and callouts.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Take a video if you have a few minutes. I don't think there is any gameplay video of this one out there... Curious on the flow, music, and callouts.

It would be great to see some good audio/video of this. The Arcade Expo show in Banning, CA this weekend had one, but I was bummed to see it was turned off so something wasn't working.

#63 9 years ago

I wonder if that screw in the pops is there to divert the ball into the right pop. Maybe after the fact they noticed the ball would fall straight down through the pops without hitting them from that lane. Similar issue with WCS with one of the lanes the ball feeds down and 80% of the time doesn't activate a pop.

#64 9 years ago

2 videos already posted in this thread. The flow is identical as both tranformers pin and avengers pin seem to be the same in every way except art and sound.

Thanks again OP for sharing.

#65 9 years ago

^^
    Yeah, one video was the Stern commercial showing the weird family and the other video was a tech/interview clip... both of the Transformers game.

@OP, thanks again for sharing the unboxing photos and I hope you're enjoying your new game!

#66 9 years ago

The pin has spinners but new pros from stern don't? Interesting. Game looks pretty decent for what it is

#67 9 years ago

I think you own a very rare pin here! Very nice to see this!

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

It would be great to see some good audio/video of this. The Arcade Expo show in Banning, CA this weekend had one, but I was bummed to see it was turned off so something wasn't working.

It was working on Sat mid day. I played it - definitely felt like a real pinball - not like a Zizzle at all...those feel like cardboard. It was hard to hear at Expo but it definitely had the same sounds and callouts as the full sized game. It was pretty fast and tough, actually. For what it is - entry level pinball, it's pretty fun.

#69 9 years ago

I'm glad you took the time to show us your new game!

Normally when The Pin is brought up, all the same old wives tails pop up from the same Pinsiders:

1. You can't open it to service it.

2. You can't lift the glass to free a stuck ball.

3. You can't access the playfield to wax it.

4. Stern quit making it.

5. Bla bla bla......

I played the Transformers version at Costco and it was fun, definitely real pinball.

Thanks for the detailed post!

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from trudert9:

The pin has spinners but new pros from stern don't? Interesting. Game looks pretty decent for what it is

^^^THIS....all day...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........Joey

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

^^^THIS....all day...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........Joey

I know this sounds crazy but I am starting to believe that Stern left the spinners off recent Pro machines because they simply didn't have any in stock. Either that, or the pro models(first machines off the assembly line) never had spinners incorporated into their design. It was an ADDITION to the design of the prem+LE Met. machines.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I know this sounds crazy but I am starting to believe that Stern left the spinners off recent Pro machines because they simply didn't have any in stock. Either that, or the pro models(first machines off the assembly line) never had spinners incorporated into their design. It was an ADDITION to the design of the prem+LE Met. machines.

Out of stock? LMAO, that's some funny stuff.

How about, it was something they could cost reduce on the pro, and add to the Premium / LE to help justify the ~$2K price difference between the two. It is not complicated, trust me.

#73 9 years ago

Wow!

I have never seen one of these!

Thanks for the pics and information!

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It is not complicated, trust me.

Exactly.

They did not run out of spinners.

Stern left them off to make more of a feature difference between the two models.

#75 9 years ago

The spinners were not on the original design of the Met. pro. Why would they be there if they were never in the design of the game?

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It was working on Sat mid day. I played it - definitely felt like a real pinball - not like a Zizzle at all...those feel like cardboard. It was hard to hear at Expo but it definitely had the same sounds and callouts as the full sized game. It was pretty fast and tough, actually. For what it is - entry level pinball, it's pretty fun.

Crap, I didn't notice it until later on Saturday. It looked better in person than from pics I've seen before, I just don't like the back box and score displays so much. Nice to hear it uses the same sounds and was fun to play. Thanks for the info.

3 years later
    #77 5 years ago

What kind of prices are these machines going for on the "used" equipment market?

2 months later
    #78 5 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

This thread already has more information on The Pin than the rest of Pinside.

Actually, more information than what Stern has. Stern has provided ZERO information.

#79 5 years ago

I think one sold on here recently for 2k; search for it on the archives, I believe it was a Transformers The Pin though.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I think one sold on here recently for 2k; search for it on the archives, I believe it was a Transformers The Pin though.

I really think this model could be a big success for Stern. I wonder if they plan to make any more games on The Pin platform?

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I really think this model could be a big success for Stern. I wonder if they plan to make any more games on The Pin platform?

Nope. Just a foray into spike which tech support was told would be "foolproof." I was not.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pin-avengers/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.