(Topic ID: 106684)

The "Only Good Things To Say" Thread...!!!

By Breaking_Dad

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by indybru
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    image-497.jpg
    image-233.jpg
    image-992.jpg
    image-475.jpg
    image-914.jpg
    I like pizza.gif
    I like pizza.jpg
    carlton-dance-gif.gif

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

@locdb.....Dude....you should come to the Bloomfield tourney with me at the end of September..(26th)....dude has 30 machines in his basement...it's amazing....A very nice TOTAN....STLE,AC/DC Prem,GnR,SM(blk),AFM just to name a few.....it's a great time.....best $20 you will ever spend.....good luck if you go to Vegas.....they just put in a dozen brand new Sterns in New York New York.................Joey

#52 8 years ago

I work weekends Sounds cool though. If I had more notice - about a week or two ago, I could've asked off, but now the schedule is posted. I'm working at 11am-? It'll likely be busy and I don't imagine I'd get out until 5-6pm at the earliest. What time does it start at? Maybe I could switch with somebody.
    Also, where are the machines located at NY, NY? Is it in the arcade near the coaster? or some other area?

#53 8 years ago

got myself some pizza for diner, not bad.

#54 8 years ago

I love that I get to fix and play these great games and that I can be a little like Ricky shroder...(silver spoons shout out ) !

#55 8 years ago

After looking awhile off and on, finally went into a little more urgent mode to find my wife's favorite or second favorite pin. She's liked Stern's Spiderman ever since it was released. Thought we'd have to go for one HUO route but eventually found one lightly routed and it's cleaned up very nicely and only need very minor adjustments and is playing great. My son and wife have both got into the high scores list and we're having a lot of fun with it. Only second Stern we've owned.

Side note: My son is a Senior in high school and for over a year has been getting phone calls and letters from colleges. He hadn't shown much interest but got stuff from MIT recently. He has now been talking with us and his school officials and teachers to find out about scholarships and more about applying to different schools. He's a great son and I'll miss him when he does go off to college. But we're all very interested to see what kind of school, major and carrer he goes for eventually. He can give me a decent run on most pins thse days.

2 weeks later
    #56 8 years ago

pepperoni and green peppers mushrooms olives chives...

pepperoni and green peppers mushrooms olives chives

#57 8 years ago

pinball is awesome. and so are the people who love it.

#58 8 years ago

i have met some of the most awesomest people ever because of pinball. yes, i know that is not grammatically correct but i don't feel anyone can critique that in this thread. that's what makes this thread most awesomest of all.

#59 8 years ago

It's nice reading about younger generation playing pins.
    Her's my contribution to the younger generation. My one nephew used to have a bunch of his friends hang out in his room to play playstaion several years ago. They were all in there late teens and none have ever played pinball. I talked him into letting me put a nice Pinbot in his room to store for a while. Showed him how to turn it on and off. How to remove the glass if the ball got stuck.
    Left it there for several years then brought it home. My nephew can now flip the score on the game. Kicks my but every time we play. Flash forward to present. I have been working with a younger guy in his early 20's for about 6 months. Somehow the topic of pins got brought up and this kid starts telling me about how he learned to play pinball at a friends house. And he started playing in bars now that he's older. Yup you guessed it. He was playing my pin at my nephews. I'm proud to have turned a few of the younger gen onto pinball.

#60 8 years ago

My wife is working late. I get to play loud music and crank up the volume on FT.

#61 8 years ago

Great story mojo....trying to get my youngest in (12)....he will only play when we do the family and friends tourneys....but here and there I'll keep trying...............Joey

#62 8 years ago

Very proud Dad....my 17 yr old son got his first (real) job....he's working the Sabre's games the lucky duck.....senior doing very well at Huch Tech.....keep up the good work kid...!!!..............Joey

7 months later
    #63 7 years ago

Love it... ...........Joey

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #64 7 years ago

"good" to see this thread resurrected ....... goin to Atlanta for SFGE tomorrow also good!

#65 7 years ago

Breaking Dad Joey is one of my favorite Pinsiders. No one is a bigger T2 fan than he is! ...and my first two pinballs getting into the hobby are the same that he currently has...Road Kings and T2! Cant wait to see what his third game will be

#66 7 years ago

I'm awesome.

(Just realized I said this a year ago, but some people need reminding.)

#67 7 years ago

Boss called this morning and asked if I wanted a day off today. Stupid question. Hell yes I want a 3 day weekend !!. Will do some pinball maintenance later..............working on pins is better than being at work, for me anyway...........freakin' hot outside today, glad I ain't out in it..........

#68 7 years ago

Beelzeboob is definitely good.......

For nothing!

#69 7 years ago

I got into the hobby 15 years ago and I never thought I would enjoy anything more than playing pinball. Now I love fixing games just as much as playing them, and I would have never progressed in my fixing skills without the help of pinsiders and local friends I discovered through the hobby. In addition to my own small collection and fixing and playing a few routed games locally, I've been routing one game at a pizza shop across the street for 5 years, and it's a joy to check on it regularly and find kids and the shop employees playing. It's great to know that there are a few kids out there who are building their own pinball memories thanks to that game at the pizza shop. And my wife has learned to love to play and helps me troubleshoot fixes as well--an unexpected bonus.

#70 7 years ago

Amen, I like the
    Pins I own so much it would be very hard to sell one for more room.???

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-only-good-things-to-say-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.