2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Calfdemon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

#1 2 years ago

The wife bought me an Ooni Pizza Oven (Fyra model) for my birthday in March and while I was a bit skeptical when I opened it, after using it since then, it is one of our favorite things to use in the backyard and camping and we usually do a family pizza night once a week. Just wondering who else has a pizza oven and maybe share some tips and tricks, and some amazing pizza creations!!

The most shocking thing about the ooni, is it actually cooks the pizza in one minute. Of course, that is at 800 degrees plus as they recommend. We have found that we actually enjoy ours cooked a little cooler (around 650) and a bit longer. Still, at 650 the pizza is done in about 1:30 to 2 minutes tops. A couple more turns than the single 180 degree turn that 800+ takes, but we like how the crust and center turns out with the cooler/longer technique. So far I have used Mesquite and Hickory. The Mesquite is our go-to so far. Wondering what everyone else likes as we are always open to trying new ideas and techniques.

#2 2 years ago

Check this thread. Sorry I don’t know how to post a link.

The Homemade Pizza Thread (aka: Who makes their own pizza?)

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Check this thread. Sorry I don’t know how to post a link.
The Homemade Pizza Thread (aka: Who makes their own pizza?)

Ah, thanks!! I searched the forum prior to making this topic, but searched for "pizza oven" and did not come up with any hits. I will explore that thread, and here is the link for anyone else that stumbles on this and didn't see it either:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-homemade-pizza-thread-aka-who-makes-their-own-pizza

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ooni-or-other-pizza-oven-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.