New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 642)

"The Party Zone" or "(Data East) Simpsons"?

By Fatsquatch

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Fatsquatch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm looking to add a new pin to the collection, and am currently considering both a "Party Zone" and Data East "Simpsons".

Both machines are in very good condition, and both have an asking price of $1,100.

The Simpsons is local to me, and I've played it a good bit.

The Party Zone is about an hour-and-a-half away, and its a game that I've never actually played before. (However, I'm a big fan of DMD pins, and I think this table would look nice next to my Party Animal.)

So, with the machines being in equal condition, for the same price, which one would you be more inclined to pick up? (With the intention of keeping it for quite some time.)

#2 10 years ago

I'd get the one I enjoyed playing the most.

I have DMD pins, Me liking a machine has nothing to do with the DMD. Actually I've recently started looking for some early SS machines to restore,as I get them done the DMD's will probably be the ones I get rid of to make room TFTC, Getaway excluded.

#3 10 years ago

I'd say go simpsons. The party zone seems a little overpriced. I'd make an offer of 1k on the simpsons and see if he bites. Partyzone has only a 2 ball multiball or something lame like that, not worth it. Edit** I got party zone confused with "game show" for some reason... Sorry and ignore what I said about the multiball. I would go with the party zone, but both are good pins.

#4 10 years ago

I never played that Simpsons pin before so can't help too much, but I do have a PZ. This pin is good clean fun, read my rating for more info on it, also watch for Captain Bzaar's moving head (it follows the ball around the playfield and talks at you) this constant moving mechanism is likely break solder joints/wires on the coil lugs for the mouth action. I was forever re-soldering these back on, untill one day I ran these wires through the plastic base of the coil (I had to make holes) and that was about 4 years ago, no probs since.

#5 10 years ago

Both great games! But also both very different games. Play 'em both for a couple of games and then decide which one you enjoy most! I think you can't go wrong with either one them.

5 years later
#6 5 years ago
Quoted from bugray:

I never played that Simpsons pin before so can't help too much, but I do have a PZ. This pin is good clean fun, read my rating for more info on it, also watch for Captain Bzaar's moving head (it follows the ball around the playfield and talks at you) this constant moving mechanism is likely break solder joints/wires on the coil lugs for the mouth action. I was forever re-soldering these back on, untill one day I ran these wires
through the plastic base of the coil (I had to make holes) and that was about 4 years ago, no probs since.

Are you able to show pics of wat you did i have this issue also

#7 5 years ago

Some info on the PZ broken wires and one fix... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-wires

Mac

#8 5 years ago

I would go with party zone for sure !!
Be sure and check the ramps for cracks and damage

#9 5 years ago

I've owned both... still own PZ.

PZ is prone to fade. If the PZ cab is bright yellow / orange, ramps are nice, plastics fine and plays 100% (DJ head move and talks), I feel that would be a great buy at $1000-$1100.

If games are in similar condition... I would give PZ the slight edge.

#10 5 years ago

With the intention of keeping quite some time as you said, Party Zone all the way.

DE Simpsons is god awful. One of DE's worsts up there with Star Wars

#11 5 years ago

Guys, this thread is 5 years old. I think the OP has long since made a decision

#12 5 years ago

He might be a deep thinker or slow decision maker.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Guys, this thread is 5 years old. I think the OP has long since made a decision

Oh my. So, OP, which one did you get? How long did it last in your collection? And have you owned the other one since then?

Those are the important questions now

#14 5 years ago

lol, today, PZ for 1100 is a good buy if it's nice and fully working. 5 years ago, 1100 sounds about right. What DMD can you buy for 1100 these days? Mario Andretti, Shaq Attack, or Space Jam are the only games in that price range these days.

#15 5 years ago

--------------------------------------------------------
DaveH cautiously approaches the brooding, mist-laden forest where the elusive Fatsquatch is known to reside. Calling out into the deep woods with a summons for fellowship, the snapping of tree limbs and heavy footsteps can be heard...approaching ever closer...when all of a sudden, the mighty creature known as Fatsquatch appears!
--------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, all! Long time, no see!

So...I've been summoned about The Simpsons, eh? Well, for starters I DID purchase the game over Party Zone. (Not sure why I never followed up with this thread when I was an active poster. I may have just forgotten that it existed.) It ended up being one of those games that was a lot of fun initially, but after a couple months it became quite dull. That big ramp shot was always a lot of fun to hit, but that alone wasn't enough for me to keep it in the lineup. I also recall that some of the callouts were really beginning to get on my nerves.

Anyways, I ended up selling it after a few months for what I paid for it, and then rolled those funds into its replacement. (I totally can't remember what that replacement was.)

#16 5 years ago

Whatever the replacement was, it is probably sitting at my house now.

What in the world are you doing around here? I thought you were just a myth now...

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

What in the world are you doing around here? I thought you were just a myth now...

DaveH pulled me back with a PM notification in my e-mail. And yes, you probably DO have whatever machine I bought as a replacement for the Simpsons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 25.00
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wappingers Falls, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside