(Topic ID: 224953)

The other side of the CL coin

By Pinbutt2000

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0117 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0113 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0111 (resized).PNG
    #1 5 years ago

Post the other side of the coin here. When you post something for sale and a viewer of your listing attacks you for your stupid pricing, poor quality, whatever.
    It is equally hillarious on the other side. I just listed this pin for a friend. The price is negotiable but rather then a buyer I got this Alex guy replying. IDGAF if this dude is immortal in the Pinball comunity... He just comes off as a douche.
    reno.craigslist.org link

IMG_0111 (resized).PNGIMG_0111 (resized).PNGIMG_0112 (resized).PNGIMG_0112 (resized).PNGIMG_0113 (resized).PNGIMG_0113 (resized).PNG
    #2 5 years ago

Wow. People suck period. F that guy and hope your friend finds a buyer regardless of price or anything. Why go out of your way to be an a-hole????

#3 5 years ago
    IMG_0114 (resized).PNGIMG_0114 (resized).PNGIMG_0115 (resized).PNGIMG_0115 (resized).PNG
    #4 5 years ago

I find it ironic that you call the guy a "pinside cryass" and then post (and cry) about it on pinside.

That said, screw that guy! Silence is the best way to tell someone you don't like their prices.

Unless you are a CL spammer listing the same overpriced crap for months on end without dropping the price.

#5 5 years ago

Ha ha... except I am laughing, not crying
    In any event I was reffering specifically to the habbit around here of people complaining about prices of things they have no intention to buy. But your point is valid

#6 5 years ago

I find cuss words interesting and I thought I knew them all... but cryass... now that is a new one. I think you are right that he wasn't serious about buying.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

I find cuss words interesting and I thought I knew them all... but cryass... now that is a new one. What a doucher. Crazy people lol

I was just about to post that “cryass” was new to me as well! But so is “doucher” ! Man I gotta get out more!

#8 5 years ago

Having difficulty figuring out quoting on my iphone. But in response to the two above. Yeah, I come from the George Carlin school of language arts
    Not sure when and where I picked up those two word versions but I like...

#9 5 years ago

Ha ha... I feel like this is an Episode of Cheaters or the like

THE CONCLUSION:

IMG_0116 (resized).PNGIMG_0116 (resized).PNGIMG_0117 (resized).PNGIMG_0117 (resized).PNG
    #10 5 years ago

Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again........

#11 5 years ago

Sounds like a perfect Grindr match.

Let us know how the date goes...

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Sounds like a perfect Grindr match.
    Let us know how the date goes...

Hmmm.... swipe right?

#13 5 years ago

$7k for an unshopped Addams Family in 7/10 condition sounds crazy, but so does trying to "educate" a seller on Craigslist of all places.

Good luck in your keyboard fight.

#14 5 years ago

I don't know whats worse, the OP posting & spending time on this BS, or me reading it. Seriously who gives a shit, "putting him on blast on pinside" what are you 12?

#15 5 years ago

You really taught him a lesson. Pinside is a small market blast though, this really needs Reddit, Instagram, Twitter and Fb exposure. Can't have people spewing nonsense on the internet unchallenged!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Having difficulty figuring out quoting on my iphone. But in response to the two above. Yeah, I come from the George Carlin school of language arts
    Not sure when and where I picked up those two word versions but I like...

George Carlin was so good. He would have been fantastic in a debate!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

I don't know whats worse, the OP posting & spending time on this BS, or me reading it. Seriously who gives a shit, "putting him on blast on pinside" what are you 12?

That is a matter of oppinion I suppose. They say that boredom is a lack of imagination.
    It entertained me

The funny CL thread is like 177 pages long so I figure the other side of the debate deserves some love.

Thanks for your input.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You really taught him a lesson. Pinside is a small market blast though, this really needs Reddit, Instagram, Twitter and Fb exposure. Can't have people spewing nonsense on the internet unchallenged!

Ha ha... true. I am gonna get the I.T. Team on it.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

$7k for an unshopped Addams Family in 7/10 condition sounds crazy, but so does trying to "educate" a seller on Craigslist of all places.
    Good luck in your keyboard fight.

The Market will dictate the outcome 100%. The seller is an Old School Operator and not a collector. This was litterally listed last night having never been listed before. I have seen perhaps 10 pinballs listed locally in the last year.
    Of those most were System 11 or similar.
    It is easy to assume things but until somebody shows up with the cash nobody really knows.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-other-side-of-the-cl-coin?hl=pinbutt2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.