• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by chadderack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-523.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

There has to be something that pisses you off about AC/DC while playing it. What's yours?

For me, it's when you have a decent ball... enough to get "change your song" lit on the jukebox, then you drain... and the auto plunge (if you somehow drain on the next plunge) puts you in the jukebox.

F'ing PISSES me off to no end. You build up a 14 mil jackpot during a multiball, get jukebox lit, DRAIN, and then auto plunge puts you in the jukebox for a measely 1mil.

I try to short plunge in those situations; but at least HALF of the time, that results in a lost ball, which the machine so helpfully puts back into play by plunging RIGHT INTO THE F'IN JUKEBOX.

Also am not playing well lately. Can't get above about 45 mil on AC/DC, and can barely crack 100M on Addams on a good day. Hope PAPA comes up with an E division soon, because I'm going to royally embarrass myself at Lyons

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

That ugly mug on the playfield of the pro edition.

I dodged that bullet ... bought a Luci

Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Fix it with Helen!

Aurich created a beauty.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Don't feel bad bro, Luci is kicking my butt too. I have thought about Hemi's Mod with Bell-to reduce number of drains and adjusting the outlanes. I have decided to keep it stock and on 3-ball. It gets frustrating-but she keeps me coming back for more(;

Hey Rex! Thanks for the little extras. Got them a few days ago and forgot to thank you. Also got the mb's from Melissa. Thanks again!

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

A sling not firing...and drain sdtm cuz I have they opposite flipper engaged

No doubt!

#11 10 years ago

All right, maybe someone can give me some insight into what I could do to improve?

There are probably some risky shots I'm taking that I shouldn't; but mostly I'm just going for the left orbit, and getting my nutz pounded.

These are typical games. I only score over 20 mil occasionally--and it's not because I don't know some basic scoring rules. It's just because I flat out suck. Game times < 4 mins each.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It doesnt matter if the auto launcher puts the ball in the jukebox or not. Once you drain the Song Jackpot get reset to 1mil.

Yeah, I know. But I want to build up the jackpot for another collect before changing the song. Does it not collect the jackpot when you change songs? If it doesn't, then it wouldn't matter. But if it awards song jackpot when switching songs, you'd want to have something built up before switching songs.

Guess my question is... does it award the song jackpot when you hit the lit jukebox?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I'd work on using a live catch or loop pass to get control of the ball coming out of the left orbit. Watching the first video that seems where you are losing it the most. Even if you don't nail the live catch, if you're close you should still be able to get control. You also had Tour Multiball lit with War Machine going but kept shooting the orbit instead of loading the cannon to start Multiball.

Thanks man. That's a fast moving ball coming around the orbit. Generally I just let it hit the flippers at full speed and settle with dead bounces.

About the multiball... guess I was going for the stack there (probably wanted to at least bring Jam into it)... but there is something to be said about just starting any multiball.

Thank you for the feedback.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No, You need to spell fire 3 times to light the cannon for a shot at the drops to collect the Song Jackpot. It doesnt award points when you switch songs it just displays the points you earned in the previous song played.

Ah, that makes sense then. No more need to get upset then

You play against Keith a lot, right? I'll trust your judgment

Thank you.

Quoted from luckymoey:

Watched a couple more videos. There's a good set of ACDC rules out there if you search Pinside or watch Bowen's tutorial on youtube. Seems like you're only focusing on building up the first song jackpot by repeatedly shooting the orbit which is a risky strategy unless you can consistently gain control out of the loop and bumpers. It's tempting but the first song jackpot typically isn't that many points vs. what you can earn in Multiball or later jackpots.

Yeah, I probably have to go back and listen more closely to the rules. In Bowen's tutorial, he mentions the "War Machine all day strategy", which I assumed meant hit that spinner over and over. It gives at least a mil per orbit (to start) and if you get bonus lanes, that is doubled.

As you say... I have to get a better understanding of what to go for in multiball .... assume that in Album, you go for drops... Tour, you go for more lanes... and Jam, more ramps?

Rarely (not really knowing why) I have been able to get a really sizeable cannon shot during 2x/3x while multiball is running. Can you get three separate multiball collects?

Guess I'll watch Bowen's tut again.

Again... thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-thing-that-pisses-you-off-more-than-anything-when-playing-acdc?tu=chadderack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.