• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joe (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike-k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Sorry to say that another pinball lover has moved on. Joe Fela from South Plainfield NJ has passed at 76 years old. He was a die hard pinball collector that like most of us had more machines then he would ever get to. He had a massed around 170 machines in his collection, From 1953 threw 2015. He had to sell a bunch to cover his living expenses over the last few years, mostly the more expensive digital's. Still can't believe he got 6 grand for his Joust! He was feeling weak and went to the hospital for some test and 8 days later was gone. Wanted to let the people that remember him know, as he could not make the Allentown or York show for at least the last 8 years. His size and legs could not do it anymore. He told me when I first met him in 1992 that he bought his first machine around 1982 , High Hand. Like all of us he had plenty of story's of machine he should NOT have bought and the ones he wish he did! That second one we all have a story to tell. I have at least 5 machine's I wish I did not walk away from RIP Joe, I hope they DO have that perfect Gameroom in the sky!

2 months later
#21 4 years ago

No he is not BUYBEST. He was not on pinside at all. Dave I don't remember him getting that Hearts and spades from you. He did buy a lot of pins over the years. It is a NICE Heart & Spades!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike-k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-passing-of-one-of-us-?tu=mike-k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.