You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bongo_Fury.jpg
th-2.jpeg
metal.jpg
DanielleColby.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Really nothing bec so far I can't think of a reason. If I had to pick one it would be bec it only 4 multiball bec 4 band members and maybe I should wait for Iron Maiden if its ever made which should have 3 and 6 mutiball bec they have 6 band members. I want to see if anyone has good reasons not to buy this pin. I really think this could be a great first NIB selection.

#2 11 years ago

For me it's cost, I'm gonna wait and see how it all shakes out when it comes out. Worst case scenario I wait and buy a huo.

#3 11 years ago

I can think of about 7000 plus reasons. However, if money is no object, than sure it looks pretty cool. The best reason not to right now, that so many seem to ignore, is you haven't see or played a single ball on it yet.

#4 11 years ago

I HATE Metallica. But, I hope that everyone who ordered it loves it! Looks to be fun....as pinball should be!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

I can think of about 7000 plus reasons. However, if money is no object, than sure it looks pretty cool. The best reason not to right now, that so many seem to ignore is, you haven't see or played a single ball on it yet.

I agree with you and what about all the problems the past few titles NIB with Stern having incomplete code. Does this really affect everything or can it always be fixed or applied to your game once you get it. Apologize but NIB purchase is more new to me as I never even considered it and can only think more good things to come. I have no interest in owning Star Trek but hope its a success and look forward to playing. For me I love rock n roll and even though I am a bigger fan of other bands I still like everything I see in this game for the first time in my life. I always agree with playing one first but hard to happen when these games never on location anymore. I can always wait to see what comes next year after these two titles we know are getting made.

#6 11 years ago

Rather wait for Iron Maiden. It does look good though. I only like a few of Metallica songs. I'm a bigger Maiden fan though plus waiting for Star Trek.

#7 11 years ago

for me i cant name one member of the band or a song. just not in to them

#8 11 years ago

Only the music. Looks like a great pin all around.
If I liked more of their music, I'd be all over this one.
It's not for everyone, but for those who like the music, it appears to be one hell of a pin.

#9 11 years ago

the Theme is not for me! waiting on Star Trek!!

#10 11 years ago

Metallica is my heavy band.Cost/value is my issue.Maybe some enterprising pinhead will build a hammer mod for the pro's.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

But can you sing the Flintstones theme song? (Mom showed me where the machine does the sing along.)

I know Enter Sandman. That's it. The machine looks cool, but not one that I'd want to buy. I do hope my pin neighbor buys one so that I can at least see it though.

#12 11 years ago

Cost.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Metallica is my heavy band.Cost/value is my issue.Maybe some enterprising pinhead will build a hammer mod for the pro's.

That would be a hell of a mod to do anything more than add a static hammer, since you're going to be missing brackets, magnet coils, coil for the hammer movement, coil to move the magnet up and down, the under-trough, coil to kick the balls out of the trough, missing all of the factory wiring and maybe even not have the transistors populated on the mainboard for it... lol...

#14 11 years ago

I listened to Metallica's greatest hits on Youtube yesterday. The only song I could tolerate was their cover of Bob Seger's Turn the Page. I think I'm either too old or my music tastes just aren't there for heavy metal.

The pin looks fun and I really like in-line drops so I'll put some money into it when I see it on location. Hope it works out for everyone who gets one.

#15 11 years ago

Wile I do like some of Metallica's songs, mostly their early stuff, I am more of a Country music fan but for all you heavy metal head bangers out their I am happy for ya.
Now, I am the biggest Star Trek Fan sense the first original show aired back in 1966 ( yes I saw the first run on live TV) so waiting for the new Stern Star Trek is a no brainier for me. I would like to make this my first NIB pin. I wish JJP was making it but we cant have everything.

#16 11 years ago

Very simple...I haven't played it yet.

#17 11 years ago

Not a fan of their noise, er uh music. And i'm not an angry dude with a thousand tats all over my body.

#18 11 years ago

... having no reason TO get it.

#19 11 years ago

I am the furthest from a Metallica fan but the playfield looks so damn cool. That alone makes me want one.

#20 11 years ago

I love the artwork on Metallica and the playfield/toys look pretty good, but I just don't have the space. I am also just not into Metallica like I am with AC/DC. If so, I would figure out a way to make room even if it meant I would have to sell one of my current pins. Of course, I really can't think of a new theme that would inspire me do that at this point. But, I can certainly see how this pin is a "must-own" for Metallica fans...

#21 11 years ago

I know the band and liked a few songs when I was about 12, to me now theyve become a joke boy band which really ruins the pin for my personal tastes. It looks like it will play well though

#22 11 years ago

I used to listen to Metallica and acdc when I was younger. Now, I'm 42 and have kids. don't want either mostly for that reason. Just not kid friendly stuff. but also, I'm 42, I've moved on from listening to that type of music. I got tron which is I really like and is kid friendly.

#23 11 years ago

This thread has made me feel better about not being part of the cult.

I was 17 when MOP came out and had already moved on to college/alternative rock at that time.
If I had been 12-13 years old when MOP was released I likely would have been a Metallica fan in the manner that I liked Def Leppard Pyromania at around 12-14 years old but grew out of them in a couple years.
I still think the first 6 Van Halen albums were/are really good. Hagar was the end of that group for me. Zeppelin is my favorite hard rock band.

#24 11 years ago

For me its the 7000.00 price tag and the Fact that I just bought a CV and really want Star Trek, Im a huge Metallica fan so maybe down the road Ill get a Premium.

#25 11 years ago

Not a fan of their noise, er uh music. And i'm not an angry skin head with a thousand tats all over my body.

Danielle Colby of American Pickers loves Metallica.

DanielleColby.jpgDanielleColby.jpg

#26 11 years ago

I hate the band so that is reason enough.

#27 11 years ago

Cost & theme would be why i wouldn't buy it. No reason not to like it until i play it.

#28 11 years ago

.....because you don't appreciate a cool theme and your wife is making you buy a WOZ.

That's the only reason I can think of.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Not a fan of their noise, er uh music. And i'm not an angry skin head with a thousand tats all over my body.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me!

Metallica unboxing extravaganza/klan rally/meth party at MY house!!! PM for deets!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Skinheads are now metal heads? Oh how times have changed.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That would be a hell of a mod to do anything more than add a static hammer, since you're going to be missing brackets, magnet coils, coil for the hammer movement, coil to move the magnet up and down, the under-trough, coil to kick the balls out of the trough, missing all of the factory wiring and maybe even not have the transistors populated on the mainboard for it... lol...

Ok I get it.You're not enterprising.Lol.

#32 11 years ago

My reasons for not buying Metallica pin
1) cost, an estimated $7000
2) Metallica music There is no middle ground. You either love it or hate it. Classic rock is my favorite music. It doesn't extend itself to Metallica.
3) dislike of Metallica band members. Speaks for itself.

Other than that, the pin looks great! While I personally don't care for it, I acknowledge that there certainly is a boat load of enthusiasm for the pin. How it plays will be the big question. Look at how the Rolling Stones pin tanked.

#33 11 years ago

...not a fan of the music

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Danielle Colby of American Pickers loves Metallica.

she loves whatever her stylist tells he will look alt/punk/rocky this week....

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Look at how the Rolling Stones pin tanked.

But that still looked like crap.

#36 11 years ago

Hey,

If I DESPERATELY wanted to swing it, yes, I could call up a distributor and get one and find the money. And I like the band, so that's a bonus. But I would like to see the game, see what people think of Pro vs. LE (I'd be out on the LE, but if the features command it, I'd maybe consider the Premium). Basically, I don't want to spend that kind of money blind. Maybe a HUO purchase a bit later down the line. They'll change hands; regardless of the game, they'll change hands.

Oh, and I'll throw this out there. I had never played a NEW new game, like day it came out of the box new, until a local place had an Avengers. As I was playing some of the first games, I could see dimples going into the playfield. This isn't a Stern vs. Williams thing, it's a "Luke doesn't want to see wear happening to the brand new toy he just paid $5,000 for" thing. I never pieced it together until just now, but that may hold me back from a NIB. Just my two cents.

Luke

#37 11 years ago

This sums it up i think...

metal.jpgmetal.jpg

#38 11 years ago

There's no reason not to buy Metallica pinball.

#39 11 years ago

pricing, band sucks,

#40 11 years ago

Huh?

Reasons NOT to buy? Aren't we looking at it backwards?

Maybe I'm in a shrinking and unstylish minority, but I can barely think of a reason TO buy any pinball before I've played it myself.

#42 11 years ago

One concern of mine is the apparently unannounced price increase on the Premium model with sub par premium cab and trans art.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

This sums it up i think...

Love the Iron Maiden tee

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The only reason not to get or like the new Metallica pin is:

Lars.

#45 11 years ago

No one knows how it will play.

No one knows what the code will be like.

No one knows what issues it is going to have.

And prices keep rising.

But it does look like it may be a cracking pin

#46 11 years ago

Jeeee..just saw some prices here (germany) for the LE - it`s 8290 Euro = 10930 $
Funny ha?

That sucks! the best pricing i saw for an LE was 7100 Euros = 9361 $

any more reasons not to buy that LE?

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from ab3:

I can think of about 7000 plus reasons. The best reason not to right now, that so many seem to ignore, is you haven't see or played a single ball on it yet.

Agreed and double agreed.

It would also be very interesting to see how many of the people who pre-ordered are the same ones who said screamed "never again" to the high heavens after all the code and technical issues with the last few Sterns. Hypocrisy at it's best!

2 months later
#48 10 years ago

Because I have not played one yet.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I am the furthest from a Metallica fan but the playfield looks so damn cool. That alone makes me want one.

+1

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I couldn't name a single character in Lord of the Rings either. Never read the books, never saw the movies. I bought the game because it was just that good and I couldn't stop playing it. I have seen the movies by now but I would not call myself a fan. Still love the game.

The point is: fun and good games do not necessarily have to be things you know very well. If of course listening to the music is unappealing then it doesn't matter how good or fun the game is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-only-reason-not-to-get-or-like-the-new-metallica-pin-is and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.